Mod makers

Or maybe I was around way before the point you’re talking about and saw the rules get changed to the current rules to keep those people happy who ended up saying nobody can use my stuff even with credit and I’m going. The mass exodus was after the rules got put in place to suit these people.

Half the mods at some point have used other peoples stuff or started with a different owner other than the current owner.

The state of TEW and modding was in a much better place when mods were shared and used by other people.

I've been around the whole time, what you're saying is nonsense. The people you're not-so-subtly putting on blast even continued modding for the game after the rules changed, 2020 is the only game they don't mod for because they don't enjoy it, and again, after the ungodly amount of time they've put in to provide you with free entertainment and frankly after all the money they've helped make for Grey Dog, you're just making yourself sound like an entitled fool with posts like this.

Won't post anymore because I think what you're saying alone is enough proof that you've got some weird grudge you need to let go of. If you really care so passionately about the state of the TEW modding scene rather than what mods you have available to you, go ahead and make one.

Or maybe I was around way before the point you’re talking about and saw the rules get changed to the current rules to keep those people happy who ended up saying nobody can use my stuff even with credit and I’m going. The mass exodus was after the rules got put in place to suit these people.

Half the mods at some point have used other peoples stuff or started with a different owner other than the current owner.

The state of TEW and modding was in a much better place when mods were shared and used by other people.

Doesn't matter when you were around. The take is still a bad one IMO.

The state of TEW was in a much better place before TEW **** the bed with the 2020 release. Not only did it disappoint so many modders, but the boards then became incredibly hostile as well, and not just from trolls, but from those running it & it pissed off many more people than just those that chose to leave. The censorship that occurs here is absurd nowadays & it started with the 2020 release because it was getting less than pure praise. In fact, this comment will almost certainly be removed, as they do not like any criticism of the product or their handling of it, no matter how it's presented.

Again, why don't you make a mod or ask to take over a mod? It solves your entire problem & allows you to contribute to a community that you are acting like you care about. If you care so much make it better by modding more. Lord knows TEW needs the free content from modders in order to continue to make money & survive to ever release something after 2020.

Doesn't matter when you were around. The take is still a bad one IMO.

The state of TEW was in a much better place before TEW **** the bed with the 2020 release. Not only did it disappoint so many modders, but the boards then became incredibly hostile as well, and not just from trolls, but from those running it & it pissed off many more people than just those that chose to leave. The censorship that occurs here is absurd nowadays & it started with the 2020 release because it was getting less than pure praise. In fact, this comment will almost certainly be removed, as they do not like any criticism of the product or their handling of it, no matter how it's presented.

Again, why don't you make a mod or ask to take over a mod? It solves your entire problem & allows you to contribute to a community that you are acting like you care about. If you care so much make it better by modding more. Lord knows TEW needs the free content from modders in order to continue to make money & survive to ever release something after 2020.

The people didn’t like 2020 because they already had an issue, he game is much better. The boards were toxic led by people who wanted to be toxic. I’ve asked before to take permission of a mod, from someone who previously took a mod over from someone else. They didn’t reply but then complained that someone that someone had tried to use their mod a few months later and said all they needed to do was ask… which was a lie because I had asked.

You do get new people coming on and changing a mod and releasing it, but grey dog have always protected that.

Some people managed to gain enough sway in the community to get people side with them, get the rules change and completely sabotage the release of 2020.

It’s a much better game than 16

The people didn’t like 2020 because they already had an issue, he game is much better. The boards were toxic led by people who wanted to be toxic. I’ve asked before to take permission of a mod, from someone who previously took a mod over from someone else. They didn’t reply but then complained that someone that someone had tried to use their mod a few months later and said all they needed to do was ask… which was a lie because I had asked.

You do get new people coming on and changing a mod and releasing it, but grey dog have always protected that.

Some people managed to gain enough sway in the community to get people side with them, get the rules change and completely sabotage the release of 2020.

I didn't like 2020 & had no previous issue. I just thought that it was a worse game at release than 2016. Both are subpar in the modern landscape of games, so hopefully the upcoming competitors offer something fun. So that first point doesn't even clear the person you're talking to, so it's all in your head.

The boards were toxic from both trolls & the ones running it, but you ignored that part of what I said. Completely ignored how they handled it very poorly & started deleting any critical comment or thread, even if completely valid & present in a completely objective way.

I can't speak for the people that didn't get back to you, but it's possible they don't want to interact with you at all because of the comments you make, like here. I know that I won't any further, so I couldn't blame them.

Still a few of us about. I have a couple of mods out. I'm currently working on a 1998 mod but it has proven to be a little trickier than the 1992 mod I released.

I now only work on things I want to play myself - which is why I quit doing the RWC mod and handed it off to Questlove. All the while I'm having fun creating, I'll continue to do so. Once I get people throwing tantrums because I gave someone 65 in psych instead of 66 is when I'll likely stop. :)

Not sure why I'm only hearing about this 98 mod just now, but I think I just got a semi at the thought of it!

I didn't like 2020 & had no previous issue. I just thought that it was a worse game at release than 2016. Both are subpar in the modern landscape of games, so hopefully the upcoming competitors offer something fun. So that first point doesn't even clear the person you're talking to, so it's all in your head.

The boards were toxic from both trolls & the ones running it, but you ignored that part of what I said. Completely ignored how they handled it very poorly & started deleting any critical comment or thread, even if completely valid & present in a completely objective way.

I can't speak for the people that didn't get back to you, but it's possible they don't want to interact with you at all because of the comments you make, like here. I know that I won't any further, so I couldn't blame them.

This is literally the type of toxic you’re talking about. Your entire post

"People only disliked TEW 2020 because they were brainwashed into it by people who weren't even active in the community! They sabotaged the game by changing the rules even though said rules were exactly the same during TEW 2016's life, which... is a game they modded for!"

Mate, posts like this are exactly why people were so annoyed when 2020 came out and exactly why a lot of modders deserted it for something else. Take the L, good lord, this is absolute lunacy.

"People only disliked TEW 2020 because they were brainwashed into it by people who weren't even active in the community! They sabotaged the game by changing the rules even though said rules were exactly the same during TEW 2016's life, which... is a game they modded for!"

Mate, posts like this are exactly why people were so annoyed when 2020 came out and exactly why a lot of modders deserted it for something else. Take the L, good lord, this is absolute lunacy.

You can try and twist it all you want. The people I am talking about disliked 20 because they already had an issue. The rule change on modding came after large arguments, the people who got the rules changed to their taste became toxic from the fallout, they carry on modding but tried their best to pull down new people modding. I am nothing to do with why people left. You think people leave a game because of me? I was merely an observer and saw both sides of the arguement and interacted with the toxic people after.

I can’t even remember the year I joined but it was a while before that because I read as a visitor.

You can try and twist it all you want. The people I am talking about disliked 20 because they already had an issue. The rule change on modding came after large arguments, the people who got the rules changed to their taste became toxic from the fallout, they carry on modding but tried their best to pull down new people modding. I am nothing to do with why people left. You think people leave a game because of me? I was merely an observer and saw both sides of the arguement and interacted with the toxic people after.

I can’t even remember the year I joined but it was a while before that because I read as a visitor.

To claim that everyone who disliked TEW2020 "already had an issue" is laughable, if they already had an issue then they wouldn't have spent $35 on it.

Personally, I disliked it upon release due to the appearance of the game, the poorly implemented tournaments feature and the fact that it didn't feel remotely ready for release, and wasn't fully ready for some months after that, although the game has of course improved in the time since to a more enjoyable calibre.

This argument about your perception of what the rules regarding mod ownership and who is and isn't toxic, is immensely flawed as you are heavily biased towards one side of the fence, and seem adamant in your stance to not listen to anybody else's opinion on the matter.

This fella is really in a whole other reality.

Also, still hasn't addressed why they don't make their own mod. They like to pick & choose which things they reply to & ignore anything else, even if it solves their entire issue of having the things they want to play. Ryland put the ability at their fingertips & instead of creating their own ideal scenario to play & share, they're **itting on people that do create. Calling others selfish for doing something they aren't willing to do themselves...I just can't wrap my head around acting like that.