Dominant wrestler won World title at Main event, lost lots of popularity.

Replicated via backup and it seems to happen again.

Booked Braun Strowman, who is on the top of my Who's Hot list, to win the WWE title beating 5 other people in an Elimination Chamber match, with some opponents being much more popular than him.

Instead of gaining popularity he lost, and tons of it.

Is this a bug?

Strowman has been booked very strongly with almost no losses.

<p>Okay, something is definitely wrong with my save.</p><p>

Last month my PPV buyrate was much larger and this month it's been shot to hell even though I haven't lost popularity as a company.</p><p>

Something weird is happening here.</p>

<p>After multiple tests I arrived at the conclusion that the Explosive style is the reason for the popularity losses. As the Elimination Chamber match lasts close to 50 minutes, the game thinks it should penalise the participants that have this skill which makes absolutely no sense.</p><p>

It's an Elimination Chamber or a Royal Rumble. It's meant to last long.</p><p>

Also, I can understand penalising performance but popularity?</p><p>

Who's going to say "Oh, I like Brock Lesnar less because he fought in a Royal Rumble?"</p>

<p>One thing that's important to keep in mind is that the game has no way of knowing what the Elimination Chamber is "supposed" to be. We as viewers of wrestling know what it's meant to be, but the game just knows what we tell it, and what you're telling it here is that a guy who's not really meant to go over 10 minutes should go 50. That penalty makes complete sense.</p><p> </p><p>

Have you tried setting him to limited involvement or entering midway/at the end of the match? The Late Addition note might fix your problem.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dourvas" data-cite="Dourvas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After multiple tests I arrived at the conclusion that the Explosive style is the reason for the popularity losses. As the Elimination Chamber match lasts close to 50 minutes, the game thinks it should penalise the participants that have this skill which makes absolutely no sense.<p> It's an Elimination Chamber or a Royal Rumble. It's meant to last long.</p><p> Also, I can understand penalising performance but popularity?</p><p> Who's going to say "Oh, I like Brock Lesnar less because he fought in a Royal Rumble?"</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He's been totally exposed, that's why. A guy who looks great in sprints and squashes may not have the stamina or psychology to put in a long performance, especially if he's booked to look dominant. Play to his strengths and keep him in short matches. This has actually happened to Braun Strowman in real life too; a couple of years ago he was a beast who destroyed people in short matches and angles. Now, he's exposed and is ice cold.</p>

Limited involvement and Late addition do nothing.

Also, it just doesn't make sense for a wrestler to have, say, 85 performance in the match but then have the game tell you (and not explain why) that said worker lost 5 popularity points worldwide.

If it was just a penalty to performance that would be logical.

Also, how are you supposed to work around this in Rumble matches and Elimination Chamber matches?

Well for one any match where there is somebody set to dominate, the match can't go over 15 minutes without getting penalties no matter what.

And honestly irl I feel like Strowman dominating and winning an Elimination Chamber would lead to the same results that you got. It wouldn't go over very well that's for sure.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dourvas" data-cite="Dourvas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52911" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Limited involvement and Late addition do nothing.<p> Also, it just doesn't make sense for a wrestler to have, say, 85 performance in the match but then have the game tell you (and not explain why) that said worker lost 5 popularity points worldwide.</p><p> If it was just a penalty to performance that would be logical.</p><p> Also, how are you supposed to work around this in Rumble matches and Elimination Chamber matches?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would use the <em>Protect</em> road agent note to mitigate popularity losses (and gains, in fairness). As the Chef says, you're over-exposing him. He's got a style that says he's best in short spurts, not in 50 minute long matches.</p><p> </p><p> I've never had the problem with a battle royal/rumble set up so long as I don't pick someone to be the Ironman of the match.</p>