Finishers in real life

One thing I often struggle with, and enjoy figuring out, is what Cverse finishers would be in the real world-- i.e. What the hell is Selina Svelte's 'prawn armlock'? I'm thinking its a Rings of Saturn-esque move but google is no help...

Or I always assume Alicia Strong's 'Strong Arm Tactic' is a Rainmaker but does that sound insane to someone else?

Thought it would be cool to see and hear how others interpret Cverse finishers!

You should download Wrestling Spirit 3. It has a description of everyone's signatures (except for some of the really newer workers).

Here's what it says on the Prawn Lock.

"The trademark finisher of Selina Svelte, it is a version of the Kimura, done while wrapping her legs around the opponent's upper body to create an unbreakable lock."

You should download Wrestling Spirit 3. It has a description of everyone's signatures (except for some of the really newer workers).

"The trademark finisher of Selina Svelte, it is a version of the Kimura, done while wrapping her legs around the opponent's upper body to create an unbreakable lock."

You just blew my mind— I’ve never actually noticed wrestling spirit before! I guess I’ve always got tunnel vision on the forum so I’m going to check it out...

I never knew this. Although I'm wondering if I take a look a this now will it ruin an awful lot of what goes on in my head cannon as far as moves go.

As much as I love the Cornellverse, in my experience it's better to come up with your own finishers. Especially for people like Aaron Andrews. The game takes place in 2020 and he's using a cross body block as a finishers? Wtf. I always change his finish to the Ace Crusher (RKO).

Huggins Kiss I always imagine is a running knee like Nakamura or Daniel Bryan

Bat Wings I imagine as Christopher Daniels's Angel's Wings.

I love researching the moves in Wrestling Spirit. Just recently downloaded the original to find out what a few older moves are for a 1997 game.

Some of them are weird curveballs, sure. These days if I find something I dont like I'm more likely to add a new move (perhaps with a story about learning it) than rewrite canon.

The "Strong Arm Tactic" is what her father used during his career. It's a charging elbow to the face, if I'm not mistaken.

But yeah, I would expect her to apply her own touch, like Charlotte Flair, and use the rolling elbow.

Aren't the moves described in the game now? I always check WreSpi too for immersion, but if would be nice if it was listed in-game.

The "Strong Arm Tactic" is what her father used during his career. It's a charging elbow to the face, if I'm not mistaken.

But yeah, I would expect her to apply her own touch, like Charlotte Flair, and use the rolling elbow.

Aren't the moves described in the game now? I always check WreSpi too for immersion, but if would be nice if it was listed in-game.

Don't think they describe them anywhere. Can't give them a description at least in an actual saved game.

As much as I love the Cornellverse, in my experience it's better to come up with your own finishers. Especially for people like Aaron Andrews. The game takes place in 2020 and he's using a cross body block as a finishers? Wtf. I always change his finish to the Ace Crusher (RKO).

I don't mind people using basic moves as finishers. It's what wrestling is all about. I think of it like The People's Elbow or The Worm from Scotty Too Hotty. I mean honestly Okada's finisher is just a Short-arm lariat. If you didn't see them execute those moves you might think they were boring choices too.

The immersion for me comes in imagining what theatrics they use to make that basic cross body look like a believable finisher.

Also the funniest thing to me is realizing how many of the named finishers are just Super kicks.

Is it really?! It actually makes sense, and I can visualize it... thanks man.

No worries! I looked up a bunch a long time ago and most I stuck with, but I had canoned some. Like Christian Faith’s Leap Of Faith is supposed to be a spectacular turnbuckle splash, but I’ve always pictured it as a top rope splash, or even encore drop.

You mean Madame Bat's finisher? I thought her bio specifically stated it was a submission maneuver.

No, Blackfriar's finish is called the Bat Wings. The canon move is a Cross Rhodes, but I think Angel's Wings is a better fit.

*Edit* I could be wrong about the name of Blackfriar's finisher. I know it has wings in the name and WS says it's a cross Rhodes