[RELEASE] 1996 Alternate History - Wrestling At War

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DeadCeleb" data-cite="DeadCeleb" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52279" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any idea how deep this is? As in future workers and the like.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it has a ton of future workers but missing a lot from modern era. You'll get guys like cm punk, Samoa Joe, Adam Cole, Tyler black etc but missing some of the newer ppl from the past few years I believe. This mod is really great though, if it's still being worked on it has the potential to be the best alternate history mod imo</p>

• 1 month later...

I wonder what a wish list is for updating this...

I'm very in between pursuing a 2001, post-Vince release from prison update (seems daunting) and an update to the current version.

(1) Mexican territory seems to be a call-out throughout the thread.

(2) More modern day workers for longer plays?

I wish I could schedule scandals in the future, or negative effects on workers. I think this is a huge portion of future state modding that would make significant improvements to long-term plays.

I've completely revamped the broadcasters to lessen their ridiculous viewership long-term. Decreased popularity across the board as well, to lessen viewership and overall popularity scaling too high too quickly. I'm also considering revamping the gimmicks in the database and their assignments to workers.

The difficult thing as well is I am so far gone from having worked on this that it is hard to grasp where I left things exactly.

I wonder what a wish list is for updating this...

I'm very in between pursuing a 2001, post-Vince release from prison update (seems daunting) and an update to the current version.

(1) Mexican territory seems to be a call-out throughout the thread.

(2) More modern day workers for longer plays?

I wish I could schedule scandals in the future, or negative effects on workers. I think this is a huge portion of future state modding that would make significant improvements to long-term plays.

I've completely revamped the broadcasters to lessen their ridiculous viewership long-term. Decreased popularity across the board as well, to lessen viewership and overall popularity scaling too high too quickly. I'm also considering revamping the gimmicks in the database and their assignments to workers.

The difficult thing as well is I am so far gone from having worked on this that it is hard to grasp where I left things exactly.

A 2001 update would very nice, but if you really wanted to introduce more scandals and/or other events, I would say 2003-2005 is a good time period to do an update honestly.

Wow... I've been playing the TEW franchise for over 6 years and I have to say, the story behind this mod is AWESOME.

Your intro slides alone have me VERY excited and I'm looking forward to playing through this. I did notice comments about more modern workers, etc -- given the success of this mod, I'm sure by the time I actually reach a point of needing that you'll have provided something similar!

I recently started rewatching WCW episodes (I started in 1995) -- the purpose of this post is to tell you that the alternative history you've created is absolutely incredible.

One of my favorite mods in past versions of TEW was iDOM -- I can only imagine what a future release of "Wrestling At War" might look like in a 2003 or 2006 universe (a decade later)!

Great work on this, seriously.

Wow... I've been playing the TEW franchise for over 6 years and I have to say, the story behind this mod is AWESOME.

Your intro slides alone have me VERY excited and I'm looking forward to playing through this. I did notice comments about more modern workers, etc -- given the success of this mod, I'm sure by the time I actually reach a point of needing that you'll have provided something similar!

I recently started rewatching WCW episodes (I started in 1995) -- the purpose of this post is to tell you that the alternative history you've created is absolutely incredible.

One of my favorite mods in past versions of TEW was iDOM -- I can only imagine what a future release of "Wrestling At War" might look like in a 2003 or 2006 universe (a decade later)!

Great work on this, seriously.

Thanks for the feedback! I’m super excited to confirm I am actively working on the addition of more modern workers! I think it will add much more depth to longer saves. What company did you opt to play with?

I’ve recently been running back some old 1996 WCW and definitely think it puts you in the mood for this mod! Thank you for the kind words on the alternate history, I hope I can match it one day with a 2001 edition of this mod, or maybe even a modern day…

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on latest progress... we are well on our way towards a soon to be released update featuring the following:

• The addition of 600+ new future wrestlers, including many modern day stars.
  • Rescaled worker skills and popularity to keep show ratings lower and more realistic through early game.
  • The addition of future companies dependent on mandatory owners, such as Vince McMahon's Millenium Sports Entertainment!
  • Completely revamped broadcasters (new current and future networks, better scaled approached to ratings)
  • Adjusted popularity and starting money for the Big Four (to help prevent unrealistic TV ratings and match ratings during the early game)

Excited to share this ASAP!

I haven't read all the posts on this one, but I noticed right off the bat that people were trying to sway you to do it their way. This is YOUR alternate universe. From the lore I did read, it looks amazing. Keep up the good work and do it YOUR way. Don't let people tell you "so & so was a heel at this point and his stats were too high/too low". Alternate means ALTERNATE. Obviously, you have an idea in your head. Going to download tonight and poke around a bit. I will post tomorrow everything you need to change! :rolleyes: LOL, jk. Excited to play this! Like I said, keep it up and keep it YOUR alt-verse.

If you work on a modern day one, that would be awesome too. I have a save where I'm playing as modern day NJPW. I, too, enjoy alternate worlds and don't really book like real life does. I have added women's wrestling to my product and am completely dominating everyone now. Basically I changed from touring to 2 events a month with 2 TV shows. One is for the men and one is for the women. When I started this, I forgot to change the women to their own division. An auto-booked match had female vs. male and it got a 72 rating. So, I've contemplated combining everyone and doing male vs. female matches also.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been doing a few saves on your mod almost all at the same time and I hope that version 1.3 comes out soon so that I can see what has changed since I last installed it. I love the story your mod tells with Vince in jail and the future drug use that comes later in the mod. I plan on playing this mod on youtube as a series with what you have in the upcoming version. I hope you are okay with that.

Quick update on latest progress... we are well on our way towards a soon to be released update featuring the following:

• The addition of 600+ new future wrestlers, including many modern day stars.
  • Rescaled worker skills and popularity to keep show ratings lower and more realistic through early game.
  • The addition of future companies dependent on mandatory owners, such as Vince McMahon's Millenium Sports Entertainment!
  • Completely revamped broadcasters (new current and future networks, better scaled approached to ratings)
  • Adjusted popularity and starting money for the Big Four (to help prevent unrealistic TV ratings and match ratings during the early game)

Excited to share this ASAP!

damn I cant wait

Thanks for the support all. Sorry I have not released anything yet. I've been on vacation the past 5 weeks and had a life event happen recently so this has been on the back burner. Hoping to pick-up a bit and release something before the vacation ends and to get my mind away from other things.

Proud to say I am also including the following changes:

• Set new maturity, decline, relevancy, and retirement ages for majority of workers to prevent companies relying on the same stars for a very long time.
  • Incorporation of Taker4455's Celebrity Expansion Pack!
  • Removal of vast majority of company loyalty's in order to open up more movement of talent between companies.

Hey folks,

Very excited to announce we are very, very close to the release of new Beta version 1.3. Here is another quick summary of all the changes!

• 8+ new future companies with mandatory owners!
  • 839 new workers, a 56% increase from the previous release!
  • 165 new broadcasters, as well as a complete revamp of all existing broadcasters, with scaled adjustments to broadcaster reach and popularity.
  • 1241 new TV shows to balance viewership and competitive on-air!
  • 15 new eras of the professional wrestling industry, including two major industry peaks between 1994 and 2022.
  • 2,408 new free pictures for generated workers!
  • Addition of maturity, decline, retirement and relevancy for all of the world's big names!
  • Adjusted default matches to avoid the AI repeatedly booking stripping matches for world titles!
  • Additional world narratives, including major economic booms and busts!
  • Game world adjustments to help better balance the simulated world.
  • Removal of many worker / company loyalties to allow for more talent movement between companies.
  • Starting money adjustments for all major companies (avoid early financial ballooning.)
  • New custom title belts from Mammoth!
  • Hours of simulation testing to ensure great results!