NYCW King Of New York main event is a non-title battle royal

NYCW held their annual "The King Of New York" show with its battle royal to crown the King Of New York.

The AI instruction for the event is "Main Event is battle royal".

But instead of putting the King Of New York battle royal as the main event, NYCW put the match as the semi-main and held another battle royal as the main event.

I know technically it's working correctly, but I'm sure it's not meant to work that way.

Is there anything you can do to make sure the battle royal that main events the show is the King Of New York title match?

Moved to correct forum.

The order is dependent on the star power of the participants. What you've described is working correctly, and I am happy that it makes logical sense that a company should and would prioritise the more marketable main event in that situation. I have no plans to change it.

Okay, maybe I wasn't clear enough.

My issue is not that the game puts the match with the most star power as the main event. This makes perfect sense.

My issue is that the King Of New York show is supposed to have the "King Of New York" battle royal as the main event (hence the AI instruction for that show), but it doesn't, because it apparently doesn't put the wrestlers with the most star power into that match.

This leads to an issue where the King Of New York battle royal is not the main event - instead it's another battle royal.

This doesn't make sense and is an obvious glitch, which is why I posted this thread in the technical forum.

Okay, maybe I wasn't clear enough.

My issue is not that the game puts the match with the most star power as the main event. This makes perfect sense.

My issue is that the King Of New York show is supposed to have the "King Of New York" battle royal as the main event (hence the AI instruction for that show), but it doesn't, because it apparently doesn't put the wrestlers with the most star power into that match.

This leads to an issue where the King Of New York battle royal is not the main event - instead it's another battle royal.

This doesn't make sense and is an obvious glitch, which is why I posted this thread in the technical forum.

if i understand correctly ... you have to go to the 'King Of New York' event and put the AI instructions to none instead of 'Main Event is Battle Royal'

then make the 'King Of New York' battle royal title considered as achievement and as annual competition and make it being held at your 'King Of New York' event.

Moved to correct forum.

The order is dependent on the star power of the participants. What you've described is working correctly, and I am happy that it makes logical sense that a company should and would prioritise the more marketable main event in that situation. I have no plans to change it.

Adam, this doesn’t make sense, and I think you should realize this, too. I legitimately see no way that you think this is fine. The AI should clearly be putting the title on the line in the main event spot, when having the choice between two battle royals, right?

if i understand correctly ... you have to go to the 'King Of New York' event and put the AI instructions to none instead of 'Main Event is Battle Royal'

then make the 'King Of New York' battle royal title considered as achievement and as annual competition and make it being held at your 'King Of New York' event.

Thanks for pointing this out. That's exactly what I'm going to do, although it doesn't ensure that the King Of New York title match is the main event, does it?

Funnily enough this actually happens with the current implementation

lol I was going to make this exact note.

I think to avoid this in NYCW's situation you just need to remove the "Main Event is a Battle Royal" note for the show.

If the King of New York title is set to be fought for in a battle royal on that show in the titles screen, then the note that the main event must be a battle royal is not needed.