WWF 1991: I Still Don't Have A Catchy Name

I honestly completely forgot about me picking Norton to eventually win the IC title, but man, I popped! I am so damn pumped you decided to continue this. One of my favorite diaries of all time. Survivor Series was stellar all around.

I am so thrilled to see where this goes from here.

Thanks a ton, Jaysin! I really appreciate the compliments! And honestly, it's a thrill to hear that someone is looking forward to reading something that I wrote!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champions as of December 2nd, 1991

WWF World Heavyweight Championship

P7QmUtZ.jpg

LRnIteg.jpg

"Macho King" Randy Savage

Previous Champions:

1.) Ultimate Warrior - Lost to Randy Savage at Wrestlemania 7 on March 31st, 1991

WWF Intercontinental Championship

O4qAYjf.jpg

je6k2vL.jpg

Dmitri

Previous Champions:

4.) Sgt. Slaughter - Lost to Dmitri at WWF Survivor Series on November 24th, 1991

3.) Nikita Koloff - Lost to Sgt. Slaughter at Saturday Night's Main Event: Vengeance on October 26th, 1991

2.) Big Boss Man - Lost to Nikita Koloff at Saturday Night's Main Event: Roadblock on July 27th, 1991

1.) Mr. Perfect - Lost to Big Boss Man at Wrestlemania 7 on March 31st, 1991

WWF World Tag Team Championship

WXRj36D.jpg

YzftxzZ.jpgABfmL4J.jpg

Money Inc.

Previous Champions:

7.) The Bushwhackers - Lost to Money Inc. on the October 7th, 1991 episode of WWF Prime Time Wrestling

6.) The Legion of Doom - Lost to The Conquistadors (Bushwhackers in disguise) at Saturday Night's Main Event: Backlash on September 28th, 1991

5.) The Natural Disasters - Lost to The Legion of Doom on the September 9th, 1991 episode of WWF Prime Time Wrestling

4.) The Legion of Doom - Lost to The Natural Disasters on the September 2nd, 1991 episode of WWF Prime Time Wrestling

3.) Ted DiBiase & Sid - Lost to Legion of Doom at Summerslam on August 25th, 1991

2.) Vacant - Ted DiBase and Sid defeated The New Foundation at Saturday Night's Main Event: Wrestlemania Revenge on April 27th, 1991 for the vacant titles

1.) The Hart Foundation - Vacated after Bret Hart forfeited titles to enter singles competition following a successful defense at Wrestlemania 7 on March 31st, 1991

WWF Television Championship

VUTmktJ.jpg

ZDoFZRZ.jpg

Michael Hayes

Previous Champions:

8.) Vacant - Michael Hayes defeated Buddy Landel for the vacant title on the October 2nd, 1991 episode of WWF Wrestling Challenge

7.) Ric Flair - Vacated title voluntarily on the September 27th episode of WWF Superstars

6.) Buddy Landel - Lost to Ric Flair on the September 16th episode of WWF Prime Time Wrestling

5.) Crush - Lost to Buddy Landel on the August 14th, 1991 episode of WWF Wrestling Challenge

4.) Buddy Landel - Lost to Crush on the July 31st, 1991 episode of WWF Wrestling Challenge

3.) Bob Backlund - Lost to Buddy Landel on the July 24th, 1991 episode of WWF Wrestling Challenge

2.) Buddy Landel - Lost to Bob Backlund on the July 12th, 1991 episode of WWF Superstars

1.) Dino Bravo - Lost to Buddy Landel on the April 24th, 1991 episode of WWF Wrestling Challenge

WWF Women's Championship

YbVTG3A.jpg

u9i2djN.jpg

Madusa

Previous Champions:

1.) Rockin' Robin - Lost to Madusa at Saturday Night's Main Event: Vengeance on October 26th, 1991.

WWF 1991 Royal Rumble Winner

GYNvYey.jpg

0YsDiyO.jpg

The Undertaker

**Last eliminated Ricky Steamboat to win Royal Rumble match on January 27th, 1991**

WWF King of the Ring 1991

mz4n2Xz.jpg

uVUAye4.jpg

Bret Hart

**Defeated Ricky Steamboat in tournament finals at King of the Ring on June 30th, 1991**

<hr></hr>

Roster as of December 2nd, 1991"Jobbers" Not Listed

Faces in Blue and Heels in Red

Major Stars

Big Boss Man

Bret Hart

Hulk Hogan

Jake Roberts

Jim Neidhart

Mr. Perfect

Nikita Koloff

Randy Savage

Roddy Piper

Sgt. Slaughter

Sting

The Ultimate Warrior

Earthquake

Larry Zbyszko

Ric Flair

Rick Rude

Shawn Michaels

Sid

Terry Funk

The Dragon

The Million Dollar Man

The Undertaker

Vader

<hr></hr>

Stars

Bam Bam Bigelow

Haku

Hawk

Owen Hart

The Barbarian

The Texas Tornado

Brian Pillman

Kevin Sullivan

Paul Orndorff

Rick Martel

Smash

<hr></hr>

Well Known

Animal

Crush

Dino Bravo

Michael Hayes

Ricky Morton

Robert Gibson

Steve Williams

Terry Gordy

The British Bulldog

Tito Santana

Brian Knobbs

Buddy Landel

Dmitri

Greg Valentine

Hercules

Irwin R. Schyster

Jerry Sags

The Mountie

The Warlord

Typhoon

<hr></hr>

Recognizable

Al Snow

Atsushi Onita

Kevin Von Erich

Koko B. Ware

Shane Douglas

Steve Armstrong

The Lumberjack

Tom Zenk

Tracy Smothers

Cpl. Bruce

Dave Finlay

Dave Taylor

Doug Furnas

Lt. Wright

Phil Lafon

Skinner

Steven Dunn

The Berzerker

Timothy Well

<hr></hr>

Women's Division

Debbie Malenko

Jaguar Yokota

Madusa

Rockin Robin

Bull Nakano

Candi Devine

Lioness Asuka

Reggie Bennett

The Ripper

<hr></hr>

Unimportant

Tatanka

Placeholder

<hr></hr>

Managers - clients in parentheses

Jimmy Hart (Nasty Boys, The Mountie, Honky Tonk Man & Natural Disasters)

Paul Bearer (Undertaker, Hercules, Smash & Kevin Sullivan)

Paul Ellering (Legion of Doom)

Slick (Warlord & The Berzerker)

The Fabulous Moolah (Bull Nakano and The Ripper)

The Genius (Dave Taylor)

<hr></hr>

Announcers

Bobby Heenan

Gene Okerlund

Gorilla Monsoon

Jim Cornette

Missy Hyatt

Vince McMahon

<hr></hr>

Referees

Earl Hebner

Joey Morella

Tim White

Danny Davis

Mark Curtis

Shane Stevens

Jim Korderas

<hr></hr>

Road Agents

Pat Patterson

Rene Goulet

Tony Garea

WWF TV for Week 1, December 1991

Backstage before the show:

- I cut a lot of dead weight from my roster to start December. The list of workers who I released is as follows:

The Honky Tonk Man

Paul Roma

Kato

Jim Powers

Chris Adams

Buddy Rose

B. Brian Blair

Virgil

Jimmy Snuka

Bob Backlund

Tony Atlas

Nikolai Volkoff

Lord Alfred Hayes

The Brooklyn Brawler

- Ric Flair has taken Tatanka under his wing as a protege. This could work out nicely considering my plans for Tatanka.

MgxdScW.png

Monday, December 2nd, 1991

Augusta-Richmond Civic Center in Augusta, GA

9,167 in attendance - SOLD OUT!

TV Rating: 2.15

<hr>

UEr9TJE.jpgWikFKEQ.jpg

Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan open the show by discussing the Flair/Savage situation from Survivor Series, with Heenan practically in tears of joy at Flair's "genius plan."

CIBDAdH.jpgLRnIteg.jpg

They then announce that with Savage giving in to Flair's plan, their World Wrestling Federation Championship match has now been officially signed for Saturday Night's Main Event: Fade To Black later this month. They end the segment by announcing tonight's main event, The Natural Disasters taking on The Rock n Roll Express.

5sPZVNC.jpgl2hjyvD.jpgx6U7M5r.jpg

UfjW8rq.jpgru6Cbkn.jpg

cRQ0UaZ.jpg

<hr>

ekU4iFu.jpgxblkqeI.pngBklIYHn.jpg

The Lumberjack defeated Simon Kenney in 4:31 with a Northern Exposure.

EhT9jJ8.jpg

<hr>

EEITnCX.jpgje6k2vL.jpg

"Mean" Gene Okerlund interviews Dmitri backstage next.

Okerlund: Just what was the meaning of what happened at Survivor Series between you and Nikita Koloff, Dmitri? Why did you turn on your comrade?

Dmitri: You know something, Okerlund? You're as dumb as Koloff. I'm no Russian! My name is Scott Norton. Otherwise known as "The Minnesota Wrecking Machine"!

Okerlund: Minnesota!?

Norton: That's right! I just used that moron Koloff to get my foot in the door here in the World Wrestling Federation. And I'll tell you something else. This Intercontinental Championship is just a stepping stone on my way to the big gold. The World Wrestling Federation Championship!

Okerlund: I believe Nikita Koloff and Sgt. Slaughter may have a thing or two in store for you first. And what about the Big Boss Man? You can be sure he hasn't forgotten what you did to him before Survivor Series when you broke his arm in that car door.

Norton: After what I did to Slaughter and Koloff, if Boss Man ever does come back, he'll know better than to even glance in my direction.

Okerlund: Only time will tell, I suppose, but I wouldn't count on Boss Man backing down from a fight. Back to you, Gorilla.

gZdyvUM.jpg

<hr>

CwpYqt7.jpgxblkqeI.pngBklIYHn.jpg

The Berzerker beat Duane Gill in 4:46 with a Powerslam.

Likd6rC.jpg

<hr>

6uWqSI4.jpg

uiRsVG0.jpg

Jake "The Snake" Roberts with a pre-recorded promo and a challenge for Vader.

Roberts: It's tiiime, Vader! As a matter of fact, it's waaaay past time, for you to get what you deserve for what you did to my Damien. So let's settle this at Saturday Night's Main Event, big man. Because I'm tired of playing games. In fact, I'm so tired of games, that I'm willing to leave Lucifer at home for this one if that's what it takes to get you to sign on. Because it's obvious after Survivor Series that you're terrified of him. And who can blame you? Everybody's afraid of snakes. The only question, Vader, is are you afraid of "The Snake"? You should be! Trust me!

LZNzzLY.jpg

<hr>

PoQgUmh.jpgw/x6U7M5r.jpgxblkqeI.pngwlVAmeH.jpg

The Mountie defeated Tom Zenk by submission with a Boston Crab in 9:48.

foMLTc8.jpg

<hr>

QvZ2FVS.jpgyFNFuyg.jpg

Y0aBEZC.jpg

A furious Mr. Perfect pulls no punches as he addresses Paul Orndorff's continued bullying/stalking of Larry Hennig.

Perfect: I don't have anything clever to say here, Orndorff. As a matter of fact, I'm done talking period! Commissioner Graham has granted my request to face you one on one at Saturday Night's Main Event, and I'm putting you out of mine and my father's misery once and for all!

iGeppy7.jpg

<hr>

RrhIPtQ.jpgxblkqeI.pngBklIYHn.jpg

Dino Bravo defeated Rick Fuller by pinfall in 5:29 with a Belly To Back Suplex.

NN8HExg.jpg

<hr>

6c5ITBO.jpg

Roddy Piper taunts Shawn Michaels.

rxjx1Pb.jpgygf9Rna.jpg

Piper: Well, well, well! I must be the scariest "senior citizen", as you called me a few weeks back, to have ever lived, huh, Shawn Michaels? I mean, just go back and watch the footage from Survivor Series. HAHA! Take a gander at it yourself from an outside perspective, Shawn. YOU NEARLY CAME OUT OF YOUR BOOTS, at the mere sight of me just stiiiirrin' a bit on the mat. And poor Brian Pillman. That's what you get for being friends with a selfish kid like Shawn Michaels, Brian. You get left behind. And that's all you are, ain't it, Shawn, a kid? I mean it's right there in your name, "The Heartbreak Kid"! Well, old "Hot Rod", get it? Old? Well, old "Hot Rod" NEVER leaves his friends behind. NO SIR! HAHA! But I tell you what I will leave behind, Shawn Michaels, if you keep messin' with me! YOUR BEATEN, BROKEN, AND BLOODIED BODY IN A HEAP ON THE MAT! YOU GOT THAT, JACK!!??

o8KQ9xw.jpg

<hr>

R0yFnRS.jpg0YsDiyO.jpgnTlfzjF.jpg4gr1auE.jpgO5CcA1R.jpg

Paul Bearer and the Army of Darkness officially introduce Cactus Jack as their newest member and Bearer talks up the "resounding victory" they achieved at Survivor Series.

ALhCJvu.jpg

He calls Warrior's pinfall elimination of The Undertaker a fluke since it took three Warrior Splashes to keep Undertaker down and he still kicked out just after the three count.

LrRaKZ7.jpg

Cactus Jack ends the segment though with some words for Sting.

Cactus Jack: It's me, Sting! IT'S CACTUS JACK! You haven't forgotten, have you? You haven't forgotten that Cactus Jack made you a promise when we were down south, have you, Sting? I promised that come hell or high water, I would put an end to the man called Sting. My miserable brain may be miserable but it hasn't forgotten. And Cactus Jack always keeps his promises, Sting! And to anyone else who's listening, heed this warning. Anyone standing between me and Sting, WON'T BE STANDING FOR VERY LONG! BANG BANG!!

9tEoCVn.jpg

<hr>

U8K34ai.jpgxblkqeI.pngBklIYHn.jpg

Crush defeated The Equalizer by pinfall with a Tour of the Islands in 4:38.

3Ln94VI.jpg

<hr>

rn73XZ4.jpg

In a pre-recorded promo, Hulk Hogan says he's glad to finally close the book on the "nightmare fairy tale" that was his story with the Dragon because it's time to focus on getting back the WWF championship. The Dragon responds.

m42sSZt.jpg

The Dragon: Our story is FAR from its epilogue and I will never rest, until I put an end to the hypocritical career of one Hulk Hogan!

jTZYxxU.jpg

<hr>

UfjW8rq.jpgru6Cbkn.jpgxblkqeI.png5sPZVNC.jpgl2hjyvD.jpgw/x6U7M5r.jpg

The Natural Disasters defeated The Rock n Roll Express in 10:08 when Earthquake pinned Robert Gibson following interference from Jimmy Hart.

CEKZoc0.jpg

<hr>

Show Rating:

WA0kRGE.jpg

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- I'll be using the generic "Jobber" pic as used in this show for all straight-up jobber matches moving forward. The only exceptions will be for workers who are jobbers now but may not be at some point in the future. Mike Alfonso (Awesome) and Scott Taylor (Too Hotty) for example.

Top 5 in-ring performances of the night:

Ricky Morton - 82

Earthquake - 78

Robert Gibson - 75

The Mountie - 69

Typhoon - 69

The Next Day:

- Animal tested positive for Hard Drugs again and threw a fit when I suspended him. So, I decided to just go ahead and fire him. Ellering was furious as well and since he'd already been written off tv for the time being after the attack by Sid at SNME: Vengeance, and since he's pretty much pointless to keep around with LOD now split, I decided to just release him too. It's just been one thing after another with Hawk or Animal since I started this save and I'm fed up making plans around guys I can't count on.

- The Lumberjack tested positive for Hard Drugs, so he's down to his final strike before suspension or rehab. I fined him and he was very unhappy.

- Jake Roberts also tested positive for Hard Drugs and is down to his last strike before suspension or rehab. A fine for Roberts lead to him being very unhappy. His sister Rockin' Robin was also very unhappy. The Ultimate Warrior though, who can't stand Jake, was thrilled.

- The British Bulldog got his first and second strikes for Hard Drugs as well and is also out of chances to avoid suspension or rehab. I fined him and he was very unhappy and it had a small negative impact on him. Bret and Owen were also very unhappy. The Mountie, as usual when the Bulldog screws up, was ecstatic.

- That leaves the following workers only one positive Hard Drugs test away from suspension or rehab:

1.) Shawn Michaels

2.) Sid

3.) Rick Rude

4.) Bam Bam Bigelow

5.) The British Bulldog

6.) Jake Roberts

7.) The Lumberjack

- Sting thinks Rick Fuller is turning into a worker who's worth getting behind. The Dragon agrees.

9M5qIA5.jpg

- Roddy Piper came to me before the show and told me he thought Owen Hart had a bright future and he'd be willing to put him over in the next 5 months. That'd be great if I didn't have plans locked in for both for nearly 5 months already.

iPRm8Rr.png

Wednesday, December 4th, 1991

Georgia Mountain Center in Gainesville, GA

2,341 in attendance

TV Rating: 0.23

Angle: Recap of Prime Time with McMahon and Heenan.

Rating: 100

Can-Am Express defeated Mike Barton and Hector Guerrero in 6:21 when Phil LaFon pinned Guerrero with a Tiger Driver.

Rating: 55

Angle: With Bull Nakano's title shot against Madusa secured after Nakano and Ripper won at Survivor Series, The Fabulous Moolah issues a short but ominous warning to Madusa. "Prepare for pain!"

Rating: 90

Terry Funk defeated Scott Taylor in 6:01 by submission with a Spinning Toe Hold.

Rating: 72

Angle: Buddy Landel begs Commissioner Graham for "just one more shot" at the Television title. Graham emerges and tells him that that time has passed and he should focus his efforts elsewhere. Like his match with Bam Bam Bigelow. Right now!

Rating: 79

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Buddy Landel in 16:22 by pinfall with a Diving Headbutt.

<hr>

Show Rating: 80

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- Terry Funk and Scott Taylor have no chemistry as opponents.

- I'll no longer be doing a top 5 in-ring performances list for the "B" shows. There's rarely a decent performance anyway considering the format of the show.

The Next Day:

- NJPW signed a TV deal with Empire Sports Network, which has tiny coverage in the Tri-State area. Interesting!

- NJPW also broke off their talent trading agreement with CWA and signed an excursion partnership with WWA Mexico.

- My developmental company, Championship Wrestling from Boston, went to war with UWF and adopted a "friendly attitude" toward Windy City Pro Wrestling.

9M5qIA5.jpg

- Terry Funk gave Kevin Von Erich a good talking to about being a whiny baby and Von Erich's behavior improved a bit.

uWBcsXQ.png

Friday, December 6th, 1991

Cobb County Civic Center in Marietta, GA

2,500 in attendance - SOLD OUT!

TV Rating: 0.14

The Nasty Boys defeated Brickhouse Brown and David Walby in 5:43 when Brian Knobbs pinned Walby with a Trip to Nastyville.

Rating: 46

Al Snow defeated Greg Valentine in 6:32 by pinfall with a fast roll-up.

Rating: 48

Angle: Ahead of their bout for the TV title in tonight's main event, Michael P.S. Hayes and Skinner share their thoughts.

Skinner: Guess what, Michael Hayes. It's huntin' season and I've only got a permit to bag me one hide. I could take yours, but I think I'll just take that fine piece of leather that's already finished and wrapped around your waist. That television title gon' belong to me after tonight! Hahahahahah!

Hayes: Ya know, I use to go hunting every weekend with my granddaddy, Skinner. Every single weekend. But in all them trips, I never saw an animal half as ugly as you! And when I'm done strollin' down bad street out there tonight, you're gonna be even uglier and I'll still gonna be the World Wrestling Federation Television champ!

Rating: 73

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Larry Zbyszko defeated Kevin Von Erich in 10:07 by pinfall with a Piledriver.

Rating: 78

Angle: It's time for the TV title main event and Michael Hayes is attacked from behind by Skinner as he makes his way to the ring. Skinner chokes and whips Hayes with his belt before spitting ambeer in his eyes and tossing him into the ring.

<hr>

WWF World Television Championship

VUTmktJ.jpg

ZDoFZRZ.jpgxblkqeI.png1qG1Rf1.jpg

Michael P.S. Hayes © vs. Skinner

Skinner's pre-match attacked paid major dividends as the Everglades wildman controlled most of the match. Michael Hayes hasn't made 7 successful title defenses by laying down when the going gets tough though, and he was able to secure the victory with a sudden Bulldog at 10:39. Michael Hayes makes defense number eight of the WWF World Television title.

Rating: 63

<hr>

Show Rating: 67

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- Greg Valentine and Al Snow have absolutely no chemistry as opponents.

- Al Snow suffered a Chondromalacia Patella in his match with Greg Valentine and will have to work through it for 1 year, 1 month, and 2 weeks. And there's no surgical option. YIKES!

- Everyone is pissed off at Valentine for injuring Snow.

- Michael Hayes also suffered an injury in his match with Skinner, and he'll have to work through Wrist Tendonitis for 1 year, 1 month, and 3 weeks. That's a pretty rough episode of Superstars.

The Next Day:

- WCW hired Virgil. That'll put butts in the seats!

The Next Day:

- WCW hired Virgil. That'll put butts in the seats!

Lol you better believe it will. Coming to Nashville this Friday Night, it will be one of the greatest wrestlers in the nation as the incredible Mike Jones makes his debut! He will be tagging with my son Georgie so you don’t want to miss it

Dynasty Status Update:

Regular readers may have noticed that I didn't post week 2 of December tv yesterday as I usually would and that I haven't posted it today either. Well, there's a reason for that, but it's not because I'm stopping the dynasty or anything. I'm simply making a change to my posting schedule. Ever since I had to stop the dynasty for nearly 2 weeks when my wife and I caught Covid, I've been thinking about changing how often I post shows. When you post shows 5 days a week as I have been and something comes up that gets you off schedule for a few days, you get a lot further behind than you would if you were posting shows a little less often.

So, what I'll be doing from now on, is posting one week of TV every Tuesday, one week of TV every Friday, and a PPV every other Monday. This will still allow me to post two full months of shows every 30 days, which is about half of what I'm doing now. I still think that's a pretty good pace. Hopefully, you'll all agree. Thanks!

WWF TV for Week 2, December 1991

- Nothing to report.

MgxdScW.png

Monday, December 9th, 1991

Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge, LA

12,000 in attendance

<hr>

EEITnCX.jpg

The show opens with "Mean" Gene Okerlund already in the ring, as he welcomes "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair and his new cohorts, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Vader, and Larry Zbyszko.

CIBDAdH.jpgI7JWHGW.jpguiRsVG0.jpgZvn19t1.jpg

Okerlund: Ric Flair, I would be remiss if I didn't ask, just what in the world did we witness at Survivor Series?

Flair: WELL, "MEAN" GENE, what you witnessed at Survivor Series, was the penultimate part of a plan nearly eight months in the making. I'm sure you've heard the expression, "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"? Well, that's exactly the strategy I employed nearly eight months ago, when I recruited Rude and Vader to "join" The Kingdom. And when they told me how Savage still went ON AND ON, about Elizabeth when no one was around, I KNEW, exactly what I needed to do when I got to the WWF, to get my hands on Savage's World Wrestling Federation Championship!

LRnIteg.jpg

Flair: All I had to do, was convince Liz that I was the good guy, and explain how she could get a little payback on Savage for their breakup, and it would be smooth sailing from there.

3m8lzqE.jpg

Flair: And of course, she fell for it! HOOK. LINE. And SINKER! WOOOOO!!

Okerlund: You're despicable, Ric Flair! Using the lovely Elizabeth as a pawn in your scheme, and then threatening her with bodily harm. HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT??

Flair: Like a baby, Gene, haha! Of course, there's still the small technicality of locking Randy Savage in the Figure Four, and making him beg for mercy, to become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion! But then, WOOOOOOOO!!!!, I'LL ADD THE FINISHING TOUCH!

Okerlund: And what exactly would that be?

Flair: Sorry, Gene, but you'll have to wait and see just like everyone else! And, Savage, YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE BANK, that you're gonna lose more than your title at Saturday Night's Main Event. Because when that final bell rings in the Cow Palace on December 28th, I'll not only have taken your title, I'll have CRUSHED.....YOUR.....SOUL! WOOOOO!!!

upMPqs8.jpg

<hr>

nOiJizq.jpglzVtBMt.jpgxblkqeI.pngbUIbt2t.jpgSaT9jUw.jpg

Haku and The Barbarian defeated Buddy Landel and Rick Martel in 13:25 when Haku submitted Landel with an Asian Spike.

u09hZpk.jpg

<hr>

YzftxzZ.jpgABfmL4J.jpgyJ54Ll3.jpg

kz6sUWY.jpg

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase brags about Sid putting Animal out of action at Survivor Series and the ramifications of that on the state of the tag team division.

DiBiase: Now that big Sid's taken out Animal, th..

I.R.S.: And don't forget Paul Ellering last month!

3HPN0t1.jpg

DiBiase smiles while giving Sid a hearty pat on the back before continuing.

DiBiase: That's right! With Animal AND Ellering out of the picture, LOD IS DONE! And with LOD finished, who's left to stand in our way? The Rebels? Already beat 'em. The Rock n Roll Express? Already beat 'em! The New Foundation? Already beat 'em! And even if we hadn't and Neidhart wasn't injured, that little twerp Owen Hart is trying to pick a fight with Vader! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And that's it. There's no one left! I guess Commissioner Graham is gonna have to go out and get us some competition. But with Sid in our corner, who's gonna risk their life trying to take these titles? NO ONE. And even if Graham could find someone, I've got more than enough money to buy them off a MILLION times over. Because everybody's got a price for The Million Dollar Man, and eventually they're all gonna pay! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

zUIEnZl.jpg

<hr>

akUtyuI.jpgw/UAdRsPn.jpgxblkqeI.pngBklIYHn.jpg

The Ripper destroyed Jackie Moore in 4:43 by pinfall with a Big Bertha Bomb.

3Ln94VI.jpg

<hr>

hx5l4Zu.jpg8EBIEDZ.jpg

6uWqSI4.jpg

uiRsVG0.jpg

Bret Hart and Owen Hart say they understand Jake Roberts' beef with Vader, but "family is more important than pets" and Vader should pay for what he did to their "brother" Jim Neidhart first.

g1or0bm.jpg

deksxoY.jpg

<hr>

hx5l4Zu.jpgxblkqeI.pngBklIYHn.jpg

Bret Hart defeated Tony Stetson in 6:18 by submission with a Sharpshooter.

u09hZpk.jpg

<hr>

lObEcd2.jpg

Back from a commercial break, and Commissioner Graham is already in the ring. He announces a rematch for the Intercontinental Championship for Saturday Night's Main Event: Fade to Black, as "The Minnesota Wrecking Machine" Scott Norton will defend against Sgt. Slaughter.

je6k2vL.jpgJA1MJD7.jpg

He seems like he's about to make another announcement, but he's interrupted by Bam Bam Bigelow.

33vYkJR.jpg

Bigelow says Hulk Hogan may be done with The Dragon, but he's not and he wants a match with Dragon for Saturday Night's Main Event.

rn73XZ4.jpg

m42sSZt.jpg

Graham informs Bigelow that due to circumstances beyond his control, The Dragon isn't available to wrestle right now. However, Graham says he'd be happy to sign a different match for Bigelow for Saturday Night's Main Event if he's interested. Bigelow begrudgingly accepts and Graham informs him he'll let him know his opponent once he lines something up.

upMPqs8.jpg

<hr>

nTlfzjF.jpgw/R0yFnRS.jpgxblkqeI.pngBklIYHn.jpg

Hercules defeated Devon Hughes in 6:19 by submission with a Backbreaker Rack.

EwdfYD1.jpg

<hr>

A7dLNT8.jpgvdKrrP6.jpgU8K34ai.jpg

LrRaKZ7.jpg

R0yFnRS.jpg0YsDiyO.jpgnTlfzjF.jpg4gr1auE.jpgO5CcA1R.jpg

In a pre-recorded interview, Sting, The British Bulldog, and Crush promise to avenge the Ultimate Warrior after the Army of Darkness locked him in a casket at Survivor Series, since Warrior himself may be out for months after the attack. Sting also addresses the threats Cactus Jack made toward him last week.

ALhCJvu.jpg

Sting: And, Cactus Jack, I'VE GOT A WARNING FOR YOU TOO! You may not have had a direct hand in the attack on the Warrior at Survivor Series, but I'm still holding YOU, PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE! Because if it weren't for you I would have still been there with the Warrior and maybe, just maybe, I could have prevented what happened. So, you better start looking over your shoulder, Cactus, because when you least expect it, BAM!!, there'll be the Stinger to make you wish you'd stayed down south! OOOOOOOWWW!!!

upMPqs8.jpg

<hr>

3qzcoj1.jpg

IYQfaUB.jpg

Despite his inability to fight The Texas Tornado himself as a stipulation for losing to Tornado at SNME: Vengeance, Terry Funk still vows to make Tornado's life a living hell one way or another.

Funk: I'm gonna tear you down to nothin' from top to bottom, Tornado, so I figure I might as well start at the bottom with your friend Tatanka.

WyHcCHd.jpg

Funk: Because anyone who's friends with an egg-sucking dog like you, must be the lowest of the low!

jTZYxxU.jpg

<hr>

IYQfaUB.jpgw/WyHcCHd.jpgxblkqeI.pngBklIYHn.jpg

The Texas Tornado defeated Glen Osbourne in 5:59 by submission with an Iron Claw.

k8hm2lt.jpg

<hr>

eXz6xLS.jpgrxjx1Pb.jpgygf9Rna.jpg

6c5ITBO.jpg

Before his main event bout with Koko B. Ware, Shawn Micheals gives an interview to Missy Hyatt backstage. He says Roddy Piper can say whatever he wants, but Micheals never leaves his friends behind. Although he had no choice but to drop that "pathetic loser" Marty Jannetty due to incompetence.

Michaels: But that's water under the bridge anyway since I've already smoothed things over with Brian. But you can say whatever you want about my morals, Piper. That's fine. What I won't stand for, especially from the likes of you, is being called a coward. Because the fact of the matter is, Roddy Piper, that it's you who's scared of The Heartbreak Kid. You're scared of my looks. You're scared of my charisma. You're scared of my talent. And most of all, you're scared that I've already surpassed you in every conceivable way. And you're right! But I'm not scared of you, Roddy Piper, and it's just a matter of time until I prove it!

BdJgdMV.jpg

<hr>

rxjx1Pb.jpgw/ygf9Rna.jpgxblkqeI.pngsTthJJh.jpgw/HNb015I.jpg

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Shawn Michaels defeated Koko B. Ware in 15:51 by pinfall with a Diving Elbow Drop.

gZdyvUM.jpg

<hr>

Show Rating:

mf0gq8j.jpg

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- Sting is a little tricky to write promos for in the early to mid-90s. I watched dozens of his promos from this time period for research and there was just no consistency to them, either in style or quality. Sometimes he would speak at a regular pace and sometimes he would talk a mile-a-minute. Sometimes he would scream the entire time and sometimes he would speak calmly. And still, other times he would go back and forth between calm and yelling, a la Randy Savage. Then on top of all that, he didn't have a catchphrase in this time period either. And that's without even going into the quality, which, to put it nicely, varied wildly.

- Shawn Michaels and Koko B. Ware have great chemistry as opponents.

- Bret Hart and Tony Stetson have great chemistry as opponents.

Bret Hart - 99

Shawn Michaels - 89

The Barbarian - 84

Haku - 77

Rick Martel - 75

The Next Day:

- Hulk Hogan seems to be clique building, having forged an alliance between Miss Elizabeth and Haku!

- WCW signed a couple more of my "castoffs", Road Warrior Animal, and Tony Atlas. They also signed Dan Severn. The AI companies have been a lot more aggressive with signings since I switched this save over to the 2020 version of the game. I like it!

- Jack Tunney became the head booker of the Texas Wrestling Federation.

- NJPW signed Tiny "Zeus" Lister to a 3 year exclusive written contract valued at $137,000 per month! Outrageous! And he has the "troublemaker" personality type. This could get interesting fast.

9M5qIA5.jpg

- Nothing to report.

iPRm8Rr.png

Wednesday, December 11th, 1991

Lubbock Civic Center in Lubbock, TX

3,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!

TV Rating: 0.19

Angle: Vince McMahon and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan recap Monday's Prime Time Wrestling

The State Patrol defeated Bugsy McGraw and Hector Guerrero in 6:57 when Lt. Wright pinned McGraw with a Moving Violation.

Rating: 50

Angle: As he promised last month, Koko B. Ware helped inject a little high-flying into the tag team division, introducing 2 Cold Scorpio as his new tag team partner. Ivory asks Koko what their team name is gonna be and he lets her decide. She dubs them 2Fly!

Rating: 52

2Fly defeated Tony Stetson and Simon Kenney in 8:17 when 2 Cold Scorpio pinned Kenney with a Scorpio Splash.

Paul Orndorff defeated Tim Storm in 6:24 by pinfall with a German Suplex.

Rating: 69

Angle: Madusa gives an update on the condition of Rockin' Robin after she was steamrolled at Survivor Series by Bull Nakano and The Ripper, stating that she'll be back to 100% in no time. She also makes it clear that she isn't particularly concerned with putting her Women's Championship on the line against Bull Nakano at Saturday Night's Main Event: Fade To Black.

Madusa: Because just like your namesake is outfinessed by a matador with a little red cape, Bull, I'm gonna use my finesse to overcome your brute strength! And I'm gonna use my intelligence to overcome your wickedness! And I'm gonna use my determination, to make sure, that no matter how hard you try, you'll never pin my shoulders to the mat and you'll never make me submit!

Rating: 88

<hr>

VUTmktJ.jpg

ZDoFZRZ.jpgxblkqeI.png3R4oOsu.jpgw/vH8HjLD.jpg

Michael P.S. Hayes © vs. The Warlord

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Michael Hayes overcame multiple attempts by Slick to cheat, beating The Warlord in 10:28 with a Bulldog. Michael Hayes makes defense number nine of the WWF World Television title.

With one more successful defense Hayes gets either a $10,000 bonus with an opportunity for a $20,000 bonus if he can make it to 20 defenses. Or he can vacate the title and take a shot at either the Intercontinental or Tag Team titles.

<hr>

Show Rating: 71

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- Everyone in the Koko/Scorpio vs. jobbers match was penalized for "holding back".

The Next Day:

- Shawn Michaels was identified as a Soft Drug user by the WWF Drug Testing policy. I fined him and it had a "small positive impact" on him and he was happy about my decision! I cannot believe it! Michael Hayes was pleased with my decision as well.

- Brian Pillman believes 2 Cold Scorpio "can't sell anything worth a damn" and needs to learn how to work.

- Mr. Perfect thinks Bull Nakano talks well and that the fans would respond if I gave her some mic time.

9M5qIA5.jpg

- Nothing to report.

uWBcsXQ.png

Friday, December 13th, 1991

The Plano Center in Plano, TX

2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!

TV Rating: 0.15

Atsushi Onita defeated Rick Fuller in 5:49 by submission.

Rating: 58

Angle: A generic Shawn Michaels and Brian Pillman promo.

Kevin Sullivan defeated Scott Taylor in 5:33 by pinfall with a Devil Stomp.

Angle: A generic Owen Hart promo.

Rating: 84

Dave Finlay defeated Duane Gill in 5:50 by submission.

Rating: 53

Angle: A generic Sid promo.

Rating: 85

The Nasty Boys defeated The Rebels in 11:19 when Jerry Sags pinned Steve Armstrong with a Trip to Nastyville.

Rating: 56

<hr>

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- When a say a wrestler did a "generic" promo, it's just a promo that isn't tied to a specific storyline's progress, and therefore doesn't need to be elaborated on. Up to this point in the dynasty, I've always tried to put a little effort into coming up with something for episodes of Superstars angle-wise, but I've since decided it isn't worth that effort. Basically, I'll pretty much be using Superstars as a "C" show from now on, using it to build undercard worker momentum and for giving guys "generic" promo time to work on their Microphone or Entertainment skills. However, there could occasionally be something important on an episode if I run out of angle time on Wrestling Challenge, so please give it a quick read anyway to make sure you aren't missing anything. And of course, there could be something worthwhile in the "Backstage before the show", "Post-show notes", or "The Next Day" sections as well.

The Next Day:

- Nothing to report.

Huge fan of the new tag team of Scorpio and Koko

I've always been a huge fan of Scorpio myself, and with Koko as his partner, he should improve pretty quickly in the ring since Koko has much higher skills in brawling, psychology, basics, and selling. Microphone and Acting too.

WWF TV for Week 3, December 1991

- WCW held Starrcade yesterday and I thought I would share the card:

WCW STARRCADE 1991

"Double Feature" Tim Horner and Keith Hart defeated "The Royal Family" Jack Victory and Rip Morgan. 57

"The Scooby Gang" Moondog Rex & Steve DiSalvo defeated Samoan Savage and Steve Armstrong to retain the WCW World Tag Team Titles. 59

Harley Race defeated Dutch Mantel by DQ. 56

Jimmy Garvin and Doom defeated Dustin Rhodes, Mike Shaw, & Rip Rogers. 67

Jim Duggan defeated Tommy Rich. 64

Barry Windham & Honky Tonk Man defeated Junkyard Dog and Marty Jannetty in a Strap match. 76

King Kong Bundy defeated Bobby Eaton for the WCW World Television title. 75

The Ultimate Solution(Jeep Swenson) defeated Road Warrior Animal in a Dog Collar match. 79

Lex Luger defeated Arn Anderson to retain the WCW United States Heavyweight title. 89

Show Rating: 77

*WCW World Heavyweight Champion Stan Hansen wasn't booked because he had a scheduling conflict with his main employer, AJPW. On the night of Starrcade he wrestled for them in a tag team match where he teamed up with Abdullah The Butcher to defeat Mighty Inoue and Tsuyoshi Kikuchi.

- Also in WCW news, rumors are they're about to start a new stable called "The Flood" with the members being King Kong Bundy, Harley Race, Honky Tonk Man, and Vincent(Virgil).

- In SMW news, Paul Ellering has been named their new head booker with their Christmas Chaos event scheduled for next Friday. Their roster's looking a bit rough so far though with workers of note including Jimmy Valiant, Bill Dundee, Johnny Rotten, Doug Somers, Randy Rose, Glenn Gilbertti(Disco Inferno), Super Nova, Jerry Flynn, and Ron Harris. I always loved SMW and considered doing a dynasty with them before I restarted this one, so I'm very interested in seeing how they do under AI control. Considering the poor quality of most of WCW's Starrcade card, I'd bet it won't be pretty.

- The Dragon has offered to put over Owen Hart. The offer is good for 2 matches and expires in 5 months.

MgxdScW.png

Monday, December 16th, 1991

Tuscon Convention Center in Tucson, AZ

9,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!

<hr>

UEr9TJE.jpgWikFKEQ.jpg

We open the show with an introduction from Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, who announce a special live satellite interview with Miss Elizabeth that will be coming up later tonight.

3m8lzqE.jpg

They also announce that Commissioner Graham has found an opponent for Bam Bam Bigelow for Saturday Night's Main Event: Fade To Black, as he'll be taking on one half of the Natural Disasters, Earthquake.

33vYkJR.jpg5sPZVNC.jpg

They also announce tonight's main event, as the other half of the Natural Disasters, Typhoon, will do battle with Hulk Hogan!

rn73XZ4.jpgl2hjyvD.jpg

upMPqs8.jpg

<hr>

YzftxzZ.jpgABfmL4J.jpgw/yJ54Ll3.jpgxblkqeI.pngEA3tFHa.jpgEA3tFHa.jpg

Money Inc. defeated Mike Barton and Duane Gill in 6:27 when Barton and Gill were disqualified when Hawk ran in and attacked Irwin R. Schyster.

D6Tq7WK.jpg

ZhFiDTs.jpg

<hr>

DiBiase tries to help I.R.S. but Hawk easily overpowers both to a huge pop. Sid poops on Hawk's party though, attacking from behind and clubbing him to the mat with multiple forearm shots across the back. A Big Boot on an Irish Whip rebound follows as Sid taunts the crowd that it's time for the Powerbomb. He picks Hawk up from the mat and sets up for the move, only to be drilled in the back with a steel chair by Steve Williams!

uFxHYpW.jpg

DiBiase and I.R.S. had left the ring by this point, so there was no one to save Sid from yet another chair shot as Williams levels him again, knocking him between the ropes to the outside as the fans go wild.

CEKZoc0.jpg

<hr>

vdKrrP6.jpgxblkqeI.pngEA3tFHa.jpg

The British Bulldog defeated The Equalizer in 6:21 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam.

u09hZpk.jpg

<hr>

lObEcd2.jpg

hx5l4Zu.jpg8EBIEDZ.jpg

uiRsVG0.jpg

In a pre-recorded message, Commissioner Graham says that although he understands Bret and Owen Hart's point of view in regards to avenging an injured family member, in this case, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, he still believes that Roberts' claim for vengeance against Vader is stronger.

6uWqSI4.jpg

Therefore, he has signed a match for Saturday Night's Main Event: Fade To Black, pitting Jake "The Snake" Roberts against Vader. He expects things to be settled once and for all this time too, as he's banned all of Vader's friends AND both Bret and Owen Hart from ringside!

Finally, he announces another match for Saturday Night's Main Event, as Owen Hart will take on Larry Zbyszko.

Zvn19t1.jpg

HzvWOJO.jpg

<hr>

8EBIEDZ.jpgxblkqeI.pngEA3tFHa.jpg

Owen Hart defeated Glen Osbourne in 6:21 by submission with a Sharpshooter.

u09hZpk.jpg

<hr>

Y0aBEZC.jpg

Paul Orndorff cuts a promo, where he amps up his threats toward Mr. Perfect's father/manager Larry Hennig even more.

QvZ2FVS.jpgyFNFuyg.jpg

Orndorff: So, you're gonna put me outta you and your little daddy's misery, huh, Perfect? Well, I know a little somethin' about misery because I've inflicted more than my fair share of it in my career. And when I'm done grindin' you into the canvas at Saturday Night's Main Event, Perfect, "dear old dad" is gonna get a little first-hand experience of just what kind of misery I'm capable of dishing out. I'm sure that's not what you wanna hear, Perfect, but it's the truth. And the truth hurts! And at Saturday Night's Main Event, so will you, Larry!

HzvWOJO.jpg

<hr>

QvZ2FVS.jpgw/yFNFuyg.jpgxblkqeI.pngEA3tFHa.jpg

Mr. Perfect defeated Tony Stetson in 5:46 by pinfall with a Perfect Plex.

u09hZpk.jpg

<hr>

B3zZdJj.jpgxblkqeI.pngALhCJvu.jpg

In his debut match in the WWF, Cactus Jack defeated Tito Santana in 10:38 by pinfall with a Pulling Piledriver.

LwdE2fH.jpg

<hr>

Cactus went back on the attack after the bell, tossing Santana to the outside and then delivering a running elbow drop off the ring apron to the floor. He still wasn't done though, as he pulled the ringside mats back and prepared to deliver another Piledriver to Santana, this time on the exposed concrete. WWF officials tried to stop the attack to no avail, but Sting had a little more luck!

A7dLNT8.jpg

The Stinger attacks Cactus in a fury, whipping him into the steel barrier and then clotheslining him into the front row. Sting hops the barrier as well, and the two men begin to brawl through the crowd. After multiple fans were inadvertently knocked down by either Sting or Cactus, Commissioner Graham had seen enough and he rushed onto the scene himself to help officials break them up.

lObEcd2.jpg

After Cactus momentarily got the best of Sting with a Body Slam on the concrete floor, Graham planted himself in front of the fallen Sting, ordering Cactus to back off. Cactus had other ideas, leveling the Commissioner with a hard right hand and then kicking him multiple times after he was down. As crazy as Cactus is, it was obvious even he knew he'd went too far by attacking the Commissioner, so he made himself scarce as Graham was tended to by Sting and some WWF officials.

upMPqs8.jpg

<hr>

RrhIPtQ.jpgxblkqeI.png8foJaIR.jpgw/ZjDfvE1.jpg

Dave Taylor defeated Dino Bravo in 9:57 by pinfall with a Bridging Fallaway Slam.

Exa3y6U.jpg

<hr>

UEr9TJE.jpgWikFKEQ.jpg

It was now time for the special interview with Miss Elizabeth, live via satellite. Before Monsoon and Heenan got a chance to start though, Gorilla Monsoon announces he's just been handed a note.

Monsoon: Brain, before we get to our interview with Elizabeth, we've just received a note from Commissioner Graham's office. First of all, he wants everyone to know that he's fine following his attack at the hands of Cactus Jack earlier tonight, and that Cactus will be punished for his actions. Also, he's just signed a World Wrestling Federation Tag Team title match for Saturday Night's Main Event, as Money Inc. will defend against Hawk and "Dr. Death" Steve Williams!

YzftxzZ.jpgABfmL4J.jpgD6Tq7WK.jpguFxHYpW.jpg

Heenan: That's great, Monsoon, but can we get on with this interview? I can't wait to hear what kind of sob story Liz has cooked up!

Monsoon: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? What happened at Survivor Series was a travesty and Elizabeth has every right to.....You know what? Get outta here and don't come back tonight! You don't deserve to speak to someone as lovely and kind as Miss Elizabeth!

Heenan: Excuse me?

Monsoon: You heard me!

Heenan: Now, wait just a minute!

At this point, Gorilla stands up from his chair and Heenan knows he means business so he backs down and does indeed leave.

Monsoon: Are we ready?......Okay, ladies and gentlemen, I'm happy to be joined at this time, live via satellite by Miss Elizabeth!

3m8lzqE.jpg

Monsoon: Elizabeth, are you doing okay?

Elizabeth: I've been better, Gorilla, but yes, I'm doing okay right now.

Monsoon: And what about Randy Savage, have you heard from him since this all went down?

Elizabeth: Actually, Gorilla, despite everything that went on at Survivor Series, it ultimately was the best thing that could have happened. Randy and I are back together because he finally proved what I just couldn't be convinced of before.

Monsoon: Which was?

Elizabeth: That I'm more important than him being the champion, or king, or whatever he's been calling himself.

Monsoon: That's great news!

Elizabeth: Thanks, Gorilla!

Monsoon: Is Randy there with you, by chance?

Elizabeth: He is, but I couldn't convince him to speak on the air. I've never seen him this upset. Or determined. But it's not jealousy this time like we've had problems with in the past. It's about love and setting things right!

Monsoon: Are you absolutely sure he won't speak with me?

Elizabeth: I'm sure, Gorilla!

Monsoon: Well then,....

LRnIteg.jpg

Savage suddenly bursts into frame, telling Elizabeth that he's got it from here. She reluctantly agrees to leave as Savage addresses Ric Flair.

CIBDAdH.jpg

His voice is trembling as he starts to speak.

Savage: The shades are off, Ric Flair, and I want you to look right into my eyes.

Savage rips the sunglasses he's wearing off, breaks them, and tosses them aside.

Savage: "The Macho King" Randy Savage is NO MORE. Long live the King? Oh, no no no. Because the Macho King is DEAD, and only The Madness remains, yeah! So look into these eyes, Ric Flair, and understand this, yeah. If you thought Randy Savage was unhinged. IF YOU THOUGHT RANDY SAVAGE WAS A LUNATIC! Then you ain't seen nothin' yet. Because The Madness will not rest. HE WILL NOT STOP, until Ric Flair is not only gone from the World Wrestling Federation, but he won't stop, until Ric Flair is wiped from existence. OOOOOOHHH YEAAAAHHHH!!!

Savage stands up and violently shoves the cameraman down before storming off.

Monsoon: Ladies and gentlemen, I would not want to be in Ric Flair's shoes next weekend in the Cow Palace! Whew! We'll be right back with our main event!

upMPqs8.jpg

<hr>

rn73XZ4.jpgxblkqeI.pngl2hjyvD.jpgw/x6U7M5r.jpg5sPZVNC.jpg

This match ended pretty much like you'd expect, with Earthquake attacking Hogan once it was obvious Typhoon couldn't get the job done. Hogan wins by disqualification in 9:43.

AEZPFvW.jpg

<hr>

Though Hogan didn't have too much trouble with Typhoon alone, both of The Natural Disasters at once were just overwhelming. A double Avalanche in the corner proceeded a Tidal Wave Splash by Typhoon with an Earthquake Splash about to follow that.

33vYkJR.jpg

Bam Bam Bigelow turned the tide though, sprinting to the ring and pulling the top rope down as Earthquake ran the ropes, causing him to tumble to the outside. Typhoon quickly exited the ring and ran at Bigelow, who floored him with a Clothesline. Jimmy Hart then tried to hit Bigelow with his megaphone, but Bigelow caught him and took it to use as a weapon himself, snatching it just in time to clock his now recovered Saturday Night's Main Event opponent, Earthquake, with it. With Earthquake down and out and Bigelow now armed, Typhoon and Hart hit the bricks as Bigelow checks on Hogan and Prime Time comes to a close.

BdJgdMV.jpg

<hr>

Show Rating:

7hfOrrv.jpg

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- The Hogan/Typhoon match suffered from a lack of selling. No kidding!

- Tito Santana was complaining about losing to Cactus Jack until he saw Cactus glaring at him and cracking his knuckles. Imagining this cracks me up for some reason.

Hulk Hogan - 97

Ted DiBiase - 94

Mr. Perfect - 92

Owen Hart - 79

The British Bulldog - 73

The Next Day:

- AJPW extended contract offers to Well Dunn, offering them a combined salary of nearly $29,000 per month over 2 and 3 years respectively. While they do have decent in-ring skills for training purposes, I was basically just using them for a "name" jobber tag team so I'm gonna let them go at that price.

- Jim Cornette is clique building, forging an alliance with Kevin Sullivan and Brian Pillman.

- WCW increased its production values to majestic.

9M5qIA5.jpg

- Bull Nakano's behavior improved after being sent to "Wrestler's Court" where Hulk Hogan punished her for being late to pick up her travel partner. I generally don't bother with mentioning these because they're so uninteresting and unvaried, but I thought this particular pairing was hilarious to think of in this context.

iPRm8Rr.png

Wednesday, December 18th, 1991

Santa Monica Civic Center in Santa Monica, CA

2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!

TV Rating: 0.23

Angle: A Recap of Monday's Prime Time with McMahon and Heenan.

Rating: 95

Smash defeated Duane Gill in 5:31 by pinfall.

Rating: 71

Shane Douglas defeated Mike Alfonso in 6:09 by pinfall with The Pittsburgh Plunge.

Rating:

Just as she said she would at Saturday Night's Main Event next week, Madusa outsmarted an interfering Bull Nakano, causing her to strike Madusa's opponent Reggie Bennett instead. A quick Bridging German Suplex would follow to give Madusa the victory at 9:40.

Angle: Nakano charges into the ring to attack Madusa, followed closely by The Ripper. They whip Madusa into the ropes to deliver a double team move, but Madusa wisely does a Baseball Slide under the bottom rope to escape and heads for the locker room. Unfortunately for Reggie Bennett, Nakano and The Ripper would take their frustrations out on her instead, flattening her with a Powerbomb/Middle Rope splash combo to send us to commercial.

Angle: Accompanied by his manager, The Genius, Dave Taylor is in the ring when we come back from the commercial break. Taylor begins to speak, but The Genius insists he does the talking for now. The Genius calls Hayes' win over Taylor early last month a fluke and declares that if given the opportunity here tonight, Taylor guarantees he will end Hayes' Television Championship reign. Of course, The Genius knows that Hayes doesn't have the guts to put the title on the line against an opponent the caliber of Taylor, since he's only one victory away from either a cash reward or an IC or Tag title shot. Since he knows Hayes won't go for it, he might as well read the poem he prepared, and then he and Taylor will be on their way.

The Genius: Everyone knows that I am The Genius

The world's smartest man, and a proficient linguist

But what are you Hayes, besides very dumb?

And that language you speak, is it even English?

But all that aside, it's easy to tell

That you fear Sir Dave Taylor, who is your superior as well!

This draws out an angry Hayes, who hastily accepts the challenge by tossing his title to a ring attendant and shouting for the timekeeper to ring the bell.

Rating: 69

<hr>

VUTmktJ.jpg

ZDoFZRZ.jpgxblkqeI.png8foJaIR.jpgw/ZjDfvE1.jpg

Michael P.S. Hayes © vs. Dave Taylor w/ The Genius

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Dave Taylor defeated Michael Hayes in 9:57 by pinfall with a Bridging Fallaway Slam to win the WWF World Television title.

<hr>

Show Rating: 77

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- Nothing to report.

The Next Day:

- WCW increased its Production values to "Industry Leader".

9M5qIA5.jpg

- Nothing to report.

uWBcsXQ.png

Friday, December 20th, 1991

Pacific Sports Center in Vallejo, CA

1,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!

TV Rating: 0.14

Buddy Landel defeated Larry Stephens in 5:51 by pinfall with a Figure Four Leglock.

Rating:

Angle: A generic Cactus Jack promo.

Rating: 45

Angle: A generic Shane Douglas promo.

Rating: 66

Angle: A generic Nikita Koloff promo.

Rating: 81

Skinner defeated Joe Cruz in 6:30 by pinfall with a Gatorbreaker.

Rating: 47

Angle: A generic Madusa promo.

Rating: 65

The Lumberjack defeated Neil Superior in 6:30 by pinfall with a Northern Exposure.

Rating: 58

The Rock 'n' Roll Express defeated Well Dunn in 9:54 when Robert Gibson pinned Dunn with a Double dropkick.

<hr>

Show Rating: 63

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- Nothing to report.

The Next Day:

- The American economy's strong recovery has continued and now appears poised to move in to 1992 on a strong note. Wrestling promoters throughout the country are excited about what this economic recovery might mean for the fortunes of the business in 1992.

WWF TV for Week 4, December 1991

- Sensational Sherri has returned from rehab. Not 100% sure what I'll do with her just yet.

MgxdScW.png

Monday, December 23rd, 1991

Great Western Forum in Inglewood, CA

15,128 in attendance

TV Rating: 2.18

<hr>

UEr9TJE.jpgWikFKEQ.jpg

Monsoon and Heenan open the show with multiple announcements relating to SNME: Fade To Black. First, following the aftermath of Prime Time's main event last week, Commissioner Graham has changed Bam Bam Bigelow's match with Earthquake into a tag team match where it will be Bigelow teaming with Hulk Hogan to take on The Natural Disasters.

rn73XZ4.jpg33vYkJR.jpg5sPZVNC.jpgl2hjyvD.jpg

Also, it's announced that the Money Inc. vs. Hawk & "Dr. Death" Steve Williams match will actually be non-title after Ted DiBiase's lawyers successfully argued in court that Hawk and Williams can't be rewarded for assaulting Money Inc.

YzftxzZ.jpgABfmL4J.jpgD6Tq7WK.jpguFxHYpW.jpg

However, Commissioner Graham says he's well within his rights to say that if Hawk and Williams win at SNME they WILL get a title shot at Royal Rumble. And finally, they announce tonight's main event, as Wrestlemania 1 tag team partners collide when "Rowdy" Roddy Piper faces Paul Orndorff!

6c5ITBO.jpgY0aBEZC.jpg

upMPqs8.jpg

<hr>

yJ54Ll3.jpgxblkqeI.pngEA3tFHa.jpg

Sid defeated Dennis Allen in 3:18 by pinfall with a Powerbomb.

9mXuhYB.jpg

<hr>

eXz6xLS.jpgIYQfaUB.jpgWyHcCHd.jpg

Missy Hyatt interviews The Texas Tornado and Tatanka next. Tornado apologizes to Tatanka for him being targeted by Terry Funk when it's not his fight.

3qzcoj1.jpg

But he says he'll find some way to make things right even if he can't directly fight Funk. Tatanka has no response.

deksxoY.jpg

<hr>

IYQfaUB.jpgw/WyHcCHd.jpgxblkqeI.pngEA3tFHa.jpg

The Texas Tornado defeated Tim Storm in 4:17 by submission with an Iron Claw.

foMLTc8.jpg

<hr>

JA1MJD7.jpg1EAJnpE.jpg

The unlikely pairing of American patriot Sgt. Slaughter and "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff, address Koloff's former ally, the Intercontinental Champion Scott Norton.

je6k2vL.jpg

Slaughter: ATTEN-HUT! Scott Norton! Or Dmitri! Or whatever you wanna call yourself! I'll just call you MAGGOT! Russian or no Russian, YOU NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON YOUR ALLIES! What you did at Survivor Series was despicable! AND FOR THAT, NOT FOR THE GLORY OF THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP, I'M GONNA MAKE YOU PAY! AND THAT'S AN ORRRDERRR!!!

Koloff: WIN OR LOSE THIS SATURDAY, NORTON. Title or no title. YOU'RE MINE AT ROYAL RUMBLE!

9tEoCVn.jpg

<hr>

je6k2vL.jpgxblkqeI.pngEA3tFHa.jpg

Scott Norton defeated Frank Andersson in 3:35 by pinfall with a Brainbuster.

EhT9jJ8.jpg

<hr>

EEITnCX.jpg

"Mean" Gene Okerlund is in the event center, where three more matches are announced for SNME: Fade To Black.

Okerlund: The Ultimate Warrior's friends will get a chance for a little revenge on The Army of Darkness with this trio of matches, just signed by Commissioner Billy Graham. The Undertaker, with Paul Bearer in his corner, will go one on one with the big Hawaiian Crush.

0YsDiyO.jpgU8K34ai.jpg

Okerlund: In addition, The British Bulldog will face off against the head recruiter for The Army of Darkness, Kevin Sullivan.

vdKrrP6.jpgO5CcA1R.jpg

Okerlund: And finally, making his World Wrestling Federation debut, the man called Sting, will do battle with Smash!

A7dLNT8.jpg4gr1auE.jpg

Okerlund: And for those wondering why Sting isn't facing Cactus Jack instead of Smash, well that's simple.

ALhCJvu.jpg

Okerlund: As punishment for his attack on the Commissioner last week, Cactus Jack has been suspended INDEFINITELY!

upMPqs8.jpg

<hr>

sTthJJh.jpg8Mxy9QH.jpgw/HNb015I.jpgxblkqeI.pngBjhNR6h.jpg5CfkiyM.jpg

2 Fly defeated Well Dunn in 11:27 when 2 Cold Scorpio pinned Steven Dunn with a Scorpio Splash.

EhT9jJ8.jpg

<hr>

6uWqSI4.jpg

uiRsVG0.jpg

Jake Roberts with words for Vader before their final showdown at SNME: Fade To Black this Saturday.

Roberts: You know, Vader, somebody asked me one time, "how old are you, snake?" Old enough to know better? No, I still make mistakes, but I go out there and shoot for it every single day, man. And when you're pullin' the trigger each and every day, you're bound to make a few mistakes. But I've lived through 'em. The question is, big man, can you live through your mistake? Your mistake of comin' at Jake Roberts? No, because that I can respect. Any man's gotta put his name out there if he wants to make a name for himself. No, the mistake you made was comin' after Damien! Literally, a member of my family, held as near and dear to my heart as most people's children! You WON'T live through that mistake! Trust me!

BdJgdMV.jpg

<hr>

6uWqSI4.jpgxblkqeI.pngDpsb6SM.jpg

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Jake Roberts defeated Greg Valentine in 10:06 by pinfall with The DDT.

k8hm2lt.jpg

<hr>

6c5ITBO.jpg

rxjx1Pb.jpg

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper suggests "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels put his money where his mouth is and prove he isn't afraid of "The Hot Rod". All he's gotta do is agree to speak to Piper face to face during a special episode of Piper's Pit this Saturday at SNME: Fade To Black.

Piper: Just do that and you'll shut me up! And isn't that what everyone wants? TO SHUT MY BIG MOUTH ONCE AND FOR ALL!? I'll be there, Shawn! Will you?

upMPqs8.jpg

<hr>

6c5ITBO.jpgxblkqeI.pngY0aBEZC.jpg

With Orndorff in control late in the match, Mr. Perfect rushes toward the ring with a steel chair in hand.

QvZ2FVS.jpgyFNFuyg.jpg

Before he can get there though, his father Larry trips while following him down the aisle. Hearing the crowd react to this, Perfect goes back to check on him. Orndorff also reacts to the commotion rushing out to attack Perfect from behind. They do battle in the aisle way with Orndorff getting control of the chair and whacking Perfect with it. By this point the referee has counted Orndorff out, awarding the match to Piper at 15:58. It appears Orndorff is about to strike Larry with the chair too, but Piper climbs out of the ring and scares him off.

iGeppy7.jpg

<hr>

CIBDAdH.jpgI7JWHGW.jpguiRsVG0.jpgZvn19t1.jpg

Ric Flair and company end Prime Time with some final words for their SNME: Fade To Black opponents.

First up, Larry Zbyszko addresses Owen Hart.

8EBIEDZ.jpg

Zbyszko: Owen Hart, revenge is man's man's game and your just a little boy, in over your head! And I'm gonna prove it when I twist you into a pretzel at Saturday Night's Main Event!

Next, a fired-up Vader doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to Jake Roberts.

6uWqSI4.jpg

Vader: JAKE ROBERTS! You talk a big game, but when it comes time to prove it, YOU NEVER GOT NOTHIN! At Saturday Night's Main Event, IT'S TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP! And that mean's it's my time. Not yours. That mean's, IT'S VADER TIME!

Finally, Ric Flair pulls no punches, guaranteeing he'll win the WWF Championship at SNME: Fade To Black!

LRnIteg.jpg

Flair: NOT MANY THINGS IN THIS WORLD ARE GUARANTEED! BUT, I'm gonna make you two guarantees for this Saturday Night, Savage! NUMBER ONE! I GUARANTEE, that I walk out of the Cow Palace, the new World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion of the world! NUMBER TWO! I GUARANTEE, that when I add the finishing touch to my master plan, Randy Savage will NEVER BE, THE SAME AGAIN! WOOOOOOOOO!!

upMPqs8.jpg

<hr>

Show Rating:

HHSJSTV.jpg

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- Nothing to report.

Roddy Piper - 91

Jake Roberts - 89

Sid - 88

Paul Orndorff - 85

Texas Tornado - 78

The Next Day:

- Crush tested positive for steroids again. I think that's the second time since I instituted the medium drug testing policy in November. I forgot to check his disciplinary log to be sure. I fined him and nothing noteworthy resulted, but I think I'll suspend him for a month if(likely when) he tests positive again.

- Sid doesn't think Mike Alfonso(Awesome) connects with the fans and is a waste of time.

9M5qIA5.jpg

- This is a special Thursday edition of Wrestling Challenge since Christmas fell on a Wednesday in 1991.

- Al Snow picked up a nagging injury a few weeks back that will affect him for over a year. Since I'd already backed off on the mini-push I was giving him back around Summerslam, I decided to send him on paid vacation until he's fully healed.

iPRm8Rr.png

Thursday, December 26th, 1991

San Bernardino Armory in San Bernardino, CA

TV Rating: 0.19

Angle: Prime Time Wrestling recap with McMahon and Heenan.

2 Fly defeated The State Patrol in 10:03 when 2 Cold Scorpio pinned Lt. Wright with a Scorpio Splash.

Rating: 57

Angle: The Genius and Sir Dave Taylor cut a promo saying Taylor will only defend his Television Championship against the best of the best.

The Genius: And when you're talking about the best of the best, obviously one of the first names to come to mind is Duane Gill!

Rating: 59

<hr>

VUTmktJ.jpg

8foJaIR.jpgw/ZjDfvE1.jpgxblkqeI.pngEA3tFHa.jpg

"Sir" Dave Taylor w/ The Genius© vs. Duane Gill

Dave Taylor squashed Duane Gill in 3:45 by pinfall with a Bridging Fallaway Slam. Dave Taylor makes defense number one of the WWF World Television title.

Bull Nakano defeated Heidi Lee Morgan in 7:29 by pinfall with a Guillotine Leg Drop.

Rating: 55

Angle: Nakano is joined by The Ripper, and it appears they had the same plans for Morgan as Reggie Bennett last week. Madusa saved her from that fate though, scaring Nakano and The Ripper away with a steel chair.

Steve Williams warms up for SNME: Fade To Black, defeating Greg Valentine in the main event with a Backdrop Driver in 9:40.

Rating: 61

<hr>

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- Nothing to report.

The Next Day:

- WCW signed Buddy Rose and Nailz.

9M5qIA5.jpg

- Nothing to report.

uWBcsXQ.png

Friday, December 27th, 1991

Van Nuys Armory in Van Nuys, CA

TV Rating: 0.44

2 Fly defeated Larry Stephens and Neil Superior in 6:23 when 2 Cold Scorpio pinned Stephens with a Scorpio Splash.

Angle: A generic 2 Cold Scorpio promo post-match.

Rating: 29

Irwin R. Schyster defeated David Walby in 6:04 by pinfall with a Samoan Drop.

Rating: 56

Angle: A generic Owen Hart promo.

Rating: 89

Kevin Von Erich defeated Glen Osbourne in 7:14 by submission with The Iron Claw.

Heidi Lee Morgan defeated Denise Storm in 7:02 by submission.

Rating: 25

Angle: Brian Pillman promo on The Lumberjack.

Rating: 93

Brian Pillman defeated The Lumberjack in 9:32 by pinfall with an Enzuigiri.

Rating: 79

<hr>

Show Rating: 75

<hr>

Post-show notes:

- That was a higher than expected grade for Pillman and The Lumberjack.

The Next Day:

- Jobber Neil Superior tested positive for Hard Drugs. He needs to eat too, so he gets the same treatment as the stars. That's strikes 1 & 2.

- I was going to post the results of Smoky Mountain Wrestling's inaugural event, Christmas Chaos, but the card was so weak in talent and poor in results that it isn't worth typing out.

Saturday, December 28th, 1991

From The Cow Palace in San Francisco, California

<hr>

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth © vs. "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Comments:

"The Minnesota Wrecking Machine" Scott Norton © vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Comments:

WWF Women's Championship

Madusa © vs. Bull Nakano w/ The Fabulous Moolah & The Ripper

Comments:

WWF Tag Team title shot on the line

Money Inc. w/ Sid vs. Hawk & "Dr. Death" Steve Wiliams

**If Hawk and Williams win they'll get a shot at Money Inc.'s WWF Tag Team Championship at Royal Rumble.**

Comments:

Super Grudge Match

Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. Vader

**All of Vader's friends(Flair, Rude, Zbyszko) and Owen and Bret Hart are banned from ringside.**

Comments:

Tag Team Match

Hulk Hogan & Bam Bam Bigelow vs. The Natural Disasters w/ Jimmy Hart

Comments:

You Don't Mess With Family

Mr. Perfect w/ Larry Hennig vs. Paul Orndorff

Comments:

For The Warrior

The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer vs. Crush

Comments:

Sting's WWF In-Ring Debut / For The Warrior

Smash w/ Paul Bearer vs. Sting

Comments:

For The Warrior

Kevin Sullivan w/ Paul Bearer vs. The British Bulldog

Comments:

Grudge Match

Owen Hart w/ Bret Hart vs. Larry Zbyszko w/ Rick Rude

Comments:

Bonus Question

Match of the night?

Answer:

Condensed predictions card for those with no comments:

Match of the night?

NOTE: This is the first show in a new round of the prediction contest that runs through Wrestlemania 8 so everyone has a clean slate.

WWF Saturday Night's Main Event: Fade To Black Predictions Card:

ZvRFDfT.png

Match of the night? Savage vs. Flair

Comments:

Comments:

WWF Women's Championship

Comments:

WWF Tag Team title shot on the line

**If Hawk and Williams win they'll get a shot at Money Inc.'s WWF Tag Team Championship at Royal Rumble.**

Comments:

Super Grudge Match

**All of Vader's friends(Flair, Rude, Zbyszko) and Owen and Bret Hart are banned from ringside.**

Comments:

Tag Team Match

Comments:

You Don't Mess With Family

Comments:

For The Warrior

Comments:

Sting's WWF In-Ring Debut / For The Warrior

Comments:

For The Warrior

Comments:

Grudge Match

Comments:

Bonus Question

Match of the night?

Answer: Flair vs savage

Even though I'm not eligible to win this round I think I'll take a crack anyway

Match of the night? Seems a no brainer for Savage match but I'll go Jake and Vader

Match of the night? Owen vs. Zbyszko

Match of the night? Savage vs. Flair

Match of the night? Savage vs Flair

Dynasty Update

I'm sorry to say that after much deliberation I've decided to end this dynasty. There's a multitude of reasons why, but there are two reasons that stand out above the others.

1.) I've signed practically every decent worker available either for my main roster or developmental company, leaving WCW with nothing but the scraps and my castoffs to build a roster with. This leads to wretched cards from my main competition like the Starrcade card I posted a few posts back. Just go back and take a look at it if you didn't see it before. I mean, Steve Disalvo? Keith Hart? Mike Shaw? Rip Rogers? Moondog Rex? Samoan Savage? A 48! year old Harley Race? It's just so bad and it makes the game world outside my own company very dull.

2.) Due in part to point number 1, I now have a strong urge to do a dynasty where I control both WWF and WCW. I thought about just adding a second user character to this save in the editor and taking over WCW that way, but with the state of their roster and with the overwhelming amount of big-name talent I already have locked up to long-term deals, I just think it's best if I start with a clean slate.

So that's what I'm going to do. There's obviously a lot of details to be ironed out, like deciding which company gets to sign which free agents and things of that nature, but I've got some ideas that I think will work.

It might be a bit before I get the new dynasty going, but I hope everyone will give it a chance considering this is the third or fourth time I've stopped a dynasty before finishing it. I'm certainly not the first to have that problem in the forums, and I'm certainly not on the top 10 list for most abandoned dynasties, but I prefer to finish what I start if possible. Ultimately though, dynasties are for fun and if I think controlling both companies in a fresh save will be the most fun, I'm gonna run with that. Maybe someone will follow along or maybe not. And if it comes to the point where I'm just talking to myself, I'll just have to take a shower, hit the weights, and get a clue!

P.S. . If there's enough interest I'd be willing to write out a semi-detailed summary of my plans through Wrestlemania 8 for this dynasty, which is how far ahead I've already written. I also had some very loose plans for the run-up to Summerslam '92 that I could share. Anyway, just let me know if that's something you guys would like to see. Thanks very much to everyone for reading, predicting, and commenting!

Sorry to see this end, but the reasoning is understandable. Considering how well this dynasty was however, I am looking forward for your future project and I am sure it will be an enjoyable read like this one. Thank you for the hard work you put into this dynasty and looking forward to your future works.

Sorry to see this end but fully understand where you're coming from. I'd be interested in hearing what you had planned and look forwards to following your new diary when your ready

Looking forward to the new idea!

Sorry to see this end, but the reasoning is understandable. Considering how well this dynasty was however, I am looking forward for your future project and I am sure it will be an enjoyable read like this one. Thank you for the hard work you put into this dynasty and looking forward to your future works.

Would definitely love to see what else you had planned and would love to see how you book WCW.

Count me in with those sad to see this end but happy to see the new idea in action.

I would like to hear where you were going with things

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, everyone!

And since there was sufficient interest in seeing what I had planned through WM8, I'll try to get a semi-detailed rundown of those plans posted later today or tomorrow.

I mainly lurked but I really enjoyed the diary! While it did seem like the gap between you and WCW was really wide, I thought that eventually with the way people were getting popped for drugs, there'd be enough good castoffs to give WCW a boost. I also wondered how you'd book around that when it had to come down to letting people go that you had plans for.