psx's GFX Gallery

On 2/16/2023 at 9:48 PM, psx said:

i wanna apologize for the radio silence, work and personal issues came up, please forgive me for my unprofessionalism. i'll be restarting work on the requests today, i had made progress with them but they weren't what i wanted until life came crashing down, to prove that i had been working on them, here is a version of KingAj's Succession request that i rejected, my idea being sort of an american royality ala a luxury or high scale brand, i don't think it really reads well on a 150x150 and not super much of a wrestling stable logo if that makes sense.

219494418-f4cf0182-aa8f-4427-8a4f-d80ad4

As said previously, no need to apologize, no unprofessionalism at all, everyone is on these boards in their spare time, and real-world issues always crop up. Hope all is well!

Logo looks really nice, still fits the story theme I have.

• Like 1

last update for a while, got a graphic design job, which means i am honestly too tired to do graphic design as a hobby atm, i will say i'll still try to finish up the requests, i've gotten far enought that i just need some cleaning up, though this is mostly a question of free time and/or when the itch hits.

thanks for your patience and nice comments and support, i don't think i would have gotten this job without this thread.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

232055316-4923cd3c-31c8-454c-8fe0-0c8186

don't call it a comeback becuse i am still busy with work - LL Cool J.

anywho, i found this logo while cleaning my hard drive and i can't find where this came from, anyone of requested a SA wrestling logo?

it might be san antonio wrestling becuse it looks like spurs' old logo, but i dunno.

Edited by psx
  • Like 1

WORLD LEVEL WRESTLING

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/73300183/232486182-1988ecfb-8778-4ddc-acb2-112e345451fb.jpg

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/73300183/232486196-0cce5e9b-6528-4357-bbf2-88941918e553.jpg

guess who has a break between work projects,
anywho, i'll try to see if i can knock out some remaining requests, but i am most likely going to stick to my own games becuse it's been almost 4 months since ive been able to play an actual tew save.

• Like 4

On 1/14/2023 at 12:36 AM, Midnightnick said:

Would it be possible to get a early 90's style TWL logo? They canonically didn't go under until 1995 so it'd be great to see what they tried to rebrand to at the end.

TEXAS WRESTLING LEAGUE

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697462367730139186/1106554521351639091/twl.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697462367730139186/1106554538380497086/SPOILER_twlbanner.jpg

my friend after i sent them this logo, sent me a screenshot of a plane ticket to my city and told me "we need to talk."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AboardTheArk said:

Hey! You have my favorite CGC alt logos, could I use them for my diary and could I make a related request if so?

all of my c-verse logos are available for usage in any way related to the game, aka don't use them for your actual wrestling promotion or something.

on requests,
for honesty sake, you can request ideas rn, but me actually doing them just depends if i have the time and will to do them.

• 4 weeks later...

CANADIAN GOLDEN COMBAT

cgccgc4.jpg

cgcbannernew.jpg

CGC TITLE BOUT WRESTLING

cgccgc8psd.jpg

CGC GEARING UP

cgccgc6psd.jpg

cgccgc7psd.jpg

made this for abroadtheark's cgc diary.

boring graphic talk here;
this actually features a new coloring scheme based on pantone colors, which i think makes it more cohesive color wise. see how the white are no longer pure white but are now blue-greys or light-oranges.
i also finally decided to color the shadows, hopefully it makes it pop more. also, trying to do more logos with emboss and beveling, even figured a neat metal texture trick with it. so hopefully that also comes through.

so tldr; alotta new techniques that i don't think people are gonna notice but your brain will.

• Like 6

okay, now on to accepting new requests;

i'm accepting new historical c-verse logos requests, ala specific companies with specific time zones.

i realize i do not do well with generalized modern logos and i very much enjoy playing around and recontextualizing more then i am trying to craft new logos.

i am still at some level okay with custom companies, i would just prefer to know the vibe, aka not like 'do this in a style like ecw but more professional' but 'this is an hardcore promotion that is currently going inbetween to becoming a workrate company, the year is 2000,' every logo will be in the same c-verse gradient background style or the black stable background,.

i hope this is clear and understandable, anything that breaks these rules will be ignored

what you get is what you get, i do not have the time to redo them, minor changes are allowed, but please understand i am still a working professional and this is at some level just a fun hobby for me and not a serious project.

• Like 2

I would love to see your take on Hollyweird Grappling Company from the 97 C Verse and possibly the tv show Hollyweird TV. I don't have a specific idea in mind. I love the idea of old school Hollywood though. Maybe incorporating the Hollywood sign in some possible way in the logo and something to do with a video camera for the Hollyweird tv show. Again though thats just high level ideas. I'm a huge fan of your work, your style is very unique and anything you come up with I think is going to hit on the big, different, bold...weird company that is HGC. 

This is exciting. I would love to see a new logo set in your style for the first Japanese wrestling promotion of the C-Verse (not sure if canon but it's in all the historical mods).

Giant Pro Wrestling

Existed from 1900 - 1933 (Respectful Wrestling)

Profile:

Giant Pro Wrestling was a Japanese professional wrestling organization that existed from the early 1900's to 1933. It is considered the first large-scale professional wrestling organization in the world. The years of its height were known as the "Giant Era," where its wrestlers were considered national heroes.

While details are not clear, shady business practices forced GPW to close in 1933. With the public furious at the way GPW closed, professional wrestling disappeared from Japan entirely. During this period, known as the "Dark Era," no wrestling events were held in Japan at all. The Dark Era lasted from 1933 to 1960, ending with the founding of Golden Canvas Grappling.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

GIANT PRO WRESTLING

gpw.jpg

gpwbanner.jpg

this is a temp logo for now, work piling up, but i want to at least upload what i got.

after researching and talking to friends, i realized that giant probably wouldn't have a traditional logo per say and more often then not would just be brushed on a poster, so the idea was just a ripped up piece of a poster or something found media, though as i said, this is not the final logo and i got some other ideas i wanna try in the same vain later this month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, psx said:

GIANT PRO WRESTLING

gpw.jpg

gpwbanner.jpg

this is a temp logo for now, work piling up, but i want to at least upload what i got.

after researching and talking to friends, i realized that giant probably wouldn't have a traditional logo per say and more often then not would just be brushed on a poster, so the idea was just a ripped up piece of a poster or something found media, though as i said, this is not the final logo and i got some other ideas i wanna try in the same vain later this month.

This is super creative I love the idea of a ripped poster or found media as it where. Well done. 

13 hours ago, psx said:

GIANT PRO WRESTLING

gpw.jpg

gpwbanner.jpg

Sheesh. This is already amazing. I'm excited to see what you try when you get time, but this already really captures how I would imagine that era to appear in the C-Verse wrestling history books.

• 4 weeks later...

going on my monthly hiatus again due to various reasons, though i am learning how to use blender during it, and hopefully i can use that for logo work plus even more, hopefully.

have a tiny little lighting test featuring BHOTWG.

whydidilearnblender.thumb.png.64ff3d3be2cecaa2812c104d2bdcf9b8.png

thanks!

Edited by psx
  • Like 6

KILLSWITCH

killswitch_2.jpg

couldn't sleep, so i finished up one of my many wips, stable is named after the Frankie Perez alter ego, in a semi riff on the Alice Cooper being both the man and the band, so in my save he is vain enough to name the whole stable after him.

also it is a cool catch em all stable logo related to the alter ego.

• Like 2