United Promotions Japan - Can You Hear The Thunder? [TVerse]

Vb6Winc.jpg

qndI1mz.jpg

UNITED PROMOTIONS JAPAN - CAN YOU HEAR THE THUNDER?

A Thunderverse Dynasty by falling_star

There's a distant sound rising up from the east, a clap of thunder sounding around the mountain. It is cloudy in The Land of the Rising Sun, a dark fog heavy in the sky as the storm gathers. But we seek not shelter in the rain for we are the storm. Can you feel the rumble? Can you hear the thunder calling to you?

We are United Promotions Japan, the descendants of Ozeki; the thunder around the mountain. We are the leaders in puroresu. Fear not the storm and join us at the Summit.

So, I guess I wasn't gone long? I was already kicking around some formatting and ideas for this even before my OS corrupted and necessitated the end of TCW Wonderland. My buddy Dalton sold me on trying out the Thunderverse long before the Rey de Reyes version was released this past Friday. I actually loaded up TEW2016 and checked out some of it, but couldn't get into a game after playing TEW2020 for so long. Just like TCW Wrestling Wonderland was my first long-term save in TEW2020, this UPJ game will be my first long-term Thunderverse game.

Thanks to MHero and the whole Thunderverse team for all the hard work providing this community with quality content. As always, in addition to Dalton, I wanna thank my other Coalition cohorts Historian and Sco xY2Jx for constantly helping me find inspiration and encouraging me in everything I do. Thanks to CGN91 for inspiring some of the formatting with his White Canvas Grappling dynasty (and for his kind words letting me know it was okay to borrow some of his coding). And a final thanks to everyone who has ever read or commented on any of my past/previous dynasties.

Buckle up, and let's take this (hopefully long) journey together in United Promotions Japan.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<div style="width:1000px;padding:7px;border-right: 10px groove #708090;border-left: ridge 10px #708090;background:rgba(169,169,169,0.43)margin:10px;background: #F9F9F9; max-width:60%";">

Vb6Winc.jpg

<div style="font-weight:normal;border-top:2px solid rgb(112,128,144);"></div><div style="font-weight:normal;border-top:2px solid rgb(000,000,000);"></div>

UNITED PROMOTIONS JAPAN TALENT ROSTER

OdprggP.jpg

KINJO-JIDAI

RB75vLx.jpgj037DhE.jpgnNKRKyU.jpgtfemrJk.jpg

KINTARO KINJO | KATSUHIKO ISHII | MR. YAMASHITA | TORTURE

ygItx8X.jpg

WAOTAKA EDA

BO0hyfw.jpgNx4CkeV.jpg6zepXfk.jpg

DUSTIN LEFEVER | AKITO NAKADA | HARUKO YAMADA

<div style="font-weight:normal;border-top:2px solid rgb(112,128,144);"></div><div style="font-weight:normal;border-top:2px solid rgb(000,000,000);"></div>

4phGq4M.jpg

HALL OF THE UNITED THRONE

DjzAcJo.jpglPeBvEa.jpgksPmH4q.jpgpd63Vas.jpg

HYOTARU ICHIGAWA | CAPTAIN UPJ | DAIJIRO OTSUKA | OTOJIRO IKINA

awkjk7a.jpg

TAKANORI SAKURAI

MsJZWvt.jpgLnTOWUx.jpgFB07VLt.jpgeD3tN86.jpg

RYOTARO NARUTO | JIN FUJIWARA | SHOGUN | HIRYU

5N9pzY3.jpg

HARDROCKCITY

8DeYjQS.jpgzYEAN6f.jpgiqSbHLP.jpgw1vCkI5.jpg

JURO DEGUCHI | AMADO OCAMPO | APOLINARIO | DANGER ASAHARA

8UldGw9.jpg

TOKI INK

qIueBnS.jpgDFbflJm.jpgG44nigs.jpgO3hHlSo.jpg

CAMERON CODY | JUNICHI MATSUO | HIDETSUGU GENJI | JOAO IWAHARA

W2Lp7Jh.jpg

IGNITE MUSCLE ARMY

31In7tx.jpg29htpTc.jpgswHADqj.jpgBSJL6hL.jpg

KATO | ERIK VAN RIJN | ATONGA | BRUISER CASSIDY

yRhYjLL.jpg6xNkCGf.jpgb6SsdcD.jpg

TAHEIJI EBISAWA | TAKEHIDE HARADA | ALVARO BUEY III

NON-AFFILIATED HEAVYWEIGHTS

2dzNGZi.jpgRqZIEs0.jpgRWnGf1l.jpgftCnYFy.jpg

GO TAKASHI | JAYDEN COLE | KOJI YAMADA | KOMA KOBIASHI

7TtFWJv.jpgH3GVOpb.jpgU4DvdVb.jpg

LOBO | ODA YAMAWAKI | UKON KAJAHARA

HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAMS

PURE MUSCLE (ATONGA & TAHEIJI EBISAWA)

EXPLOSIVE SPEAK (KINTARO KINJO & KATUSHIKO ISHII)

FILIPINO FIRE POWER (AMADO OCAMPO & APOLINARIO)

PUNKROCKCITY (DANGER ASAHARA & TOKI INK)

SMASH ‘N’ GRAB (KOMA KOBIASHI & KOJI YAMADA)

STRENGTH THROUGH HONOUR (STRENGTH OGAWA & HONOUR KATSUMOTO)

VANGUARD (TAKANORI SAKURAI & OTOJIRO IKINA)

WAOTAKA EDA & TORTURE

NON-AFFILIATED JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHTS

svezqXi.jpgsm8I3wA.jpg2nHNx2S.jpgTj7hbwq.jpg

FUROSUTO | KOZUE | UTAMARA | KAMEI TAKAUJI

jJAkw6g.jpg5W3Z13S.jpgDxZbtzy.jpge3LNYqB.jpg

KYLE WALKER | CHARLES DAYTON | JACKSON KYLE | NAKANO YUKI

UCxgaJl.jpgD01lJGZ.jpgn7vFuIG.jpg

FERGUS STORM | RYUKO MISHAMOTO | DAGA VERDE |

AnmnGaU.jpgWlb4ymc.jpg

DEREK GRACE | MAGNUM IDOL

JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAMS

CAMERON CODY & JUNICHI MATSUO

AKITO NAKADA & HARUKO YAMADA

THE DREAM (KOZUE & MAGNUM IDOL)

THE NEON EXPRESS (CHARLES DAYTON & JACKSON KYLE)

TOKYO TIGERS (NAKANO YUKI & RYUKO MISHAMOTO)

WILD (HIDETSUGU GENJI & JOAO IWAHARA)

</div>

<div style="width:1000px;padding:7px;border-right: 10px groove #708090;border-left: ridge 10px #708090;background:rgba(169,169,169,0.43)margin:10px;background: #F9F9F9; max-width:60%";">

Vb6Winc.jpg

UNITED PROMOTIONS JAPAN CHAMPIONS ROLE CALL

RB75vLx.jpg

EAw25u8.jpg

UPJ INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

"THE GOD EMPEROR"

KINTARO KINJO

swHADqj.jpgyRhYjLL.jpg

rXmR2MI.jpgrXmR2MI.jpg

UPJ INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

PURE MUSCLE

(ATONGA & TAHEIJI EBISAWA)

LnTOWUx.jpg

9nNccDu.jpg

UPJ JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

"THE STEAMPUNK ASSASSIN"

JIN FUJIWARA

qIueBnS.jpgDFbflJm.jpg

A4ado7U.jpgA4ado7U.jpg

UPJ JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

CAMERON CODY & JUNICHI MATSUO

XYV8JhD.jpg6w5IjYd.jpg

dWTgBPB.jpg

BLUE RHINO CUP 2021

STRENGTH THROUGH HONOUR

SHOW HISTORY

Blue Rhino Tour 2021, Night Five

Blue Rhino Tour 2021, Night Seven

Blue Rhino Tour 2021, Night Eight

Blue Rhino Tour 2021, Night Nine

Blue Rhino Tour 2021, Night Ten

Blue Rhino Tour 2021, Night Eleven

Blue Rhino Cup 2021 Finals

Showdown in Gifu

Showdown in Fukuoka

Showdown in Okayama

Showdown in Hiroshima

Springtime Dash 2021, Night One

Springtime Dash 2021, Night Two

Springtime Dash 2021, Night Three

Springtime Dash 2021, Night Four

Springtime Dash 2021, Night Five

Springtime Dash 2021, Night Six

Springtime Dash 2021, Night Seven

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night One

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Two

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Three

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Four

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Five

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Six

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Seven

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Eight

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Nine

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Ten

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Eleven

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Twelve

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Thirteen

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Fourteen

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Fifteen

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Sixteen

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Seventeen

Ozeki Summit 2021, Night Eighteen

</div>

BLUE RHINO CUP 2021

With the Blue Rhino Cup tour already underway, Night 4 of the tour saw the unveiling of the official Blue Rhino Cup tournament bracket. Nights 5-10 will each see a quarter-final or semi-final matchup take place, with the finals taking place in Tokyo at our Blue Rhino Cup 2021 event, along with the announced main event of Kintaro Kinjo defending his UPJ International Heavyweight Championship against Oda Yamawaki. The rest of the card will take place as the tour unfolds.

Blue Rhino Cup 2021 will be the first-ever event broadcast via UPJ+ in addition to traditional pay per view, giving us our biggest audience ever as we begin the new year. Last year's winners Atonga & Ebisawa have to be the odds on favorite to win, but the UPJ International Tag Team Champions face a potential matchup with UPJ Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions in the semi-finals if the junior heavyweights can make it past the big bruisers in PunkRockCity.

M3khcDJ.png

*please note the typo in the brackets, the team is Strength Through Honour, not Strength Through Power

qndI1mz.jpg

UPJ Blue Rhino Cup, Night Five - January 3, 2021

Held in Gifu, Chubu, Japan in front of 1,300 fans

1. In a decent match, Bruiser Cassidy def. Álvaro Buey III in 12:47 with an Annihilation Bomb [RATING: 55]
  2. Blue Rhino Cup, Quarter Finals: In a poor match, Filipino Fire Power (Amado Ocampo & Apolinario) def. Tokyo Tigers (Nakano Yuki & Ryuko Mishamoto) in 12:35 when Ocampo pinned Mishamoto following a Greetings From The Islands [RATING: 38]
  3. In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, HardRockCity (Juro Deguchi, Danger Ashara, and TOKI INK) def. Kinjo-jidai (Mr. Yamashita, Torture, and Waotaka Eda) in 18:31 when Deguchi finished off Eda with a Hard Rock Driver [RATING: 61]
  4. In a decent match, Jin Fujiwara def. Utamara in 15:39 with a Glittering Fujiwara [RATING: 61]
  5. In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Furosuto def. Dustin LeFever in 12:52 with a First Sign of Frost [RATING: 52]
  6. In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Kinjo-jidai (Katsuhiko Ishii, Akito Nakada, and Haruko Yamada) def. Hall of the United Throne (Ryotaro Naruto, Strength Ogawa, and Honour Katsumoto) in 17:03 when Ishii pinned Katsumoto after a Ishii Knee Drop [RATING: 53]

SHOW RATING: 55

</div>

MsJZWvt.jpg

qndI1mz.jpg

UPJ PRESS RELEASE - January 4, 2021

Tokyo, Kanto, Japan

• Ryotaro Naruto has suffered an injury, necessitating that the leader of Hall of the United Throne take some time off to heal. Estimated to need a few weeks to heal, Naruto and UPJ management hope that he will be ready to return to the ring by the Blue Rhino Cup Finals taking place in Tokyo. Naruto suffered a lacerated spleen in last night’s six-man main event against Kinjo-jidai.

</div>

Glad to have you both aboard! I'm new to Thunderverse as well, so I can only hope to do the main creative lead proud with my efforts here. I plan to have up Night 6 of the Blue Rhino Cup this afternoon when I get home from work, and hopefully we'll roll into the finals before the end of the week!

Ahhhhhh, this rules to wake up and see! Surprised (pleasantly!) to see Charles Dayton and Jackson Kyle finally get their long deserved call up to the big leagues and can't wait to see Cody & Matsuo take the Blue Rhino Cup this year! ;)

Looking forward to this. I'm new to the Thunderverse and it's taking me a while to get used to all the new names and major companies. UPJ look really cool. I can't wait to learn about all the wrestlers and start picking favourites!

Great start, awesome to see so many diaries starting up since release.

Looking forward to seeing who triumphs in the Blue Rhino Cup and hope that you'll eventually make it to the Ozeki Summit; there's a huge number of potential victors but the AI always picks the same ones :rolleyes:

One thing I've noticed is that your brackets have Strength Through Honour listed as Strength Through Power.

EDIT: And echoing MHero, bonus points for hiring the Neon Express!

One thing I've noticed is that your brackets have Strength Through Honour listed as Strength Through Power.

EDIT: And echoing MHero, bonus points for hiring the Neon Express!

Total typo on my part there, I probably should've been in bed haha

I like The Neon Express as junior division guys, they should do well if I can get them some overness.

Total typo on my part there, I probably should've been in bed haha

I like The Neon Express as junior division guys, they should do well if I can get them some overness.

If they weren't both the same age (and we have already retconned them slightly younger because I didn't want them retiired!) then I'd definitely see a Strength Through Power tag team forming as a continuation. Perhaps a second-generation tag team could be on the horizon...

qndI1mz.jpg

UPJ Blue Rhino Cup, Night Six - January 5, 2021

Held in Okayama, Chugoku, Japan in front of 1,300 fans

1. Blue Rhino Cup, Quarter Finals: In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Strength Through Honour (Strength Ogawa & Honour Katsumoto) def. Akito Nakada & Haruko Yamada in 16:55 [RATING: 60]
  2. UPJ Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title: In a decent match, Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo def. WILD (Hidetsugu Genji & Joao Iwahara) to retain their titles in 14:23 [RATING: 59]
  3. In a match that had great heat and decent wrestling, Erik van Rijn def. Hyotaru Ichigawa in 13:32 [RATING: 56]
  4. UPJ Junior Heavyweight Title: In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Kozue def. Furosuto with a K-Drop II to retain his title in 18:16 [RATING: 72]
  5. In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Ignite Muscle Army (Kato, Atonga, and Teheiji Ebisawa) def. HardRockCity (Juro Deguchi, Danger Asahara, and TOKI INK) in 22:17 when Kato hit the Zero Point Slam on Asahara [RATING: 66]

</div>

dWTgBPB.jpg

qndI1mz.jpg

PRESS CONFERENCE

January 6, 2021 from Okayama, Chugoku, Japan

Presented by Star PPV, Blue Rhino, UPJ+, Future Network TV, and Fokkusutēru Whiskey

V0nTyjK.jpg

OdprggP.jpgRB75vLx.jpgj037DhE.jpg

■ The representative present for United Promotions Japan at this press conference is the legendary Kenta Sonada. He is happy to announce that several contracts have been signed for the Blue Rhino Cup Finals; the International Heavyweight Title match has been finalized with contracts signed by both champion and challenger. With that said, he takes a moment to introduce “The God Emperor” Kintaro Kinjo and his protege “God’s Favorite” Katsuhiko Ishii from the stable Kinjo-jindai.

■ Kinjo and Ishii enter the press conference wearing their ornate ring jackets before taking their seats at the table. One reporter asks Kinjo if he is preparing for Oda Yamawaki any differently than he would a stable-affiliated wrestler. Kinjo answers with a scoff and a laugh, whispering something to his protege Ishii and sharing another laugh with him before answering. ”Oda Yamawaki thinks he’s a rebel, but he’s a fool. The God Emperor doesn’t need Katsuhiko Ishii or anyone else in Kinjo-jidai in order to dispose of the great fool. Oda Yamawki will regret stepping in the ring with me, The God Emperor promises you this.”

Another reporter, an attractive female, asks if we will see their Explosive Spark team in action during the Blue Rhino Cup tour. Kinjo begins to answer, but Ishii covers his microphone with a sly smile. “Just for you, pretty lady. God’s Favorite smiles on you today. We will bless the ring on this tour with our presence.”

After a few more questions, a reporter who is always a thorn in the side of Katsuhiko Ishii at these functions speaks up; he asks Ishii if he has anything to say to Ryotaro Naruto after reportedly injuring him in Wednesday night’s six man tag. Ishii seems angered at the question, practically snarling at the reporter after first remarking to Kinjo, ”Always with this one. Ryotaro Naruto has no one to blame but himself for this injury, it is just one more on the long list of injuries the little man has suffered in his career. He’s always taped up or limping around for the sympathy of the people, groveling like some sycophant to squeeze one more once of love out of the crowd. Who needs you people?”

4phGq4M.jpgMsJZWvt.jpg

■ These comments bring out Ryotaro Naruto himself, moving slowly and with his midsection wound in tape. He leans on the end of the table, speaking into the microphone closest to him as he stares down The God Emperor and God’s Favorite. ”Just know, Katsuhiko Ishii… when I come back, I’m coming for you!” These hostile words bring Kinjo & Ishii to their feet, causing Kenta Sonada to get between Naruto and the men who make up Explosive Spark. The legendary Sonada says some words to all three men that the microphones can’t pick up, but it is clear the UPJ authority demands order from their talent. It takes a moment to clear the table of angry talent before Sonada can begin conducting things again.

UCxgaJl.jpg

■ Kenta Sonada mentions UPJ’s legendary Junior Heavyweight division, and how it has always attracted competitors from around the globe. He would like to introduce the latest signing to the division, a man who continues that global tradition: Scotland’s own Fergus Storm. The dashing Scot comes out and takes a seat, waving off questions at first to make a statement. ”United Promotions Japan has been a dream of mine for a long, long time. Now, I’ve traveled the world over, wrestled everywhere from America to a few miles from my own home in Edinburgh. That said, I’m not here to be anyone’s young boy or to get kicked around and wait my turn in line! I said UPJ was a dream of mine, but I’m going to make it a nightmare for anyone that stands in my way! I am here to be the best, to beat the best, and claim my place at the Summit of Wrestling. I am Fergus Storm, and you will all know my name. No questions, ya ***********!”

W2Lp7Jh.jpgswHADqj.jpgyRhYjLL.jpg

■ Sonada looks appalled at Storm’s behavior as the man stands and leaves, shaking his head and apologizing to the reporters. He presses on, taking a moment to thank their sponsors, in particular Blue Rhino, for sponsoring the tour and the Blue Rhino Cup. He talks up the short history of the Cup before introducing last year's winners, Atonga & Taheiji Ebisawa.

■ The first question asked of them is how they feel about the competition in this year’s bracket. Ebisawa fields this question, saying their competition is non-existent. ”How many Junior Heavyweight teams are there this year? [laughs] We face some little guys, PunkRockCity faces some little guys with gold… did they really do an even split of divisions and expect us not to repeat?”

A second reporter asks if they’ve thought about the non-Juniors in the tournament, and Atonga slams his fist down on the table. ”Didn’t you hear the man? The competition is non-existent! You think we give a damn about PunkRockCity? Strength Through Honour? We meet the Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions? So what?! We meet Filipino Fire Power? So what?! We own this Cup! Blue Rhino Cup, two time champions! Ignite Muscle Army!” Atonga throws up his familiar hand sign that designates him a member of Ignite Muscle Army, then barks into the microphone.

After a few more questions, Kenta Sonda interjects and says that’s all they have time for this morning. He hypes up the remaining nights of the Blue Rhino Cup tour, mentioning that the Semi Finals matches will take place on nights nine and ten of the tour. He says there is a tour itinerary available for the press on their way out.

UPCOMING SHOWS & PARTIAL CARDS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

Blue Rhino Cup Tour, Night 7 - January 7, 2021

“God’s Favorite” Katsuhiko Ishii versus Oda Yamawaki

Blue Rhino Cup, Quarter Finals: Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo versus PunkRockCity (Danger Asahara & TOKI INK)

Blue Rhino Cup Tour, Night 8 - January 8, 2021

Explosive Spark (Kintaro Kinjo & Katsuhiko Ishii) versus Vanguard (Takanori Sakurai & Otojiro Ikina)

Juro Deguchi versus Erik van Rijn

Blue Rhino Cup, Quarter Finals: Atonga & Taheiji Ebisawa versus The Neon Express (Charles Dayton & Jackson Kyle)

Blue Rhino Cup Tour, Night 9 - January 9, 2021

Blue Rhino Cup, Semi-Finals TBD

Blue Rhino Cup Tour, Night 10 - January 11, 2021

Blue Rhino Cup, Semi-Finals TBD

Blue Rhino Cup Tour, Night 11 - January 12, 2021

Six Man Tag Match: Ignite Muscle Army (TBD) versus Hall of the United Throne (TBD)

Blue Rhino Cup Finals - January 14, 2021

UPJ International Heavyweight Title Match “The God Emperor” Kintaro Kinjo © versus Oda Yamawaki

UPJ Junior Heavyweight Title Match Kozue © versus TBD

Blue Rhino Cup, Finals TBD

</div>

Great press conference! I know from experience that it can be hard to develop storylines in diaries when you use a touring format (mainly because the tour shows themselves can be quite repetitive), so this is a great way of doing it.

I'm not familiar with the T-Verse at all, but the renders are super clean and there seem to be some great characters. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

qndI1mz.jpg

UPJ Blue Rhino Cup, Night Seven - January 7, 2021

Held in Kumamoto, Kyushu, Japan in front of 1,200 fans

1. Blue Rhino Cup, Quarter Finals: In a decent match, Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo def. PunkRockCity (Danger Asahara & TOKI INK) in 15:35 when Cody pinned Asahara with an Anti-Gravity Matric [RATING: 66]
  2. Captain UPJ came out and hyped up the crowd before being interrupted by Kato [RATING: 48]
  3. In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Kato def. Captain UPJ in 16:23 with a Running Hawk [RATING: 63]
  4. In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Furosuto def. Kyle Walker in 13:23 by submission with Frostbite [RATING: 52]
  5. In a decent match, HardRockCity (Juro Deguchi, Amando Ocampo, and Apolinario) def. Hall of the United Throne (Hyotaro Ichigawa, Takanori Sakurai, and Otojiro Ikina) in 12:23 when Deguchi submitted Ikina with a Deguchi Hold [RATING: 48]
  6. In a match with fantastic heat and great wrestling, Oda Yamawaki def. Katsuhiko Ishii in 26:26 with a Tokyo Tower [RATING: 78]

SHOW RATING: 72

</div>

qndI1mz.jpg

UPJ Blue Rhino Cup, Night Eight - January 8, 2021

Held in Takamatsu, Shikoku, Japan in front of 1,000 fans

1. In a decent match, Dustin LeFever def. SHOGUN in 15:04 with an Ego Trip [RATING: 56]
  2. Blue Rhino Cup, Quarter Finals: In a poor match, Atonga & Taheiji Ebisawa def. The Neon Express (Charles Dayton & Jackson Kyle) in 12:47 after Atonga hit Kyle with a Samoan Driver [RATING: 54]
  3. In a bout that had good heat but sub-par wrestling, Hall of the United Throne (Hyotaru Ichigawa, Strength Ogawa, and Honour Katsumoto) def. Kinjo-jidai (Mr. Yamashita, Waotoko Eda, and Torture) in 17:08 when Katsumota pinned Yamashita after an Act of Honor [RATING: 56]
  4. In a match with good heat and decent wrestling, Explosive Spark (Kintaro Kinjo & Katshiko Ishii) def. Vanguard (Takanori Sakurai & Otojiro Ikina) in 15:07 when Kinjo pinned Ikina with a Godkill [RATING: 68]
  5. In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Juro Deguchi def. Erik van Rijn in 23:08 with a Hard Rock Driver [RATING: 72]

SHOW RATING: 69

</div>

qndI1mz.jpg

UPJ Blue Rhino Cup, Night Nine - January 9, 2021

Held in Kyoto, Kansai, Japan in front of 1,500 fans

1. Blue Rhino Cup, Semi-Finals: In a decent match, Strength Through Honour (Strength Ogawa & Honour Katsumoto) def. Filipino Fire Power (Amado Ocampo & Apolinario) in 16:30 when Ogawa pinned Ocampo after a Strength of Courage [RATING: 55]
  2. In a decent match, Jin Fujiwara def. Dustin LeFever in 17:48 with a Glittering Fujiwara [RATING: 53]
  3. In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Ignite Muscle Army (Kato, Erik van Rijn, and Takehide Harada) def. Kinjo-jidai (Mr. Yamashita, Torture, and Waotaka Eda) in 17:29 when van Rijn pinned Eda [RATING: 66]
  4. In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Hyotaru Ichigawa def. Bruiser Cassidy in 17:36 with a Dragon Suplex [RATING: 57]
  5. In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Explosive Spark (Kintaro Kinjo & Katsuhiko Ishii) def. PunkRockCity (Danger Asahara & TOKI INK) in 23:18 when Kinjo pinned TOKI INK after a Blue Flash [RATING: 74]

SHOW RATING: 69

</div>

qndI1mz.jpg

UPJ Blue Rhino Cup, Night Ten - January 11, 2021

Held in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan in front of 1,300 fans

1. In a poor match, Des Miller def. Lobo in 14:41 with a Boom Goes the Dynamite [RATING: 54]
  2. Blue Rhino Cup, Semi-Finals: In a match with good heat and decent wrestling, Atonga & Taheiji Ebisawa def. Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo in 17:32 when Atonga pinned Cody after a Samoan Driver [RATING: 63]
  3. In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Mr. Yamashita def. Jayden Cole in 12:47 after a Driven Underground [RATING: 50]
  4. In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Kinjo-jidai (Kintaro Kinjo, Katsuhiko Ishii, Akito Nakada, and Haruko Yamada) def. Hall of the United Throne (Hyotaru Ichigawa, Captain UPJ, Jin Fujiwara, and SHOGUN) in 25:32 when Ishii pinned Captain UPJ after a Thunder Death Driver [RATING: 48]
  5. In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Oda Yamawaki def. Juro Deguchi in 33:30 by pinfall after a Tokyo Tower [RATING: 61]

SHOW RATING: 58

</div>

qndI1mz.jpg

UPJ Blue Rhino Cup, Night Eleven - January 12, 2021

Held in Tokyo, Kanto, Japan in front of 1,785 fans

1. In a poor match, Akita Nakada & Haruko Yamada def. The Neon Express in 13:14 when Nakada pinned Kyle after a Nakada Driver I [RATING: 53]
  2. In a bout that had good heat but sub-par wrestling, Mr Yamashita def. Takehide Harada in 16:36 after a Driven Underground [RATING: 49]
  3. In a decent match, Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo def. Tokyo Tigers (Nakano Yuki & Ryuko Mishamoto) in 12:39 when Cody pinned Mishamoto after an Anti-Gravity Matrix [RATING: 59]
  4. In a decent match, Hall of the United Throne (Captain UPJ, Daijiro Otsuka, and SHOGUN) def. Utamara & Smash ‘n’ Grab (Koma Kobiashi & Koji Yamada) in 14:49 when Captain UPJ pinned Utamara after a United Pumphandle [RATING: 57]
  5. In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Kinjo-jidai (Katsuhiko Ishii, Torture, and Waotaka Eda) def. Ignite Muscle Army (Erik van Rijn, Atonga, and Taheiji Ebisawa) in 21:48 when Ishii pinned van Rijn after an Ishii Knee Drop [RATING: 71]

SHOW RATING: 67

</div>

dWTgBPB.jpg

qndI1mz.jpg

PRESS CONFERENCE

January 13, 2021 from Saitama, Kanto, Japan

Presented by Star PPV, Blue Rhino, UPJ+, and Fokkusutēru Whiskey

V0nTyjK.jpg

]swHADqj.jpgyRhYjLL.jpg

XYV8JhD.jpg6w5IjYd.jpg

■ As he has been for every stop on the Blue Rhino Cup Tour, Kenta Sonada is the representative present for United Promotions Japan at this press conference. He welcomes the press on behalf of UPJ and Blue Rhino, and says that this year’s tournament has been the most exciting yet. He says it has been hard fought, and the men who will meet in the finals have earned their chance to claim the Cup this year. Sonada then introduces the teams that will meet in the finals, Atonga & Taheiji Ebisawa and Strength Through Honour (Strength Ogawa & Honour Katsumoto).

Both teams enter respectfully and take their places at the table, microphones in front of each man. The first reporter to ask a question turns his attention to Strength Through Honour, asking the veterans how they feel matching up against last year’s Cup winners. Honour Katsumoto fields the question. “We feel very good, and we like our chances in the finals. The other team are worthy opponents, but no match for the strength, honour, and integrity his team offers in the ring.”

Atonga & Ebisawa are obviously amused by this answer, but they keep quiet until they are asked a question by another reporter a few minutes later; he asks if they feel up to the challenge of repeating their finals win. Atonga nods emphatically. “Yeah, we feel up to the challenge… like it’s no challenge at all, really. I mean, look at them… ain’t had a title between them in what? Four years? Five? Still clodding around the ring like they got something to prove to somebody. Ya old news, boys. Old news. Ignite Muscle Army!” A bark and the hand sign from Atonga end his comments as always.

After both teams field a few more questions, Sonoda announces each team once again and bids them farewell from the table.

UCxgaJl.jpg

■ Kenta Sonada says that there is a night of unmatched action planned for UPJ’s legendary Junior Heavyweight division, but before he continue a rowdy gaijin enters the press conference, jawing disrespectfully at Sonada all the while. Fergus Storm grabs one of the microphones and proceeds to rant at the reporters. “I just wanted to come out here and reiterate what I said last time I talked to you lot. Fergus Storm is here to beat the best! It doesn’t matter who thinks they can step to me, I’m here to prove that I’m the best of the best. I’ll be cleared to get in the ring very soon, and then you’ll see... you’ll all see. What, Sonada? Yeah, yeah, it’s not how you do things here… it’s how I do things, so ya best get used to it!”

qIueBnS.jpgDFbflJm.jpg

A4ado7U.jpgA4ado7U.jpg

Nx4CkeV.jpg6zepXfk.jpg

■ Sonada again looks appalled at Storm’s behavior as the man stands and leaves, shaking his head and apologizing to the reporters. He announces that Fergus Storm might be a great talent, but he isn’t immune to being fined for his behavior. But, moving on, he reiterates that the Junior Heavyweight division will have a strong showing at the Blue Rhino Cup Finals. Several contracts have been signed, and he is pleased to bring out the UPJ Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions, Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo of HardRockCity. After they come out, waving and bowing to the reporters, they take their seats before Sonada introduces their opponents, from Kinjo-jidai, Akito Nakada & Haruko Yamada. The heels come out sneering, wearing trendy clothing and making a point of moving their seats further away from the champions than they were already sat.

One reporter asks Cameron Cody how he feels now as a regular with UPJ as opposed to when he was a gaijin newcomer. Cody smiles and adjusts the microphone. “You know, it feels like home now. I was so awkward when I first arrived, I was just in awe of everything. But you learn, you adjust, you grow...Junichi and I, in the ring, are starting to just feel like extensions of one another. We took these titles from Nakada and Yamada just a few short months ago, and we don’t plan on letting them go anytime soon.”

Another reporter asks Junichi Matsuo if he feels the same about his American partner, and the handsome Japanese man just smiles, nods, and says a simple, “Yes.” His playful smile draws a few laughs from the reporters, who ask a few more questions of the teams before another question of note comes up. This member of the press asks Akito Nakada if his team has learned from the mistakes that cost them the Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship in November. Nakada seems annoyed with the question. “Mistakes? There was only one mistake made, when the referee’s hand counted three… we should not have lost our championships, and we will get them back in Saitama! We will regain our gold, and lay them at the throne of The God Emperor as further proof that Kinjo-jidai is the dominant force in UPJ.”

After a few more questions, the champions take a moment to pose with their titles before the stage is cleared for the next order of business.

sm8I3wA.jpg9nNccDu.jpgLnTOWUx.jpg

■ Kenta Sonada says that the Junior Heavyweight Championship will also be on the line at the Blue Rhino Cup Finals before bringing out champion Kozue. The arrogant heel waves to the press and poses with his title before taking a seat at the table. Sonada says that this match has been brewing for a while, and now that his opponent is all healed up, the contract has been signed and the match is official. He then introduces the challenger, representing Hall of the United Throne, “The Steampunk Assassin” Jin Fujiwara. Fujiwara comes out in a vintage jacket with cogs as buttons and his trademark goggles, taking a seat and immediately eyeing the Junior Heavyweight Championship belt, which Kozue quickly slides closer to himself on the table.

A few reporters ask about Fujiwara’s injury history, but he assures them it’s all in the past and he’s ready to go. Another reporter asks if he’s ready for his first taste of solo gold, and he happily replies that he is more than ready. “More than ready, more than ready. I have been on my own for some time now, I feel my place is no longer in the Junior Heavyweight Tag Team division but as a singles star representing the Hall of the United Throne. I will bring honor that has been lacking to the Junior Heavyweight title.”

Another reporter asks Kozue how he feels about the remark that the title has been lacking honor, and the heartthrob brushes some hair out of his eyes and adjusts the title on the table in front of him. “I am insulted that he would say that. Who has been the stabilizing influence in our Junior Heavyweight division? Kozue. Who has defended this title, proudly, against all comers? Kozue. Who is a four time UPJ Junior Heavyweight Champion? Kozue! So when he says that I am lacking honor? There is none more honorable, none more proud, none more deserving… than Kozue!”

After a few more questions, the pair pose for photos and leave the stage.

RB75vLx.jpgEAw25u8.jpgH3GVOpb.jpg

■ Kenta Sonada announces a few more matches that will take place before turning his attention to the main event. “The God Emperor” Kintaro Kinjo became International Heavyweight Champion at Hall of the Immortals in November, and now faces his first challenger: the man he claimed the title from in the first place, “The Great Rebel” Oda Yamawaki. Both men enter and take seats at the table with the UPJ International Heavyweight Championship sitting directly in-between them. After a few standard questions, a member of the press asks Oda Yamawaki if he is any better prepared for the rematch. Yamawaki smirks and leans forward “That is to assume I was ill-prepared the first time around. But, need I remind you, the so-called God Emperor had his friends wearing me down for months leading into our first encounter.”

Another reporter asks if he feels any differently now about aligning with groups than he did before, Yamawaki smirks again and shakes his head. “If anything, my resolve has been strengthened; groups are for cowards. I didn’t need anyone to get where I am, with my rematch coming up tomorrow. I have bested God’s Favorite, I have jumped over every hurdle they have placed in front of me, and yet I stand ready to claim my place at the summit once again.”

The same reporter asks Kintaro Kinjo how he feels about the insinuation that he needed Kinjo-jidai to beat Yamawaki. Kinjo lets out an overacted laugh before adjusting the microphone. “Excuses! Nothing but excuses from a delusional fool. The Great Fool, Oda Yamawaki, believes himself above The God Emperor? Thinks he can… best? The God Emperor? Ha! Oda Yamawaki will not last the Godkill, and then we will be free of The Great Fool! Mark my words, this Sunday in Saitama, it is the end of The Great Fool.”

A few more questions are asked of the competitors before a reporter asks Kinjo about his tour matches as part of Explosive Spark with “God’s Favorite” Katsuhiko Ishii. Kinjo says that he enjoys teaming with Ishii, and loves to grace the ring with their presence when they are able. “Katsuhiko is a fun teammate for me. Maybe we’ll win the Tag Team titles together one day, if The God Emperor gets bored and wants to entertain other treasures. For now, I will rule over the Heavyweight division from the throne, and that will not change tomorrow night in Saitama!”

Kenta Sonada thanks everyone for coming and gets the main event foes to pose for photos before sending them off. Sonada goes on to give thanks to Blue Rhino, Star PP, and Fokkusutēru Whiskey before promoting that the Blue Rhino Cup Finals will be the first event broadcast on UPJ+ to be seen around the globe. He says that the final card for tomorrow’s show is now live their website, and that they will see everyone tomorrow night in Saitama.

BLUE RHINO CUP FINALS {FINALIZED CARD}

LIVE FROM SAITAMA - JANUARY 14, 2021

UPJ International Heavyweight Title Match “The God Emperor” Kintaro Kinjo © versus "The Great Rebel" Oda Yamawaki

UPJ Junior Heavyweight Title Match Kozue © versus "The Steampunk Assassin" Jin Fujiwara

Blue Rhino Cup, Finals: Atonga & Ebisawa versus Strength Through Honour (Strength Ogawa & Honour Katsumoto)

UPJ Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo © versus Akito Nakada & Haruko Yamada

Kato versus "God's Favorite" Katsuhiko Ishii

Ten Man Tag Match Hall of the United Throne (Hyotaru Ichigawa, Captain UPJ, Daijiro Otsuka, Otojiro Ikina, and Takanori Sakurai) versus HardRockCity (Juro Deguchi, Danger Asahara, TOKI INK, Hidetsugu Genji, and Joao Iwahara)

Ignite Muscle Army (Erik van Rijn & Bruiser Cassidy) versus Filipino Fire Power (Amado Ocampo & Apolinario)

SHOGUN versus Dustin LeFever

Smash ‘n’ Grab (Koma Kobiashi & Koji Yamada) versus Kinjo-jidai (Waotaka Eda & Torture)

Des Miller versus Álvaro Buey III

Furosuto & Tokyo Tigers (Nakano Yuki & Ryuto Mishamoto) versus Utamara & The Neon Express (Charles Dayton & Jackson Kyle)

</div>

So, this is the basic format that I'll be using for this dynasty. Rapid fire tour results over a couple of days, a final press conference that will have a prediction key as the {FINALIZED CARD} at the bottom, and then allow some time for predictions before I post the bigger shows. I'll be keeping track of predictions for a future, undecided prize on this one!

Hope you're all enjoying so far, I look forward to seeing your predictions for the Blue Rhino Cup Finals!