Risky Business - 1985

RISKY BUSINESS

JANUARY

Pro%2BWrestling%2BIllustrated%2BJuly%2B1985.jpg

A TEW 2020 MOD BY JAYSIN AND MATTYWOOD

D3liSM8UcAAABPh.jpg

0563724aba963adf2fe1d11046f9a97f.jpg

So after playing this beloved game in its many, many iterations over the years and a love of Pro Wrestling since I could walk (I'm now officially middle aged :( ) I have picked up the baton from Jaysin with his blessing to complete the Risky Business beta mod.

When I say help, I mean that this is not all my handy work by any stretch of the imagination. All the hard work credit goes to firstly Jaysin and Mattywood as this is quite simply their mod. Also further credits go to Hammerglenn, Alvarasus, Mammoth, Oyaji, Derek B, Idolized, RayW, Kryptonite, Beejus, Bro4dway, Smasher1311, Taker, lovegun77, Hive, Genadi, Sco xY2Jx, Walrus and SlimJim. I have simply edited it further to I hope a more pleasurable place so we can all enjoy it like I currently am.

I am not looking for kudos or credit (as I don't deserve any!!!) as lets face it I haven't put in the hard mileage those guys have, full stop. But I just couldn't let such an amazing mod and time period fall by the wayside.

Thanks goes to Gazwefc83, Justtxyank and sabin357 for the crazy pic pack that makes this game now far more immersive than before!!! Amazing!!!

If I have missed anyone in the credits please let me know!!!!

Important to note is that when playing you will need to check the events to make them active as they are currently mostly dormant (e.g. Wrestlemania when playing as WWF) .

I will be consistently tweaking and editing so any feedback will be appreciated to make this amazing time in history more enjoyable for all of us.

Download Links Below

Pic Pack

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's strange, all folders are there when I open it.

I have posted an alternative link on Mediafire, please let me know if it works for you. :)

I've just downloaded it myself from Mediafire and all pics and folders are there, so hopefully will be all ok for you.

How far into the future can you play this? Just a rough estimate?

Huge question and I haven't tested its longevity past 5 years. There are lots and lots of future workers, all the way till workers debuting in the early 2000's. So At least a good 15 to 18 years....

Might be a good shout to add more workers and I shall indeed now....how many years do you usually play for? :)

Huge question and I haven't tested its longevity past 5 years. There are lots and lots of future workers, all the way till workers debuting in the early 2000's. So At least a good 15 to 18 years....

Might be a good shout to add more workers and I shall indeed now....how many years do you usually play for? :)

I don't usually get time to invest in a game, so I'm a bad judge. 5-8 sounds good, any more than that is a bonus. I'm looking for a golden era game, so this sounds like the one!

Question: Until what year should be considered this mod to play?

He answered this question right above you.

leeroybrown

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitehallway View Post

How far into the future can you play this? Just a rough estimate?

Might be a good shout to add more workers and I shall indeed now....how many years do you usually play for?

Ive been playing the original Jaysin version and really enjoying it. What would you suggest importing into my save, is it import friendly (i.e. have you renamed any workers or just added new ones) so that I can import without risking any worker dupes.

Thank you very much for picking this up.

Ive been playing the original Jaysin version and really enjoying it. What would you suggest importing into my save, is it import friendly (i.e. have you renamed any workers or just added new ones) so that I can import without risking any worker dupes.

Thank you very much for picking this up.

Not many new workers, I am currently working on them now (jobbers and future workers). Shouldn't be any issue in importing.

Main changes so far are re-worked stats across majority of workers, worker potentials, worker attributes, pictures matched up (events, belts, tv etc), company AI behaviour fixes, more stable names, tag teams.

Just trying to put finishing touches on an already great mod and ensuring it had a place to live where it can be found front and centre. :)

Version 4.2 uploaded (Also On First Post): https://www.mediafire.com/file/2o3f24ystj5qdsr/1985_-_4.2.zip/file

Changes

- Tweaks to all worker stats

- Tweaks to worker attributes

- Tweaks and additions of future worker potentials

- Removal of colour, announcing and refereeing for high potential wrestlers

- Fixed Steroid Users being shown as Former Steroid Users

- Addition of some more future workers

- Some picture changes of workers

- Written Contract's all adjusted to more affordable levels

- All written contracts lengths worked on

Upcoming changes for 4.3

- All ager pictures fixed to be in same sticker format (over 1700 pics to do one by one)

- Edit all future worker body types as currently mostly set to average

Version 4.2 uploaded (Also On First Post): https://www.mediafire.com/file/2o3f24ystj5qdsr/1985_-_4.2.zip/file

Changes

- Tweaks to all worker stats

- Tweaks to worker attributes

- Tweaks and additions of future worker potentials

- Removal of colour, announcing and refereeing for high potential wrestlers

- Fixed Steroid Users being shown as Former Steroid Users

- Addition of some more future workers

- Some picture changes of workers

- Written Contract's all adjusted to more affordable levels

- All written contracts lengths worked on

Upcoming changes for 4.3

- All ager pictures fixed to be in same sticker format (over 1700 pics to do one by one)

- Edit all future worker body types as currently mostly set to average

Happy to see this picked up by someone. I began working on the mod but I will allow you to do that sir. Good work so far. If you don't mind me asking, when can we expect 4.3?

hey great mod thanks guys.

just one thing, i simed few years and i noticed that all the companies automatically set their events to dormant why is that?

That is due to many companies having their schedule set as TV or Monthly. If the promotion has a TV Show then it will set the events to Dormant. I will tweak this in 4.3. I would suggest putting some to fixed (like WWF and JCP). But I have pretty much finished that now so will upload a quick version. The Agers...are taking an......

Here is the updated data that will mostly fix that to a degree, not finished completely for 4.3 but should make events run more realistically:

Version 4.2b

https://www.mediafire.com/file/x3tn4251khp89ye/1985_-_4.2b.zip/file