Death of the Territories Preview

For those interested: I thought it might be time to offer a preview of what is to come in this installment of the [COLOR="Red"][b]Death of the Territories[/b][/COLOR] scenario. For those new to D.O.T.T., this dataset is in homage to the territorial days of professional wrestling - in particular, the 1981-1985 time period. Throughout the life of D.O.T.T., which began as the TEW04: 1983 scenario, I have done my best to pass along my appreciation of the era to those not as familiar with it. And to share that appreciation with those that remember it. In the short time I have worked on this (since TEW04), D.O.T.T. has been ranked by many as some of finest scenario work done in this genre. I'm not quite sure I agree with that (of course I do, heh), but I've always tried to put out the best work possible. I welcome you to give the scenario an opportunity upon release. To those returning: Welcome back! :) I'm confident this latest set will hold up to the rather high praise we have received in the past for this silly little hobby. Upon release, I do hope you agree. ------------- Here's what we've got so far: [B][COLOR=Blue]Scenario Details[/COLOR][/B]: [u][b]Starting Date[/b]:[/u] May, 1983 [b][u]Workers[/u]:[/b] 1038 [b][u]Moves[/u]:[/b] 1908 [b][u]Movesets[/u]:[/b] 622 [b][u]Tag Teams[/u]:[/b] 454 [b][u]Promotion Pacts[/u]:[/b] 116 [u][b]Worker Relationships[/u]:[/b] 1062 [b][u]Titles[/u]:[/b] 109 [b][u]Events[/u]:[/b] 227 [b][u]TV Shows[/u]:[/b] 25 [b][u]Promotions[/u][/b]: 29 [b][u][color=Blue]U.S.[/color][/u][/b]: [b]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/b] (Cult/Traditional/Mid-Atlantic), [b]World Wrestling Federation[/b] (Cult/Sports Entertainment/Tri State), [b]American Wrestling Association[/b] (Cult/Traditional/Mid West), [b]Georgia Championship Wrestling[/b] (Cult/Traditional/South East), [b]World Class Championship Wrestling[/b] (Regional/Traditional/Mid South), [b]Mid-South Wrestling[/b] (Regional/Traditional/Mid South), [b]Championship Wrestling from Florida[/b] (Regional/Sports Entertainment/South East), [b]Central States[/b] (Regional/Traditional/Mid West), [b]World Wrestling Council[/b] (Regional/Hardcore/Puerto Rico), [b]Championship Wrestling Association[/b] (Regional/Sports Entertainment/South East), [b]Pacific Northwest[/b] (Small/Cutting Edge/North West), [b]Houston Championship Wrestling[/b] (Small/Traditional/Mid South), [b]Southwest Championship Wrestling[/b] (Small/Hardcore/Mid South), [b]Southeastern Championship Wrestling[/b] (Small/Traditional/South East), [b]Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling[/b] (Small/Women’s T&A/South West), [b]Polynesian Pro Wrestling[/b] (Local/Family Friendly/South West) [b][u][color=Red]Canada[/color][/b][/u]: [b]Maple Leaf Promotions[/b] (Regional/Traditional/Ontario), [b]Calgary Stampede[/b] (Regional/Hybrid/The Prairies), [b]International Wrestling Montreal[/b] (Regional/Traditional/Quebec), [b]Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling[/b] (Smal/Traditional: Seasonal/The Maritimes), [b]All-Star Wrestling[/b] (Small/Sports Entertainment/British Columbia) [b][u][color=Green]Mexico[/color][/u][/b]: [b]Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre[/b] (Cult/Lucha Traditional/Northern Mexico), [b]Universal Wrestling Association[/b] (Small/Lucha Entertainment/West Central Mexico) [b][u][color=Blue]U.K.[/color][/u][/b]: [b]Joint Promotions[/b] (Regional/Traditional/South U.K.), [b]All Star Wrestling[/b] (Small/Hybrid/Midlands) [b][u][color=Red]Japan[/color][/u][/b]: [b]New Japan Pro Wrestling[/b] (Cult/Traditional/Kanto), [b]All-Japan Pro Wrestling[/b] (Cult/Pure/Kanto), [b]All Japan Women’s Pro Wrestling[/b] (Small/Women’s Competitive/Kanto), [B]Universal Pro-Wrestling Federation[/B] (Small/Pure/Kanto) ------------------- Pro League Random Run-Through*: [U]Division I[/U]: Abdullah the Butcher Andre the Giant Antonio Inoki Big Daddy Blue Demon David Von Erich Giant Baba Hulk Hogan Jumbo Tsuruta Junkyard Dog Mad Dog Vachon Mil Mascaras Otto Wanz Ric Flair Riki Chosyu Stan Hansen The Sensational Super Destroyer The Sheik of Araby Tiger Mask Victor Jovica [u]Division II[/u]: Blackjack Mulligan Bruiser Brody Bruno Sammartino Carlos Colon Dick the Bruiser Dusty Rhodes El Solitario Hercules Ayala Jimmy Snuka Johnny Saint Jos Leduc Killer Khan Leo Burke Nick Bockwinkel Pedro Morales Ray Stevens Seiji Sakaguchi Tatsumi Fujinami Terry Funk The Crusher [U]Division III[/U]: Bob Backlund Bobo Brazil Buddy Rose Dino Bravo Dory Funk Jr. Dos Caras Dr. Wagner Dutch Savage Giant Haystacks Gino Brito Harley Race Huracan Ramirez Jackie Palo Kerry Von Erich Kintaro Oki Masa Saito Mr. Wrestling II Ole Anderson Ricky Steamboat Superstar Billy Graham [U]Division IV[/U]: Baron Von Raschke Billy Jack Haynes Butch Reed Butcher Vachon Canek Don Muraco El Satanico Eric the Red Jerry Brisco Jerry Blackwell Kevin Sullivan Pat Patterson Rick Martel Roddy Piper Ted DiBiase Terry Gordy The Invader The Original Kendo Nagasaki Tommy Rich Umanosuke Ueda * Keep in mind that each playing results in different wrestlers appearing. Kayfabe Sells, Daddy!! :)

As Phil said, each playing will result in new workers added to the mix; in particular, the lower divisions. Dynamite often gets in the Pro League. The 17 year old Brookside? Not as such. :) DOTT: Legends will have Robbie up there more often than not, as it represents his 'prime' stats. Which is good; it allows Rocco more shots to prove to the world who is better. ;)

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost] Dynamite often gets in the Pro League. The 17 year old Brookside? Not as such. :) [/QUOTE] :mad: [QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost] DOTT: Legends will have Robbie up there more often than not, as it represents his 'prime' stats. Which is good; it allows Rocco more shots to prove to the world who is better. ;)[/QUOTE] :D :D :D Can't wait! :)

Thanks for that, Beeker. I mixed up Calgary & All Star when writing that up, but it's correct in the scenario! :) And for those interested: I figure that D.O.T.T. should be released right around the time Adam releases the retail version. Hopefully it will inspire more people to purchase it. DOTT: Legends will be after that sometime. Danke.

Excluding last years Wrestling Spirit move pics, which I happen to like better than the new poser pics, and the twenty or so pics Rick Arnold has sent my way, I've cut about 350 move pictures so far. Many of them are of the era - though there are also a lot of modern lucha and puro moves I've thrown in that are pictured.

Hopefully I can get a generous graphics person to lend their skill on backgrounds, heh. Because of the new format, TEW05: DOTT backgrounds are unusable without heavy modification. The graphics utility I use, Macromedia Fireworks, is a great art program, but it can not overcompensate for crappy skills. :) Anyway... For those interested enough to follow the progress, I've added in Universal Pro-Wrestling Federation as the third men's promotion in Japan. Instead of forcing the Japanese rookie-to-bes to work overseas to gain experience, I felt it wiser to add in a small promotion to fill that need. The UWF didn't actually start until 1984, but the scenario is a composite; no harm, no foul.

Archived