Going Global: What Non-American Promotion Should I Use?

I am wanting to start a new game with the default cornellverse, but wanting to do something different. I have not broadened my horizons past American promotions, usually TCW. I want to take on a promotion from another country and make them a worldwide promotion.

I am thinking about using an Australian company just because I have a partiality to that area, no other real reason.

What promotions would you suggest, Australian or not, just not American, to try and make Global that would be a bit of fun to play with.

If you're looking for Australia specifically then ZEN is my go to. They have a fun and talented roster and no real threat of losing their workers. You could also start your own company with all the unemployed workers.

In Japan I love WLW and Exodus2010. In Europe VWA is fun and had some solid workers. Europe is probably the region you'll have the most freedom to work without losing top guys to bigger promotions.

In Australia, I'd have to say ZEN. They have a decent roster with plenty of fun characters, and it's excellent if you like to go wild with storylines.

Another promotion I'd suggest in CWW in Britain. They're the smallest C-Verse promotion and don't have a lot of starting funds to throw around, but they're a pure workrate promotion that has a ton of potential to be built up into something big.

Australia is my favourite places, I guess it comes down to what sort of company you run. Being the lower level promotions in Aus you have three options.

APW:

Should have been top dogs, runs like modern day federation in terms of storylines with some credible main eventers. Just have to hold on to your talent as they develop. They have a decent amount of young guys that need help being established, and they make sensible landing location when RAW begin to offload some of their stars.

ZEN:

Wacky, crazy, comicbook hero fun. Amazing roster, but can be hard finding more talent that fit the theme. Still amazing fun, but I would see it hard to book crazy longterm getting them to global if you care about the storylines.

DIW:

Backyard, hardcore, smashmouth wrestling. Still a few hidden gems on their roster are a lot of fun and a lot of the Australian independant scene really suit the company which helps.

Since you enjoy TCW, I'd say something like 21CW or CWA would be most accessible.

CWA has a fantastic roster including tons of exciting young talent. Their product is Classic Balanced but it could very easily be changed to a more "AEW"-type product like Wrestling Nerd Nirvana or Three Ring Circus. Honestly, CWA feels like a "better" TCW - but the challenge is getting them popular in other countries.

21CW is kind of similar the SWF in that its a pretty standard sports entertainment company. The positive side is that you've got Tommy Cornell alongside his cousin Edward and the third pillar of the main event scene, Adam Matravers - they're all great. And then there are a couple really fun talents that you could push hard like Buff Martinez, Sebastian Koller, Mark Adonis, and my personal favourite: Gravedigger. However, the downside is that the UK scene is pretty dead in terms of talents that could make it in a sports entertainment company like 21CW. There are a couple good talents in Europe though.

As some have mentioned, RAW is the other company that has feasible potential as a global company. They're a soap opera-type promotion that doesn't care much about the in-ring product. They've got some ridiculous star-quality guys and it is feasible that the promotion could become a cult sensation globally thanks to the charisma of guys like Swoop (he's basically an aussie version of The Rock).

What about a Mexican promotion? It has been a while since I've played CVerse, but EMLL becomes pretty Lucha Underground-esque iirc. OLLIE is still kicking and could use a shot in the arm. SOTBPW (curse that acronym) is in a precarious position after losing Champagne Lover. All three have their own challenges, all three need to build new stars.

Think I’ve settled on CWA. Might not be the most challenging promotion to takeover, but more so than the American companies I’ve used this far. This will also be my first time plying the role of Booker and not owner so that’ll likely present a challenge for me as well.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

I have always wanted to take RAW and have them expand into India and Asia, since they could financially handle it, with their top notch TV deal and unlimited pool of local talent.

I like the Euro promotions. Try to find a way to unite that region by having a pushed star from different countries as EWA or UEW. Trying to get a Euro Sports tv deal is the big challenge.

Or something I haven't tried, but want to, is being the first big promotion in India. You'll have no over workers off the bat, so it wont be as easy as just giving your new promotion a bunch of pop and a TV deal. You'll actually have to (get to) build the stars of the area from scratch.