(DOTM) New York is Always a Good Idea (Cverse)

Shocked by the Joey Minnesota get. Who was bidding for him and how excited are you to have him?

I signed him around 7 months before this debut. He was sat out there unemployed. So got him in a pricey 2 year exclusive deal. Then realised he had suffered a Major Injury. He’s only just got fit at this point.

I signed him around 7 months before this debut. He was sat out there unemployed. So got him in a pricey 2 year exclusive deal. Then realised he had suffered a Major Injury. He’s only just got fit at this point.

:eek:

EEE Supershow: End of an Era

EEE World Tag Team: The Biggins Boys vs. The Fantastic Express vs. Cross River Connection ©

Not sure if I've ever predicted a tag title match correct...

EEE World Heavyweight: Joey Minnesota vs. ‘The Star’ George Trapesi

DQ maybe?

EEE Intercontinental: The Masked Mauler vs. Charlie Corner ©

Masked Mauler does what he does best, and that's lie down for the top of the card

Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews vs. ‘The Georgia Bulldog’ Riley McManus

Definite case for Riley here

Angry Gilmore vs. Trent Shaffer

Makes sure he never gets out of the midcard

Valiant vs. Honest Frank Jr

Frank Jr may just be the one to kill the legend, but not yet

Fro Sure vs. Davis Wayne Newton

As long as this is DWN's only defeat to someone not in the Main Event anytime soon, I'm happy

The Eagle vs. ‘The Stud’ Phil Anders

Both these guys needs the win

Bradley Blaze & The VCC vs. Monty Trescarde & The Twin Powers

The VCC need to win more, but they're sinking right now

EEE World Tag Team: The Biggins Boys vs. The Fantastic Express vs. Cross River Connection ©

I'm getting serious Hardys/Jurassic Express/Young Bucks vibes. Give the Biggins a run with the EEE titles to get them in the record books before they ride off into the sunset. They've honestly exceeded all expectations and they deserve it (clap-clap-clapclapclap).

No chance Trapesi drops the title not in the main event... but I'm calling a schmozz match with either a DQ, draw, or big brawl PRECISELY because it isn't the main event. If Joey Minnesota is supposed to be the ace of Keelan's faction, then he can't job his first big match cleanly.

I've been blandly unimpressed with Charlie, but the rocket is strapped to him and what better way then to have him beat his old boogeyman that he could never beat when he was still developing?

Going to go against the grain here. Riley is very overtly talking about taking the "smart" approach to get a shot at the top gold, and I don't think his time in the limelight is finished. I think Ace winning just sets the precedent that all these new guys coming in just make all the old guard who got you to this point lay down for them. I think a double turn is interesting, since Ace hasn't really been a "good guy" and Riley could definitely freshen up with a face run that has some edge to it.

Trent's disappeared lately but Gilmore is running on fumes.

Speaking of homegrown guys laying down for new big stars... I do think Jr's time is a ways away from now, Valiant should be beating guys like him at least for the time being...

I think Fro has to win for him to hold his place in the card, but I also am pretty whatever about Fro even if his performances are good. DWN should be mixing it up with the top guys, and firmly equal or above all the new guys that have come in IMO.

Eagle is supremely underrated and should be in the spot Charlie Corner/Fro Sure are on the card IMO. He always turns up good performances and he's stayed relevant and over despite never really getting the ball.

Easy call.

[/b]EEE Supershow: End of an Era

New York City… where for the last time ever, three of the greatest teams in our history battle it out for all the marbles…

k91EC19.jpg

Sunday, Week 4, June 2024
Greenwalt Dome, New York City, New York
Attendance: 47,089

20-MAN BATTLE ROYAL: In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Crusher Toko won a battle royal in 10:23. The other members of the 'final four' were Stevie Stanley, Loa Laki and Loa Afu, with Stevie Stanley being the final elimination. Dreadnought got the most eliminations over the course of the match.
Rating: 60

Notes: A good opportunity to showcase Dreadnought’s power and impressive talent, while giving a boost to Toko and the Samoan Wrecking Crew. Plus it gets everyone a pay day.

EEE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: The Masked Mauler vs. Charlie Corner (c)
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Charlie Corner defeated The Masked Mauler in 9:55 by pinfall with a Corner Cutter. Charlie Corner makes defence number one of the EEE Intercontinental.
Rating: 67

Notes: Cali Cool was never losing here against his long-time rival. He’s just got the title and he’s the hot hand of the promotion. So hot in fact that he’s verging on being a main event level worker already, which could only help the prestige of the Intercontinental Title, which suffered a bit after the Hagman injury. Decent little match from these two.

SINGLES MATCH: The Eagle vs. Phil Anders
In a bout that had good heat but sub-par wrestling, The Eagle defeated Phil Anders in 10:07 by pinfall with a Freedom Slam.
Rating: 47

Notes: Ouch. These two obviously don’t click as Phil Anders looks set to become the unluckiest man on the roster. Each time we position him for a potential character-building moment, his opponent bests him or the universe rejects him. We hadn’t given up on him yet. But we needed to find something for him to achieve or go after.

GANG WARS MATCH: Bradley Blaze & The VCC vs. Monty Trescarde & The Twin Powers
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Monty Trescarde, Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Andrew Harper defeated Bradley Blaze and The VCC in 10:24 when Monty Trescarde pinned Bradley Blaze with a Cash Bonus.
Rating: 65

Notes: Another fairly obvious result in a string of them as Blaze lets the face team down. The VCC’s momentum was struggling ever since they officially changed their name and dropped Larry as their manager. But the two were impressive specimens who can stand toe-to-toe with The Twin Powers. But they were lacking something, that indefinable thing to get them over the hump.

SINGLES MATCH: Fro Sure vs. Davis Wayne Newton
In an exceptional match, Davis Wayne Newton defeated Fro Sure in 10:16 by submission with a STF after blatantly cheating.
Rating: 80

Notes: Quite possibly the future of our main event scene deliver and then some in a match with a screwy ending. The crowd were buzzing off of this match and I was too. DWN gets the win, making sure he cheated to set-up the ending. That works twofold; he gets the win, and Fro Sure gains some sympathy in defeat. I was still mildly concerned that Fro Sure could up and go on tour with his band at any moment, which is what has somewhat held him back in the past. But with a couple of years with no tour, it might be time to elevate and see what he can bring to the big matches.

SINGLES MATCH: Valiant vs. Honest Frank Jr
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Valiant defeated Honest Frank Jr in 9:49 by count out.
Rating: 71

Notes: Larry had approached me before the show to remind me that we had to keep Valiant at a certain level of popularity. So he gets the win over our rising star, but we worked our way around it by having Valiant be dominant, but Honest Frank Jr deciding that discretion is the better part of valour and he walked out causing an intentional count out. Thus regaining any lost heat immediately. He’s such a wonderfully a-hole heel, especially now that he’s got Dreadnought backing him up. Valiant was an interesting dilemma to have. He was comfortably the most popular worker on the roster, with a legendary Patriotic American gimmick. But he also was older than most of our top stars and lacked the stamina to last in matches longer than about ten minutes. Perhaps we should look to elevate him to the Title scene as a test?

SINGLES MATCH: Angry Gilmore vs. Trent Shaffer
In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Trent Shaffer defeated Angry Gilmore in 9:49 by pinfall with a Heart Burn.

Notes: Sometimes the dastardly heel just straight-up beats the face. And Angry Gilmore was going downhill fast in terms of his in-ring work. He’d been such a fantastic worker for us for so long that we’d prolonged his career at his request and frankly he was still bringing enough goodness to keep that roll going.

SINGLES MATCH: Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews vs. ‘The Georgia Bulldog’ Riley McManus
In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Riley McManus defeated Aaron Andrews in 21:40 by pinfall with a Slingshot Suplex after Fern Hathaway interfered.
Rating: 78

Notes: The former number one contender falls even further as The Georgia Bulldog gets a solid win, even with Fern-a-ference. This should hopefully increase the blood feud nature of their storyline together and make the blow-off even more satisfying. It helped that they delivered a fantastic match in the process.

EEE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Joey Minnesota vs. ‘The Star’ George Trapesi (c)
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, George Trapesi defeated Joey Minnesota in 10:16 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Press. George Trapesi makes defence number ten of the EEE World Heavyweight.

Notes: The Star brings out the Uber-finisher to beat Minnesota clean. Confession time, my soft spot for Minnesota may have blinded me to his actual value. He has proven himself as a solid worker, if a little lacking in stamina. But the idea that he’s an immediate main event level worker has been disproven. In fact, he’s been so disappointing, I’ve decided to go a completely different way with the main event. A head booker who cannot adapt as the situation changes is no use to anyone. And I can admit it when I’m wrong.

END OF AN ERA MATCH

S7oUIMU.jpgS7oUIMU.jpg
EEE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

o5fZsoZ.jpg28uAEtb.jpg
8UKrnYt.jpg
aiqygHA.jpg5LaI8Zz.jpg
8UKrnYt.jpg
Og26VqR.jpgi6W0twm.jpg

The Biggins Boys vs. The Fantastic Express vs. Cross River Connection (c)
Three of Empire Elite Entertainment’s best ever tag teams meet in a match-up the audience have seen many times over the last three years. This is the full-stop on a long-running feud which has defined the division and in many ways, our promotion since we began the climb. At this point, all three can lay claim to being the top team, each with a glittering resume of accomplishments and big wins. The build-up has seen The Biggins Boys looking for one last glory, while the Cross River Connection are the champions trying to prove their worthy of the gold despite some issues between them and The Fantastic Express have been undergoing a transformation from douchebag heels, to somewhat loveable, cocky youngsters. The mixture of feelings is experienced and demonstrated by the crowd who cheer all three teams during their entrances and begin a ‘This is Awesome’ chant before anyone’s even done a move. The action, as you might imagine, is fast-paced, fluid and while lacking in psychology more than makes up for it with wow moves. Bart plays your ‘Face-in-Peril’ role throughout as each team takes it in turns to beat on him as the weak link of the six. But The Biggins Boys are consummate professionals and never give-up despite the punishment. Unable to keep up the pace for long, the three teams exchange incredible high-flying moves with one another. Then with all six men in the ring, a lot happens in quick succession. Pep holds Rafe Sashay from behind as Prime Time lines up a Super Kick, but Rafe ducks at the last minute and Prime Time accidentally kicks Pep in the head, knocking him out of the ring. Rafe takes the moment of shock to hit a shining wizard on Prime Time, but is then bundled out of the ring by Brett who is looking to brawl. Zippy sees his partner being attacked and bonuces off the ropes and hurls himself over the top rope onto Rafe and Brett, which leaves an exhausted Bart and a wobbly-legged Prime Time in the ring. Seeming to get his bearings, Prime Time grabs Bart in a front headlock, but Bart drops to his knees and delivers a crushing low blow, then hooks Prime Time’s legs and rolls forward with the last of his energy into a bridging pin, as the referee counts 1-2-3 to the delight of the crowd.
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, The Biggins Boys defeated The Fantastic Express and Cross River Connection in 10:25; when Bart Biggins pinned Prime Time Jack Pryde following a low blow and a bridging pin. The Biggins Boys win the EEE World Tag Team.
Rating: 77

ANGLE: With the crowd chanting ‘Your Deserve It’ to The Biggins Boys; The Fantastic Express get in the ring looking like they’re ready for a fight. Then, instead of attacking they offer a handshake to the new champions to the delight of the crowd. Prime Time and Pep then approach the champions. Prime Time offers a handshake, but Pep snaps and delivers a heavy double-clotheslines. The Fantastic Express jump back into the ring and Pep viciously assaults them too. Prime Time then pulls Pep off when he looks to continue beating the downed men in the ring and the two have an argument. Prime Time is pleading with Pep, whose face is contorted with rage. Finally Prime Time yells “What are you doing?” and Pep gives him one last look, mouths ‘I’m sorry’ and then spears his own partner in half. With Prime Time unable to defend himself Pep kneels over him and punches him in the head again and again. With the assault finally over, Perfect Pepper Pelton gets out the ring as the crowd throws things at him and he just flips them off and keeps walking.
Rating: 82

OVERALL RATING: 76

And that, is how you do that?

Next time… is this the end of the Cross River Connection?...

Prediction Results For EEE Supershow: End of an Era

1. MisterRomanini - 9/9

2. DinoKea - 8/9

3. John Lions - 7/9

4. Herrbear - 6/9

4. KyTeran - 6/9

4. Theheel - 6/9

7. King Bison - 5/9

8. eayragt - 4/9

Overall Prediction Standings

1. DinoKeo - 29/44 (66%)

2. John Lions - 28/44 (64%)

2. KyTeran - 28/44 (64%)

4. Herrbear - 27/44 (61%)

4. Theheel - 27/44 (61%)

6. eayragt - 25/44 (57%)

7. MisterRomanini - 24/34 (71%)

8. King Bison - 5/9 (56%)

9. Scottie - 5/16 (31%)

Massive congratulations to MisterRomanini who gets the perfect score having predicted the card exactly, top-to-bottom. That combined with his pick percentage means he's the most 'in my head' as we've come along so far. Special note to John Lions whose description and reasoning were nearly flawless, with only really the bold draw in the Title match letting him down. And finally a congratulations to DinoKea who takes the lead, whose calculations were also superb. Finally commiserations to eayragt who continues the streak of never getting the tag team titles correct. I confidently predict next months will be a very tough one to pick.

New York City… where tag team wrestling will never be the same again…

End of an Era bagged us a decent 739,495 viewers while we made a super-healthy $591,845 profit for the month. With the big, twist ending dominating our planning and thoughts in the week after the show, I took some time with our admin and merchandising department to see what was happening and who was selling what. I was also keen to find out how the figures had improved, if at all, since the last time I checked. To say that the figures were shocking, would be an understatement:

June Merchandise Figures:

1. Valiant - $516,271 (NEW)

2. Aaron Andrews - $47,222 (+$27,635)

3. George Trapesi - $32,933 (+$10,946)

4. Fro Sure - $26,125 (+$12,082)

5. Prime Time Jack Pryde - $24,206 (+$9,242)

6. Charlie Corner - $20,861 (NEW)

7. Angry Gilmore - $14,807 (+$4,635)

8. Perfect Pepper Pelton - $11,846 (+$1,840)

9. Emma Chase - $10,607 (+$0)

10. Trent Shaffer - $7,770 (+$1,777)

Valiant’s popularity was greater than I imagined and I suddenly understood why Larry had wanted to keep him hot. The guys was out-selling people like nobodies business AND with a contract that only gave him 30% of the proceeds, EEE were absolutely racking it in. The only other thing of note really, was Charlie Corner’s sudden appearance in the charts. But after the couple of months he’s had that did at least make sense.

With Starclash over and the follow-up show in the books, it was really time to start moving pieces around. I had thought Joey Minnesota would be a main event star for a few months, but I had now decided that he wasn’t and big changes needed to happen before our next Supershow.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #21
Friday, Week 1, July 2024
The Empire Ballroom, New York City, New York
Attendance: 10,915

[*]ANGLE: Prime Time Jack Pryde is out to Even Flow. He’s bandaged up and walking with a limp, but he’s got some things to say.
“Y’know, I’ve been racking my mind for what the Hell happened at the weekend. As I remember it, we fought in an incredible match, we lost and then my best friend in all the world attacked me. I understand that temperature’s run high and Pep’s always had a short fuse. But it had to be a mistake didn’t it? Pep, come out and explain yourself.” No one answers his request and he leaves confused.
Rating: 87

[*]GANG WARS MATCH: Bryan Jewett, Flip Simpkins & Chip Martin vs. Crusher Toko & Samoan Wrecking Crew
In a poor match, Crusher Toko and Samoan Wrecking Crew defeated Bryan Jewett, Flip Simkins and Chip Martin in 10:30 when Loa Afu pinned Flip Simkins with an Archer Demolisher.
Rating: 50

[*]ANGLE: Backstage Riley McManus is being interviewed by Thom Barrowman. He’s delighted at his victory against The Ace. He’s pretty sure that makes him the number one contender to the title now. He’s looking forward to beating Trapesi back to the midcard. He looks shocked and angry to hear that Davis Wayne Newton is the Number One Contender, when out of nowhere Aaron Andrews attacks and beats down the Georgia Bulldog.
Rating: 89

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Aaron Andrews vs. Texas Hangman
In a decent match, Aaron Andrews defeated Texas Hangman in 11:35 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press.
Rating: 63

[*]ANGLE: Charlie Corner is giving a pre-match interview, when he’s approached by Honest Frank Jr and Dreadnought. Honest Frank Jr said he wanted a title shot and he thinks it’s now time. Dreadnought leans in to intimidate, causing Corner to say ‘Easy there big fella.’ Corner has a match for tonight, but he’s a fighting champion and if it’s important to Frank, he can have a shot at the next Supershow? Frank looks confused at how relaxed Corner seems.
Rating: 79

[*]EEE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: William Jetterson vs. Charlie Corner (c)
In a decent match, Charlie Corner defeated William Jetterson in 12:14 by pinfall with a Corner Cutter. Charlie Corner makes defence number two of the EEE Intercontinental.
Rating: 61

[*]ANGLE: Billy ‘The Brain’ Keelan leads out The Twin Powers. They’ve been as good as their word. They didn’t interfere at the love-in tag title, end of an era nonsense. But they have a title shot and they’re cashing it in tonight. The Biggins Boys come out and they’re both looking beaten and bruised. Especially Bart who is hobbling. They respect the rules of combat and accept the match.
Rating: 81

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Angry Gilmore vs. Spike Sylvain
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Angry Gilmore defeated Spike Sylvain in 9:43 by pinfall with an Anger Management.
Rating: 66

[*]EEE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Twin Powers vs. The Biggins Boys (c)
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, The Twin Powers defeated The Biggins Boys in 9:56 when Andrew Harper pinned Bart Biggins following Stereo Powerbombs. The Twin Powers win the EEE World Tag Team.

[*]ANGLE: After the match is over, The Twin Powers continue the demolition of The Biggins Boys. They set-up tables, which draws out Prime Time Jack Pryde and The Fantastic Express. Once they hit the ring, Perfect Pepper Pelton comes out carrying a chair. He gets into the ring and stands next to Prime Time, slaps him on the chest and nods. Prime Time smiles as the Cross River Connection and The Fantastic Express line-up side-by-side to face down The Twin Powers. They step forward, but Prime Time notices Pepper hasn’t joined them, he turns as his former partner blasts him in the head with the chair. In the confusion, The Twin Powers attack The Fantastic Express, beating them down. With Pepper on the side of the Keelan Family, they pick up Bart and Brett and smash them through the tables before celebrating at the carnage around them.
Rating: 85

[*]OVERALL RATING: 80 – 0.72 (541,375 viewers)

And the heel turn is complete. The crowd’s reaction to Pep’s betrayal was wonderful and exactly what I wanted and having him and Prime Time on opposite sides gives us and them the opportunity to grow as workers. Speaking of growth; Charlie Corner, following his incredible recent success has been hard at work in the gym and now looks far more muscular than his previous toned look. It made him more intimidating… maybe I did have a thing about body shape. The night after the show was Supreme Challenge 44 and I watched as Nicky Champion won the SWF World Heavyweight Title in a fantastic match with Jay Chord. The son of the legend was almost the top worker I’d love to one day have on the roster. But we were nowhere near big enough to sign him yet. And in fairness our main event talent was arguably as good as any of the big US companies.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #22
Friday, Week 2, July 2024
Attendance: 11,270

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Garry the Entertainer vs. Davis Wayne Newton
In a decent match, Davis Wayne Newton defeated Garry The Entertainer in 11:48 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex.

[*]ANGLE: ‘The Star’ George Trapesi is out to congratulate the Canadian Hero DWN on a hard-fought victory. But winning at the start of a show is different to winning at the end of a show. And at the next Supershow, he’s going to teach DWN a valuable lesson.
Rating: 83

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Stevie Stanley vs. Crusher Toko
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Crusher Toko defeated Stevie Stanley in 9:33 by pinfall with a Brainbuster Suplex.
Rating: 53

[*]ANGLE: Backstage Riley McManus and Trent Shaffer are arguing with Thom Barrowman about who decided to give their number one contenders slot to the Canadian? Thom Barrowman mentions the Powers That Be, but Trent and Riley quickly start bringing up their history together, notably McManus tossing Shaffer out of the Empire Royale. While they’re arguing, Valiant and Aaron Andrews appear and before they can brawl it descends into an argument about who deserves a title shot.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Bradley Blaze vs. Honest Frank Jr
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Honest Frank Jr defeated Bradley Blaze in 11:54 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.

[*]ANGLE: Charlie Corner, whose been on commentary for Honest Frank Jr’s match was very complimentary about his opponent. With Frank Jr in the ring, Corner gets in. Dreadnought moves to defend, but Corner puts his hands up to calm the monster down. He offers a handshake to Frank, who tentatively accepts. Corner then looks at the hard camera and poses as if it were a photo. He then high-fives Frank Jr and leaves.

[*]TAG TEAM MATCH: The Fantastic Express vs. The Razorbacks
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Fantastic Express defeated The Razorbacks in 12:17 when Rafe Sashay pinned Jamarr Green with a Forward Russian Legsweep.
Rating: 58

[*]ANGLE: After the match, The Twin Powers strike and deliver a vicious beatdown to The Fantastic Express.
Rating: 84

[*]TAG TEAM MATCH: Aaron Andrews & Valiant vs. Riley McManus & Trent Shaffer
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Aaron Andrews and Valiant drew with Riley McManus and Trent Shaffer in 10:03 following a double disqualification.

[*]ANGLE: With all four men brawling in the ring. Sam Keith appears holding a familiar trophy.
“You all have a claim at the next shot at the World Heavyweight Title. So to settle matters, at the end of this month we’re going to have a four-man tournament in honour of one of the greatest to ever lace his boots. You four will compete in the RIP CHORD INVITATIONAL CHALLENGE. Winner gets the trophy and a title shot at Summer Salmboree.”
Rating: 90

[*]OVERALL RATING: 81 – 0.72 (542,912 viewers)

Having revealed Sam Keith as a natural authority figure and of course the man formerly responsible for the Rip Chord Invitational too made sense in the internal logic of our company. I hopped in the limo and headed downtown for my monthly visit to our child company.

PrEaccU.jpg

NYCW Rumble in the Bronx 2024
The Ministry, New York City
1,000 (SOLD OUT!?!)

Joey Minnesota & Big Jon Walker defeated Ray Snow & Denny King – 60
Sandman Winks defeated Marco Gonzalez to retain the NYCW Nationwide Title – 51
Jay Silver defeated Machine Gun Marino – 40
Captain Canada defeated Leonardo Fry – 40
Christian Plotcheck defeated Astro – 38
Bowden Snoop defeated Karl Greyjoy – 38
Taylor Mitchell defeated Blue Dragon – 31
Benjamin Reeves defeated Lonnie Vessey – 25
OVERALL RATING: 56

Good show from Mauler and Sanders here. Joey Minnesota was not particularly happy about being sent down there. But he because the de facto top star and could work with the next generation to shape them, hopefully, into a star like him. This marked the debut of a distant cousin of Larry and Bryan’s called Lonnie. Lonnie was a sweet kid, with… limited in-ring talent and barely noticeable charisma. He was also a hardcore specialist. But nothing is more important than family. So curtain-jerking on a minimum handshake deal was as far as I was willing to go in his development.

Next time… we continue to build to the Rip Chord Invitational and Perfect Pepper Pelton gets a World Title shot…

New York City… where betraying your partner and best friend immediately puts you in the main event…

We had two shows to go before the Rip Chord Supershow, and with all quiet on the news front, time flew into the third tv show of the month.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #23
Friday, Week 3, July 2024
Attendance: 11,670

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Valiant vs. Spike Sylvain
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Valiant defeated Spike Sylvain in 10:09 by pinfall with a V-Split.

[*]ANGLE: Perfect Pepper Pelton is backstage with Thom Barrowman and he’s dressed in a flamboyant suit, with an earring of a title belt and more bleached hair.
“Pep Pelton, what on Earth is going on with you at the moment?” Barrowman asks seriously.
“Don’t call me that,” Pepper responds. “Pep is what my friends call me. You can call me The Perfect One; because that’s what I am.”
“I don’t think your behaviour has been perfect recently. What do you have to say for yourself?”
“Look, I get it. Prime Time’s a popular guy. But I was tired of him holding me back. We should never have been a team, with him doing everything in his power to overshadow me. But when you look like I do, wrestle like I do and live like I do, you can’t be caged for long.”
“But you betrayed your best friend!”
“Now listen humanoid,” says a voice off camera and Billy Keelan enters. “He doesn’t need Prime Time, he doesn’t need anyone. But he has taken the smart move of bringing me in as his agent. The days of seeing this megastar play second fiddle to that nobody are done. Speaking of which; I’ve got him a shot at the World Heavyweight Title, tonight.”
“Good stuff Brain,” Pepper says. “Now you’re all going to see that I am what I say I am and that is; absolutely Perfect.”

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Alistair Shufflebottom vs. ‘The Stud’ Phil Anders
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Phil Anders defeated Alistair Shufflebottom in 8:24 by pinfall with a Hangman's Neckbreaker.
Rating: 49

[*]ANGLE: The Eagle is backstage with Thom Barrowman. He knows The Mauler is in action shortly, but he’ll be watching closely. It’s time the two of them met and decided once and for all, who the real heart and soul of the company is.
Rating: 64

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Porkchop Patterson vs. The Masked Mauler
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Masked Mauler defeated Porkchop Patterson in 7:53 by submission with an Iron Claw.
Rating: 50

[*]ANGLE: Billy Keelan is backstage talking to Monty Trescarde and neither man seems happy. Monty is tired of watching Fro Sure strut around the place like he owns it. At the Supershow he’s going to teach him a lesson that the only things that are inevitable are birth, death, Thanos and TAXES. Keelan has a warning to Trescarde too. He doesn’t represent losers. Don’t go the way of Shaffer and Minnesota.
Rating: 86

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Fro Sure vs. Bad News Barker
In a good match, Fro Sure defeated Bad News Barker in 10:09 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.

[*]ANGLE: Davis Wayne Newton comes to ringside in an elaborate robe. He purposefully ignores the hands of the audience and joins the announce team. He wants to see what the champ has to offer. There’s always people buzzing around the title, but seeing as he’s busy on the night of the Rip Chord Invitational, the only way to make it to the main event, is to beat the champion at what has become his one shot. To be the man, you’ve got to beat the man. And he intends to do just that.

[*]EEE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Perfect Pepper Pelton vs. ‘The Star’ George Trapesi (c)
In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, George Trapesi defeated Perfect Pepper Pelton in 22:30 by pinfall with a Star Maker Lariat following interference from Prime Time Jack Pryde. George Trapesi makes defence number eleven of the EEE World Heavyweight.

[*]ANGLE: Prime Time starts beating on Perfect with the fury of a thousand suns. All the pent up frustration spilling out as he destroys his former partner. Meanwhile the champion has been set upon by Davis Wayne Newton, obviously attacking to try and give himself an edge in their upcoming match.

[*]OVERALL RATING: 79 – 0.71 (532,766 viewers)

Nice work all round, with a number of stories ticking along at a good pace. Onwards!

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #24
Friday, Week 4, July 2024
Attendance: 11,353

[*]ANGLE: We open with ‘The Star’ George Trapesi. Tonight he’s facing Davis Wayne Newton in a pick your partner tag team match. He knows that the Weasel Billy Keelan has already moved Perfect Pepper into the slot, so he can think of no one better to join him, than…

Sabotage by The Beastie Boys…

Prime Time Jack Pryde dressed in a New York Sentinels jersey and a backwards baseball cap appears. The two fist bump.

[*]TAG TEAM MATCH: The VCC vs. Spike Sylvain & Texas Hangman
In a decent match, The VCC defeated Spike Sylvain and Texas Hangman in 7:59 when JP Barnham submitted Texas Hangman with a Golden Scissors.
Rating: 59

[*]ANGLE: After the match, Bryan Vessey returns to acknowledge the success of the VCC and that he’s back and going to help them achieve what they haven’t yet. If they listen to him and do exactly what he says, he’ll lead them to top of the mountain. It won’t be easy, but he promises it will be worth it.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Ben Williams vs. Dreadnought
In a terrible match, Dreadnought defeated Ben Williams in 4:46 by pinfall with a Dread Bomb.
Rating: 13

[*]ANGLE: Zippy and Rafe; The Fantastic Express in the ring.
“Twin Towers,” Rafe begins. “We hear you like to throw your weight around. Well, that’s ok, we like to throw your weight around too. And Come the Rip Chord Invitational Supershow, we’re going to do what we are destined to do. Win tag team titles.”
“You’re damn right Rafe,” Zippy agrees. “Seems to me, that it seems to be, The Twin Powers are the bullys of EEE. I don’t like bullies. I didn’t like that at High School in Kentucky and I don’t like em here.”
“You were bullied in school?” Rafe asks.
“Nope, they tried, but I broke the first one’s hand and from then everyone liked me.”
“Hah, I was popular at school too. Nice. But anyway, Twin Powers, your time is up. And if that weasel Billy Keelan gets involved. Well, we’ll have to kick his teeth in too.”

[*]SINGLES MATCH: The Eagle vs. William Jetterson
In a decent match, The Eagle defeated William Jetterson in 8:06 by pinfall with a Freedom Slam.

[*]ANGLE: Backstage Valiant is chatting with Thom Barrowman when Shaffer jumps him from behind and beats him down. Ending with the message; “I’ll see you Sunday, chump!”

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Jason Patterson vs. Monty Trescarde
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Monty Trescarde defeated Jason Patterson in 8:07 by pinfall with a Cash Bonus.
Rating: 57

[*]ANGLE: Honest Frank Jr is backstage with Dreadnought congratulating him on a successful debut. But he reminds him of the plan for Sunday. Honest Frank Jr exits with the gold, no matter what.
Rating: 86

[*]TAG TEAM MATCH: George Trapesi & Prime Time Jack Pryde vs. Davis Wayne Newton & Perfect Pepper Pelton
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, George Trapesi and Prime Time Jack Pryde defeated Davis Wayne Newton and Perfect Pepper Pelton in 20:41 when Billy Keelan was caught throwing a chair to Perfect Pepper Pelton.
Rating: 79

[*]ANGLE: After the match is over the whole Keelan Family storm the ring to attack, leaving Prime Time and Trapesi down. In the melee however Davis Wayne Newton is also hit and knocked out.

[*]OVERALL RATING: 80 – 0.71 (537,301 viewers)

And with that we were ready to bring back a classic.

EEE Supershow: The Rip Chord Invitational Challenge

Rip Chord Invitational Final: A vs. B

Rip Chord Semi A: Valiant vs. Trent Shaffer

Rip Chord Semi B: Aaron Andrews vs. Riley McManus

EEE World Heavyweight Title: Davis Wayne Newton vs. ‘The Star’ George Trapesi ©

EEE Intercontinental Title: Honest Frank Jr vs. Charlie Corner ©

EEE World Tag Team Titles: The Fantastic Express vs. The Twin Powers ©

Grudge Match: Prime Time Jack Pryde vs. ‘The Perfect One’ Pepper Pelton

Fro Sure vs. Monty Trescarde

The Eagle vs. The Masked Mauler

Angry Gilmore and The VCC vs. Crusher Toko & Samoan Wrecking Crew

Next time… return of the invitational…

EEE Supershow: The Rip Chord Invitational Challenge Predictions

Rip Chord Invitational Final: Riley McManus def. Valiant

I'm a big Riley McManus fan, so I want to see him win and take the title

Rip Chord Semi A: Valiant def. Trent Shaffer

Rip Chord Semi B: Riley McManus def. Aaron Andrews

EEE World Heavyweight Title: ‘The Star’ George Trapesi © def. Davis Wayne Newton

Not quite yet for DWN I don't think

EEE Intercontinental Title: Charlie Corner © def. Honest Frank Jr

Corner to keep the title a little longer

EEE World Tag Team Titles: The Twin Powers © def. The Fantastic Express

Surely you're finished hotshotting your tag team titles, although Fantastic Express is your biggest team without these titles

Grudge Match: ‘The Perfect One’ Pepper Pelton def. Prime Time Jack Pryde

Might need a bit of cheating but seems the way to go

Fro Sure def. Monty Trescarde

No more room in the Keelan family for Monty

The Eagle def. The Masked Mauler

I think Eagle is due a big win

Angry Gilmore and The VCC def. Crusher Toko & Samoan Wrecking Crew

Gilmore is that bit better than Blaze to help them get the win

Rip Chord Invitational Final: Valiant vs. Riley McManus

Rip Chord Invitational Final: Aaron Andrews

Rip Chord Invitational Final: Riley McManus

I see one of your own winning the Invitational, which is the kiss of death for Riley. I do see DWN as a future champion, but he can battle his way there - this is too early. Meanwhile, the Pryde / Pelton feud is here for a while, and you've always be fond of a match being thrown out to keep a feud going.

Rip Chord Invitational Final: Valiant vs. Riley McManus

I don't think there's anyone worse at guessing than me, but here goes:

Rip Chord Invitational Final: Valiant

Rip Chord Invitational Final: Valiant

Rip Chord Invitational Final: Aaron Andrews vs. Trent Shaffer

New York City… the Cross River Connection EXPLODE…

k91EC19.jpg

Sunday, Week 4, July 2024
Greenwalt Dome, New York City, New York
Attendance: 47,279

RIP CHORD SEMI FINAL: Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews vs. ‘The Georgia Bulldog’ Riley McManus
In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Aaron Andrews defeated Riley McManus in 9:46 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press.
Rating: 74

Notes: Clean win for The Ace to move him back towards the top of the card and get his revenge against the Georgia Bulldog. Fabulous opener from to of our best ring generals and one which sees Andrews move into the finals.

RIP CHORD SEMI FINAL: Valiant vs. Trent Shaffer
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Valiant defeated Trent Shaffer in 10:24 by count out.
Rating: 76

Notes: Valiant is impervious to loss for now and Trent is a fading top-level star. There’s still juice in his character work and in-ring talents, but it’s unlikely he’ll ascend to the top without a drastic change to his popularity. He saw us through some of our best times and was about as much of a made man as it was possible to be. We’d look after him.

SINGLES MATCH: Prime Time Jack Pryde vs. ‘The Perfect One’ Pepper Pelton
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Pepper Pelton defeated Prime Time Jack Pryde in 10:10 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex after Billy Keelan interfered.
Rating: 75

Notes: Unsurprisingly, these two not only have great chemistry as a tag team, but in singles competition too. This was great news for me as a booker, because we had such limited good chemistry that having it in two young stars with an in-built story could mean serious money. The Perfect One gets the win via cheating to continue his character overhaul and white hot momentum.

GANG WARS MATCH: Angry Gilmore & The VCC vs. Crusher Toko & Samoan Wrecking Crew
In a decent match, Angry Gilmore and The VCC defeated Crusher Toko and Samoan Wrecking Crew in 10:29 when JP Barnham submitted Loa Laki with a Golden Scissors.

Notes: With Bryan Vessey having taken control of the former Vessey Combat Club, they had been invigorated. The mini-push for the Samoans and Toko had not been as immediately successful as I had hoped. Not their fault, probably mine. But I just wasn’t buying them as a legitimate threat. Still as a lower card trio they served a purpose.

EEE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Honest Frank Jr vs. Charlie Corner (c)
In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Charlie Corner defeated Honest Frank Jr in 10:08 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Charlie Corner makes defence number three of the EEE Intercontinental.
Rating: 72

Notes: Despite being unbearably pleasant to Frank Jr in the build-up, Cali Cool happily cheats to win and retain his title. This feud has become a showcase of Frank Jr’s reaction to an opponent he cannot work out and they’re delivering beautifully on that.

SINGLES MATCH: The Eagle vs. The Masked Mauler
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, The Eagle defeated The Masked Mauler in 10:18 by pinfall with a Freedom Slam.
Rating: 69

Notes: In the battle for the role of Heart and Soul of the company (whatever that means), it’s The Eagle who bests the Mauler in a decent little midcard match. Both buys were treading water slightly, so it’s good to have something to keep them busy and interesting to the audience.

SINGLES MATCH: Fro Sure vs. Monty Trescade
In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Fro Sure defeated Monty Trescarde in 9:43 by pinfall with a Sure Thing.

Notes: Great match as Fro Sure continues to show his worth in singles competition. Having rolled on from his feud with DWN he gets the absolute best out of Monty Trescarde and wins clean to boot. Bad times for Monty, but there’s always got to be a loser and he plays it better than most.

EEE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Fantastic Express vs. The Twin Powers (c)
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, The Twin Powers defeated The Fantastic Express in 9:53 when Andrew Harper pinned Rafe Sashay following Stereo Powerbombs. The Twin Powers make defence number one of the EEE World Tag Team.

Notes: After a series of quickfire tag team title changes, it was good to get some stability and The Twin Powers are a great hoss heel tag team. The Fantastics can afford the loss while we rejig the tag team division following the loss of the Cross River Connection. Good match from them too.

EEE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Davis Wayne Newton vs. ‘The Star’ George Trapesi (c)
In an exceptional match, Davis Wayne Newton defeated George Trapesi in 21:52 by disqualification after wrestling a chair off of Newton behind the referee's back and hitting him as the referee wakes up.
Rating: 81

Notes: DWN gets his win, but Trapesi keeps the title. Newton knew he had one shot, but we’re not ready for The Star to lose just yet. That being said; we’d been really impressed by Davis Wayne Newton’s ability to step up. He was an absolute natural for the main event.

tThsxMZ.jpg
Rip Chord Invitational Final

zJeThcw.jpg8UKrnYt.jpgY6ssmXZ.jpg

Valiant vs. Aaron Andrews
In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Valiant defeated Aaron Andrews in 9:42 by pinfall with a V-Split following interference from Riley McManus. Valiant wins the Rip Chord Invitational Challenge.

Notes: The Bulldog vs. The Ace feud MUST continue. Valiant gets the big win and slaps his name on the trophy and is now heading towards Summer Slamboree to face George Trapesi for the EEE World Heavyweight Title. Another Face vs. Face showdown for a big event. Had we made a mistake, or more importantly; had I?

OVERALL RATING: 79

Next time… Summer time and the living’s easy.

Prediction Results For EEE Supershow: Rip Chord Invitational

1. Dino Kea - 7/10

1. John Lions - 7/10

1. Scottie - 7/10

1. Theheel - 7/10

5. ToastyCenturion - 6/10

6. eayragt - 5/10

6. Herrbear -5/10

6. KyTeran - 5/10

Overall Prediction Standings

1. DinoKeo - 36/54 (67%)

2. John Lions - 35/54 (65%)

3. Theheel - 34/54 (63%)

4. KyTeran - 33/54 (61%)

5. Herrbear - 32/54 (60%)

6. eayragt - 30/54 (56%)

7. MisterRomanini - 24/34 (71%)

8. Scottie - 12/26 (46%)

9. ToastyCenturion - 6/10 (60%)

10. King Bison - 5/9 (56%)

Very, very tough series of predictions in the last one; especially with the perhaps surprising winner of the Rip Chord AND the DQ end to the title match. I do feel a bit bad about that. But another series of decent predictions generally. DinoKea remains alone at the top overall after getting a tied victory with John Lions, Scottie and Theheel, although we are seeing a tiny bit of seperation.

New York City… where the heat wave is on…

The Rip Chord Invitational Supershow bagged as a somewhat disappointing 718,846 viewers, but also a very healthy $547,501 profit. So swings and roundabouts. Following the discovery of Valiant’s incredible merchandise numbers the month before, I’ve decided to keep track of how figures and workers fare each month.

Merchandise Figures:

1. Valiant - $520,877 (+$4,606)

2. Aaron Andrews - $57,816 (+$10,594)

3. George Trapesi - $34,466 (+$1,533)

4. Prime Time Jack Pryde - $33,377 (+$9,171)

5. Fro Sure - $28,964 (+$2,839)

6. Charlie Corner - $28,106 (+$7,245)

7. Angry Gilmore - $15,898 (+$1,091)

8. Emma Chase - $10,607 (+$0)

9. Zippy Deverell - $9,861 (NEW)

10. Davis Wayne Newton - $8,819 (NEW)

Good work from Valiant as normal, but also from Aaron Andrews and Davis Wayne Newton too. The merchandise of the babyfaces outstrips the heels by a large margin, but that is something to bear in mind going forward. But for now we had one of the Big Four of the year to look forward too. Outside of Empire Royale and Battle Games, this was the counterpoint big show to Starclash. And thus arguably our second biggest and most important event. The main event was set with Valiant taking on ‘The Star’ George Trapesi, but there was a month to go until the show, thus… anything could happen.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #25
Friday, Week 1, August 2024
Attendance: 11,798

[*]ANGLE: Davis Wayne Newton is out and his not happy. He beat the World Champion and yet he’s stood here without the belt around his waist. And now he hears Valiant is the number one contender. It’s not good enough, so Valiant needs to get his backside out there. Livin in America by James Brown plays and Valiant appears. He feels DWN pain, but he knows the former challenger isn’t some newborn. He understands the rules of the ring. You can only win the title via pinfall and submission. DWN loses his temper and screams at Valiant, who just smiles in response. Valiant is a fighter who does what he does… for the people. Do they want to see these two fight for the right to a title shot? The crowd cheer and Valiant offers the match, which DWN accepts.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Bradley Blaze vs. Crusher Toko
In a decent match, Bradley Blaze defeated Crusher Toko in 9:53 by pinfall with a handful of tights.
Rating: 54

[*]ANGLE: Riley McManus is backstage with Thom Barrowman. He’s sick of that cheat Aaron Andrews stealing his opportunities. Barrowman asks how Andrews cheated and McManus replies “He’s a criminal Thom, of course he cheats. But the people, these idiots all still cheer him. What is up with that?” Still, he’s a collegiate legend and former World Champion. He’s not afraid of doing what needs to be done to win.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews vs. ‘The Stud’ Phil Anders
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Aaron Andrews defeated Phil Anders in 11:29 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press.
Rating: 68

[*]ANGLE: Backstage The Masked Mauler and The Eagle are taking turns to chop each other in the chest, with both me trying to show no pain.

[*]EEE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Stevie Stanley & Flip Simpkins vs. The Twin Powers (c)
In a decent match, The Twin Powers defeated Stevie Stanley and Flip Simkins in 12:08 when Andrew Harper pinned Flip Simkins with a Stereo Powerbombs. The Twin Powers make defence number two of the EEE World Tag Team.

[*]ANGLE: Honest Frank Jr and Dreadnought are backstage in the locker room. Frank is annoyed that that California guy kept the title, but he doesn’t blame Dreadnought. Who looks at him in surprise that he’d even consider it. Frank Jr hasn’t given up though. He’s going to write his name in the history books by winning that title, no matter how he does it.

[*]EEE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Bad News Barker vs. Charlie Corner (c)
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Charlie Corner defeated Bad News Barker in 9:40 by pinfall with a Corner Cutter. Charlie Corner makes defence number four of the EEE Intercontinental.

[*]ANGLE: Billy Keelan is out with ‘The Perfect One’ Pepper Pelton. At the Rip Chord Invitational, The Perfect One proved that he’s always been the talent in the Cross River Connection. With that sorted, he’s now looking on to bigger and better things. Just then Prime Time’s music kicks in. Keelan and Pelton look to the entrance, unaware that Pryde is coming through the crowd. He attacks and forces his former partner new manager to retreat.

[*]NO.1 CONTENDERS MATCH: Valiant vs. Davis Wayne Newton
In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Valiant drew with Davis Wayne Newton in 9:37 when the referee lost control and stopped the match.

[*]OVERALL RATING: 79 – 0.71 (533,940 viewers)

And one week into the month and the status of the main event is up in the air. Exactly as I’d planned it.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #26
Friday, Week 2, August 2024
Attendance: 11,502

[*]ANGLE: ‘The Perfect One’ Pepper Pelton is out with Billy ‘The Brain’ Keelan and the rest of the Family. He knows that Prime Time is angry and disappointed. It’s never nice to realise that you’re the weaker half of a team. But that’s not something he should worry about. Anyone comparing themselves to Perfection is going to fall short. He knew that once he’d attacked that he’d be the hottest singles free agent on the market and his good friend The Brain didn’t wait to snap him up. Prime Time interrupts the love in and he’s got backup. The Fantastic Express are alongside him and they’re looking for a fight. So if Pep wants to pick the two best of his new buddies, they’ll take them on in a Gang Wars match… tonight.
Rating: 88

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Jason Patterson vs. Trent Shaffer
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Trent Shaffer defeated Jason Patterson in 9:34 by pinfall with a Heart Burn.
Rating: 62

[*]ANGLE: Angry Gilmore is with Thom Barrowman. And he’s pretty angry. Today he’s angry about his future. About his legacy. And he’s made a big decision. He wants to be remembered for bringing through the next generation. So from this day forward, he’s looking for a hungry young star to join him in a tag team. He’s searching for the future of professional wrestling who can shape and mould and who will take on his legacy. So he’ll be holding try-outs to find the man. Starting right now.

[*]TAG TEAM MATCH: Angry Gilmore & Porkchop Patterson vs. Samoan Wrecking Crew
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Samoan Wrecking Crew defeated Angry Gilmore and Porkchop Patterson in 8:16 when Loa Afu pinned Porkchop Patterson with a Samoan Splash.
Rating: 55

[*]ANGLE: Crusher Toko joins the Samoan Wrecking Crew after that match to speak in Maori and then issue an open challenge for Summer Slamboree.
Rating: 67

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Stevie Stanley vs. Spike Sylvain
In a decent match, Spike Sylvain defeated Stevie Stanley in 9:42 by pinfall with a Punk-N-Nasty.

[*]ANGLE: Fro Sure is out to the ring to perform his latest hit ‘Funk till you Drop.’ The rest of his band join him in the ring. And after a short while playing, Monty Trescarde slides in and attacks the band. Fro Sure escapes but has to watch on as his drummer gets brainbustered.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Bradley Blaze vs. Honest Frank Jr
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Honest Frank Jr defeated Bradley Blaze in 11:39 by pinfall with a Roll The Dice.

[*]ANGLE: Backstage in the offices of Sam Keith, Davis Wayne Newton to arguing with the legendary road agent. He demands that he gets another shot. Sam Keith responds that he doesn’t have that sort of power. Valiant then enters, a lot calmer to say that he’s the number one contender. Sam repeats that he’s not in control and this is really nothing to do with him. The two begin arguing and after failing to get a word in, Sam snaps and tells them they both are number one contender. He invites George Trapesi in and asks if he’d like to face them in separate matches or in a triple threat? Trapesi takes the triple threat. And Sam tells them it’s all sorted and they should now leave him alonge.

[*]GANG WARS MATCH: Prime Time Jack Pryde & The Fantastic Express vs. The Keelan Family (The Perfect One & Twin Powers)
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Prime Time Jack Pryde and The Fantastic Express defeated The Keelan Family (Perfect Pepper Pelton, Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Andrew Harper) in 9:32 when Prime Time Jack Pryde pinned Andrew Harper with a handful of tights.

[*]OVERALL RATING: 79 – 0.72 (542,765 viewers)

So the main event is now a triple threat with both Davis Wayne Newton and Valiant getting their shot. Trapesi has made life difficult for himself, but we had faith. With that all sorted, it was time to head to The Ministry to check in and make sure Joey Minnesota hadn’t burnt the place down.

PrEaccU.jpg

NYCW Fights on Broadway 2024
The Ministry, New York City
1,000 (SOLD OUT!?!)

Joey Minnesota & Big Jon Walker defeated Ray Snow & Jay Silver - 54
Denny King defeated Karl Greyjoy - 52
Marco Gonzalez defeated Machine Gun Marino - 43
Captain Canada defeated Lonnie Vessey - 31
Bowden Snoop defeated Blue Dragon – 27
Derrick Crump defeated Astro – 31
Taylor Mitchell defeated Velocidad Jr – 22
OVERALL RATING: 49

Not bad and it was nice to see Big Jon thriving following his removal as Honest Frank Jr’s bodyguard. He needed more seasoning as a worker and from a pure visual POV Dreadnought was a better bodyguard type.

Next time… the final build to the Salmboree…

New York City… where things begin to take shape and life as we know might change…

Slow news week, so we rattle on.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #27
Friday, Week 3, August 2024
Attendance: 11,174

[*]ANGLE: Sam Keith starts the show. He is carrying a set of contracts to the ring.
“Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to announce that I have been elected the President of Empire Elite Entertainment in a unanimous vote. My plan is to run this company with honesty and integrity. With that, this evening we are having a contract signing for the upcoming main event.”
Valiant, Davis Wayne Newton and ‘The Star’ George Trapesi are out. They play nice for a bit and sign the contracts. Then DWN attacks Valiant and it descends into a brawl.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Bad News Barker vs. Dreadnought
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Dreadnought defeated Bad News Barker in 6:30 by pinfall with a Dread Bomb.
Rating: 47

[*]ANGLE: Thom Barrowman is interviewing Bryan Vessey backstage and he brings in The VCC who are bruised and bandaged. Vessey points out that to sharpen the skills of these two hyper-talented workers, sometimes he has to push boundaries. When he came to them, they were good. When he’s finished they will be great.
Rating: 73

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Bradley Blaze vs. ‘The Georgia Bulldog’ Riley McManus
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Riley McManus defeated Bradley Blaze in 8:01 by pinfall with a Slingshot Suplex.
Rating: 52

[*]ANGLE: The Masked Mauler is backstage with Barrowman just continuous chanting ‘Life and Soul.’ The Eagle joins and offers a chance for the two of them to team. Maybe they can both be the heart and soul of EEE? Mauler thinks and slaps Eagle in the chest in acknowledgment.
Rating: 74

[*]TAG TEAM MATCH: The VCC vs. The Masked Mauler and The Eagle
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, The VCC defeated The Masked Mauler and The Eagle in 8:10 when JP Barnham submitted The Masked Mauler with a Golden Scissors after The Masked Mauler got wiped out after a spot of partner miscommunication.

[*]ANGLE: The Eagle and The Masked Mauler brawl with each other after the match.

[*]EEE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Angry Gilmore & Chip Martin vs. The Twin Powers (c)
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, The Twin Powers defeated Angry Gilmore and Chip Martin in 8:19 when Andrew Harper pinned Angry Gilmore after Stereo Powerbombs. The Twin Powers make defence number three of the EEE World Tag Team.
Rating: 62

[*]ANGLE: After the match Gilmore beats Chip Martin down in frustration.

[*]EEE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: ‘The Perfect One’ Pepper Pelton vs. Charlie Corner (c)
In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Charlie Corner defeated Pepper Pelton in 21:29 by pinfall with a Corner Cutter following interference from Prime Time Jack Pryde. Charlie Corner makes defence number five of the EEE Intercontinental.
Rating: 73

[*]ANGLE: The match closes with backstage workers trying to stop the wild brawl between the former Cross River Connection.

[*]OVERALL RATING: 76 – 0.72 (541,973 viewers)

So following his failure to win the World Heavyweight Title because of Prime Time, The Perfect One fails to win the Intercontinental for the same reason. He’s been white hot for ages, so a couple of losses won’t hurt him.

For months I had struggling with having to work as lead announcer on the third show of the month because Mitch Naess insists on running Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling on the same night. To help us through that, I’d asked Larry and our newly created scouting department to find me another announcer to add to the television announce booth to cover because I certainly wasn’t good enough. They found me ‘Babyface’ Lee Bambino from Grimm SoCal Wrestling. Making sure to sign him to an exclusive contract, we stole him away in what might be one of our first ever raids on a smaller company. It had the added benefit of further crippling a company who have been struggling financially. With any luck we’d have them out of business by the end of the year.

Cr4NLAD.jpg

EEE All Star Wrestling #28
Friday, Week 4, August 2024
Attendance: 11,394

[*]ANGLE: Davis Wayne Newton is out to talk about the World Title match. Trapesi and Valiant appear and an argument ensues. Then Trent Shaffer and Riley McManus appear to beat up all three men, which draws out Aaron Andrews to try and even the numbers. Then The Keelan Family storm the ring, but are intercepted by Prime Time, Fro Sure and The Fantastic Express. Somehow in all the fighting; Davis Wayne Newton gets hit by each group or side.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Fro Sure vs. Bad News Barker
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Fro Sure defeated Bad News Barker in 9:41 by pinfall with a Sure Thing.

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Alistair Shufflebottom vs. Monty Trescade
In a decent match, Monty Trescarde defeated Alistair Shufflebottom in 10:11 by pinfall with a Cash Bonus.

[*]ANGLE: The Eagle needs to settle the score once and for all. On Sunday, we’re going to find out exactly who the Heart and Soul of the company is… The Eagle or The Masked Mauler.
Rating: 70

[*]SINGLES MATCH: Bradley Blaze vs. The Masked Mauler
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, The Masked Mauler defeated Bradley Blaze in 9:37 by pinfall with a Piledriver.
Rating: 64

[*]ANGLE: The Fantastic Express are backstage and the clock is ticking on The Twin Powers. They beat them at the top of the show and on Sunday they’re going to beat them and take the titles off them.
Rating: 88

[*]TAG TEAM MATCH: Angry Gilmore & Jason Patterson vs. The Fantastic Express
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, The Fantastic Express defeated Angry Gilmore and Jason Patterson in 10:14 when Rafe Sashay pinned Angry Gilmore with a Fantastic Flashbang.

[*]ANGLE: Angry Gilmore is angry at his tag team partner again and beats them down.

[*]GANG WARS MATCH: George Trapesi, Valiant & Aaron Andrews vs. Davis Wayne Newton, Riley McManus & Trent Shaffer
In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, George Trapesi, Valiant and Aaron Andrews drew with Davis Wayne Newton, Riley McManus and Trent Shaffer in 10:19 following a double disqualification after both teams refused to stop fighting with one another.

[*]ANGLE: After the match is a huge brawl with the entire locker room seeming to empty to the ring for a fight.

[*]OVERALL RATING: 81 – 0.73 (549,253 viewers)

I simply cannot resist a draw or a schmozz. I must remember we’re not some tiny little promotion though and will try and avoid over-using it from this point on.

EEE Summer Slamboree 2024

EEE World Heavyweight: Valiant vs. Davis Wayne Newton vs. ‘The Star’ George Trapesi ©

EEE Intercontinental: Honest Frank Jr vs. Charlie Corner ©

EEE World Tag Team: The Fantastic Express vs. The Twin Powers ©

Prime Time Jack Pryde vs. ‘The Perfect One’ Pepper Pelton

Angry Gilmore vs. Trent ‘The Talent’ Shaffer

The VCC vs. Samoan Wrecking Crew

Next time... Summer summer summer time...

EEE Summer Slamboree 2024 Predictions

EEE World Heavyweight: Valiant def. Davis Wayne Newton & ‘The Star’ George Trapesi ©

Valiant is such a massive money maker

EEE Intercontinental: Honest Frank Jr def. Charlie Corner ©

I'm feeling brave. Corner has held it for a bit and it feels more like Frank's level with a bit of cheating

EEE World Tag Team: The Twin Powers © def. The Fantastic Express

One day Rafe and Zippy will be champs, but you needs stability

‘The Georgia Bulldog’ Riley McManus def. Aaron ‘The Ace’ Andrews

McManus lost last time and I like him

Prime Time Jack Pryde def. ‘The Perfect One’ Pepper Pelton

Trading wins

Trent ‘The Talent’ Shaffer def. Angry Gilmore

Higher level

Fro Sure def. Monty Trescarde

Fro's heading up

The Masked Mauler def. The Eagle

I enjoy Mauler more. Plus having a Mauler truly is what this company has been about

The VCC def. Samoan Wrecking Crew

I'm a big Crusher Toko fan, SWC don't seem to currently be moving up far