Steamdeck and WMMA5

Ah no worries. Guess we’ll have to wait on WMMA6 ;)

I believe he said that WMMA 5 would be the last one moving forward. It's perfectly fine as it is to be honest, I can't think of anything that could be done that wouldn't be just cosmetic. I do wish there was a boxing equivalent to this game though. That would be a lot of fun, especially considering how boxing is starting to have a small resurgence.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I believe he said that WMMA 5 would be the last one moving forward. It's perfectly fine as it is to be honest, I can't think of anything that could be done that wouldn't be just cosmetic. I do wish there was a boxing equivalent to this game though. That would be a lot of fun, especially considering how boxing is starting to have a small resurgence.

Completely agree with you my dude. Also, are you the guy that streams? I watch your stuff if that’s you.

Yeah Adam I was just messing on the wmma6 man. It’s such a great game and I think we all really love it.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump, but thought it preferable to a new thread.

Does anyone know if WMMA5 can be played on Steam Deck outside of Steam? I have one coming soon and my understanding is if I launch it in desktop mode, I can install anything I can install on a regular PC. I am a console gamer usually so this could be way off base...

I plan on docking it a lot of the time and would be nice to see how the game runs on a more modern machine. My laptop is ancient and the game is starting to creak 10 years into a save.

Secondary question I suppose, but does anyone have what could be considered a top end processor and does it impact speed between days?

Sorry to bump, but thought it preferable to a new thread.

Does anyone know if WMMA5 can be played on Steam Deck outside of Steam? I have one coming soon and my understanding is if I launch it in desktop mode, I can install anything I can install on a regular PC. I am a console gamer usually so this could be way off base...

I plan on docking it a lot of the time and would be nice to see how the game runs on a more modern machine. My laptop is ancient and the game is starting to creak 10 years into a save.

Secondary question I suppose, but does anyone have what could be considered a top end processor and does it impact speed between days?

My computer has a better processor than my last and I've noticed load times are much quicker than they were.

I assume if you install Windows on the Steam Deck then there shouldn't be any problems, in theory of course, as essentially you'd then be using a handheld PC. (don't forget that the Steam Deck OS uses Linux)

I went from an (overclocked) i7-8700K to an (overclocked) i9-12900K and haven't seen much noticeable difference. The amount of cores a processor has won't have any effect because the language the game's written in won't use all of the cores. Core speed will have an effect however.

Sorry, I missed the original reply. To confirm, that's correct, the series has finished and there won't be a WMMA6.

why is that? There's so much more that can be done with the game especially with speed, although i'm guessing it would need a complete recode. Guess there just wasn't enough sales to warrant a new one or Grey Dog Software's passion for the sport/game is gone. There's no other game out there like this so it's sad to hear, not surprised. I'm glad it's still being supported by the occasional patch...I bought a new $1000 graphics card a while back only to continue to play this game for hours on end haha

It had nothing to do with sales, WMMA5 was one of our biggest selling games, I've stopped simply because I no longer follow or have any interest in MMA. You can't really do games like this, which require a deep dive into the subject for 12-18 months at a time, if you don't enjoy what you're focusing on.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 9/7/2022 at 3:26 AM, Martel123 said:

curious if someone else will take the handle of the series, if Adam allows it of course 

I honestly would buy a new game just for a new cverse... having boxing/kickboxing/Thai rules would be great and all but just to get a cverse set in a more modern settings would be great.