I would like some advice. I would like to turn the default universe into a boxing mod. My thoughts would be to reduce each non boxing stat to very low or zero. I like to do this with WMMA 3. I'm having difficulty trying to determine how I should tweak the fight engine in WMMA 5. What would you recommend? Is there anything that I may be missing?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GiantYankee1" data-cite="GiantYankee1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52477" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would like some advice. I would like to turn the default universe into a boxing mod.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think anything REALLY needs to be tweaked apart from all "kicking" stats and AI tendencies. Use the <strong>mass editor to give every fighter "loves to strike" and mass-remove "loves to roll" and "loves to wrestle" </strong>for the few that have those attributes (as it would conflict). Nobody has any "hates to ..." so you can ignore that. After that takedowns should be extremely rare if they happen at all. Clinching will eventually happen but nothing should come of it if takedown gets nullified. I guess you COULD nullify the rest but it shouldn't really matter. Those "loves to" attributes really work well.</p><p> </p><p> I don't recall whether there's a "never kicks" attribute, but that would be obvious if it's there. Just to be safe, give everyone +100 on the kick defense stat (forgot the name). </p><p> </p><p> Personally I would recommend <strong>increasing everyone's chin by 10</strong> (or 20?) to simulate the big gloves having less KO power.</p><p> </p><p> Would be curious to the result. I've dabbed in simming pure kickboxing but never pure boxing.</p>

I don't think anything REALLY needs to be tweaked apart from all "kicking" stats and AI tendencies. Use the mass editor to give every fighter "loves to strike" and mass-remove "loves to roll" and "loves to wrestle" for the few that have those attributes (as it would conflict). Nobody has any "hates to ..." so you can ignore that. After that takedowns should be extremely rare if they happen at all. Clinching will eventually happen but nothing should come of it if takedown gets nullified. I guess you COULD nullify the rest but it shouldn't really matter. Those "loves to" attributes really work well.

I don't recall whether there's a "never kicks" attribute, but that would be obvious if it's there. Just to be safe, give everyone +100 on the kick defense stat (forgot the name).

Personally I would recommend increasing everyone's chin by 10 (or 20?) to simulate the big gloves having less KO power.

Would be curious to the result. I've dabbed in simming pure kickboxing but never pure boxing.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I will give it a shot.

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately I can't get the fight metrics to resemble a boxing match. There aren't enough punches thrown to feel realistic. I'm seeing 8 round fights with less than 25 punches thrown at times. Two power punches. It was fun giving it a shot.

Increasing the values of the regular punch technique will normally increase the volume as well, but also the effectiveness, which means you might have to increase the defensive stats (footsies, head movement, etc.) as well and basically make the individual differences of the stats less relevant.

If the numbers are bothering you, I suggest you experiment with the round duration. Just look for the "getting tired" lines and finetune the settings until you're satistied with the output numbers, if that's so important.

I hope this helps.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52477" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Increasing the values of the regular punch technique will normally increase the volume as well, but also the effectiveness, which means you might have to increase the defensive stats (footsies, head movement, etc.) as well and basically make the individual differences of the stats less relevant.<p> </p><p> If the numbers are bothering you, I suggest you experiment with the round duration. Just look for the "getting tired" lines and finetune the settings until you're satistied with the output numbers, if that's so important.</p><p> </p><p> I hope this helps.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks BM. Funny thing is I don't know why I care about fight metrics all of a sudden. I rarely "watch" a fight anyway. I appreciate your feedback.</p>