[RELEASE] CV97 / Cornellverse 1997 (Updated: 20th Aug 2021)

Naotaka Fujino bio talks about him being youngster even though he's 43. Is he supposed to be a lot younger? He does have good pop and skills though.

ps. Also read my earlier edits from my posts, I'll keep compiling the errors I've found to THIS post so that I won't have to post reply after reply. :p

aJNWkID.jpg

Starting with this faction next week. All I need is a name... Might add Raven Nightfall to the mix if she becomes available. This will be so fun. :cool:

Adam was always a big buffy fan with people like "Lorne" and "Puffy the Sand Iron Player" I would go with the Circle of the Black Thorn the cult that was featured at the end of the Angel series.

Fairly certain some of the tribute events could be looked at from the conversation process. St Andrews and St. David's looked to be held in Mexican areas and not Scotland and Wales respectively. There's always a thousand things to check isn't there? Great job on the vast majority of the mod!

I've gone through everything so far and made changes to the data. The tribute shows one only affected shows that had been set to a specific area in a region.... like Scotland in the British Isles, or Tri-State in the US. Must have been something that got messed up with an early conversion, I think I saw that get fixed in an earlier patch so shouldn't be issues with other datasets getting converted.

Keep the feedback coming, the more I can get the more changes I can make before I dive into games myself. :) And also get back to writing my dynasty, which you may (or may not) have noticed went onto pause while I worked harder on the mod. :)

Also, great to see Danny B Bling do so well in a long term save! Lots of people turn out so differently in the mod compared to the prime timeline, it's great to see it. Is he actually GOOD, or is he just super over in an entertainment based product, cos sometimes that can be enough :p

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!

A couple of things I have done. I changed a few of the 100 percent heel or faces to better as heel or face to open things up for more creativity(I felt handcuffed that I couldn't change Rip Chord face if I wanted:)). I also dropped all current workers popularity by 5 percentage points(a bit of an extra challenge). Finally I gave all yet to debut workers a popularity in their home region of 5-15 to expedite their progression.

You didn't disappoint Derek. The attention to detail is amazing.

<p>Just gonna say that I really enjoy some of the extra lore you've added to the C-Verse. I only started playing with 2020, so I'm not sure how much of this you had in previous versions, but seeing the lore added to the original luchadores that there are so many Jrs for in 2020 is great. Just using Hurican Sandoval as an example, it's interesting to see how much you've come up with.</p><p> </p><p>

Also like some of the characters who I think are completely original, at least I think so. I'm not a C-Verse historian, but I think you came up with the Street family, just as an example, and I like their addition to the history and how they fit in organically.</p><p> </p><p>

The setting for the mod itself is great, but the history you added to the C-Verse might be my favourite part of it. A+</p>

one of the mods we've all been waiting for, has me excited to play again.

Has anybody ever made event graphics for some of the older shows that are missing on this mod as of now?

If you're talking about the HGC shows: they are on the TEWBooru in the rerender thread (under CV97 tag). I urge everyone to check them out and would humbly request Derek to include them, given that HGC doesn't seem to have a banner anymore that comes with the mod? I think the authors wouldn't mind. Same goes for RayW's awesome event pack.

BTW: What about the potential stat? I assume it's been left untouched, but what would you recommend if we want to fiddle with it? I have no clue how it works. If it's like WMMA, it's more of a soft cap you can put for low-skilled workers so they don't turn into supermen. The other way around, you might as well leave it untouched.

jpzuqYd.png

This ended up happening in my first save, a month in.

Oh boy.

About that...

is there a game balance reason for the number of nagging injuries that have recovery time of over a year? I noticed that in the mod in '16, and wound up either changing them or just replacing the injury database with the default, but I always wondered if there was a reason that they were different in this mod.

If you're talking about the HGC shows: they are on the TEWBooru in the rerender thread (under CV97 tag). I urge everyone to check them out and would humbly request Derek to include them, given that HGC doesn't seem to have a banner anymore that comes with the mod? I think the authors wouldn't mind. Same goes for RayW's awesome event pack.

BTW: What about the potential stat? I assume it's been left untouched, but what would you recommend if we want to fiddle with it? I have no clue how it works. If it's like WMMA, it's more of a soft cap you can put for low-skilled workers so they don't turn into supermen. The other way around, you might as well leave it untouched.

no more so the DAVE events, i searched all my folders and even TEW 16 and 13 haven't seen anything, maybe nobody created them for the events but i can do them generically for now

Fantastic work Derek!

It's been amazing to track the progress of this data from the beginning to now, and I can finally sink my teeth into it.

Now to point out bio issues i've seen, in NYCW the end of Officer Hardway's bio is just copy pasted from Officer Easyway's bio and Hardway has no ending of his own.

I’m really enjoying this version, particularly given the way the East Coast Wars play out using 2020’s toolkit. I’ve always loved this Mod, but this edition gives a DAVE that actually plays like a hardcore fed that makes heroes out of weaker wrestlers, and booming HGC feels tangibly different as I figure out how to meet the product demands

Add in the fact you can’t just pillage non-player feds anymore—my first hiring attempts as HGC saw Canadian feds lock down Dark Andre and Larry Wood to written—and it’s a whole new strategic puzzle.

Plus, you know, Tyrannosaurus Pex, who feels so much like a Heyman misfire waiting to be rehabilitated that it’s crazy...

What are you looking to achieve? I have preset very few potentials (as always) so some people will become better than they are in the prime timeline, and some people will become worse. For me, that's how the mod is intended to play. :)

About that...

is there a game balance reason for the number of nagging injuries that have recovery time of over a year? I noticed that in the mod in '16, and wound up either changing them or just replacing the injury database with the default, but I always wondered if there was a reason that they were different in this mod.

It's how the injury pack was made, and it makes sense. The default injury pack doesn't have much in the way of nagging injuries and IRL wrestlers get hurt for lengthy periods of time and just don't wrestle as well as we know they can. But by all means, use alternate packs if you don't like it. I like the challenge of having someone around that can't go 100% but isn't hurt enough to be on the shelf. Adds more wrinkles to your booking plans when you have to work around things like that. :)

Would it maybe be worth adding some pre-set chemistry for The Peak Bros. in a future update? It's already established by the time the game starts that they're working together and also lighting up XFW so them not having set chemistry seems a little weird.

I don't preset many chemistries for a reason. And that's to give you some randomness to work with. Tag teams in particular can get around chemistry with enough experience, and teams like the Peak Brothers will get that experience over time so it's not worth setting chemistry for teams like them as they'll negate the negatives longer term anyway, just means they might underperform short term. All a pre-set does is force something to an exact level, which goes against my general principle of creating a mod that will sim differently each time while using history as a base.

EDIT: I'm up to date with all the minor changes that needed to be made, keep the feedback coming :)

What are you looking to achieve? I have preset very few potentials (as always) so some people will become better than they are in the prime timeline, and some people will become worse. For me, that's how the mod is intended to play. :)

It's how the injury pack was made, and it makes sense. The default injury pack doesn't have much in the way of nagging injuries and IRL wrestlers get hurt for lengthy periods of time and just don't wrestle as well as we know they can. But by all means, use alternate packs if you don't like it. I like the challenge of having someone around that can't go 100% but isn't hurt enough to be on the shelf. Adds more wrinkles to your booking plans when you have to work around things like that. :)

I don't preset many chemistries for a reason. And that's to give you some randomness to work with. Tag teams in particular can get around chemistry with enough experience, and teams like the Peak Brothers will get that experience over time so it's not worth setting chemistry for teams like them as they'll negate the negatives longer term anyway, just means they might underperform short term. All a pre-set does is force something to an exact level, which goes against my general principle of creating a mod that will sim differently each time while using history as a base.

EDIT: I'm up to date with all the minor changes that needed to be made, keep the feedback coming :)

Does this mean that the data has been updated in Google Drive to reflect all the changes?