[RELEASE] 1996 Alternate History - Wrestling At War

hey kratos,

got a lot going on, barely have time for my WCCW diary. not sure I will be able to get another release out. I'm getting more interested in doing a real world 80's database, maybe 1985 or 1982

For me is a finished at it could be (and much more than I would have done). Very fun and deep.

I would love to see more 80's mods. Do you are thinking about a real mod or a alternative history mod? As much as I love this wrestling era, and as I much I love the game, I think that the territorial era is hard to reproduce and even harder to play.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of my favourite mods hands down, and I'm loving the alternative history. With regards to the USWA, I don't seem to have any of the title histories. Have I made a mistake or is this going to be part of a new update?

Many thanks and awesome stuff with the mod!

Does anyone know why and more importently how to stop it.

when you auto book a show, every 1v1 match is a evening gown match...

:')

Did Idol's answer work? That is really good to know, thanks @Idol!

This is one of my favourite mods hands down, and I'm loving the alternative history. With regards to the USWA, I don't seem to have any of the title histories. Have I made a mistake or is this going to be part of a new update?

Many thanks and awesome stuff with the mod!

Thanks for the comment! Who are you playing with and how far into the game are you? You are correct, no USWA title history in there yet but it is vaguely detailed out in the biographies. Here is the draft, however, of the USWA likely to be canon:

USWA World Title

Dec 1988 Apr 1989 Jerry Lawler

Apr 1989 Apr 1989 Kerry Von Erich

Apr 1989 Oct 89 Jerry Lawler

Oct 89 Nov 89 Chris Adams

Nov 89 Dec 89 Kerry Von Erich

Dec 89 Jan 90 David Von Erich

Jan 90 Feb 90 Kerry Von Erich

Feb 90 Mar 90 David Von Erich

Mar 90 Apr 90 Kerry Von Erich

Apr 90 May 90 Terry Funk

May 90 Jun 90 David Von Erich

Jun 90 Aug 90 Kerry Von Erich

Aug 90 Oct 90 David Von Erich

Oct 90 Mar 91 Kerry Von Erich

Mar 91 Jul 91 Jerry Lawler

Jul 91 Sep 91 Jake Roberts

Sep 91 Nov 91 Honky Tonk Man

Nov 91 Jan 92 Jake Roberts

Jan 92 Jan 92 Kerry Von Erich

Jan 92 FEb 92 Jake Roberts

FEb 92 May 92 Kerry Von Erich

May 92 Sep 92 Jake Roberts

Sep 92 May 93 Jerry LAwler

May 93 Nov 93 Roddy Piper

Nov 93 Dec 93 Jerry LAwler

Dec 93 Dec 93 Yokozuna

Dec 93 Dec 93 Jake Roberts

Dec 93 Dec 93 Yokozuna

Dec 93 Feb 94 Jerry LAwler

Feb 94 May 94 Sid Vicious

May 94 Aug 94 Kerry Von Erich

Aug 94 Dec 94 Sid Vicious

Dec 94 Jan 95 Roddy Piper

Jan 95 Feb 95 Jeff JArrett

Feb 95 Mar 95 Roddy Piper

Mar 95 Apr 95 Sid Vicious

Apr 95 Jul 95 Jerry Lawler

Jul 95 Aug 95 Jeff JArrett

Aug 95 Sep 95 Jake Roberts

Sep 95 Oct 95 Jerry LAwler

Oct 95 Dec 95 Jake Roberts

Dec 95 PResent Roddy Piper

I would love to include in a future update, but there is no timeline yet on when I can return to this. Any additions you would be interested in seeing?

I've been building Heyman's WWF for a while but wanted to try to see if I could run the top five or six companies and wanted to give the USWA a run. That is absolutely fantastic! I love being able to book with the history so that'll be perfect. And honestly I haven't found anything else wrong with it, it's been really enjoyable.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What is it about the update that breaks this and how do you fix it? (sorry I'm out of the loop)

i think the title bugs because scorpio's reign is "illegal" due to it starting in the future since it's set to start in September of 1996 which obviously has not happened yet if the mod starts in january of 96.

another thing i noticed is in godfather's bio(and likely bagwell's too) it's said they beat the pitbulls for the tag titles at some point but there's no history of that in godfather's title history or the tag team title history on the tag title's page in the title's screen.

i love the mod however, i might be starting a WSW dynasty here soon.

• 2 months later...

Hey man! I've been lovin' playing around with this mod for the past week or two, and I'm even planning out a dynasty for it. Love how much effort you put into this! You can tell a lot of love and hard work was put into this project, and thank you for sharing it with us!

I have a canon question. I noticed that there weren't a ton of joshi competitors in at the start of the game, so I imported a few that I'd like to have around. You think there'd be any issues with saying "these wrestlers came from one of the big five promotions" or is it much like real life where men and women are kinda separated into their own promotions?

Hey man! I've been lovin' playing around with this mod for the past week or two, and I'm even planning out a dynasty for it. Love how much effort you put into this! You can tell a lot of love and hard work was put into this project, and thank you for sharing it with us!

I have a canon question. I noticed that there weren't a ton of joshi competitors in at the start of the game, so I imported a few that I'd like to have around. You think there'd be any issues with saying "these wrestlers came from one of the big five promotions" or is it much like real life where men and women are kinda separated into their own promotions?

No problem either way have fun with it and do what you want

How playable is the mod? Worth starting a long-term save with it?

Too bad Mexico and the UK are not covered by the way. What's the ETA for an eventual future update?

Don't forget Oceania and India, while the wrestling scene was virtually non-existant for both, it would be great places to start for the American companies. Besides, in the real world, the WWF made it's first visit to India in 1996.

Those countries are in need to be improved, for a lot of depth, i know it's going to take a lot of work, but it would be great.

Also, before i forget... did you make the WSW logo by yourself, OG?

Those countries are in need to be improved, for a lot of depth, i know it's going to take a lot of work, but it would be great.

Maybe I can help improve those promotions a lot, I really want this mod to improve since it seems this mod has a LOT of untapped potential, it could be one of the best mods in TEW. But it needs some improvement to really fortify that.

Also, I realized that there are some titles that does not have a title lineage. I can help with that if you give me some information about this lore, OG.

Agreed to an extent. One of the greatest.

Agreed as well. The mod has a lot of potential, but it is in the need to be improved.

I got some suggestions besides adding the CMLL, maybe adding a company that resembles the Triple A, but with a different name and maybe with Konnan as the owner instead of Antonio Peña.

How playable is the mod? Worth starting a long-term save with it?

Too bad Mexico and the UK are not covered by the way. What's the ETA for an eventual future update?

Super playable. I've simmed ten years into the future and there is nothing really odd or game breaking about it. The only game breaking aspect of it, I feel, is the inability to stop big promotions from just piling hundreds of millions of dollars, but that's not a problem segmented just with this mod.

Also, thank you for all the kind words. I thought this mod didn't really receive much attention, happy to hear people have enjoyed it, but also sad to hear you all feel it is incomplete without Mexico and Europe.

I have been slowly working on a 1.3 version of this mod. It does not include addition of new areas in the game, but does include:

- Lower abilities of those that are not absolute stars

- Decreased popularity of all workers across the board by 10 points

- Revamp of broadcasters, more accurate reach and popularity for the era, as well as overall decrease.

- Decrease in company starting money (although may be irrelevant)

I've also been spending some time considering a new release in the future when Vince McMahon is released from prison, or maybe a year after. Mainly been working on a timeline, much of which I WISH I could add as future narratives in this mod so the world evolves as canon dictates. However, it does not seem possible to schedule scandals for workers, which is a shame.

There are plenty of avenues to take the story but in regards to Vince I am stuck between having him take over the WWF (leading to Shane and Heyman forming ECW) or start a new company after he cannot regain control. But definitely entering the 2000's it becomes Shane versus his father.

But just to give some perspective, here is my current future timeline:

PzwmhX4.png

Also, thank you for all the kind words. I thought this mod didn't really receive much attention, happy to hear people have enjoyed it, but also sad to hear you all feel it is incomplete without Mexico and Europe.

I was really hoping that you could add at least the CMLL or Promo Azteca as a big foundation before the creation of AAA. There's need for more mexican luchadores in this save, it could be fun trying to play a lucha libre promotion in this alternative universe.

I don't know too much about Europe tho.

There are plenty of avenues to take the story but in regards to Vince I am stuck between having him take over the WWF (leading to Shane and Heyman forming ECW) or start a new company after he cannot regain control. But definitely entering the 2000's it becomes Shane versus his father.

PzwmhX4.png

Vince founding his own company from the ashes of WWF could be a neat idea, maybe as an asset to be his own product that not even his father could ever match. But also Shane McMahon doing team with Paul Heyman sounds absolutely amazing, so you'll probably go with that idea.

I have been slowly working on a 1.3 version of this mod. It does not include addition of new areas in the game, but does include:

- Lower abilities of those that are not absolute stars

- Decreased popularity of all workers across the board by 10 points

- Revamp of broadcasters, more accurate reach and popularity for the era, as well as overall decrease.

- Decrease in company starting money (although may be irrelevant)

I've also been spending some time considering a new release in the future when Vince McMahon is released from prison, or maybe a year after. Mainly been working on a timeline, much of which I WISH I could add as future narratives in this mod so the world evolves as canon dictates. However, it does not seem possible to schedule scandals for workers, which is a shame.

But just to give some perspective, here is my current future timeline:

PzwmhX4.png

I actually like the Shane + Heyman partnership ending up forming ECW. Due to Heyman being in the WWF, there's sense to it.

However, I had a glimpse at the timeline and I think RVD getting fired from WSW simply from using marijuana may be a bit too much... it's the 90s, the wrestlers were into much worse, even in the WSW locker room. I'd suggest the anticipation of his 2006's DUI incident to justify it.

One thing: the pic pack is a bit limited in terms of logos/events/stables. I've recently converted the fed logos to .gif using gazwefc's template for personal use only. If there's interest and approval of making the logo pack public and if there's someone interested in helping me with the rest, I'd be happy. Not sure how to tag gaz himself, tho.

I actually like the Shane + Heyman partnership ending up forming ECW. Due to Heyman being in the WWF, there's sense to it.

However, I had a glimpse at the timeline and I think RVD getting fired from WSW simply from using marijuana may be a bit too much... it's the 90s, the wrestlers were into much worse, even in the WSW locker room. I'd suggest the anticipation of his 2006's DUI incident to justify it.

One thing: the pic pack is a bit limited in terms of logos/events/stables. I've recently converted the fed logos to .gif using gazwefc's template for personal use only. If there's interest and approval of making the logo pack public and if there's someone interested in helping me with the rest, I'd be happy. Not sure how to tag gaz himself, tho.

Only reason I thought WSW might fire immediately is because in this scenario the drug testing is taken much more seriously because of the Vince trial. Essentially the trial helps "clean up" the industry throughout the mid to late 90's (note how every promotion has drug testing policy - essentially a gov't regulation because of this trial) but eventually wrestling slips into it's drug-filled checkered past heading into the late 90's and 2000's.

I would definitely be interested in the gif pack. I've considered converting myself but just don't have the time right now.

• 2 weeks later...