How has the game changed in the past 5 months? Any major changes?

You could download the latest demo and try it for yourself, I don't mean that to sound in anyway negative, only I don't know the answer to how many people are playing the game.

From a forum perspective it seems a split if you play multiple short term saves the game is very fun, maybe momentum frustrates people but it's hit and miss. Long term gamers seem get more frustrated as worker growth is inflated.

But it depends on what you play I guess

For saves 1-3- years it is fantastic. Past 3 years, companies have way too much cash in the bank and its not as competitive as I would like it. I'm in year 8 of my save.

I would rate it slightly lower compared to 2016.

AI is a lot stronger though and it does make the game interesting. Additionally, I've noticed the computer building new talent.

Very easy to get talent over though

As the others stated, it's good for 2-3 years. Really good, actually. Most of the new mechanics work well and the quality of life changes are definite improvements. If you like to play many short saves, it's great.

Long-term though, it's a bit of a mess. The game is simply not balanced for the long-term save. After a couple of years, half your roster will be 'major stars' pretty much regardless of how you book them due to a combination of easy pop gain and pop caps that have been relaxed almost to the point of non-existence. Skill increases are so fast that everyone reaches their potential within a few years, so the game world is stuffed with super workers pulling 90+ matches with a broomstick. The finances are so out-of-whack that the top companies are making in some cases $30+ million per month and the lower companies never lose money either, so there's no company turnover. There's no point to the money anyway, there's nothing to spend it on. Plus, in the Cornellverse, with WrestleWorld giving all the indies access to TV shows, after a few years, the game world is swimming with Medium sized companies (and upwards).

These long-term issues have been pointed out on the forums ad naseum and they have never been addressed or even acknowledged by Adam or anyone else at GDS. Therefore, we can assume they don't see a problem and consider the game finished. So, it's not viable for a long-term save and probably never will be.

Basically, short-term good, long-term bad. So it really depends what you want out of the game.

I think the game is good, but if you have played the game already and are happy with 2016, stick with 2016.

The game is fun with a lot of good new features and mechanics, but some of the warts are beginning to show. If you play a save for about a year in a big company, you'll most likely have more Major Stars than both Stars and Well Known workers combined, because momentum scales up their perception and is incredibly hard to decay. It's really disheartening how backwards that is, and it is done from just playing the game and not doing anything special.

If you read Adam's stickied post in the Suggestions forum, the game probably won't change much.

I'm glad I asked. I respect all of your opinions as I've seen you all post on the forums many times.

Zero - I so badly wanted to play a long term save like you did in 2016. Been working on one in the game (only at year 4 because life) and didn't want to put in more time if it was worth switching over.

The competitiveness of other companies is intriguing. That's something 2016 is extremely lacking. But long term saves aren't broken. In year 4, I have companies going out of business, falling and rising in size. But, there is nobody trying to steal away my wrestlers (maybe they'll make a couple of bids, but I'll easily outbid them) and the same old wrestlers are pushed by CPU controlled companies.

The new game was suppose to be more of a challenge, but it sounds like the opposite may be true after figuring out the mechanics. All of these things are why I haven't bought the game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zero" data-cite="Zero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52390" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For saves 1-3- years it is fantastic. Past 3 years, companies have way too much cash in the bank and its not as competitive as I would like it. I'm in year 8 of my save.<p> </p><p> I would rate it slightly lower compared to 2016. </p><p> </p><p> AI is a lot stronger though and it does make the game interesting. Additionally, I've noticed the computer building new talent.</p><p> </p><p> Very easy to get talent over though</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Interesting. So just a notch lower than 2016?</p><p> </p><p> I never think about the late game in TEW2016 because it's all about stories for me, but it does seem like the later game in 2016 is also a bit too easy, no?</p>

<p>From a competitiveness view, TEW 20 is much better. You have promotions going after and signing talent, decent turnover on the roster, etc.</p><p> </p><p>

From a world changing view, TEW 16 is better. In TEW 2020, if a promotion survives 2-3 years, it is pretty much in the clear. They will gain a ton of money.</p><p> </p><p>

I would rank TEW 2020 just a notch under TEW 2020. TEW 16 was a 10/10 for me and TEW 2020 is a solid 8.5/10</p><p> </p><p>

My current TEW 2020 game is my favorite game of all time so far.</p>

I can only speak about Real World Mods, specifically RWC December 2020 edition (I have never played the default database, thus I don't know if big companies, star power and broadcasters are "balanced"). I advanced RWC until 2026 but I didn't see any overpowered wrestling world in the future. (I will advance the default database when I have the time).

The Top 10 Stars where:

1- Randy Orton. Av Pop: 91

2- Seth Rollins. Av Pop: 89

3- Roman Reigns. Av Pop: 85

4- Prince Devitt. Av Pop: 84

5- Bray Wyatt. Av Pop: 83

6- Adam Cole. Av Pop: 82

7- Dolph Ziggler. Av Pop: 81

8- Chris Jericho. Av Pop: 81

9- Becky Lynch. Av Pop: 80

10 - Xavier Woods. Av Pop: 80

If there is enough star power, big broadcasters are easy to sign and bookers push their stars towards big popularity; then you're going to get quite popular wrestlers as you would do in real life under those conditions. IMHO if you get too many 100 pop wrestlers, it has more to do with the balance of the database than the game mechanics. Maybe an attribute "Don't push bigger than the business" could prevent bookers create a big bunch of megastars (like the WWE pushes wrestlers nowadays).

Cheers.

As the others stated, it's good for 2-3 years. Really good, actually. Most of the new mechanics work well and the quality of life changes are definite improvements. If you like to play many short saves, it's great.

Long-term though, it's a bit of a mess. The game is simply not balanced for the long-term save. After a couple of years, half your roster will be 'major stars' pretty much regardless of how you book them due to a combination of easy pop gain and pop caps that have been relaxed almost to the point of non-existence. Skill increases are so fast that everyone reaches their potential within a few years, so the game world is stuffed with super workers pulling 90+ matches with a broomstick. The finances are so out-of-whack that the top companies are making in some cases $30+ million per month and the lower companies never lose money either, so there's no company turnover. There's no point to the money anyway, there's nothing to spend it on. Plus, in the Cornellverse, with WrestleWorld giving all the indies access to TV shows, after a few years, the game world is swimming with Medium sized companies (and upwards).

These long-term issues have been pointed out on the forums ad naseum and they have never been addressed or even acknowledged by Adam or anyone else at GDS. Therefore, we can assume they don't see a problem and consider the game finished. So, it's not viable for a long-term save and probably never will be.

Basically, short-term good, long-term bad. So it really depends what you want out of the game.

I doubt I will ever get there myself, but maybe I will. Worst case scenario, I am working on a Tiny company in a touring promotion. If ever I get to that 2-3 mark I could always leave and start a new game and join COTT to place a cap on my own popularity (due to their restrictions on where you can run shows) - or create my own alliance with similar parameters.