disable angle-penalties

I think we should be allowed to disable the caps or penalties for angles below 6 minutes.

Just look at interview-segments with Hogan, Rock or Stone-Cold. Most of them are 2-4 Minutes and are legendary to this date.

Moreover there shouldn't be penalties for booking someone just for Looks. I love to watch the entrances of Undertaker, Goldberg, Fiend or the Beautiful people. All of them would be penalised, as you would book them for nenace or sex appeal.

<p>Entrances don't class as angles, entrances are already built into match times.</p><p> </p><p>

How good can an angle be based on looking at somebody? Kane could be the scariest person in the world but it wouldn't get a world class rating have 'Kane stood at the top of the ramp, staring down at his opponent'. You wouldn't go running to to your friends saying "this is the best angle iv seen in wrestling"</p><p> </p><p>

This is the reason some of the most menacing guys ever always had managers because looks can only take you so far.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="holu10" data-cite="holu10" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52211" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But what if I would like to make a special entrance? There's a difference between Kane just walking down the ramp to his music or Kane going through fire and ignite the ring with fireworks. The fireworks emphasize his evil look.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If he's over enough, then it will get a relatively high rating</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="holu10" data-cite="holu10" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52211" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But what if I would like to make a special entrance? There's a difference between Kane just walking down the ramp to his music or Kane going through fire and ignite the ring with fireworks. The fireworks emphasize his evil look.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> But it doesn't deserve anything over 70 rated, its memorable or an amazing moment. It doesn't compare to Austin meing crusified. Dusty hard times promo, jakes wrestlemania 6 ptomo etc.</p><p> </p><p> Its not like these segments bomb, it's just limits them from being classed as great which is correct in my opinion. </p><p> </p><p> Kane shooting fireworks out of his ass while walking through fire is a 60/100 angle compared to Austin's King of the ring 100/100 speach.</p>

well, that's your opinion. That's why i would let the user decide. The Fiend summerslam entrance has 4.1 million views on youtube and was one of the best segments last year. (in my opinion)

Yes it was. It was still not a legendary segment for the ages.

And neither was Undertaker Entrance #5835, although it was still a epic-as-hell entrance

I think your "gaming" TEW too much if you think that you need to get the maximum rating on just an entrance. 70s for an entrance is great, and with a real star you'd probably get higher then that anyway. Its just an entrance and nothing more. Entrances are not as important as other angles in the big picture of pro wrestling and certainly don't make or break a show. I'd also argue that Shawn Michaels WM12 entrance is the most iconic entrance and even that should be 70s at best.

Same goes for short angles. They do not need to hit the maximum rating. It makes sense for longer angles that can keep fans interested over several minutes to potentially be rated higher then an angle that keeps the fans interest for far shorter. It doesn't mean it always will. The rock will likely score higher in a 5 minute promo then most people can do in a 10 minute angle. The line had to be drawn somewhere and six minutes was chosen which i find reasonable.

Don't think longer angles are more rememberable then short ones. The godfather horsehead-scene is 2-3 mins for example

The Godfather horsehead scene is 2-3 minutes, but it's not pro wrestling.

The most viewed wrestling segment of all time is the Rock's This is Your Life segment and it was 20 minutes long. That's the "most iconic" segment in wrestling history based off of ratings and reception.

Angles can be 2-3 minutes and get great ratings, they're just far less likely to get a 100. If you've got someone with top of the line charisma and a hot angle and they're over as hell and they come out for 3 minutes to talk, they can absolutely knock it out of the park.

The penalties are there to help balance. To help keep there from being a 100-rated angle every week or every angle. It's also why menance and sex appeal were taken down -- because you could have a 6 minute menance angle that would get a fantastic rating despite nothing really happening. That doesn't happen. You can have an entrance that is spectacular, that is impressive, and if the guy is over enough it could get a good rating in TEW -- but it's not going to get a 100 and it shouldn't, an entrance shouldn't get a 100. Even the best entrances in wrestling history in real life wouldn't be a 100.

Again, the penalties (which aren't really actual penalties, it's just a word choice) are there for balancing to help keep things even.

And "this is your life" would tank completly in TEW as you would need a lot of unknown personalitys rated on acting.

The Austin KOTR speech was 2 mins too btw. Austin being crucified was 2-3 mins. Don't think it would've been better, if these angles were longer. They were perfect and short

And "this is your life" would tank completly in TEW as you would need a lot of unknown personalitys rated on acting.

The Austin KOTR speech was 2 mins too btw. Austin being crucified was 2-3 mins. Don't think it would've been better, if these angles were longer. They were perfect and short

I don't disagree that short angles can get over because in reality, the segment wasn't rated on them but rather on The Rock and foley. The other people were just there.

The penalties are not severe enough to tank a segment. Austin could get the same reaction on a 2-3 minute promo in the game if his momentum is high and he was on top of the ball like he was there.

Absolutely no one is disagreeing that short promos aren't effective. But the penalty, which isn't really a penalty, doesn't handicap that. It just means that for the score to be out of this world, the performer themselves also has to be really good -- which is true in actual wrestling.

The game also has to have a something for the system to work, for it to do the math and churn out ratings. If there isn't a "penalty" applied and it was all bonuses, it wouldn't give accurate scores and it would mess up the balance of the game.

The only other way to make promos more true to life is by making all of them a complete diceroll (think bonus/penalty for unscripted, but more extreme), and that certainly wouldn’t go over well.

Every Rock promo didn’t knock it out of the park, but he objectively had high stats. John Cena is an all time talker yet has some of the most nonsensical promos I’ve ever heard. In game there’s really no way to replicate this because it’s purely numbers/text based. With no kind of restrictions it’ll just end up like TEW05 sex appeal angles. The real issue though is that 80-100 rated segments are too easy in general for angles and the length requirement is basically fake difficulty, which is where people get frustrated. A soft cap without hot storylines (like there is for matches in some products) might work better.