Does the AI ignore low experience/popularity workers?

Done a lot of sims 15-20 years in the future and notice the AI continues to push guys who have terribly deteriorated stats and who are now pushing 60 years of age, but the free agent talent pool is full out highly talented young workers with low experience and low popularity who have been in the business for 10+ years and not even had a match.

Is TEW not geared towards long term saves? As the AI doesnt seem to know when to let go of older guys and how to bring up new talent.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sprout1883" data-cite="Sprout1883" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What are you running?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Run multiple mods and the default data</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Run multiple mods and the default data</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would suggest testing out changing the owner’s/booker’s style to favor younger workers and see if that changes anything.</p><p> </p><p> If it doesn't, then something is wrong.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Run multiple mods and the default data</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I assume regens are switched on?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sprout1883" data-cite="Sprout1883" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I assume regens are switched on?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In the CV data yes, in the historical mods they are off but have all the yet to debut workers already in the databases</p>

<p>Are the workers who have been a free agent for 10 years still on 0 popularity? Could be that nobody wants to take on an unknown and favour those with higher popularity. What about workers from dojos assigned to companies? Do they spent 3 or 4 years then get released?</p><p> </p><p>

Makes it easier for the user if no company goes in for a raw talent when they first appear.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Scott Zodiac" data-cite="Scott Zodiac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are the workers who have been a free agent for 10 years still on 0 popularity? Could be that nobody wants to take on an unknown and favour those with higher popularity. What about workers from dojos assigned to companies? Do they spent 3 or 4 years then get released?<p> </p><p> Makes it easier for the user if no company goes in for a raw talent when they first appear.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah they all have 0 popularity. </p><p> </p><p> You are correct, workers from dojos assigned to companies spend 3 or 4 years there then get released.</p>

I think the AI puts too much importance on popularity. I’m having that problem with my AI bookers in my dev companies. Pop doesn’t seem to rise quickly enough for workers I’ve noticed. When my base company grew, my workers’ pop would get left behind and I’d have no major stars and get penalised. Surely as a big company you could get somebody over quickly if they performed in the ring. I’ve brought across a worker from Australia and I’m struggling to get him above insignificant despite him putting in 70+ in ring performances in a 82 rated company in our home area. 680k+ watching 4 TV shows and 1 event a month. Even sticking him in 99 rated angles pretty much every show, his growth is +3 per month. It’s going to take me another 2 years booking him strongly and putting him in 99 rated angles for him to catch up. Probably why the AI doesn’t bother.

I've noticed this happening a lot in my games. I had added some characters into the database with some solid to good skills, but if I don't change their popularity from 0, then they'll never get picked up by anyone. I've had Clark Still from King of Fighters repeatedly show up in the news for winning online awards as the best technical wrestler in the world, but no one ever signs him and he only gets about 2 or 3 indie matches in a year.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Aura" data-cite="Aura" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52201" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've noticed this happening a lot in my games. I had added some characters into the database with some solid to good skills, but if I don't change their popularity from 0, then they'll never get picked up by anyone. I've had Clark Still from King of Fighters repeatedly show up in the news for winning online awards as the best technical wrestler in the world, but no one ever signs him and he only gets about 2 or 3 indie matches in a year.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is exactly what happens to me, I may give all yet to debut workers 20 popularity in there home country and see if this makes a difference</p>

Even new organic companies may ignore generated workers if they start with 25/30/35 pop. Makes it very easy for the user to Hoover up the generated studs.

You would think that Insignificant/Tiny/Small companies would pick them up, especially the those with good skills but they are just completely ignored.

I've posted it in the technical support section, hopefully Adam can sort something out.

Update on this, Im feeling like the free agent talent is just too big on historical mods meaning so many workers remain unsigned.

In the CV, there are 13 active companies in the US and 183 free agents.

In my 1993 mod for example, there are 9 active US companies and 186 free agent, and that's before workers debut, where as the CV has 2 yet to debut workers and generates workers as it needs them.

Im going to make a copy of the data and remove the dead wood, hopefully making room for the more well known yet to debut workers to become employed.

Update on this, Im feeling like the free agent talent is just too big on historical mods meaning so many workers remain unsigned.

In the CV, there are 13 active companies in the US and 183 free agents.

In my 1993 mod for example, there are 9 active US companies and 186 free agent, and that's before workers debut, where as the CV has 2 yet to debut workers and generates workers as it needs them.

Im going to make a copy of the data and remove the dead wood, hopefully making room for the more well known yet to debut workers to become employed.

If you don't want to delete dead wood, look into the booker’s and owner’s ratings. Give them bigger rosters so their roster size for their company can be bigger than 20 something workers. Even making some of them to prefer younger workers should help.

From what I’ve observed of the AI behavior it avoids booking wrestlers with low experience entirely unless the company has a lot of workers in it and then it will throw them on the pre show.

Experience gain is probably too low for most companies that do not spam. For example I did a file with a local company in Europe and obviously only ran about 15-20 shows a year and my guys were getting about 3 experience per year.

So naturally the way to sort of counteract is to have development companies with a lot of greenhorns that run multiple shows a month so guys can get to 20 experience within a year or 3.

But the AI also will never sign any unemployed rookies unless they come from their own dojo and rookies don’t develop on the independent circuit.

I think the AI puts too much importance on popularity. I’m having that problem with my AI bookers in my dev companies. Pop doesn’t seem to rise quickly enough for workers I’ve noticed. When my base company grew, my workers’ pop would get left behind and I’d have no major stars and get penalised. Surely as a big company you could get somebody over quickly if they performed in the ring. I’ve brought across a worker from Australia and I’m struggling to get him above insignificant despite him putting in 70+ in ring performances in a 82 rated company in our home area. 680k+ watching 4 TV shows and 1 event a month. Even sticking him in 99 rated angles pretty much every show, his growth is +3 per month. It’s going to take me another 2 years booking him strongly and putting him in 99 rated angles for him to catch up. Probably why the AI doesn’t bother.

Wow that is insane, I have never patched my game from 1.15 because of multiple nerfs that I don’t agree with and from the sounds of it I never will.

Since 1.15 company growth, worker growth and new gen strength have all been nerfed according to patch notes, and honestly the only patch note since then I’d actually want is the slight increase of popularity caps but honestly I can just deal with that. At least I can get guys up to 50-60 pop in only a couple of months.

You would think that Insignificant/Tiny/Small companies would pick them up, especially the those with good skills but they are just completely ignored.

I've posted it in the technical support section, hopefully Adam can sort something out.

I actually disagree, as someone who has made an Insignificant company the new gens don’t really develop because you can’t develop them.

They would be better off going some place they could actually develop.

Honestly the biggest issue is just that the independent scene is sort of porous. If these rookies could wrestle 20-30 times on independent shows and get experience and local popularity it would definitely solve this problem.