(DOTM) New York is Always a Good Idea (Cverse)

George Trapesi, Aaron Andrews & Valiant vs. Riley McManus, Trent Shaffer & Davis Wayne Newton

EEE World Tag Team: The Twin Powers vs. Cross River Connection ©

Angry Gilmore vs. Honest Frank Jr

The Eagle vs. Monty Trescade

The Biggins Boys vs. The Fantastic Express

Charlie Corner vs. ‘The Stud’ Phil Anders

EEE Supershow: Good Friends, Great Enemies

George Trapesi, Aaron Andrews & Valiant vs. Riley McManus, Trent Shaffer & Davis Wayne Newton

New York City… Where we’ve got both singles champions in a multi-man tag team main event…

k91EC19.jpg

Sunday, Week 4, April 2024
Greenwalt Dome, New York City, New York
Attendance: 46,732

TAG TEAM MATCH: The VCC vs. William Jeterson & Bryan Jewett
In a decent match, The VCC defeated William Jetterson and Bryan Jewett in 10:10 when JP Barnham submitted William Jetterson with a Golden Scissors.
Rating: 57

Notes: A nice simple win for the forgotten tag team over two of our better enhancement talents. The VCC would get their turn eventually. But they were still learning their craft and I didn’t feel the need to rush.

SINGLES MATCH: Charlie Corner vs. ‘The Stud’ Phil Anders
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Charlie Corner defeated Phil Anders in 9:58 by disqualification.
Rating: 63

Notes: California Cool Charlie Corner is building himself some momentum here and while we liked The Stud, now was not the time to give him the big win. Corner’s momentum was arguably the strongest in the whole company as he’d finally taken a big leap forward in skills and overness. We always knew he could do it.

TAG TEAM MATCH: The Biggins Boys vs. The Fantastic Express
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, The Biggins Boys defeated The Fantastic Express in 10:23 when Bart Biggins pinned Zippy Deverell with a B-Dropper.
Rating: 68

Notes: Something of a surprise win perhaps? The Fantastic Express had been dominant tag team champions not that long ago. But now they found themselves fourth in the pecking order. Life is strange sometimes.

SINGLES MATCH: Bradley Blaze vs. The Masked Mauler
In a decent match, The Masked Mauler defeated Bradley Blaze in 10:12 by submission with an Iron Claw.
Rating: 60

Notes: An easy win to keep Mauler’s position on the card intact. Bradley Blaze was superbly talented in-ring performer, but I just didn’t have the space for him to succeed just yet. He formed part of what I call ‘Break In Case of Emergancy’ worker. If one of our top stars where to be stolen or leave the company, Blaze would be next man up. But with our improved negotiating position it almost always made more sense to bring in a bigger name. One day we’d have something for him to do. Just not today. And probably not tomorrow.

EEE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Twin Powers vs. Cross River Connection (c)
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, The Twin Powers defeated Cross River Connection in 9:51 when Andrew Harper pinned Perfect Pepper Pelton with a Stereo Powerbombs after Perfect Pepper Pelton and Prime Time Jack Pryde miscommunicated. The Twin Powers win the EEE World Tag Team.
Rating: 76

Notes: What a great match, highlighted by the miscommunication between the previously resurgent tag team champions. This was a surprise for those in the crowd and for some of the boys in the back and has thrown the tag team division into fictionalised chaos. The reality was, we had a plan. It was a wild plan, but hopefully it would all work out.

SINGLES MATCH: The Eagle vs. Monty Trescarde
In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Monty Trescarde defeated The Eagle in 22:17 by pinfall with a handful of tights.
Rating: 69

Notes: Monty Trescarde is a cheat. And here, he cheats to win. Decent midcard match with low stakes which give Monty a boost, without damaging Eagle too much. As with the Blaze comments earlier, we barely had anything for these two great (and popular) workers, never mind spots for new stars.

SINGLES MATCH: Angry Gilmore vs. Honest Frank Jr
In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Honest Frank Jr defeated Angry Gilmore in 10:13 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.

Notes: A big win for Frank against a former World Champion on the decline. He had to cheat of course, but there can be no doubt about Frank Jr’s solidified midcard spot now. He had all the tools to keep rising, we just had to make sure we didn’t botch it in any way.

GANG WARS MATCH
D2wAv3i.jpgY6ssmXZ.jpgzJeThcw.jpg
8UKrnYt.jpg
Hg5o5es.jpgbBuKkOf.jpgwQkukIZ.jpg
George Trapesi, Aaron Andrews & Valiant vs. Trent Shaffer, Riley McManus & Davis Wayne Newton

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, George Trapesi, Aaron Andrews and Valiant defeated Trent Shaffer, Riley McManus and Davis Wayne Newton in 21:46 when George Trapesi pinned Riley McManus with a Star Maker Lariat.

Notes: Great match between six of our best. The faces get the win; mainly because two of them are the main event of our biggest ever show. In the long run, a loss like this might be a bad move as the next likely challenger will be one of them. Unless we go for face vs. face for the next few months. Options, options.

ANGLE: George Trapesi is celebrating after the match, when Aaron Andrews absolutely clobbers him. Valiant plays peacemaker to calm the situation, but Andrews makes the belt gesture as he leaves the ring.
Rating: 87

Notes: Not a heel turn, but rather a gesture at the high stakes of their upcoming match. Valiant interfering to calm them down is about as on-brand for his character as its possible to get.

OVERALL RATING: 76

Good show with a nice 694,682 viewers and the month ends with us making a cool $438,526 profit. Our turnaround from just-in-time business model to regular profit-maker has been swift and fantastic. It certainly kept Larry happy and meant that we had the flexibility to go after big names with big contracts if needed. Although all the great ones were locked up in long-term contracts with the Big 3.

Next time… all roads lead to Starclash…

Prediction Results For EEE Empire Royale 2024

1. DinoKea - 4/6

1. eayragt - 4/6

1. John Lions - 4/6

1. KyTeran - 4/6

5. Scottie - 3/6

6. Herrbear - 2/6

6. MisterRomanini - 2/6

6. Theheel - 2/6

Overall Prediction Standings

1. DinoKeo - 16/25 (64%)

1. eayragt - 16/25 (64%)

1. Theheel - 16/25 (64%)

4. Herrbear - 15/25 (60%)

4. MisterRomanini - 15/25 (60%)

4. KyTeran - 15/25 (60%)

7. John Lions - 14/25 (56%)

8. Scottie - 3/6 (50%)

A small nubmer of matches to guess and a big multi-man made this one a tough prediction run. But continued positive selections throughout. It's always fascinating to see how people fantasy book compared to myself, but there's plenty of points up for grabs in the next show.

New York City… where the tag team division gets more and more interesting…

In years previous we aimed to have an event honouring The Stomper. This year however, we thought it’d be more in-keeping to his legacy to incorporate it into Starclash. Therefore we had a tournament we needed to blitz through in the weeks ahead. After the Cross River Connection’s surprise loss, where would we be going? Well, I’ll tell you what I tell the fans… stay tuned to find out.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #13
Friday, Week 1, May 2024
The Empire Ballroom, New York City, New York
Attendance: 10,649

[*]STOMPER QUARTER FINAL: Cross River Connection vs. Samoan Wrecking Crew
In a decent match, Cross River Connection defeated Samoan Wrecking Crew in 9:43 when Prime Time Jack Pryde pinned Loa Laki with a Prime Time Perfection.
Rating: 61

[*]ANGLE: Angry Gilmore is with Thom Barrowman and today, he’s not as angry as he normally is. Because he gets to face Honest Frank Jr and his Big Dumb Friend in the quarter finals of the Stomper Memorial Cup. Having seen these young whippersnappers causing him trouble, he’s done something he never thought he’d do. He’s found a young person to be his tag team partner; California Cool Charlie Corner.
Rating: 78

[*]EEE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Alistair Shufflebottom vs. Davis Wayne Newton (c)
In a decent match, Davis Wayne Newton defeated Alistair Shufflebottom in 10:28 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex. Davis Wayne Newton makes defence number two of the EEE Intercontinental.

[*]ANGLE: Trent Shaffer and Riley McManus are out to the ring and they still hate Valiant, he’s cost them a chance at the World Title and now he’s going to have to pay. They’ve chatted it through and Trent is the guy whose going to issue the challenge. A challenge of a one-on-one match at Starclash. Let’s see if the all-American hero is a coward of not.
Rating: 86

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Jason Patterson vs. ‘The Stud’ Phil Anders
In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Phil Anders defeated Jason Patterson in 9:53 by pinfall with a Hangman's Neckbreaker.
Rating: 45

[*]ANGLE: Cross River Connection are with Thom Barrowman.
“So Pep, looks like it’s that time of year again. It’s the Stomper Memorial Cup.”
“Also it’s Starclash,” adds Perfect Pepper.
“That’s a good point Pep. That’s two big events happening at the same time.”
“And we have a rematch clause.”
“Another good point Pep. But aren’t you worried that we’re not on the same page? That’s what the The Twin Douchebags keep saying.”
“They the team who aren’t putting their titles on the line during the tournament?”
“Yes indeed,” Prime Time responds. “They’re saying we’re not working as a team.”
“In fairness it’s hard to act as a team with you clotheslining me Prime Time.”
“That was an accident Pep.”
The two look at one another intensely, before high-fiving and spinning to face the camera.
“You think we’re not on the same page?” Pepper begins. “You think our team… our friendship can be broken up by a couple of idiots like you and loss here and there. The Cross River Connection are beyond things like that. We are best friends and there’s nothing we won’t do to help each other. To have each other’s backs. So if I were you… Twin Powers… I’d concentrate on holding onto those titles and do your best to get to the finals of the Stomper Cup, because by hook or by crook, we’re coming for you!”
After a moment of wide-eyed shock, Prime Time finishes… “Good point Pep.”

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Valiant vs. The Masked Mauler
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Valiant defeated The Masked Mauler in 10:29 by pinfall with a V-Split.
Rating: 72

[*]ANGLE: We see a recorded video of Part 1 of a sitdown interview between Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews and ‘The Star’ George Trapesi. They recount their earlier careers and what being the World Champion means to them both. It all seems pretty tame and polite.

[*]STOMPER QUARTER FINAL: The Biggins Boys vs. The Twin Powers
In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, The Biggins Boys defeated The Twin Powers in 9:45 when Bulldozer Brandon Smith was disqualified while fighting Prime Time Jack Pryde outside the ring.
Rating: 72

[*]ANGLE: After the match the Cross River Connection viciously attack The Twin Powers, beating them around the ring with chairs before they are forced to retreat.
Rating: 91

[*]OVERALL RATING: 76 – 0.65 (491,908 viewers)

If I haven’t said it before, I’ll say it now. I absolutely LOVE the Cross River Connection. Just a joy to work with across the board. They’ve found themselves in a position where they’re one of the most over acts in the whole company.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #14
Friday, Week 2, May 2024
Attendance: 10,123

[*]ANGLE: Billy Keelan and Monty Trescarde are out to run down The Eagle. He’s still running around the place like he owns it. Monty demands satisfaction. This brings out Riley McManus who points out that no one cares about that. All they care about is who Valiant is going to choose to face between him and Trent Shaffer. Finally The Eagle and Valiant come out. Valiant is still weighing up who to beat at Starclash. But The Eagle is looking for a fight tonight and if The Georgia Bulldog wants a lesson, why doesn’t he face him tonight?
Rating: 73

[*]STOMPER QUARTER FINAL: The VCC vs. The Fantastic Express
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, The Fantastic Express defeated The VCC in 10:02 when Rafe Sashay pinned Ray Cavalero while using the ropes for leverage.
Rating: 66

[*]ANGLE: Prime Time Jack Pryde and Perfect Pepper Pelton are out to the ring. They think it’s hilarious that The Twin Powers… the EEE World Tag Team Champions are out of the Stomper Memorial Cup Tournament. What kind of idiots lose before even making the final. But they don’t need to worry. Once the Cross River Connection deal with their old friends The Biggins Boys, they’ll beat whoever is in the final. Then, they’ll cash in their tag team title shot. And if that doesn’t work, they’ll cash in their rematch. One way or another; The Twin Powers better be ready to fight.
Rating: 90

[*]SINGLES MATCH: The Eagle vs. Riley McManus
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, The Eagle drew with Riley McManus in 10:20 following a double count out after interference from Monty Trescarde and Valiant.
Rating: 74

[*]ANGLE: After the match The Eagle and Monty brawl to the back. In the ring Valiant beats down Riley, grabs a microphone and says he’ll happily take both him and Shaffer on… in a triple threat match.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews vs. William Jetterson
In a decent match, Aaron Andrews defeated William Jetterson in 11:39 by pinfall with a Standing Hot Shot.

[*]ANGLE: We go to the pre-recorded part 2 of the sitdown with The Ace and the Star. Both men respect each other and find it strange that they have to fight, because they’ve been teaming up against their opponents Shaffer and McManus. But they’re both professionals and the two share a laugh about their competitiveness. They promise to put on the best match of a decade.

[*]EEE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Texas Hangman vs. ‘The Star’ George Trapesi (c)
In a decent match, George Trapesi defeated Texas Hangman in 12:12 by pinfall with a Star Maker Lariat. George Trapesi makes defence number seven of the EEE World Heavyweight.
Rating: 64

[*]ANGLE: Davis Wayne Newton is in his Special Balcony. Today he’s eating foie gras and drinking Chateau neuf du pap. It’s good to be the undisputed intercontinental champion. And the best part is, he’s raised some hell, but has dealt with all of his competitors. What is a man to do? Just then Fro Sure leaps from behind him and starts beating him down with the silver trays of food. Once he’s sure he’s scared off DWN, Fro Sure says it’s good to be back and downs the entire bottle of wine in honour of himself.
Rating: 83

[*]STOMPER QUARTER FINAL: Angry Gilmore & Charlie Corner vs. Honest frank Jr & The Masked Mauler
In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Angry Gilmore and Charlie Corner drew with Honest Frank Jr and The Masked Mauler in 10:13 when the referee lost control and stopped the match.
Rating: 75

[*]OVERALL RATING: 78 – 0.66 (500,059 viewers)

Massive result for The Fantastic Express there who book their place in the finals at Starclash having only won a single match. Unusual for us to have two non-tag teams in the tournament, especially with other teams available, but it told a compelling story and allowed us to do something different with the tournament this year.

With that, it was time to take myself downtown for the latest NYCW show.

PrEaccU.jpg

NYCW Gang Wars 2024
The Ministry, New York City
1,000 (SOLD OUT!?!)

Denny King, Pablo Rodriguez & Jay Silver defeated Machine Gun Marino, Sandman Winks & Geoff Borne – 54
Crockett Tubbs & The Latino Kings defeated Rayne Man & The Wild Dogs – 54
Marco Gonzalez, Ray Snow & Stevie Stanley defeated Flip Simpkins, Astro & Carlos Imes – 48
Christian Plotcheck & The Rebels defeated Leonardo Fry & Total Eclipse – 32
Bowden Snoop, Stan Manna & Merlin Poutin defeated Antonio Graves, Chris Danzig & DB Rechsteiner – 32
Overall Rating: 51

I was contemplating the fact that we’d given up Gang Wars to try and pursue a new gimmick (Battle Games) when Larry called me. At a house show; Monty Trescarde had clutched his back in pain. After the Doc looked him over, he was given the news that he suffers from chronic upper back pain. Well, that sort of puts a crimp in any long-term plans for him. What a waste of a talented worker with upside. Still, he could still wrestle and maybe, with training he might be able to fully recover. The Doc seemed less optimistic, but I wasn’t ready to give up on the evil Taxman just yet.

Larry called me into the boardroom along with Sam Keith and Thom Barrowman. Sam had a briefcase open in front of him. He instinctively went to close it when I entered, but left it open when he realised it was me. Larry offered me a seat and got right to it.

“Sam is looking to sell up,” he said.

“Sell up what?” I replied, dumbly.

“MAW,” Sam said. “Things are too tough out there for a small company like mine. The COTT is now basically a lucha-libre alliance and with no decent income from bigger companies and having seen what you’ve accomplished here. I’m looking to sell to Larry.”

“It’s only a couple hundred thousand,” Larry said, completely out of character for him. “I wanted you in here because we now have access to the workers and the titles. So, what do you want?”

“Rip Chord Invitational,” I said immediately.

“Sam Keith Classic too I presume?” Sam replied.

“… yes,” I said. I didn’t really care about that because of the Stomper Memorial Cup, but I wasn’t about to insult a legend of the sport.

Sam slung me a printed list of wrestler names. “Let me know if you want any of these guys and I’ll move the contracts over. I can’t imagine they’ll have an issue.”

“On top of MAW,” Larry said. “I’m also looking to acquire WINNOW, ALPHA, CWW and Invincible Pro Wrestling.”

“WHAT!?!” I said in disbelief. “How much are you spending?”

“Not a lot,” he said. “Like I told you, if we’re going to beat the big boys, we have to act like a big boy.”

“Five buyouts though!”

“I know, but these were, by-and-large, and present company excluded… badly run operations, notorious for stiffing their workers. I’m creating gaps in the market in hopes that someone new and better will come along. That’s free market economics for you.”

I stood dumb-founded. What universe was I living in?

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #15
Friday, Week 3, May 2024
Attendance: 9,969

[*]ANGLE: California Cool Charlie Corner opens the show. He’s got a challenge for Starclash. Him vs. The Stud Phil Anders. If he’s got the stones. Trent Shaffer interrupts and he doesn’t have time for whoever Corner is and whatever he’s talking about. He needs a warm-up before his showdown with Riley McManus against Valiant. Corner says he’s up for a match; Trent laughs and accepts.
Rating: 70

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Fro Sure vs. The Masked Mauler
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Fro Sure defeated The Masked Mauler in 9:50 by pinfall with a Sure Thing.
Rating: 59

[*]ANGLE: The Final part of The Ace and The Star plays. While they respect each other, this is where the interview becomes about honesty. George Trapesi has taken the last year to prove that not only can he make it as a singles star, but that he’s good enough to be The Star. And no-one is going to take that away from him. Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews says he’s been to the top, but without the World Heavyweight Title, he doesn’t know what he is any more. He accepts that Trapesi is a Hell of a competitor, but he doesn’t NEED the title like he does. Come Starclash, with all due respect, he’s taking the win.

[*]EEE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The VCC vs. The Twin Powers (c)
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, The Twin Powers defeated The VCC in 10:05 when Andrew Harper pinned JP Barnham with a Stereo Powerbombs. The Twin Powers make defence number two of the EEE World Tag Team.
Rating: 67

[*]ANGLE: The Fantastic Express are chilling backstage awaiting the main event. They want to see which of their long-time rivals they have to face at Starclash to claim the Stomper Memorial Cups. They’re not worried either way as they are THE team of Empire Elite Entertainment.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Charlie Corner vs. Trent ‘The Talent’ Shaffer
In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Charlie Corner defeated Trent Shaffer in 19:46 by pinfall with a Corner Cutter.
Rating: 65

[*]ANGLE: Honest Frank Jr is ready for Starclash. He and Big Jon will be rolling into the Greenwalt Dome with a view to retiring Angry Gilmore. Well, not retire… more like bury. You can just call him the legend killer.

[*]STOMPER SEMI FINAL MATCH: Cross River Connection vs. The Biggins Boys
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, The Biggins Boys defeated Cross River Connection in 10:23 when Bart Biggins pinned Perfect Pepper Pelton while using the ropes for leverage.

[*]ANGLE: After the match The Twin Powers, with Billy Keelan directing traffic, assault Prime Time. Perfect Pepper is already unconscious, when Harper puts Prime Time through a table. The champions pose to end.

[*]OVERALL RATING: 79 – 0.67 (503,024 viewers)

And thus the card takes shape with a couple of weeks to go. The big news online was the purchases of smaller companies, which in turn draws more attention to us at exactly the right time. There was a chance Larry was a genius. Then I saw it. On the same night as Starclash was… Total Mayhem. The old man had specifically setup the calendar of events to mirror TCW. He’d obviously targeted the weakest of the big three. And now he was gambling that we could beat them; head-to-head. Absolute stones on the old man. Still nothing like pressure to bring out the best (or worst) in us.

From the completion of the MAW buy-out we took the two tournament titles and signed Sam Keith to an exclusive written contract. He paid through the nose, but we would use him as both a road agent AND as the on-screen President of Empire Elite Entertainment. Along with his signing, we grabbed hold of Sione Tokoeka (renamed Crusher Toko), The Historian and, returning after our botched attempt to get him over… Dreadnought.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #16
Friday, Week 4, May 2024
Attendance: 10,335

[*]ANGLE: ‘The Star’ George Trapesi is out to rapturous applause. He’s ready for Sunday, but he wanted to ask Aaron Andrews to ‘his’ ring. The Ace obliges and the two men square off in the middle of the ring. Trapesi offers his hand, but Andrews is sceptical. But eventually he shakes the hand; Trapesi goes to leave but Andrews holds on. Just as it looks like they’re coming to blows, here come Riley McManus and Trent Shaffer. They think the two guys in the ring should just kiss and be done with it. Then, Valiant storms down and attacks them sending them running. But in the confusion Aaron Andrews ‘accidentally’ delivers a Star Maker Lariat to the champion.
Rating: 97

[*]TAG TEAM MATCH: The VCC vs. Samoan Wrecking Crew
In a decent match, The VCC defeated Samoan Wrecking Crew in 7:58 when JP Barnham submitted Loa Afu with a Golden Scissors.
Rating: 58

[*]ANGLE: Backstage Valiant is playing with his hair and smiling while Thom Barrowman asks him questions. He wasn’t sure how Trapesi ended up getting attacked, but he beat down both McManus and Shaffer, so he’s happy with how it all went. Trapesi approaches holding his neck and doesn’t seem impressed. Valiant just shrugs.
Rating: 80

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Valiant vs. Crusher Toko
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Valiant defeated Crusher Toko in 7:34 by pinfall with a Patriot Missile.

[*]ANGLE: Backstage Phil Anders and Charlie Corner are fighting. Angry Gilmore walks by and isn’t happy with his favourite ‘Youth’ getting into scraps. “Don’t wrestle in mud with pigs kid; you’ll end up dirty and they’re used to it.” Corner looks genuinely angry at what he considers a patronising comment and challenges Gilmore to a match right now.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Charlie Corner vs. Angry Gilmore
In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Charlie Corner defeated Angry Gilmore in 9:42 by pinfall with a Corner Cutter.

[*]ANGLE: Honest Frank Jr rushes the ring with Big Jon and beat down Angry Gilmore. Charlie Corner tries to save the old man, but Phil Anders joins the carnage. The heels stand tall.
Rating: 88

[*]GANG WARS MATCH: Fro Sure & Cross River Connection vs. Davis Wayne Newton & The Twin Powers
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Fro Sure and Cross River Connection drew with Davis Wayne Newton and The Twin Powers in 22:05 following a double disqualification.
Rating: 82

[*]ANGLE: After the match a wild brawl begins and more and more wrestlers pour out from the back. After each takes turns beating on one another, only Trapesi and Andrews remain, but The Ace has his back turned. Trapesi lines up for a Star Maker Lariat and when Andrews turns around, Trapesi doesn’t strike. Sending the message that he could have, but chose not to.

[*]OVERALL RATING: 85 – 0.72 (545,755 viewers)

One note from that absolute barn-stormer of a show; Charlie Corner has now beaten both Trent Shaffer and Angry Gilmore this month alone. It would seem we’ve found our natural Danny Hagman replacement and he’s knocking it out of the park. Everything I read told me he’d ascended straight to the main event based on those wins alone. Incredible.

But it was time now, for the biggest show in our history. And going toe-to-toe with TCW for the first time.

EEE Starclash

EEE World Heavyweight: Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews vs. ‘The Star’ George Trapesi ©

EEE Intercontinental: Fro Sure vs. Davis Wayne Newton ©

EEE World Tag Team: Cross River Connection vs. The Twin Powers ©

Stomper Memorial Cup: The Biggins Boys vs. The Fantastic Express

Valiant vs. Trent ‘The Talent’ Shaffer vs. ‘The Georgia Bulldog’ Riley McManus

Bradley Blaze & The VCC vs. Crusher Toko & Samoan Wrecking Crew

Next time… the Grandaddy of them all…

Shocking news from Larry Vessey. Did you look to grab anyone from WINNOW, ALPHA, CWW or IPW? I love CWW, and I'd hate to see them just shut down. Not like you're touring the UK any time soon...

Nope, just took their overness and moved on. A brutal shutting down of all small-scale companies. An attempt to force change on the wrestling world.

Wow, brutal shutdown of the Indies by Larry, probably even more surprised by Corner beating Shaffer. Happy to have moved up to tied first, although I'm still uncertain of whether I'll hold it:

EEE Starclash

EEE World Heavyweight: Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews def. ‘The Star’ George Trapesi ©

I have a personal recorded prediction on who the next champions are going to be were I'm currently 2/2, with Twin Powers and DWN being picked as the next champs. Andrews has been my pick since debut and I'm sticking with it

EEE Intercontinental: Davis Wayne Newton © def. Fro Sure

I feel it's pretty safe to say it's too soon for DWN to lose the belt, plus I'm still debating whether Fro Sure will be the next IC Champion as I feel there are three good picks

EEE World Tag Team: The Twin Powers © def. Cross River Connection

Definitely too soon for another title change. Still trying to telling if the CRC break-up is coming

Stomper Memorial Cup: The Biggins Boys def. The Fantastic Express

Heel champ, face challenger

Valiant def. Trent ‘The Talent’ Shaffer & ‘The Georgia Bulldog’ Riley McManus

Shaffer & McManus cost each other the match

Angry Gilmore def. Honest Frank Jr

Gilmore has had a few losses recently and as such needs a win

The Eagle def. Monty Trescade

The old trading wins story

Charlie Corner def. ‘The Stud’ Phil Anders

Has Phil ever actually beat Charlie?

Bradley Blaze & The VCC def. Crusher Toko & Samoan Wrecking Crew

Bigger names in VCC

EEE Starclash

Lots of rematches, and a lot of these could go any way (particular where there were a couple of "cheat to wins" last month). I wonder if the CRC is on its way to Splitsville...

I'm not sure how much longer you'll be able to keep Ace or where his scandal is up to - if he's going to hang around a bit longer, there's money to be made in the chase. Otherwise, it's a big notch in Trapeze's belt.

EEE Starclash

The Ace wins because of his ego, but only by DQ so no belt.

Last year I would have gone with a Sure thing, but DWN is on a roll.

Screwy finish

With herl champs it feels like the baby’s go over

So this feels like a setup against Valiant, but I can’t explain the Shaffer loss on TV. So Valiant gets the win after the old rivals Sabotage each other.

Honest Frankie won last month and is on a real rise. He’s got the mic skills and he has the pedigree.

Depending on how bad this injury is this could be a real crossup match. Monte should go over but his one term status is now a major concern.

The last time against my better judgement I took The Stud who went down with a thud. Now Corner upset The Talent on the last show. No way he would lose this match with so much momentum, right???

A single elite jobber vs a tag team job squad. The most over in this is the VCC, so Bradley gets his hand raised

EEE Starclash

I hope Andrews has offered to put someone over...

DWN should only lose this if he's going on to challenge for the big one

Didn't see this coming, but they're here now

Now this is hard to call. Heart says Express, brain says Biggins

Hardest match to predict all night, but there's a heel contender vacancy to full

This is a heart over brain pick. Not sure if you're ready to accept Gilmore now lives in the midcard

He's fit...

No way you build up Corner for him to lose here

Could see an upset, but not expecting it

EEE Starclash

EEE Starclash

rszkGoF.jpg

EEE Starclash I
Sunday, Week 4, May 2024
Greenwalt Dome, New York City, New York
Attendance: 40,967

STOMPER MEMORIAL CUP FINAL
wWJXhJT.jpg

o5fZsoZ.jpg28uAEtb.jpg8UKrnYt.jpgaiqygHA.jpg5LaI8Zz.jpg

It is arguable that these two teams have fought each other more than any other tag team in New York history. And now they both have the chance to beat the other and claim the prestigious Stomper Memorial Cup and the title shot that goes it. The action, as it always is, is fast and furious. Both teams are incredibly experienced and know each other inside and out and the match plays out like a ‘Best of’ series. Move and counter move is sumptuous and wonderful. Sadly; Bart Biggins, despite being the younger of the brothers, is out of his depth. There are a few missteps and his conditioning is obviously not what it used to be. Despite this, the crowd still get behind him and just when it looks like The Fantastic Express are about to finally win the tournament, Brett Superkicks Rafe into a B-Dropper from Bart. Hooking both legs guarantees the victory for the veteran team.
In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, The Biggins Boys defeated The Fantastic Express in 10:27 when Bart Biggins pinned Rafe Sashay with a B-Dropper. The Biggins Boys win the EEE Stomper Memorial Cup.
Rating: 59

Notes: Likely an upset to be honest. But we told you there was a plan and this was only part of it. The match was horribly disappointing, mainly because of the performance of Bart Biggins, whose body is collapsing faster than a wet cake. If we’d tried to hold off on giving them the win here for another year, they may not have made it.

SINGLES MATCH
byTfOQQ.jpgJse0WYq.jpg
Jason Patterson vs. The Masked Mauler

With little in the way of story; The Masked Mauler finds himself facing the young man out of Oklahoma. Despite his fire and passion, Patterson is no match for the bruising Mauler, who exhibits a series of old school moves (including a Big Swing), before putting his prey away with a traditional IRON CLAW!?!
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Masked Mauler defeated Jason Patterson in 4:48 by submission with an Iron Claw.

Notes: Simple squash match, although it’s interesting to note that these two have pretty good chemistry.

GANG WARS MATCH
A6oD1U1.jpgE8o7hSz.jpgvjPskbH.jpg
8UKrnYt.jpg
XfO5Dp0.jpgkmCkRf2.jpgKAeCeGi.jpg

After years of curtain-jerking, the Samoan Wrecking Crew finally have a third member and natural leader. With Crusher Toko proving his worth already, he leads the team into battle against the hard-hitting Blaze and VCC combination. It’s a slug-fest of a match, with all the guys taking turns to chop one another and hit power move after power move. To highlight the difference Toko makes, he actually manages to save the Wrecking Crew from a move which previously would’ve cost them defeat. He then almost single-handedly wins the match in the second decent upset of the night.
In a decent match, Crusher Toko and Samoan Wrecking Crew defeated Bradley Blaze and The VCC in 7:52 when Crusher Toko pinned JP Barnham with a Brainbuster Suplex.
Rating: 45

Notes: Ray Cavalero sustained a cracked tail bone and the match was not great.

SINGLES MATCH
CG2r1kM.jpg8UKrnYt.jpgBIQOlLR.jpg

The middle-aged and crazy older generation, take on the arrogant and whining younger generation in a surprisingly heated battle. Angry Gilmore, despite his age finally catching up with him saved his best performance in a while for the young Honest Frank Jr. Gilmore’s stamina is becoming a problem though and the match was littered with interference from Big Jon Walker and a healthy dollop of cheating from the young star in the making. Despite Gilmore’s rough and tough style, he couldn’t keep up with Frank Jr, who had him beat with a Roll of the Dice, but grabbed some tights when pinning for the added insult.
In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Honest Frank Jr defeated Angry Gilmore in 10:30 by pinfall with a handful of tights.

Notes: Legend Killer indeed. Continuing his success of recent months, Honest Frank Jr gets the win on the grandest stage of them all. Gilmore isn’t completely done yet, but this is likely his last big singles match before we consider forcing him into retirement someone down the line. He’s a fantastic backstage worker for us though, so we wouldn’t push until we thought he was ready. But there are plenty of younger stars who can’t quite break through because he’s got a spot in the middle of the card.

SINGLES MATCH
JnVMyoM.jpg8UKrnYt.jpgquHpp42.jpg
The Eagle vs. Monty Trescarde

In the storylined match-up with the least heat heading into the show, the long-awaited rematch between Eagle and Monty delivers up to its build and not a bit more. It’s a solidly crafted match, but one which gave the audience a bit of a breather. Both men bring solid, methodical wrestling to a show filled with excitement and it sadly feels a little boring as a result. When in doubt on the big show, give the win to the face. Especially when the heel is suffering with chronic back pain.
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, The Eagle defeated Monty Trescarde in 10:24 by pinfall with a Freedom Slam.

Notes: BOR-RING!

S7oUIMU.jpgS7oUIMU.jpg
EEE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
Og26VqR.jpgi6W0twm.jpg2A0TPco.jpgr7FSDFS.jpgvJ2GYBp.jpg
Cross River Connection vs. The Twin Powers (c)

After the previous match-up the crowd were hungry for something meatier and the World Tag Team Title Match more than delivered. The Twin Powers and the Cross River Connection have been feuding for months, with the titles even changing hands. The match had a lot to live up to and thankfully it did. In a classic David vs. Goliath match-up, the Cross River Connection were forced to use their speed to counter the bullying nature of Smith and Harper. As the match drew to a close, there was another miscommunication between Prime Time and Perfect, but this time Pep is able to avoid the collision, sending Prime Time into Harper. With him out the way, Pep delivered a massive Fisherman’s Suplex to Bulldozer (a feat needing to be seen to be believed) and linked the fingers into a bridged pin for the 1-2-3.
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Cross River Connection defeated The Twin Powers in 10:05 when Perfect Pepper Pelton pinned Bulldozer Brandon Smith with a Fisherman's Suplex. Cross River Connection win the EEE World Tag Team.
Rating: 73

Notes: This match was great with everyone working hard to deliver some big time drama. The Cross River Connection are both masters of their craft and the miscommunication fake-out nearly had the crowd believing they’d lose. But the face’s prevailed in the match of the night so far.

SINGLES MATCH
CFrKEUe.jpg2A0TPco.jpgLOvZQL1.jpg

A few weeks ago, this would’ve been an interesting match-up between two equals. But heading into the match, Corner is the overwhelming favourite having beaten both Trent Shaffer and Angry Gilmore and the big match-up is nothing more than a glorified squash as Corner makes relative short work of The Stud.
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Charlie Corner defeated Phil Anders in 10:27 by pinfall with a Corner Cutter.
Rating: 62

Notes: The build to this was skewed by the sudden decision to push Corner and poor Anders suffers as a result. But with Hagman out long-term, I needed someone to step up and with the help of Gilmore and Shaffer; Corner became the guy.

VTekg1g.jpg
EEE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH
zDtpfzU.jpg2A0TPco.jpgwQkukIZ.jpg
Fro Sure vs. Davis Wayne Newton (c)

Arguably the match-up with the best possible in-ring talent was fought over the Intercontinental Title. Fro Sure, riding a wave of red hot momentum clashed with Davis Wayne Newton, the defending champion riding a white-hot wave of his own. In a match-up which could legitimately have gone either way, both men enter the match with some of their best mic-work on display during the build-up. It’s a fast-paced affair, which incorporates chain-wrestling to the delight of the nuclear hot crowd. In quite incredible scenes, the champion, who is known worldwide for his cheating ways, doesn’t indulge in it and even more incredibly, he manages to out-wrestle his opponent, locking in the STF for the victory.
In an exceptional match, Davis Wayne Newton defeated Fro Sure in 22:49 by submission with a STF. Davis Wayne Newton makes defence number three of the EEE Intercontinental.

Notes: These two are future main event stars and no denying it. I didn’t think it was quite time to switch the belt just yet. But there is no doubt in my mind that both of these guys will be higher-up the card next year. Perhaps even in the main event proper.

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
zJeThcw.jpg8UKrnYt.jpgHg5o5es.jpg8UKrnYt.jpgbBuKkOf.jpg

A rare triple-threat match for our three biggest stars not in a feud for gold. The stories of Trent and Riley have been intertwined since The Talent joined us here in New York. And here we are almost a year later and they’re still embroiled in one another’s business. They are without doubt two of the most solid all-round workers we have and the audience love the fact that they have an on-again-off-again team. Valiant plays the outlier of the match. The all-American, apple pie-eating hero who stands for truth, justice and the American way. Like American Machine, but way more popular. The match is classic sports entertainment fare, so as to best hide Valiant’s in-ring deficiencies. Despite the slower pace, the crowd lap up the action because of the names involved in the actual fight. Despite the heels outnumbering Valiant, he always rises to a big show and after Riley and Trent inevitably turned on one another, Valiant was there with a waiting V-Split for the pinfall and the win.
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Valiant defeated Riley McManus and Trent Shaffer in 22:23 when Valiant pinned Trent Shaffer with a V-Split.
Rating: 77

Notes: Fantastic match with two great in-ring workers and all three men being suitably over too. Valiant must be kept strong as per Larry’s instructions, mainly because he’s out-selling all other workers in merchandise by about 10-1. But this was the perfect setup for the main event proper.

Zp1VJW8.jpgfIu4eTQ.jpg

Mitch Naess and Emma Chase rundown the showdown we're about to see between Aaron 'The Ace' Andrews and 'The Star' George Trapesi including highlighting Trapesi being the first ever EEE World Heavyweight Champion proper and The Ace winning the inaugural Empire Royale. We are then treated to a video package of the two men, their interview and their interactions. It's all set to My Way by Limp Bizkit.

iBQloHy.jpg
EEE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
Y6ssmXZ.jpg8UKrnYt.jpgD2wAv3i.jpg
Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews vs. ‘The Star’ George Trapesi (c)

The match the world has been waiting for for two months. Ever since Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews overcame the odds in the first ever Empire Royale and claimed victory and a title shot, these two friends have been on a collision course. After two elaborate entrances (Trapesi got the actual Sirius to play his theme live), the two men stand in the spotlighted ring while the crowd offer duelling chants. Andrews has perhaps been hungrier and more morally grey nit he build-up to the event, but the crowd split for the two men is equal.
In an exceptional match, George Trapesi defeated Aaron Andrews in 25:24 by pinfall with a Star Maker Lariat. George Trapesi makes defence number eight of the EEE World Heavyweight.

Notes: Not much I can say that these two didn't say in the ring. While it may not have been the best built match-up in company history, it also wasn't a letdown. Good enough for me.

OVERALL RATING: 82

In the production office after the show, with bleary eyes and lots of coffee we waited for the figures to come through. We’d got 708,520 viewers on same day as Total Mayhem XXVIII, which was a great start. But the key to us was the head-to-head figures. Starclash had got an 82, while Total Mayhem got… 80. A cheer rippled through the office. I made sure to check the finances; we’d lost $720,556, which in a period of spending heavily on child promotions and buyouts was actually better than I’d thought it would be.

In defense of TCW, which is not something I’d normally do; main event star and World Heavyweight champion Chris Flynn had torn his quad a week out from the sure, forcing them to insert old NYCW star Kip Keenan to face Sammy Bach. He’d done pretty well, but I couldn’t imagine what would’ve happened if the same had happened to us.

Still, a win is a win. And it was a big one for us.

Next time… the post-Starclash All Star Wrestling promises a big debut, and a face from our past makes waves online…

Prediction Results For EEE Starclash I

1. John Lions - 7/10

1. KyTeran - 7/10

3. Herrbear - 6/10

4. DinoKea - 5/10

4. eayragt - 5/10

4. Theheel - 5/10

7. Scottie - 2/10

Overall Prediction Standings

1. KyTeran - 22/35 (63%)

2. DinoKeo - 21/35 (60%)

2. eayragt - 21/35 (60%)

2. Theheel - 21/35 (60%)

2. Herrbear - 21/35 (60%)

2. John Lions - 21/35 (60%)

7. MisterRomanini - 15/25 (60%)

8. Scottie - 5/16 (31%)

The biggest show is in the books and rather than seperating folks, it's brought everyone together. As I was reading John Lions and KyTeran's predictions I had a feeling that they'd setup shop in my head. But some truly great guesses, although the main event seems to have thrown people. Which I hope is a good thing.

One last note from me; thank you Scottie for the nomination for Diary of the Month. If anyone would like to vote for this diary click here. But if you just want to keep reading, that's great too. Thanks again everyone.

New York City… where the people are beautiful… and dumb…

Former multi-time EEE World Heavyweight Champion and salami-juggling champion Brutus Milano reappeared in our lives in the most Brutus way possible. He’d been online making some pretty wild political comments. The reaction had been predictably terrible, at least as terrible as the comments themselves. I’d always known Brutus was prone to believing everything he read, but judging by his commentary, he must’ve been reading some horrific stuff. What had appeared to be a storm in a teacup had now escalated resulting in USPW having to distance themselves from him and he in turn deactivating his social media accounts. Funnily enough, he’d been on something of a hot streak teaming alongside fellow former-NYCW alumni Richie ‘The Body’ Riggins. They were both currently adorning Joker-like face paint and were playing anarchist, insane asylum inmates in a team called The Psycho Circus. A look at their matches over the last two months had shown them winning every match their in. I had to admit, I would never have thought to do that myself. Fair play to USPW.

With the big show in the books and a number of storylines having reached their natural conclusion, it was time to start rearranging the pecking order and moving new players into new stories. We had a nostalgic debut lined up who’d step into the main event and it was time to push the boundaries of what others had achieved to this point.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #17
Friday, Week 1, June 2024
Attendance: 11,303

[*]ANGLE: George Trapesi starts the show and immediately calls out Aaron Andrews. He respects the Hell out of his opponents performance at Starclash. They said they’d set the wrestling world alight. And they did. The two shake hands as Slaves and Bulldozers plays. Here come The Twin Powers, Monty Trescarde and Billy ‘The Brain’ Keelan. Keelan takes the mic. He’s disappointed that his Family took all the losses. It told him that he wasn’t doing things right. That there was a missing ingredient and he’s realised what it is. So last night he put in a call and signed the hottest free agent to The Keelan Family…

Slither by Velvet Revolver starts to play…

ML8UCew.jpg

Here is Joey Minnesota.

The Keelan Family charge the ring and attack. Valiant appears from the back to try to make the save, but Minnesota hits the Empire Spiral on him to announce his arrival.
Rating: 85

[*]TAG TEAM MATCH: The Fantastic Express vs. Ben Williams & Bryan Jewett
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Fantastic Express defeated Ben Williams and Bryan Jewett in 11:49 when Rafe Sashay pinned Ben Williams with a Fantastic Flashbang.
Rating: 56

[*]ANGLE: ‘The Georgia Bulldog’ Riley McManus is backstage with Thom Barrowman and he’s asked why he didn’t get involved in what happened at the top of the show. McManus is not an idiot it seems. He’s not going to get himself embroiled in that nonsense. He wants one thing… the EEE World Heavyweight Title and he’s going to do everything to get it. But he’s going to be smart about it.
Rating: 89

[*]SINGLES MATCH: The Eagle vs. William Jetterson
In a decent match, The Eagle defeated William Jetterson in 12:11 by pinfall with a Freedom Slam.
Rating: 62

[*]ANGLE: Prime Time and Perfect are backstage with Thom Barrowman when The Biggins Boys approach. They won the Stomper Memorial, so they want the title shot. But then The Fantastic Express appear having won already tonight and they think they deserve a shot too. “Why?” Pepper asks and the don’t have an answer. After some bickering, Prime Time puts his hands up and says:
“Guys, guys, GUYS! How cool is it that we’re all still doing this, after all this time?”
The Biggins and the Fantastics reluctantly agree that it is. So Prime Time has a suggestion.
“Why don’t we do it one last time, for old times sake, because let’s be honest Bart is a few days from retirement.”
“Hey!” Bart responds offended.
“Bro,” Brett interrupts. “Come on.”
“Still, you don’t say it.”
“As I was saying,” Prime Time continues. “Cross River Connection vs. The Biggins Boys vs. The Fantastic Express for the gold at the next big show?”
The other teams agree.
“You sure that’s a good idea?” Pepper asks.
“It’s a great idea Pep.”

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Fro Sure vs. Texas Hangman
In a decent match, Fro Sure defeated Texas Hangman in 11:43 by pinfall with a Sure Thing.
Rating: 63

[*]ANGLE: The Eagle is now with Thom Barrowman and he’s feeling good. The Heart and Soul of the company lives to fight another day and the tiresome accountant is defeated. At this point The Masked Mauler enters, chanting Heart and Soul. The Eagle thanks him for his support and Mauler applies The Iron Claw, knocking Eagle out before marching off again chanting Heart and Soul.
Rating: 70

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Jason Patterson vs. The Masked Mauler
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Masked Mauler defeated Jason Patterson in 10:26 by pinfall with a Piledriver.
Rating: 56

[*]ANGLE: Davis Wayne Newton hits the ring. He’s only gone and done the impossible. He defended his Intercontinental Title against the talented loud-mouth Fro Sure. Normally he’d be celebrating in his balcony with a nice Pinot Noir, but he wanted to share his joy with all of the lazy underachievers who’ve never won a thing in their life… California Love starts playing… and here’s Charlie Corner. He tells DWN that he’s on a role at the moment. He’s beaten Shaffer, Gilmore and The Stud and he fancies a shot at a title. So they should fight, next week. DWN puts his hand up and says
“Before I agree to anything… who are you?”
“I’m Cali Cool Charlie Corner.”
“Welcome to EEE new guy, normally you have to earn a shot at the champ.”
“I’ve been here four years.”
“Sure you have rookie. But lucky for you I’m feeling generous. Next week, I’ll make you famous.”

[*]GANG WARS MATCH: George Trapesi, Aaron Andrews & Valiant vs. The Keelan Family (Joey Minnesota & The Twin Powers)
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, The Keelan Family (Joey Minnesota, Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Andrew Harper) defeated George Trapesi, Valiant and Aaron Andrews in 10:03 when Joey Minnesota pinned Aaron Andrews with an Empire Spiral after Billy Keelan interfered. Rating: 80

[*]OVERALL RATING: 80 – 0.71 (533,460 viewers)

After the show, I gave a quick speech to the boys, when Valiant approached me.

“Hey boss,” he started. “Just checking you’re ok with me joining CZCW for their next show?”

“Errr, not really. Is this my way of saying that you’ve signed somewhere else? Because I don’t think that’s how exclusive written contracts work.”

“No,” he laughed. “On a COTT loan.”

“We’re not part of the COTT anymore,” I said.

“I’m pretty sure we are.”

“…”

After an emergency meeting with Larry, Sam and Thom it turned out that our administration department had not actually ever sent the documents through to cancel our place in the alliance. Sam agreed to jump in his personal private jet and go to them directly to explain the situation. I’d be damned if a company almost identical in size to us was going to pinch one of our most over workers for a show.

Having sorted that out, I asked our digital team to get a profile of our newest star onto the website:

ML8UCew.jpg
Joey Minnesota
Entrance Music: Slither by Velvet Revolver
A man known for his vicious in-ring style and even more vicious tongue; Joey Minnesota is a man with a long history. The veteran made his name in NYCW and is actually a multiple-time EEE World Heavyweight Champion, from back when it was called the NYCW Empire Title. Having jumped around in other major promotions around the world, he has returned home alongside Agent to the Stars Billy ‘The Brain’ Keelan, to reclaim the title which made him famous.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #18
Friday, Week 2, June 2024
Attendance: 10,676

[*]ANGLE: ‘The Star’ George Trapesi is out with Cheerleader Nicki. He’s a fighting champion. A man of honour and tonight, he’s willing to put the World Heavyweight Title on the line against any challenger. The rock version of O Canada plays and here comes the Canadian Hero from Toronto, Ontario, Canada… Davis Wayne Newton. Dressed in a suit, with shades he breezes past Trapesi without even acknowledging him. He then stops to wink at Nicki before grabbing a microphone. He says tonight he’s giving some Make a Wish Kid called Charlie Corner the wish of a lifetime by facing him in the ring for his Intercontinental Title. Once he’s defended that, he might go for another title. He then spots the World Heavyweight Championship over Trapesi’s shoulder. DWN introduces himself and asks who Trapesi is holding the title for. The World Champ delivers a sudden an unexpected Star Maker Lariat, leaving DWN knocked out.
Rating: 91

[*]EEE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: The Masked Mauler vs. ‘The Star’ Gerorge Trapesi (c)
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, George Trapesi defeated The Masked Mauler in 10:19 by pinfall with a Star Maker Lariat. George Trapesi makes defence number nine of the EEE World Heavyweight.

[*]ANGLE: Thom Barrowman is backstage with the Samoan Wrecking Crew. Both have new gear and look more muscular. Barrowman mentions that they asked for an interview. What is it they want to talk about? Loa Afu says they’ve been here long enough to know that if you’re not blond-haired and blue-eyed then you get passed over. They also know that being a tag team without support won’t work either. But luckily, they now have support. Crusher Toko enters, says something in Maori, fist-bumps the Wrecking Crew and they leave.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Chip Martin vs. Crusher Toko
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Crusher Toko defeated Chip Martin in 7:32 by pinfall with a Brainbuster Suplex.
Rating: 49

[*]ANGLE: Billy Keelan is backstage and he cuts off Barrowman before he can ask any questions. He thinks it’s outrageous that his men; The Twin Powers were robbed of the titles by those cheating Cross River Connection. And then, they don’t even invite the Powers to use their rematch. That’s because they’re scared… all of them. So to all three of the loser teams in this so called match, they’re going to challenge one of them to take their spot. The Biggins Boys are on hand to accept the match in two weeks. Keelan is then keen to note that WHEN they get into the triple threat match, they’re going to keep the rematch clause in their pockets.

[*]TAG TEAM MATCH: The VCC vs. The Twin Powers
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, The Twin Powers defeated The VCC in 7:47 when Andrew Harper pinned JP Barnham with a Stereo Powerbombs.

[*]ANGLE: Angry Gilmore is with Barrowman and he’s angry. Angry about the state of the economy. Angry about Italian-Americans thinking they know politics and more than anything angry that the Keelan Family seem to be ignoring the fact that he beat one of their number at Starclash. So he’s on the hunt for another one of them. But first he’s going to finish off Honest Frank Jr’s bodyguard. Trent Shaffer appears beside him; The Talent says that if he’s gunning for the Keelan Family, he’s still got some scores to settle. Gilmore looks Shaffer in the eye and slowly says… I don’t like you.
Rating: 84

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Angry Gilmore vs. Big Jon Walker
In a bout that had good heat but sub-par wrestling, Angry Gilmore defeated Big Jon Walker in 6:24 by pinfall with an Anger Management.

[*]ANGLE: After the match Honest Frank Jr gets in the ring and starts yelling at Big Jon. He doesn’t like losers being associated with him. Jon gets angry, so Frank Jr low blows him and beats him down with a chair.

[*]EEE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Charlie Corner vs. Davis Wayne Newton (c)
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Charlie Corner defeated Davis Wayne Newton in 19:47 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Charlie Corner wins the EEE Intercontinental.

[*]OVERALL RATING: 79 – 0.70 (526,375 viewers)

What a fantastic win for California Cool Charlie Corner as he uses the same tactics made famous by DWN to get the upset win and the title belt. Corner was finally shifting into the phase of his career where he is cashing in on the potential we’ve seen in him for so long. And all it took was a little faith from a couple of our main event stars. The other big news from the show was Honest Frank Jr effectively firing Big Jon Walker. We’d be sending him to NYCW to help polish his skills before bringin him back to the main roster. We also had Crusher Toko (Sione from MAW) debut and to give a little boost to the Samoan Wrecking Crew. We’d dabble with their characters a bit and give them all a try-out.

Kv8PoFh.jpg
Crusher Toko
Entrance Music: Waka Maori by Waka Maori Gang
The first native Maori superstar in Empire Elite Entertainment history; Crusher Toko has already made a big impact in the United States and now brings that raw fire and fury to New York City. Already aligning himself with the powerhouse team of Loa Afu and Loa Laki; Crusher hopes to make a big name for himself and to fight back against the oppression and violence he’s seen in his life so far. His plan is to do that by destroying all the blond-haired, blue-eyed superstars who’ve been given breaks he and his people never have.

As I was in the limo downtown to the NYCW Summer in the City show, Larry called me. Apparently Bryan Vessey’s contract with CZCW was coming up for renewal and he’d already send across a counter-offer. We’d lost out on the legendary Vessey brother once before to Cliff Anderson, we weren’t about to do it again. Hopefully he’d mellowed out a bit since his last stay, although that seemed unlikely.

PrEaccU.jpg

NYCW Summer in the City 2024
The Ministry, New York City
1,000 (SOLD OUT!?)

Denny King defeated Dreadnought – 58
The Historian defeated Geoff Borne – 58
Ray Snow defeated Crockett Tubbs – 55
Sandman Winks defeated Stevie Stanley to retain the NYCW Nationwide Title – 55
The Wild Dogs defeated The Latino Kings to retain the NYCW Tag Team Titles – 51
Stan Manna defeated Leonardo Fry – 32
Taylor Mitchell defeated Astro – 32
Benjamin Reeves defeated Flip Simpkins – 45
OVERALL RATING: 56

Not a bad show overall and I liked most of the pairings and the results. Denny King was having something of a career revival down in NYCW and I loved it.

Next time… Joey Minnesota raises some Hell and a new World Heavyweight champion is crowned…

New York City… home of the greatest tag team trio in the world…

I’d spoken with Sam Keith backstage and we’d agreed that the tag team triple threat match should go on last at the next Supershow (which we’d dubbed ‘End of an Era’). The teams of Cross River Connection, The Biggins Boys and The Fantastic Express had given us so much in our climb to the top already, it was the least we could do. But there was still two shows to go before then and we had a card to fill out.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #19
Friday, Week 3, June 2024
Attendance: 11,231

[*]ANGLE: Joey Minnesota is out and he’s looking forward to some action. At the next Supershow, he intends to beat Trapesi senseless and reclaim his spot at the very top of professional wrestling. He’s been a World Champion before, but it’s time to prove once again why he’s the absolute best. This brings out George Trapesi who simply says, “You want it, come get it!”

[*]EEE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Flip Simpkins & Stevie Stanley vs. Cross River Connection (c)
In a decent match, Cross River Connection defeated Flip Simkins and Stevie Stanley in 11:35 when Perfect Pepper Pelton pinned Flip Simkins with a Prime Time Perfection. Cross River Connection make defence number one of the EEE World Tag Team.
Rating: 50

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Bryan Jewett vs. ‘The Stud’ Phil Anders
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Phil Anders defeated Bryan Jewett in 10:27 by pinfall with a Hangman's Neckbreaker.
Rating: 41

[*]ANGLE: The Eagle is backstage with Barrowman and he’s looking for The Masked Mauler because he’s got a score to settle. But no one has seen The Mauler this week. Eagle continues his search.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Garry the Entertainer vs. Honest Frank Jr
In a decent match, Honest Frank Jr defeated Garry The Entertainer in 11:43 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.

[*]ANGLE: Honest Frank Jr has seen Corner has gone and won the Intercontinental Title and he wants to be first in line for a shot after Corner has beaten Mauler. Until then, he and his new bodyguard has some Hell to raise. He introduces the world to the man watching his back… Dreadnought.
Rating: 78

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Valiant vs. William Jetterson
In a decent match, Valiant defeated William Jetterson in 9:35 by pinfall with a V-Split.

[*]ANGLE: Prime Time and Perfect Pepper are back out to join the announce team to watch the showdown between The Biggins Boys and The Twin Powers. They hope to see the Biggins win, but they know just how tough and strong the challengers are.

[*]TAG TEAM MATCH: The Biggins Boys vs. The Twin Powers
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, The Biggins Boys defeated The Twin Powers in 9:54 when Andrew Harper was disqualified while fighting Bart Biggins.
Rating: 74

[*]OVERALL RATING: 76 – 0.69 (521,691 viewers)

George Trapesi’s “You want it, come get it!” catchphrase in that show appears to have taken off online. We’ve leapt into action and stuck it on t-shirts and the hope is that it will sell a lot of merchandise. Over in the Confederation of the Territories, Americana Jr won the COTT World Heavyweight Title, which was certainly a way to go. But the biggest news was the return to wrestling of Buddy Garner who signed a contract with the new company; Pro Wrestling Max. Good for all involved I say, especially as we didn’t need him. It’s so easy to be magnanimous when you don’t care.

Finally, Bryan Vessey had agreed to his contract and was coming home to bolster our already awesome group of Road Agents.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #20
Friday, Week 4, June 2024
Attendance: 10,700

[*]ANGLE: ‘The Star’ George Trapesi is out. He’s getting sick and tired of old names coming back and trying to rekindle some old careers at the expense of the new generation. So Joey Minnesota… you used to be a name around here. And now, now you’re not. But he’ll give the broken down has-been a shot at the gold. “You want it, come get it!”
Rating: 89

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Bradley Blaze vs. ‘The Georgia Bulldog’ Riley McManus
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Riley McManus defeated Bradley Blaze in 8:53 by pinfall with a Slingshot Suplex.
Rating: 66

[*]ANGLE: Fro Sure is having a great time. Sure he missed out on some Gold, but he’s got enough bling for the time being. But at End of an Era, he is going to beat Davis Wayne Newton.
Rating: 81

[*]TAG TEAM MATCH: The VCC vs. Samoan Wrecking Crew
In a decent match, Samoan Wrecking Crew defeated The VCC in 8:17 when Loa Afu pinned JP Barnham with an Archer Demolisher.
Rating: 58

[*]ANGLE: After the match the Samoan Wrecking Crew, along with Crusher Toko deliver a vicious beatdown on The VCC.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Fro Sure vs. Texas Hangman
In a decent match, Fro Sure defeated Texas Hangman in 8:28 by pinfall with a Sure Thing.

[*]ANGLE: Prime Time and Perfect Pepper are playing video games backstage.
“You ready Prime Time?”
“Born ready Pep. It’s going to be a tough match, but we know The Biggins and The Fantastics better than anyone. And I know you’re going to say that they know us better than anyone and you’re not wrong. But history has shown when the time comes, the Cross River Connection step up and deliver. We’ve been through too much not to take home the win. More than anything, I want to do something memorable, something better than anything that’s come before. This is our chance to deliver the match of our careers and cement our place as the best team in all of professional wrestling. I want you to know, that I wouldn’t be where I am without you. We have always been better together than apart. So while it’ll be tough. I really am ready Pep. Ready to make history.”
Perfect looks at Prime Time and says, “I meant are you ready for pizza?”
“Oh… yeah I could go for pizza.”
“Sweet.”

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Jason Patterson vs. Monty Trescarde
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Monty Trescarde defeated Jason Patterson in 7:33 by pinfall with a Cash Bonus.
Rating: 49

[*]ANGLE: We cut backstage to The Biggins Boys, who are stretching.
“How you feeling Bart?”
“Been better.”
“Leg still causing you issues?”
“Leg, knees, hips, back and neck. I’m in a bit a pain.”
“You going to be ready for the match at the weekend?”
“I always am.”
“One last push baby brother. One last chance to prove that we are the best tag team.”
The brothers fist-bump.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews vs. Trent ‘The Talent’ Shaffer
In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Aaron Andrews drew with Trent Shaffer in 22:03 following a double count out as the two brawl towards the entrance.
Rating: 79

[*]ANGLE: After the match Andrews and Shaffer continue to brawl, which draws out Riley McManus to attack The Ace. Trapesi makes the save, but is jumped by The Keelan Family, leading to; Cross River Connection, The Fantastic Express and The Biggins Boys. The three teams unite to fight away The Twin Powers.

[*]OVERALL RATING: 81 – 0.71 (532,657 viewers)

Love a big schmozz ending. So we were ready for our first major event headlined by a triple threat tag team match.

EEE Supershow: End of an Era

EEE World Tag Team: The Biggins Boys vs. The Fantastic Express vs. Cross River Connection ©

EEE World Heavyweight: Joey Minnesota vs. ‘The Star’ George Trapesi

EEE Intercontinental: The Masked Mauler vs. Charlie Corner ©

Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews vs. ‘The Georgia Bulldog’ Riley McManus

Angry Gilmore vs. Trent Shaffer

Valiant vs. Honest Frank Jr

Fro Sure vs. Davis Wayne Newton

The Eagle vs. ‘The Stud’ Phil Anders

Bradley Blaze & The VCC vs. Monty Trescarde & The Twin Powers

Next time… it’s the End of an Era…

EEE World Tag Team: The Biggins Boys vs. The Fantastic Express vs. Cross River Connection ©

EEE World Heavyweight: Joey Minnesota vs. ‘The Star’ George Trapesi

EEE Intercontinental: The Masked Mauler vs. Charlie Corner ©

Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews vs. ‘The Georgia Bulldog’ Riley McManus

Angry Gilmore vs. Trent Shaffer

Valiant vs. Honest Frank Jr

Fro Sure vs. Davis Wayne Newton

The Eagle vs. ‘The Stud’ Phil Anders

Bradley Blaze & The VCC vs. Monty Trescarde & The Twin Powers

Predictions

EEE World Tag Team: Cross River Connection © def. The Biggins Boys & The Fantastic Express

I don't see you double hot-shotting the title, but both the others are good options

EEE World Heavyweight: ‘The Star’ George Trapesi © def. Joey Minnesota

Joey does feel like he'll be next champion

EEE Intercontinental: Charlie Corner © def. The Masked Mauler

Corner only just won the belt and it feels like Mauler has reached his ceiling in the midcard. He's not taking it so soon, likely with an Eagle swooping in

‘The Georgia Bulldog’ Riley McManus def. Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews

I just like Riley

Trent Shaffer def. Angry Gilmore

Gilmore is retirement bound

Valiant def. Honest Frank Jr

Frank's good, but I'm not sure he's at the level to be beating Valiant, yet

Davis Wayne Newton def. Fro Sure

DWN feels a bit like he's moved beyond Fro

The Eagle def. ‘The Stud’ Phil Anders

Phil is one of your win on occasion guys

Monty Trescarde & The Twin Powers def. Bradley Blaze & The VCC

VCC have really just fallen to become jobbers at this point