Ways to make fights more exciting/decisive?

Hello,

I'm trying to build my own database with my own fighters, and have created them following some basic guidelines from the default database in terms of stats distributions.

However I'm finding that fights I simulate rarely end with a decisive finish, and most go to decisions, EVEN when I put the fight to 30 or even 60 minutes with only 1 round (so, no breaks). Seems like they can fight for much longer than real life MMA and I still won't get anything too exciting going on and usually get a decision ending.

What would be some good ways to spice things up and make fights end more decisively and maybe even more quickly without completely ruining the balance of the game? (as I said fights can last 30-60 mins no problem without too much happening which seems unrealistic to me, but maybe I'm wrong? I'm not big into watching real life MMA)

Thanks!

Making your own db isn't easy. Try and use the default db as a model, meaning all stat values have to have more or less the same proportions. Power and skill levels shouldn't be significantly better or worse that the defensive skill average. I'm assuming the latter is the case for your db.

Or you can try and set the main players first and quicksim a lot matches until you're satisfied with the result. Then go from there creating the 'lesser' workers.

There could be many reasons for this:

1. Punch/kick power of the fighters

2. High "Chin" stats (which would reduce the chance of KO's) or high defensive submission skills (which would reduce the chance of someone tapping out)

3. Attributes you've given to the fighters with regards to how they'll fight, if you've got a lot of "Wall and Stall" or "Lay and Pray" attributes for example.

4. Are the fighters relatively equal in skill?

Having fights going for 30 or 60 mins would likely have the opposite effect that you're looking for, there's a reason that fights are only 3 x 5 mins or 5 x 5 mins for title fights in the UFC now. While people can potentially fight for 60 minutes with no breaks they'd have to have exceptional cardio to be up to their usual standard. As time goes on in the fight they'll slow down and won't have the same power in their shots or strength in their submissions.