Massive star goes on hiatus without warning

Maybe just a suggestion, but when a worker decides to go and do something different for 2 years, maybe a month or two warning could be implemented in order for the user to write them out of television? It really ruined a save for me as I was 10 months into a three year plan when my figure head decided to go into politics. I still wouldn't have been happy, but at least with a warning, I could have written his absence into the story.

As a side note, if this happens, do you still pay the workers wages?

Kind of the point tbf. I don't think WWE were thrilled in 03 when they put the belt on the Rock and he immediately went "okay I wanna drop the title to Brock at Summerslam next month cos I'm out of here"

Do we know that wasn't the plan all along?

I agree, one month notice would be perfect

... so he gave them a 1 month notice? Isn't that what OP is askin for?

Thanks Vinsmoker. That's exactly what I was saying. I'd have still been annoyed at losing my star, but at least I could have written him out (kayfabe injury, losing a buried alive match, etc.) As it was, he was working TV and events, involved in storylines and BAM! He's gone. The fans would be totally miffed if it was real life. Apart from coming up with some trashy after thought kayfabe reason, what are the creative minded of us meant to do?

There's really no reason to keep this in the game. It's no value added. Nothing ruins a game faster than randomly losing your top star. I had to restart a TCW save when Wolf Hawkins went into politics. And the next save, he left to film a TV show for 4 months. Eliminate this!

The feature *does* add value for many people. It might be something that you'd want to be able to toggle on and off, but for many of us it gives us a new wrinkle, a new thing to have to deal with. A new layer we potentially have to manage. I'm all for making it an optional feature.

As to the OP's comment, I'd put it in the suggestion board because I do think there is a lot of value to getting a 30 day notice -- like you would if you are running a developmental company and the AI is going to call a worker up.

There's really no reason to keep this in the game. It's no value added. Nothing ruins a game faster than randomly losing your top star. I had to restart a TCW save when Wolf Hawkins went into politics. And the next save, he left to film a TV show for 4 months. Eliminate this!

I don't have a problem with the feature, it's the lack of warning that annoyed me. I think the feature is great, and realistic, it does force you to re-think, change plans, maybe pull the trigger on someone earlier than intended, I just think a warning would have been nice.

I'd have understood it if his morale was so low that he just left, that's a different situation that I'd hopefully have avoided (or certainly wouldn't have plans for him), but the fact he went into politics..........

Oh, and it was Steve Austin by the way.

And I'd still like to know if I would continue to pay his wages...

I don't have a problem with the feature, it's the lack of warning that annoyed me. I think the feature is great, and realistic, it does force you to re-think, change plans, maybe pull the trigger on someone earlier than intended, I just think a warning would have been nice.

I'd have understood it if his morale was so low that he just left, that's a different situation that I'd hopefully have avoided (or certainly wouldn't have plans for him), but the fact he went into politics..........

Oh, and it was Steve Austin by the way.

And I'd still like to know if I would continue to pay his wages...

It boils down, as these things almost always do, to the simulation vs fantasy booking argument. I'd be cool with an option to turn it off...and I think you can set the "random events" (or something like that) to occur rarely in the options.

I get the simulation players like "wrinkles" and "challenges". But it sure can screw up a game for us fantasy bookers. I have zero interest in having, say...Michael Hayes leave the Freebirds to go film a movie.

It boils down, as these things almost always do, to the simulation vs fantasy booking argument. I'd be cool with an option to turn it off...and I think you can set the "random events" (or something like that) to occur rarely in the options.

I get the simulation players like "wrinkles" and "challenges". But it sure can screw up a game for us fantasy bookers. I have zero interest in having, say...Michael Hayes leave the Freebirds to go film a movie.

Then maybe just do the booking the oldschool way via Excel

I love it. Sometimes people leave without warning. I look at it as workers who are professional give you a heads up, but they don't have to. When someone's going to film, have a fight or going to tour with a band they do give notice though.

My question is the same as WCGreyghost's: Do we still pay their wages? Because we shouldn't. Realistically it should freeze the contract until they return.

I had to restart a TCW save when Wolf Hawkins went into politics. And the next save, he left to film a TV show for 4 months. Eliminate this!

Hilarious. I guess gaming sometimes brings out the totalitarians in us. :p

Imo it's part of the quirks of being a star. A lot of worlds open. You're just going to have to accept it. I do agree there could be some option to swing a million bucks his way as if to say: "Don't *winkywink*"

Also: WOLF IN THE WHITE HOUSE, BABY!!!

It boils down, as these things almost always do, to the simulation vs fantasy booking argument.

But taking fantasy booking out of the equation, from a simulated, real life perspective, the worker has breached his contract (exclusive written deal) and should stump up compensation. If I wanted to end his contract early, I'd have to pay. If I want him away from company for a while (give time off) I still have to pay him.

Kind of the point tbf. I don't think WWE were thrilled in 03 when they put the belt on the Rock and he immediately went "okay I wanna drop the title to Brock at Summerslam next month cos I'm out of here"

WWE knew The Rock was leaving after SummerSlam long before they knew he would be champion or who he’d be facing...hell, when The Rock signed on to film The Rundown(titled Helldorado at the time) that summer, Brock Lesnar hadn’t even debuted yet! That’s how much advanced notice they had. That’s why fans soured on him months beforehand, and that’s why they had Brock earn a title shot by winning KOTR.