Opinion and a question

I have to say, I thought the World League idea would tank. I mean..come on, wrestling as a legit sport? Never happen. Lo and behold, it may be the best part of the game. I implore those of you who have not tried it yet to do so. You may end up like me; pleasantly surprised. A question though... As T-Rex, I did the Power Taunt move. I was way down in momentum and had managed to string a few moves together. I did the taunt, and the pop-up screen for the move said there would be no momentum change. However, there was a big momentum swing, as I took the upper hand and never relinquished it. Is this working as intended, or did I just miss something? Thanks, and great job Adam.

[QUOTE=Trashbear]I have to say, I thought the World League idea would tank. I mean..come on, wrestling as a legit sport? Never happen. Lo and behold, it may be the best part of the game. I implore those of you who have not tried it yet to do so. You may end up like me; pleasantly surprised. [/QUOTE] Ya know, I like that opinion. I wish many share it. League Mode is a test balloon to see if people are ready to accept the concept. Wrestling As A Real Sport is a VERY expandable concept, and the theory for that extension already exists. As far as your question is concerned, you mention a momentum swing happening after being told there would be none...did the Momentum bar actually grow after the Power Taunt or did it stay the same and was THEN inflated by the moves you were able to do? Because it's possible you could pull out the taunt without getting the wanted effect, but still go on offense and get Momentum because of that.

The momentum increase was immediate. I was watching the bar because I thought that if taunt moves didn't raise your momentum...well, what would be the point of having them? Sure enough, the meter shot up by what looked to be about fifty percent. Not complaining by an stretch, just making sure everything is running as it should be.

Ah... the differences in the generation gap. :) Before the dogs of revisionism, the willing suspension of disbelief that most wrestling fans adhered to makes the shoot world of WreSpi entirely plausible - in my opinion. Had kayfabe maintained itself (and had whatever promoters left been willing to work together - heh), League-type of formats would probably have developed over time. It's a very logical progression to me. And a lot of fun!

Archived