Risky Business - 1985

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Johnny Fenoli said:

Just looking to see if anyone has an updated version of this mod? I'm trying to find something good in the years 80-85,

There are no alternatives to this (as far as I know) unless you're willing to go up a few years and use Fleisch's 1992 mod. But this mod is pretty good IMO. Just not sure about the viability of a long term save since companies like WCW never form.

23 minutes ago, Paxlux said:

There are no alternatives to this (as far as I know) unless you're willing to go up a few years and use Fleisch's 1992 mod. But this mod is pretty good IMO. Just not sure about the viability of a long term save since companies like WCW never form.

Oh, I wasn't looking for an alternative per say. I was just wondering if there has been a recent update that people have put together of this one.

• 3 months later...

Enjoying this mod. Not sure if it's still being updated, but a couple of things I've noticed starting up a game as Championship Wrestling from Florida:

• The Missing Link should be a Heel, not a Face
  • Dutch Mantel should be a Face, not a Heel
  • Pez Whatley should be a Face, not a Heel
  • Fidel Sierra was not working for CWF (not sure he ever did)
  • Jesse Barr was still Florida Heavyweight Champion as 1985 started (the title got vacated after a DDQ match between him and Blair on January 1, as part of a feud. They met again January 2, 3, 5, 6 before Balir beat Barr to win the upheld title on January 8).
  • Jay & Mark Youngblood should be set as a tag team

Also, not sure if intentional, but CWF have no televison deal in-game, even though they had in real life. This could be because of gameplay reason (they're not big enough to get a TV deal as the game starts).

Right, that makes sense. (Should have a mask and another name/gimmick, then.) The Saint teamed up a lot with Jim Neidhart & Krusher Kruschev (which should be added as a regular tag team from around September/October 1984). I'd say the three men had a Stable going (though Neidhart was gone by February).

Another thing I noticed is The Freebirds are set as Heels. I'm not too familiar with their work in Florida, but at least they started out as popular Babyfaces, helping out other Faces, fighting the Heel tag teams of the territory. I see them facing Blair, Graham etc. from mid-March, so I'm guessing they turned Heel before they left a month later. I'd say The Freebirds should be a Stable as well.

Not sure if Skip Young was known as Skip Young at the time, or if they only called him Sweet Brown Sugar at the time (without the mask).

16 hours ago, Chrom said:

Right, that makes sense. (Should have a mask and another name/gimmick, then.) The Saint teamed up a lot with Jim Neidhart & Krusher Kruschev (which should be added as a regular tag team from around September/October 1984). I'd say the three men had a Stable going (though Neidhart was gone by February).

Another thing I noticed is The Freebirds are set as Heels. I'm not too familiar with their work in Florida, but at least they started out as popular Babyfaces, helping out other Faces, fighting the Heel tag teams of the territory. I see them facing Blair, Graham etc. from mid-March, so I'm guessing they turned Heel before they left a month later. I'd say The Freebirds should be a Stable as well.

Not sure if Skip Young was known as Skip Young at the time, or if they only called him Sweet Brown Sugar at the time (without the mask).

Hell I just found out Dutch Mantel was the Booker from the time Dusty Rhodes left, and Wahoo McDaniel took over. I always heard Michael Hayes had the book in January until Wahoo took over. Reason the Freebirds left was because Terry Gordy and Wahoo got into a disagreement. 

4 hours ago, alvarasus said:

Hell I just found out Dutch Mantel was the Booker from the time Dusty Rhodes left, and Wahoo McDaniel took over. I always heard Michael Hayes had the book in January until Wahoo took over. Reason the Freebirds left was because Terry Gordy and Wahoo got into a disagreement. 

This seems plausible. Some bookers like to put themselves up top, and Mantel had a match against NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair in the beginning of 1985, while Wahoo had the same position later that year. Hayes seems a little young to be the booker in 1984-1985.

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2022 at 9:26 AM, Shockmaster said:

is Leeroybrown still around and working on this mod?

Risky Business 1985 is by far my favorite mod but I edit the origin database similar like outb0undflight did.

I hope the mod could be further supported and updated. I mean it just needs little tweaks here or there to make it perfect.

Sorry, life took over as always and just had no time!!!!! It's not really mine to ask for permission solely to update and amend so if anyone wants to take up the mantle please do! Just make sure to ask and credit all the people I credited in my original post :) I might get back into TEW again, I'm hoping though that PWS will pick up the torch as there are some glaring issues still with 2020. This is still my favourite era of wrestling up to around 92.