NOTBPW Women's Title.

I was looking over the NOTBPW Women's Championship lineage, and I saw that it was suspended for a few months between 2005 and 2006. I've noticed this before, but never really wondered why. Even while playing TEW 2005, the title was inactive, despite the fact that there were several active female wrestlers at the time.

Has a reason ever been given for the title's brief suspension?

I was looking over the NOTBPW Women's Championship lineage, and I saw that it was suspended for a few months between 2005 and 2006. I've noticed this before, but never really wondered why. Even while playing TEW 2005, the title was inactive, despite the fact that there were several active female wrestlers at the time.

I don't think a reason has ever been given for the suspension other than the title history was retconned as the world was fleshed out more in later games (since in 05 it starts with no history and inactive. I would think maybe NOTBPW lost a lot of their women's wrestlers or something and could no longer field the full division. That's what I tell myself anyway.

Melody's old bio mentions the women's division being revamped in 2006, so perhaps it was kind of put on the back burner?

though JMB got cut in 2007 for finances so uh nice revamp NOTBPW lmao.

As someone who had JMB (in her Hell Cat persona) go on to have a year+ World title reign in QAW in a 2016 save, I can confidently say that NOTBPW is lucky to have survived as long as it did, getting rid of great talents like that.