The Wrestling Revolution [CWA, C'Verse 2020]

Main Event

Singles Match

Twenty Minute Time Limit

Jack DeColt versus "The Stud" Christian Price

Singles Match

Fifteen Minute Time Limit

"The Man Without Fear" Sonny Wildside versus "The Triple Threat" Davis Wayne Newton

Singles Match

Jayson "The Sensation" Van Pelt versus "Shooter" Sean Deely

Eight Woman's Tag Team Match

Amber Allen, Lauren Easter, Sally Anne Christianson and Claire Winters versus The Queen's Court

Singles Match

John Yates versus "Big Bad" George Wolfe

Six Man Tag Team Match

The Golden versus Chucky Dorrance, Princeton Pryce, and Jamie Atherton

Opening Match

Singles Match

Mabuchi Furusawa versus Omar Brown

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nHIbF8W.jpg

CWA Championship Wrestling

Wednesday Week 2, March 2020

Wood Buffalo Arts Center, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. 5,000 fans in attendance, SELL OUT.

Opening Match

Singles Match

bQGXzQ4.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgNst3wYo.jpg

“The Last Lion” Mabuchi Furusawa versus Omar Brown

The broadcast started off with longtime street fighter Omar Brown taking on The Last Lion. Furusawa and Brown laid into each other with some really stiff strikes. Brown was a good opponent for Furusawa in that Brown doesn’t mind working stiff and Furusawa excels in that strong style, stiff striking. Furusawa even rocked Brown with a teardrop Backdrop Driver. Brown stayed down and Furusawa locked in the Furusawa Armbar and forced the submission.

In a decent match, Mabuchi Furusawa defeated Omar Brown in 7:05 by submission with a Furusawa Armbar.

Match Rating

5ejWPFe.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

FTUveJL.jpgXgNJHAh.jpgml7eT3U.jpgI2V53BU.jpg

We go backstage to where all four members of The Golden are standing. They are all wearing matching shirts – available at CWAWrestling.com

Jack, “Tonight’s a big night. A real big night. All four of us have matches and we’re just a few days away from WrestleFestival 3 – something that me and Ricky love. We love the WresteFestival. It is our heritage. Our legacy. Our family’s blood and sweat built and and we are proud to continue that legacy and this Saturday night. Live on Pay Per View. The four of us will step into the ring against The Elite and baby, it’s going to be great. It’s going to magnetic. It’s going to be powerful and you best believe that The Golden are ready. Christian, tonight, we’re going to have a little preview. It’s going to be me and you, brother. One on one. No one down there to help us. Just me and you. And I’m going to take you to school. I’m going to remember you why the DeColt name is synonymous with pro wrestling here in Canada.”

Ricky, “Yes you will, Jack. It’s something you have done your whole career. That’s what has made you the wrestler you are. You show up when it is show time and tonight it’s show time and Saturday night it’s going to be show time and I can feel it in my toes. The excitement. Baby it’s going to be great. It’s going to be epic. It’s going to be legendary. It’s going to be a night to never forget and in just a few minutes, me and Aaron and Donte are going to give the Elite something to think about when we take out Chucky, Princeton, and Jamie.”

Aaron, “Yes we are. We’re going to let the Elite know just how well oiled a machine. We are Golden. We are Canadian pro wrestling and on Saturday night… Saturday night, we’re going to take the Elite out.”

Donte, “Exactly.”

Angle Rating

9sHLaoc.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Six Man Tag Team Match

FTUveJL.jpgml7eT3U.jpgI2V53BU.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

kAsoiMi.jpgXblsER5.jpgYrJCmC6.jpg

The Golden versus Chucky Dorrance, Princeton Pryce, and Jamie Atherton

The six man tag was really a showcase for The Golden. Each member of the Golden was able to showcase their individual skills. Donte started the match and set the tone and then Ricky came in with his trademark fire. His long blonde hair flew around the ring and the women in the audience went crazy. Ricky has always been able to engage a certain portion of the audience but it was Aaron Knight who was the real star of the match. Aaron hit his Knight Fall on Jamie Atherton to get the win.

In a decent match, The Golden (Aaron Knight, Ricky DeColt and Donte Dunn) defeated Chucky Dorrance, Princeton Pryce and Jamie Atherton in 8:15 when Aaron Knight pinned Jamie Atherton with a Knight Fall. In terms of in-ring work, Aaron Knight was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Match Rating

QmSY8C4.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

rTjg3Hd.jpg

McFly, “Three more nights. Three more chances to sleep before I defend the World Championship for the first time. A championship that a lot of people in the audience didn’t think I would ever hold. I heard it every where I went. Well meaning people telling me that they didn’t think I was still at the World Championship level. That my knees couldn’t do it anymore. Or my shoulder. Or my elbow. Or my back. But here I am. The World’s Wrestling Champion and Saturday night at WrestleFestival 3, I step into the ring with Cameron Vessey. Cameron, you’re an excellent wrestler. Absolutely excellent. You are the future and present of this sport, but to get this championship back you’ve got to get through me. Maybe you can. Maybe you will. But it’s not going to be easy. If this is my last rodeo, if this is my last ride and this is my last chance at the top of the card then I’m going to ride the bull for as long as I can.”

Angle Rating

BCjUrO8.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

cxflGpQ.jpgL47ZXIB.jpg3U1dPUg.jpg

John Yates versus "Big Bad" George Wolfe

Newcomer John Yates came out of the gate with some fast past action that kept the bigger, stronger George Wolfe off balance. Yates was unsuccessful in his debut for CWA and was looking to make more of an impact here. The former ACPW standout even hit a beautiful springboard flipping neckbreaker that got him a near fall and really woke the crowd up for this match – but after that it was all George. The son of the legendary Ed Monton, Wolfe used a variety of simple power moves to slow the pace down – including a beautiful Tilt-a-Whirl Backbreaker for a near fall. Wolfe ended up hitting his Running Powerslam for the clean victory.

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, George Wolfe defeated John Yates in 10:52 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam.

Match Rating

a7hicS3.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

S47Jjqq.jpg

We go backstage to Red Hot Laura Flame.

Flame, “I’ve been training my whole life for Saturday night. I’ve fought in tournaments all around the world. I’ve fought bigger women than me. Smaller women than me. I’ve made a career out of fighting. It is who I am. It’s what has made me so successful in life and Saturday night, WrestleFestival 3, I step into the ring with three other women and I have one goal – becoming the World Women’s Champion. I will knock out all three other women. I will hurt them. I will go to a place that will make them uncomfortable. I will do horrible, horrible things to them to leave as the World Champion. I hope they are ready for the violence I am prepared to bring.”

Angle Rating

QmSY8C4.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Eight Women's Tag Team Match

S5Djl9C.jpg90Yr6HL.jpgLLDuKry.jpg8nCJtHM.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

1Wf0khL.jpgqY3p4iW.jpg5Jgklfu.jpg

Amber Allen, Lauren Easter, Sally Anne Christianson and Claire Winters versus The Queen's Court

We come back from the commercial break with the women’s eight-woman tag team match. On one side, we had two of the women who will be competing for the World Women’s Championship, former champion Amber Allen and the sensational Lauren Easter. On the other side, we had all of the Queen’s Court. Nadia Snow did her best to stay out of the ring and let her three stablemates do the heavy-lifting. Allen and Easter struggled to work together with each trying to outdo the other one (much to the chagrin of their two partners. Ultimately, Lauren Easter was able to make the Hand of the Queen submit to the Figure Four Leglock.

In a decent match, Amber Allen, Lauren Easter, Sally Anne Christianson and Claire Winters defeated The Queen's Court (Nadia Snow, Demelza Wade, Deborah Young and Jessica Conroy) in 15:01 when Lauren Easter submitted Demelza Wade with a Figure Four Leglock.

Match Rating

BEmJ3UF.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

dwaFyZA.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgvVSAhEA.jpg

Jayson "The Sensation" Van Pelt versus "Shooter" Sean Deely

The latest addition to CWA’s roster as they look to bolster the middle of their card with experienced talent, Jayson Van Pelt, had a great opportunity here against Sean Deeley. Deeley and Van Pelt had an excellent grappling based match. This would definitely be classified as a Pure style match with very few strikes. The two men went hold for hold. Lots of counter holds as Van Pelt looked like he was equal to the Shooter until Sean hit a series of suplexes that rang Jayson’s bell and allowed the Shooter to lock in his Seated Stretch Armbar to get the submission.

In a decent match, Shooter Sean Deeley defeated Jayson Van Pelt in 9:54 by submission with a Seated Stretch Armbar.

Match Rating

BEmJ3UF.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

weOaAow.jpghzd3Pv2.jpgMVeIXUG.jpg33sMKKh.jpg

We go to a video clip that says it was from earlier today and looks like it was from security camera footage. The World Tag Team Champions, Thunder and Lightning were on their way into the building at the same time as The Griffin Family. The four men got into some sort of verbal argument that led to shoving but before it could escalate further security and backstage personnel were there to pull the four men apart.

Angle Rating

q83BNGO.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

kLpXx4U.pngL47ZXIB.jpgqpdBxE5.jpg

"The Man Without Fear" Sonny Wildside versus "The Triple Threat" Davis Wayne Newton

With World Television Champion Mr. Impact on the shelf with a minor injury, former champion Sonny Wildside was in action against the debuting Davis Wayne Newton. The experienced Newton gave Wildside a heck of a time. Newton showcased why he has developed the reputation he has for being an excellent wrestler – coming close to putting Sonny Wildside away several times before Wildside hit a springboard back elbow, a Top Rope Missile Dropkick and then the Fear Factor to get the three count and the victory.

In a decent match, Sonny Wildside defeated Davis Wayne Newton in 7:45 by pinfall with a Fear Factor.

Match Rating

GWUelsM.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

20Uzlb9.jpg

We go backstage to a private locker room. Cameron Vessey sits in front of a large book. A serious tome. He looks up at the camera with a hand on a page.

Cameron, “Three nights, Sean. That is all you have left. Three nights before your story is absorbed by my story. The Revolution is going to swallow your career whole. You’ve had a great career. The Book of McFly is worth the read, I have read it, but I must write your ending while continuing The Book of Vessey. It is a shame that the end of your story is just a part of my story, but it is the way things must be. I don’t want to be the one to have to end you, Sean. I really don’t. I can’t overstate the respect I have for you. The esteem I hold you in – but I must do what the story requires. It requires the end of your career, the end of your title run so that is what I am going to give it. So it’s been said. So it must be written.”

Angle Rating

oae7emY.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Main Event

Singles Match

Twenty Minute Time Limit

XgNJHAh.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgHM2Bs9N.jpg

Jack DeColt versus "The Stud" Christian Price

The main event had a pay per view quality to it. The crowd was into everything the two men did as they took them on a ride. It was a masterclass in a television main event on the go home show to a major event. They didn’t do too much, they didn’t give it away for free. They took the crowd through a competitive match between two Elite workers. They went for all of their big moves, all of their homerun hits, but they weren’t able to pull any of them off. The crowd didn’t get them kicking out of finishers – they got them being unable to hit them. They got the drama of the almost. In the end, the bell rang because twenty minutes had expired and we didn’t have a winner.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Jack DeColt drew with Christian Price in 20:00 when the time limit expired.

Match Rating

3Md1QR2.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

FTUveJL.jpgXgNJHAh.jpgml7eT3U.jpgI2V53BU.jpgHM2Bs9N.jpgBIHjUqf.jpgsv1zqi9.jpg34HWo1g.jpg

The two men were still going at it as the bell rang and their two groups spilled out of the locker room and we got a big brawl between The Elite and The Golden and as the show went off the air CWA security and agents had all spilled into the ring to try and pull the eight men apart.

Angle Rating

C8IJaIG.jpg

b6BvNQX.jpg

Overall Show Rating

Vhw0ZtB.jpg

Quick Results

• Mabuchi Furusawa defeated Omar Brown
  • The Golden (Aaron Knight, Ricky DeColt and Donte Dunn) defeated Chucky Dorrance, Princeton Pryce and Jamie Atherton
  • George Wolfe defeated John Yates
  • Amber Allen, Lauren Easter, Sally Anne Christianson and Claire Winters defeated The Queen's Court
  • Shooter Sean Deeley defeated Jayson Van Pelt
  • Sonny Wildside defeated Davis Wayne Newton
  • Jack DeColt drew with Christian Price

T7eZmnG.jpg

PREVIEW for WrestleFestival 3

Saturday, Week 2, March 2020

The Saddledome, Alberta, Canada

Candian Wrestling Alliance returns to Pay Per View with the third annual WrestleFestival coming to you live from the Saddledome! With three big World Championship matches, plus a big eight man tag, this is a Pay Per View that you do not want to miss. All of the action starts on our free Call to Arms Preshow -- a one hour event where you get to sample some CWA action before you purchase the main show.

Call to Arms – Preshow

Six Woman Tag Team Match

LLDuKry.jpg3AeqnB4.jpg2ildvIu.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

yvfWrxX.jpg5Jgklfu.jpgwqGd4H6.jpg

Sally Anne Christianson, Ariel Breaks and Zoe Ammis versus The Queen’s Court

The Call to Arms Preshow starts off our night with what should be a very competitive six-woman tag team match. On one side of the ring, we have three fan favorites who all want to be in the mix for the Women's World Championship and on the otherside, we have Nadia Snow's stable of supporters. Will the Queen's Court start the night off with a win? Or will they come up short?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

kLpXx4U.pngL47ZXIB.jpgbSEqgex.jpg

“The Man Without Fear” Sonny Wildside versus Marc DuBois

The former World Television Champion Sonny Wildside is looking to rebound from losing the championship. He is also coming off a big singles victory over Cameron Vessey while Marc DuBois is still looking for a statement win since returning to the pro wrestling world. Will tonight be the night Marc DuBois gets that win? Or will Sonny Wildside score another quality victory?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Tag Team Match

qjOyrKG.jpgaNafKgs.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

Xf8lCsA.jpgrzVzS6l.jpg

Natalie DiMarco & Sandra Shine versus Lilly & Rose

Natalie DiMarco and Sandra Shine are no strangers to teaming with each other -- they do so quite frequently at the CWA Live Events that come to your town, but they haven't faced a challenge quite like the one they have tonight. Kate Lilly and Debbie Rose are one of the most experienced teams in all of wrestling and have won four sets of tag team titles in the 14 years they have been a team. Will DiMarco and Shine score an upset or will the more experienced duo start their CWA career off strong?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

6HWgLl5.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgtxNHEdQ.jpg

Skip “The Flow” Beau versus “Double J” Jared Johnson

The Call to Arms Pre Show ends with two former World Television Champions wrestling each other in a match that is sure to have championship rammifactions. Both men need a win, both men want a win. Will they be able to pull it off tonight?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Main Show

Opening Match

Six Pack Scramble

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Future Television Title Shot[/b]

iZloxef.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgkAsoiMi.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgdwaFyZA.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgYrJCmC6.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgcxflGpQ.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgqpdBxE5.jpg

Diablo Duvak vs. Chucky Dorrance vs. Jayson Van Pelt vs. Jamie Atherton vs. John Yates vs. Davis Wayne Newton

The Pay Per View starts with a six-pack challenge/scramble to determine who will get a future shot at Mr. Impact's World Television Title. Six young talents who are all hungry for an opportunity to shine so who will rise up on Pay Per View and do just that?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

8vgVpdl.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgBHYnw6I.jpgxuZwatk.jpg6V2ydfN.jpg

“The Natural” David Stone versus Lee Rivera w/ Jenny Playmate

David Stone has yet to taste defeat in 2020 -- a fact that doesn't sit well with veteran Lee Rivera. Will Lee be the first man to beat David Stone in 2020? Or will the young Stone continue to show that he is talented beyond his years.

b6BvNQX.jpg

Singles Match

Thiry Minute Time Limit

8JBhWio.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgvVSAhEA.jpg

"The Shooting Star" Erik Strong versus "Shooter" Sean Deeley

Sean McFly's protege takes on one of the most dangerous wrestlers in the world. Sean Deeley, no doubt, wants to be CWA World Champion. Erik Strong also wants to be Wold Champion. A win here on Pay Per View will help both men's quest to get a World Title shot.

b6BvNQX.jpg

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

QnfEAUx.jpgQnfEAUx.jpg

MVeIXUG.jpg33sMKKh.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

weOaAow.jpghzd3Pv2.jpg

The Griffin Family versus Thunder & Lightning ©

The World Tag Team Titles are on the line in what should be a very competitive match between two well-liked tag teams. Thunder & Lightning have been on a roll since December of last year when they won the Tag Team Grand Prix. They've become CWA World Tag Team Champions but the Griffin Family are looking for their own success. Which team will walk away with the Gold?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Four Way Dance

Sixty Minute Time Limit

lswACSN.jpg

S5Djl9C.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgS47Jjqq.jpgL47ZXIB.jpg90Yr6HL.jpgL47ZXIB.jpg1Wf0khL.jpg

Amber Allen versus Laura Flame versus Lauren Easter vesus Nadia Snow©

Nadia Snow's first title defence promises to be a challenging one when she has to defend the title in a four way dance against three of the top women's wrestlers in all of the World. Can the Queen of the North keep her throne? Or will she be dethroned only a month into her reign?

b6BvNQX.jpg

Semi Main Event

Eight Man Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

FTUveJL.jpgI2V53BU.jpgXgNJHAh.jpgml7eT3U.jpg

L47ZXIB.jpg

HM2Bs9N.jpg34HWo1g.jpgBIHjUqf.jpgsv1zqi9.jpgxuZwatk.jpguv5AG1K.jpg

The Golden versus The Elite w/ Drake Young

There is absolutely no love loss between either group here. Both groups are vying for supremacy and pride and this promises to be a barn-burner of a match.

b6BvNQX.jpg

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

EOUMHYy.jpg

20Uzlb9.jpgL47ZXIB.jpgrTjg3Hd.jpg

“The Revolution” Cameron Vessey versus Sean McFly ©

The World Championship. On one side, former champion Cameron Vessey. On the other, current champion Sean McFly. Both men are incredibly well respected and incredible wrestlers. Who will leave the Saddledome as the CWA World Champion?

Quick Predictions

Call to Arms Pre Show

1. Sally Anne Christianson, Ariel Breaks and Zoe Ammis versus The Queen’s Court
  2. “The Man Without Fear” Sonny Wildside versus Marc DuBois
  3. Natalie DiMarco & Sandra Shine versus Lilly & Rose
  4. Skip “The Flow” Beau versus “Double J” Jared Johnson

Main Show

1. Diablo Duvak vs. Chucky Dorrance vs. Jayson Van Pelt vs. Jamie Atherton vs. John Yates vs. Davis Wayne Newton
  2. “The Natural” David Stone versus Lee Rivera w/ Jenny Playmate
  3. "The Shooting Star" Erik Strong versus "Shooter" Sean Deeley
  4. Tag Team Titles: The Griffin Family versus Thunder & Lightning ©
  5. Women's Championship: Amber Allen versus Laura Flame versus Lauren Easter vesus Nadia Snow©
  6. The Golden versus The Elite w/ Drake Young
  7. World Championship: “The Revolution” Cameron Vessey versus Sean McFly ©

Call to Arms Pre Show

Main Show

Diablo Duvak vs. Chucky Dorrance vs. Jayson Van Pelt vs. Jamie Atherton vs. John Yates vs. Davis Wayne Newton

Tag Team Titles: The Griffin Family versus Thunder & Lightning ©

Women's Championship: Amber Allen versus Laura Flame versus Lauren Easter vesus Nadia Snow©

World Championship: “The Revolution” Cameron Vessey versus Sean McFly ©

Call to Arms Pre Show

Main Show

Women's Championship: Amber Allen versus Laura Flame versus Lauren Easter vesus Nadia Snow©

Quick Predictions

Call to Arms Pre Show

Main Show

[U]Quick Predictions[/u]

Call to Arms Pre Show

The Man Without Fear” Sonny Wildside versus Marc DuBois

Main Show

The Natural” David Stone versus Lee Rivera w/ Jenny Playmate

Call to Arms Pre Show

Main Show

Call to Arms Pre Show

Main Show

Call to Arms Pre Show

Main Show

Women's Championship: Amber Allen versus Laura Flame versus Lauren Easter versus Nadia Snow©