‘Cashing in’ gets penalised

I had a one on one as my main event for my PPV and added my heel mitb to enter late in the contest to cash in and win, pinning my challenger to keep my champ strong. However I’ve now been penalised due to the flow of the match being hurt due to little to no involvement?!

Is there any other way to simulate a late cash-in without getting this penalty?

I also advice using an angle. No one likes a match of a minute with the briefcase winner beating down a battered opponent. It's really more of a beatdown segment with selling. Unless it is effectively a match, in which case it's normal and you won't get penalized.

The late entry is for those matches with pre-match beatdowns where they eventually find their way to the ring.

I had a one on one as my main event for my PPV and added my heel mitb to enter late in the contest to cash in and win, pinning my challenger to keep my champ strong. However I’ve now been penalised due to the flow of the match being hurt due to little to no involvement?!

Is there any other way to simulate a late cash-in without getting this penalty?

How I've always seen it in my mind is the late involvement for a cash-in would be like Rollins' cash-in at Wrestlemania. Besides that I see every cash-in as a post-match segment

That’s how I read it too. You’ve got to put them in the match to start though and stipulate them entering late. It’s like giving away the ending if you advertise a three-way, but only two people start the match. I’ve put it in the suggestions thread. Maybe add a ‘joins late’ note. How it is now kills the agent note completely. Why would you ever use it?

I also advice using an angle. No one likes a match of a minute with the briefcase winner beating down a battered opponent. It's really more of a beatdown segment with selling. Unless it is effectively a match, in which case it's normal and you won't get penalized.

The late entry is for those matches with pre-match beatdowns where they eventually find their way to the ring.

Basically when interference happens that results in a match, which is accurate, as in reality, it DOES affect the flow. Of both the match, and the show.

• 3 weeks later...
That’s how I read it too. You’ve got to put them in the match to start though and stipulate them entering late. It’s like giving away the ending if you advertise a three-way, but only two people start the match. I’ve put it in the suggestions thread. Maybe add a ‘joins late’ note. How it is now kills the agent note completely. Why would you ever use it?

It doesn't kill the agent note, it is -- in my opinion -- doing what it is supposed to do from a game mechanic.

Don't be afraid of the penalty. It is there for balance to keep match ratings in check. With the exception of the Seth Rollins match, I can't think of a late-edition cash-in that made the match better (and I can't say the Seth Rollins made the match functionally better, it got a great live reaction, but the actual match wasn't better because of it).

Without there being a penalty, you could, effectively, put a worker with terrible stamina by high stats/high psychology/high overness in a match but have him enter late to get the rub of the match being great (or a worker with poor stats but use it to get him over. So the penalty balances things out and keeps it from being an exploit.

I get being frustrated by it too -- especially if you have two guys who are tearing down the house and could have been a 90 and then it gets worse because of the cash in, but that's also how it works in real life. That's why it's normally used for a heel to cash in, because you can take the penalty as heat like "Oh man, f**k, this guy is going to steal this." -- But WWE also typically uses it as an angle after the match so I second the suggestion of doing it in an angle.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52663" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It doesn't kill the agent note, it is -- in my opinion -- doing what it is supposed to do from a game mechanic.<p> </p><p> Don't be afraid of the penalty. It is there for balance to keep match ratings in check. With the exception of the Seth Rollins match, I can't think of a late-edition cash-in that made the match better (and I can't say the Seth Rollins made the match functionally better, it got a great live reaction, but the actual match wasn't better because of it). </p><p> </p><p> Without there being a penalty, you could, effectively, put a worker with terrible stamina by high stats/high psychology/high overness in a match but have him enter late to get the rub of the match being great (or a worker with poor stats but use it to get him over. So the penalty balances things out and keeps it from being an exploit.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Then there should be an actual ‘cash in’ road agent note that does not affect the match rating, nor give anything to the worker entering late. At the minute, the agent note is literally “here, make your match worse”.</p><p> </p><p> Getting a live reaction IS making the match better. The whole game runs on workers having popularity to drive match ratings rather than predominantly in-ring ability. The match flow may be interrupted (which it mostly never is because people cash in towards the conclusion of a match), but the spectacle is never detracted from by a cash in. Nobody has watched a MITB cash in and thought, that match would be better without the cash in.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52663" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It doesn't kill the agent note, it is -- in my opinion -- doing what it is supposed to do from a game mechanic.<p> </p><p> Don't be afraid of the penalty. It is there for balance to keep match ratings in check. With the exception of the Seth Rollins match, I can't think of a late-edition cash-in that made the match better (and I can't say the Seth Rollins made the match functionally better, it got a great live reaction, but the actual match wasn't better because of it). </p><p> </p><p> Without there being a penalty, you could, effectively, put a worker with terrible stamina by high stats/high psychology/high overness in a match but have him enter late to get the rub of the match being great (or a worker with poor stats but use it to get him over. So the penalty balances things out and keeps it from being an exploit.</p><p> </p><p> I get being frustrated by it too -- especially if you have two guys who are tearing down the house and could have been a 90 and then it gets worse because of the cash in, but that's also how it works in real life. That's why it's normally used for a heel to cash in, because you can take the penalty as heat like "Oh man, f**k, this guy is going to steal this." -- But WWE also typically uses it as an angle after the match so I second the suggestion of doing it in an angle.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I agree. But the problem with penalties / bonuses in the game as they are present in the game is that they are too rigid and there is no ying/yang factor involved. I feel like all road agent notes should have a chance to either give a penalty or bonus depending on product and how the segment is booked. In this case, if I am booking a company that enjoys overbooked matches or whatever, using this note should give me a higher chance of getting a bonus vs a penalty. The opposite should be true if this was a company that hates overbooked matches but there would still be a slim chance that I could get a bonus from it if booked correctly (dice roll that favors a penalty because of the product) this type of gameplay would feel much more rewarding and natural instead of limiting with people booking around penalties…</p>