[RELEASE] CV97 / Cornellverse 1997 (Updated: 20th Aug 2021)

One more thing Derek, I'm sure you've explained this before in previous TEW versions of this mod but I said I'd ask anyway.

Why is RPW based in the Mid Atlantic? They were supposed to be in the East Coast Wars but because they don't hold shows in Tri-State they aren't involved in the regional battles. Also, I looked at the 2020 default database and RPW is set to be based in the Tri-State and in it's bio states that it is based in Pittsburgh which is in Tri-State.

That was a decision made a while back when battles operated differently and it was absolutely crushing all the companies involved except DAVE every time since they had Nemesis.... he shouldn't even be with DAVE yet, but in order to make sure he goes there other decisions were made so we end up with all this.

It's something I hadn't really thought about again until you mentioned it, with the changes between games it's something that could be changed and would probably be better for the mod, but it would require a bit of work and I'm not planning to do any more releases of CV97 because I'm working on something else.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, SuperFresh said:

Great mod but I noticed Aldous Blackfrair is in the picture folder but he isnt in the worker database, any plans for him to be added soon :) ?

He is listed under his original TEW name, Blackfire, and has an alterego set for Aldous Blackfriar :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Bit of a necro bump.... Posted this on the SWF thread but figured I might get some nice responses here...

Worker Suggestion Request - SWF in Cverse 1997

Was toying with an SWF save in the default data. Looking for some new ideas or evolving gimmicks for a few workers. Was looking for something for John Greed and started to thinking a Far Cry 5 replay and it kinda clicked. A Jacob Seed character. For those unfamiliar, a charismatic southern preacher slash cult leader with sleezy rock star vibes. Leads a stable and brings thru a series of brutes and weirdos. Bits of Raven, Bray (not the swamp wizard part), and even early Marilyn Manson. 

Switched to CV97 but still want to do the SWF. And I feel the character would still work, especially as a long-term rival to Faith. But I don't have a specific worker in mind for it. There are some great options amongst the stablished CV big names but I have plans for most of them (Cornell, Bruce, Gilmore, Money, Morrissette). So I'm looking for suggestions that I may not have considered. 

Preferences: LHW or below with good Star Quality, Charisma, and probably Sex Appeal. They don't need to be great in-ring talents, but that's a nice bonus. I kinda like the thought of them being younger as that gives them room to grow, so probably max of 35 years old. I try to avoid negative personalities (at least the worst of them) and someone who can work heel would be nice. They don't need to be a white American worker, but that probably fits best. I looked at some awesome luchador prospects but high fliers just doesn't seem quite right for the character. And as for pic, I figure I can find a free pic that works so they don't need to have right look. 

Who I'm considering: 

Joey Poison - pretty raw and better as a babyface

Chester Stein - also better as a babyface

Jesse Christian - doesn't seem quite the right fit and better as a babyface

Troy Tornado - a bit raw to start

The Natural - probably the best option at this point

Masked Patriot - better as a babyface and would make a rival to the cult leader

Colin Kennedy - a bit low on entertainment skills

Anyone have any CV97 options I should consider for the character? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Bit of a necro bump.... Posted this on the SWF thread but figured I might get some nice responses here...

Worker Suggestion Request - SWF in Cverse 1997

Was toying with an SWF save in the default data. Looking for some new ideas or evolving gimmicks for a few workers. Was looking for something for John Greed and started to thinking a Far Cry 5 replay and it kinda clicked. A Jacob Seed character. For those unfamiliar, a charismatic southern preacher slash cult leader with sleezy rock star vibes. Leads a stable and brings thru a series of brutes and weirdos. Bits of Raven, Bray (not the swamp wizard part), and even early Marilyn Manson. 

Switched to CV97 but still want to do the SWF. And I feel the character would still work, especially as a long-term rival to Faith. But I don't have a specific worker in mind for it. There are some great options amongst the stablished CV big names but I have plans for most of them (Cornell, Bruce, Gilmore, Money, Morrissette). So I'm looking for suggestions that I may not have considered. 

Preferences: LHW or below with good Star Quality, Charisma, and probably Sex Appeal. They don't need to be great in-ring talents, but that's a nice bonus. I kinda like the thought of them being younger as that gives them room to grow, so probably max of 35 years old. I try to avoid negative personalities (at least the worst of them) and someone who can work heel would be nice. They don't need to be a white American worker, but that probably fits best. I looked at some awesome luchador prospects but high fliers just doesn't seem quite right for the character. And as for pic, I figure I can find a free pic that works so they don't need to have right look. 

Who I'm considering: 

Joey Poison - pretty raw and better as a babyface

Chester Stein - also better as a babyface

Jesse Christian - doesn't seem quite the right fit and better as a babyface

Troy Tornado - a bit raw to start

The Natural - probably the best option at this point

Masked Patriot - better as a babyface and would make a rival to the cult leader

Colin Kennedy - a bit low on entertainment skills

Anyone have any CV97 options I should consider for the character? 

If you're looking for some options outside of that, you could give Jerrod Whitlock a look, he's more of a technical wrestler but he is out of commission with an injury at the start of a save and is lacking a bit in star quality.

You could mold a young Rolling Johnny Stones into the role, he checks all the boxes but he is British.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Would like to try this Mod, seems really fun!

Can anyone tell me something more on how is the long-term playability? I'm talking about 2-3 years from the start, the financial state of the world is pretty realistic? Some companies went bankrupt? Do you find the Mod well-balanced? Thx ;) 

Posted (edited)

I think the mod is really goof

26 minutes ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Would like to try this Mod, seems really fun!

Can anyone tell me something more on how is the long-term playability? I'm talking about 2-3 years from the start, the financial state of the world is pretty realistic? Some companies went bankrupt? Do you find the Mod well-balanced? Thx ;) 

I think the mod is really good, well-balanced and one of the best (if not the best) for long term saves. However you should change the injuries of the mod because they are wrong (serious injuries are too common). 

I have at least two 10+ years saves on this (might be more, not sure) and those are really good. A lot of yet to debut wrestlers for years is dope. Also what I love is that there's so much alts for people. 

Edit: lol not gonna edit but I was about to reply without quoting and typoed the first line of this post. Not gonna fix it, it's all with love ❤️

Edited by Evilman
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2024 at 10:55 AM, Evilman said:

I think the mod is really goof

I think the mod is really good, well-balanced and one of the best (if not the best) for long term saves. However you should change the injuries of the mod because they are wrong (serious injuries are too common). 

I have at least two 10+ years saves on this (might be more, not sure) and those are really good. A lot of yet to debut wrestlers for years is dope. Also what I love is that there's so much alts for people. 

Edit: lol not gonna edit but I was about to reply without quoting and typoed the first line of this post. Not gonna fix it, it's all with love ❤️

Two 10+ year saves is CRAZY! Did you use auto-fill imbalances or turn off picture requirement? Are there any other settings that help have such a long save? Would love a 10 year save!

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, kinqconnor said:

Two 10+ year saves is CRAZY! Did you use auto-fill imbalances or turn off picture requirement? Are there any other settings that help have such a long save? Would love a 10 year save!

Haven't touched any of the autofill things ever. For pictures I have free pic pack from lavelleuk's Cornellverse 2022 mod. 

And yeah, I mostly book one or two shows a month so it really isn't as much as some people book with promotions with tours or tv. :D

Edited by Evilman
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Evilman said:

Haven't touched any of the autofill things ever. For pictures I have free pic pack from lavelleuk's Cornellverse 2022 mod. 

And yeah, I mostly book one or two shows a month so it really isn't as much as some people book with promotions with tours or tv. :D

Sorry if I am being really dense. So would you turn free pic requirement ON. But then it uses the free pictures out of your folder (providing you have imported them into the DB)

On 5/29/2024 at 1:46 PM, kinqconnor said:

Sorry if I am being really dense. So would you turn free pic requirement ON. But then it uses the free pictures out of your folder (providing you have imported them into the DB)

I finally checked my settings. Yes, I have free pic requirement on. In August 2007 the game has 2892 people active and 4224 in total. So it has generated roughly 1000 people with pics attached (everyone has a pic).

• Like 1