Can't win a match

1. use moves that have a high chance to succeed (80% or more on frequency) to build up momentum 2. get your opponents momentum down with sleeper holds and other restholds It isn't easy, I have had around 40 matches so far, won 20 or so. Just recently I started to really win them, before that it was very occasional. It will take some time to build up your skills, and once you can do that, you will start winning.

Rookie to Legend is hard I take it. Not just me being rubbish? Year 2007 Jan Jon Thunder Middleweight UK 25 Babyface Company's - I am a opener in all of them and did not change in all my time there. 21CW - UK - MOSC - UK - Did not renew my contract. MAW - USA - ROF - UK - I left. 5 Win - 14 Losses 0 Draws. Looking for a new company to make my mark in.

Rookie To Legend, Realistic (Skills from F to C, one C+) The Nightmare (Created character), American Lightweight Strong Style, 23years. PPV-deals with MAW, NYCW, CZCW (and sometimes USPW). One time MAW Heavyweight Champion, two time CZCW Tag Champ (With my mentor, Plaque a.k.a Black Eagle). 79 matches, 49 wins, 0 draws, 30 losses. Popularity in Mid-Atlantic and South-West D, South East and Tri-State E, elsewhehe F.

The way you approach a match is a very important: Why style does your wrestler use? If he is mostly a technical guy,then wrestle as a technican would:lots of holds&quick takedowns to wear down an opponent and really stall their momentum,combined with alot of ground maneuvers to keep the opponent on the mat,usually targetting either a body part to set up a specific finisher,or an injured area of the opponent.Follow that with harder takedown style moves like suplexes,ddt's,etc. as he weakens...think Kurt Angle or Ric Flair. If he is mostly a brawler,then do just that:beat the opponent up with a variety of punches&kicks,with the occasional hold or slam mixed in,moving in to "bigger" punches,kick,etc. as energy permits;concentrate on building and maintaining alot of momemtum to quickly hit a big finisher...this would be like Steve Austin or Jerry Lawler. If he is a High Flier,then you want to take every opportunity you can to get the opponent stunned or down with speedy strikes and quick takedowns then follow it with a top rope attack.Just about any Luchadore is a good example. Power based wrestlers work similar to Technical ones,the difference being they tend to concentrate more on using slams and throws to ground an opponent mixed with brawling rather than Takedowns. Keep that in mind when building your moveset too,taking a guy like Kurt Angle and giving him moves more suited to Batista or Rey Misterio Jr. won't work out to well for him.

Honestly, I think you really need to plan things out a bit more. This side of the game is akin to an RTS to me. This goes from creating your wrestler to making his/her moveset to actually fighting in a match. If you don't have a plan and prefer to "fly by the seat of your pants", there are going to be consequences (lots o' Ls). Some lessons I've learned: Use the tools at your disposal. If you have the momentum and your opponent tries a comeback, [B][I]pay attention to the moves s/he's attempting[/I][/B]. Wherever possible, use the Brace attack to put the brakes on his/her little rally. Ignore match ratings. You're a rookie trying to make a name for yourself. Quit worrying about stuff that, more often than not, leads to LOSSES instead of wins (trying for the big WOW factor, high risk maneuver instead of just taking the W). Winning will take care of that. As you win, your popularity increases and, from what I've seen, your popularity can lead to higher match ratings because people will start caring about your matches. Cheap tricks are good. Don't listen to what anyone else says about cheap tricks. They're used by workers in real life (both faces and heels) and are often very effective. Like, the ring dance. Leave the ring and when your opponent follows you, re-enter the ring. It gives you a few seconds to slow things down and bit and catch your breath. In real life, ring dances are fairly common (think of the last time you saw someone slide out of the ring and walk around a bit) and tossing someone out of the ring is commonly used to cover for commercial breaks. Or, throw your opponent out of the ring and DDT them on the floor (the FLOOR, not a table or chair) then toss them back in. If you're lucky, you'll bust them open which, depending on the promotion type, can earn you a win by stoppage eventually (sometimes even instantly). Plan, plan, plan, and then plan some more. Did I mention you need to plan? You just have to be patient. You're a rookie and that basically means you suck. So you've gotta improve yourself some before the wins start coming easier.

[QUOTE=Remainen]Like, the ring dance. Leave the ring and when your opponent follows you, re-enter the ring. It gives you a few seconds to slow things down and bit and catch your breath. In real life, ring dances are fairly common (think of the last time you saw someone slide out of the ring and walk around a bit) and tossing someone out of the ring is commonly used to cover for commercial breaks[/QUOTE] One of the best worked matches I have ever seen (Jerry Lawler vs. Bob Sweetan) involved the repeated use of that tactic. Also going along with what you said on paying attention to your opponent's moves,it helps set up yout defenses right.For instance,trying to counter that Forearm Blow(high frequency) with a Punch....usually not a good idea.Now,if he is going for say, a Powerbomb or Implant DDT(lower freqeuncy), going for a Punch counter is a good idea.

Man, I know exactly how you feel. I get on a good run, totally kicking the crap out of the guy and blam, super kick out of friggin' space and he wins. The worst offender so far... friggin' Masked Cougar and his one high Pounce Move. I don't think I've ever managed to find a way to get out of that one... and he busts it out of thin air. :) Even so, I figure eventually my guy will get stronger, better, tougher... then maybe I can be the one with the crazy finisher that never misses. :)

Archived