Attendance Penalties

I don't think there should be attendance penalties for oversaturation regarding Touring shows. IRL tours are usually specifically for a certain region/area and the attendances are usually consistent throughout.

At the moment you get a penalty for running shows in the same region, despite the regions often covering huge amounts of land. Running a wrestling show in Germany and running one in Poland shouldn't be seen as oversaturating your potential audience.

EDIT: Also good tours should increase the attendance of the event they're buildung towards, not decrease it

I've never seen this message nor had this issue, but I would agree with you. I have a feeling the oversaturation mechanics were put in for game areas of a single country like Canada or the US where that makes sense, but it doesn't make sense in Europe where the regions span many countries.

I live in Canada and we have a few promotions here who do a summer tour of all the small towns in a single province. It's like a house show loop. No one town sees the other show or really knows what happened there so when the show comes to your town it is new and fresh. I don't see why a promoter should be penalized - in fact it's smart business to avoid a lot of travel, as well as establish a presence in a single area.

Maybe a better mechanic for this would be to give an oversaturation penalty if the player visits the same venue or location too many times in a single tour? If I am touring an area an hit the same 2/3 cities over and over, yeah the audience will tire out. But even if I was touring a single US state and visited 3-4 different cities across the state I don't see why it would be an issue. This was the model of many territories back in the territory days.