[C-verse] Least Favorite People To Book

44 minutes ago, BigINMoldova said:

Nicholas Lopez and Marco Flores. I've tried about a dozen times to get a long term OLLIE save but can't get one going because of these two guys. They're at the top of the card but they're both  in their late forties. 

The last time I ran an OLLIE save, I had Lopez drop the Universal title to El Extradanario (I think that was his name) and had Flores put over El Hijo Del Mephisto.  I then proceeded to have them win the COTT tag titles for one last hurrah.

23 hours ago, Andy said:

Resurrecting this thread from the dead to say that I have not been able to book Greg Gauge and Matthew Keith for the life of me in either of my long-term saves. Outside of having them as a dominant tag team that puts on constant bangers, there is nothing for me to sink my teeth into with them. I actually find the fact that they're Sam Keith legacies makes it even harder for me to get interested in booking them as it becomes way too limiting. And maybe it's just me, but I feel like I'm pretty much locked into to giving them the World title at some point too which makes me feel more restricted when booking my main event scene as I prefer to be able to make World champions and main eventers out of slightly more unconventional workers. I just can't bring myself to give them separate feuds or give them their own runs or get invested in either of them at all.

I once booked them as Frasier and Niles Crane, complete with some "couples therapy" skits after a falling out, based on an episode of Frasier.

The one born first would call himself the big brother, they'd bicker over who was honouring their father more with their names, they'd fall out constantly over stupid stuff but ultimately always get back together etc. It was the only time I really had fun booking them, rather than just using them for strong match ratings

That said, in my alt mod they are part of a dominant heel faction in TCW with Jay Chord and Hollywood Bret Star. I haven't done a TCW run in my own mod but I think that works too as imo they need a focus and people to play off to be interesting beyond "great wrestlers"

8 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

I once booked them as Frasier and Niles Crane, complete with some "couples therapy" skits after a falling out, based on an episode of Frasier.

The one born first would call himself the big brother, they'd bicker over who was honouring their father more with their names, they'd fall out constantly over stupid stuff but ultimately always get back together etc. It was the only time I really had fun booking them, rather than just using them for strong match ratings

Honestly I love that idea a lot and I'm kicking myself that I let their contracts expire so now I can't steal it. Maybe another pair of brothers will be the lucky ones... 😉

8 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

That said, in my alt mod they are part of a dominant heel faction in TCW with Jay Chord and Hollywood Bret Star. I haven't done a TCW run in my own mod but I think that works too as imo they need a focus and people to play off to be interesting beyond "great wrestlers"

Ironically enough the 2022 C-Verse mod is where I struggled with booking them the most. I formed the Birthright in my default CVerse run of TCW and I enjoyed having them run the tag division for a while, but in the 2022 mod I found myself gravitating towards Hollywood Bret Starr above everyone else. It didn't help that they became largely directionless as a result of a storyline where Tommy Cornell (my avatar in the save) bought TCW and formed an alliance-turned-supergroup with The Birthright and protege Seth Whitehead. It somehow became even worse when I had Cornell turn on them and kick them out as they had nothing once they were done feuding with Jay Chord and Brett Starr and I felt that there was nothing I could do to separate them barring a brand split (something that has killed my interest in two of my most recent long-term saves).

In an even more ironic twist of fate, my early plans for my next Total Mayhem actually had Gauge penciled in to win the World title at some point and walking into the main event to defend it in a four way match against King of Kings winner Hollywood Bret Starr, Jay Chord, and Matthew Keith. Gauge would have won it off of a transitional champion sometime between January and March because the champion at the time, Joffy Laine, was also a face (Davis Wayne Newton was my top choice), but I ended up putting the title on Tombstone after Summer Showdown in September and fell in love with having him as champ (he was one of my first big name signings and he was repackaged as Karrion Kross if everyone saw him the way Triple H does). Now Tombstone is fresh off a face turn and is ready to main event Total Mayhem against King of Kings winner and top heel Mighty Mo while 3 out of 4 members of the four way are out of the company or are on their way out following Total Mayhem.

Edited by Andy

On 7/14/2024 at 11:19 PM, Andy said:

Resurrecting this thread from the dead to say that I have not been able to book Greg Gauge and Matthew Keith for the life of me in either of my long-term saves. Outside of having them as a dominant tag team that puts on constant bangers, there is nothing for me to sink my teeth into with them. I actually find the fact that they're Sam Keith legacies makes it even harder for me to get interested in booking them as it becomes way too limiting. And maybe it's just me, but I feel like I'm pretty much locked into to giving them the World title at some point too which makes me feel more restricted when booking my main event scene as I prefer to be able to make World champions and main eventers out of slightly more unconventional workers. I just can't bring myself to give them separate feuds or give them their own runs or get invested in either of them at all.

The way I've booked them in at least two saves is that Greg is jealous of Matthew. Despite being twins, Matthew is slightly bigger, slightly better, slightly more likely to become a star, was signed to a big company (Burning Hammer) before Greg and so on. Every time Greg tries to accomplish something on his own, Matthew shows up to save him / steal his thunder / one-up him. I've played Matthew as a face, oblivious to what he's doing, and as a heel, taking perverse but subtle delight in being better than his twin. They've been a team (with Matt usually getting the hot tag and win) and singles guys and eventually of course, they have a big fall out and feud, before coming together again later because ultimately blood is thicker than water. I've been able to get years of booking out of this premise.

• Like 5

I always struggle with Darkness Cat. While her aerial ability is great, her other skills are mediocre at best, so she usually jobs out frequently, and unless I find she has good tag chemistry with someone, she's usually not involved in any major storylines I come up with.