Mod making question. Help please.

I have been making a mod for over a year now but need some help to speed up the process. The thing that takes me the longest is that I hand draw (poorly) fighter pictures and put them in the game. That is my favorite part. What I am needing help with is understanding the mass edit feature as I cannot get it to work. Here is my question.

What is the difference between picture become "their name.gif" and Rename picture file as "their name.gif"

If I am to understand the spirit of this tool correctly... it should allow me to mass rename the files in the picture folder to whatever name I assigned for the fighter in the database. At least that's what I am hoping it does because this by far is one of the more tedious aspects of making this mod... I usually create and name the fighter... pick a free picture that fits the skills... then go back to the folder and rename the picture file twice (1 head and 1 corresponding body. I absolutely hate this as I feel it slows me down. I have about 300 fighters done so far... and hundreds of others that I can't bring myself to put in because of the renaming. I hope all of this makes sense as I feel I didnt do a great job of explaining what I'm after. Thanks in advance. If this isn't the right place to post I am sorry.

"Picture Becomes 'Their Name.jpg/.gif'" means that all of the character entries will look for Body/Face pictures that match up with the character name. This is so you wouldn't have to manually add all of the pictures to each character.

Example:

If you had Anderson Silva who had no pictures assigned to him, then you did the above Mass Edit, if you put an Anderson Silva.jpg/.gif in the relevant Body/Faces folders then it would auto assign them to him. (only when you start a new game by the way, it won't do it for a game you've already started)

100% sure on this.

"Rename Picture File As 'Their Name.jpg/.gif'" means that any pictures you've assigned to characters will be renamed to the character name.

Example:

If you had Tito Ortiz assigned pictures which were called "1h2lkad.jpg/.gif" for the body and "poiuahf.jpg/gif" for the face (or any other filenames), if you ran the Mass Edit they'd both be renamed "Tito Ortiz.jpg/.gif", same goes for any pictures which were allocated to characters. (only when you start a new game by the way, it won't do it for a game you've already started)

90% sure on this. (although i've never done it myself)

I need to do more testing as I thought that I was doing that before..... the way you explained it makes sense although as previously stated I've don't that before... although it may have been something wrong I did on my end... Thank you for taking the time to clarify for me.... One more thing I just remembered... when I did it before I would assign pictures to auto-generated fighters in the editor(out of game in database editor) I did rename picture file as their name.... and it would just deselect the pictures in mass....

Thanks again

I have been making a mod for over a year now but need some help to speed up the process. The thing that takes me the longest is that I hand draw (poorly) fighter pictures and put them in the game. That is my favorite part.

Not an answer to your question, but a comment; That's really cool that you draw your created characters! If I had any artistic ability that's what I would do, as I'm creating a mod myself, and absolutely can't seem to grasp render software. I have so many awesome fighters that need renders... I may need to hire you haha :D

Are you a member of the WMMA 5 Discord?

Not an answer to your question, but a comment; That's really cool that you draw your created characters! If I had any artistic ability that's what I would do, as I'm creating a mod myself, and absolutely can't seem to grasp render software. I have so many awesome fighters that need renders... I may need to hire you haha :D

Are you a member of the WMMA 5 Discord?

I am by no means any good at it. I just play this game a tone and mostly the default universe. So I began drawing renders years ago to make up for the fact that I ran out of original renders rather quickly and I done know anything about rendering software( I'm not too computer savy). I mostly draw fighters when there is some downtime at work. At this point I have hundreds of little men and some women that I've completed... some better than others bit nothing that will blow your socks off... I've often debated if I should put them up for people to download to use as cans/jobbers but like I said I'm not too computer savvy. Not to mention I don't think people would get much use of my work as it is in a completely different style.

I am by no means any good at it. I just play this game a tone and mostly the default universe. So I began drawing renders years ago to make up for the fact that I ran out of original renders rather quickly and I done know anything about rendering software( I'm not too computer savy). I mostly draw fighters when there is some downtime at work. At this point I have hundreds of little men and some women that I've completed... some better than others bit nothing that will blow your socks off... I've often debated if I should put them up for people to download to use as cans/jobbers but like I said I'm not too computer savvy. Not to mention I don't think people would get much use of my work as it is in a completely different style.

I totally relate to not being computer savvy haha But I have learned quite bit from the community on here and on the WMMA 5 Discord server. I didn't even know how to download a mod myself or how to add pics to the game until last year.

And no matter the style of your work, one thing that this community can never have enough is renders/fighter/logo pics.

Anyway, in case you aren't already a member, here's an invite link to the Discord: https://discord.gg/W6ExEK56