[BETA RELEASE] 2001 - Here Comes The Money [Real World Mod]

The copyright names in Mexico are an absolute nightmare. I think I did the same as you for the most part but finding pics of some of the guys is damn near impossible in earlier gimmicks. Feel free to dip into my picture pack if you need to because we tidied up a bunch of Lucha pics to use.

I'm really liking the mod so far, its a time where I've often wondered "what if" scenarios, even just fun ones that never realistically could have happened.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Fleisch said:

The copyright names in Mexico are an absolute nightmare. I think I did the same as you for the most part but finding pics of some of the guys is damn near impossible in earlier gimmicks. Feel free to dip into my picture pack if you need to because we tidied up a bunch of Lucha pics to use.

I'm really liking the mod so far, its a time where I've often wondered "what if" scenarios, even just fun ones that never realistically could have happened.

I said it in your sub but your lucha work on the 92 mod is just beyond words incredible. Then you aluded to the picture pack you were able to find pictures of guys and in gimmicks I didn't even know about let alone the ones I did and couldn't find pictures of. Your 92 mod is a master class for Lucha alone. 

@MrCanadaYou have been really upfront since the day you started this mod (maybe a few generations ago if memory serves) that you were going to do what you knew and only what you knew and you weren't trying to make the largest database just a really good quality one and you have knocked it out of the park. This plays really smoothly. I keep going back to this mod and everytime I do I'm playing a different promotion and it just flows so well. Anytime anyone is looking for a mod around this time (99-03ish) this is where I lead them. Kudos to you sir. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the kind words. Fleisch, thanks for the offer, I'll give it a poke. Please feel free to steal anything from me without anything. Fleisch especially, you've given SO much to TEW over the years. We are all in your debt. I'll say again as with all my data I will ever release, its open to use, I just hope everyone follows the same path as more mods = better. We're all allowed to have our own opinions on how data should be.

I think I've expanded my scope with Mexico. I'm really jumping into AAA more and more in-depth. The more I scratch away the more information I find.

CMLL will equally take a long time to put together. I am an adult with a family so I cant just mod all day.

The good/bad news is, I think I've decided to add Toryumon Mexico & possibly even Xtreme Latin American Wrestling. Both will be rough, XLAW specifically, but there's enough in the data already to somewhat easily add them. The bad news is, it likely means a bit longer before a "full release". I will likely drop a new data once CMLL/AAA are complete, but Toryumon Mex and XLAW will be in really rough states still at that point.

Edited by MrCanada
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Somehow, CMLL & AAA are done. Fair warning I'm sure I'm way off on a lot of things with them. But they function well enough for now and thats all I really wanted/need. A place for luchadors that I do know, that may be impactful in North America can hang out.

So, I think I'm going to finish adding Toryumon Mexico (they are already in there technically but need lots of their guys added), and poke away at Mexican free agents, and then we will likely be at "RELEASE 1.0" instead of BETA. Likely a new thread. After the release, focus will likely be to play for a bit for me. I find that usually the most useful way to help see problems & balance issues.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MrCanada said:

Somehow, CMLL & AAA are done. Fair warning I'm sure I'm way off on a lot of things with them. But they function well enough for now and thats all I really wanted/need. A place for luchadors that I do know, that may be impactful in North America can hang out.

So, I think I'm going to finish adding Toryumon Mexico (they are already in there technically but need lots of their guys added), and poke away at Mexican free agents, and then we will likely be at "RELEASE 1.0" instead of BETA. Likely a new thread. After the release, focus will likely be to play for a bit for me. I find that usually the most useful way to help see problems & balance issues.

I cannot freaking wait. 

A ramble about Toryumon:

Trying to wrap my head around what to do with Toryumon Japan & Mexico. As of this moment I have Toryumon Japan (Toryumon) and Toryumon Mexico (UDG). I gave Mexico the UDG intials because Toryumon Mex seemed clunky too me, I'll refer to it as UDG from here on out.

UDG seemed to have a very random sporadic schedule. Toryumon 2000 Project opened in late 2001 in Japan and lots of UDG guys got most of their early experience there. I toyed with the idea of simply making UDG into T2P, but I wanted to have UDG in Mexico. And it seemed to take too much liberty with "realism" that I wasnt comfortable with. Either making UDG as T2P and keeping it in Mexico or having T2P opened early. I specifically avoided the "fast forward" of Memphis Championship Wrestling & HWA for the seam realism reason.

I also toyed with making UDG a developmental company. However, I found it led to Toryumon hiring a bunch of luchadores to dev contracts then nearly immediately calling them up to their main roster. Which I also didnt like. So I decided to simply use excursions instead to represent the Ultimo-trained people. Everyone is set to have a 2-year excursion for now to keep UDG with talent and not just have them, immediately, turn into a random Mexican indy fed filled up with Luchadors. The trade off is all the students wont migrate over to Japan for 2-years.

The issue I see with using excursions for existing workers, is new graduates will be signed to Toryumon then, only hopefully, be sent to UDG on excursions. I cant think of a better way to do things at the moment.

Toryumon Mexico Roster as of This Moment: (Anyone not marked with a (E) is on a very short-term, on loan deal for 3-months and sometimes less appearances)

• Apolo Dantes
  • Atlantis
  • Bestia Salvage
  • Big Fuji
  • Blue Panthers
  • Brazo de Oro
  • CIMA
  • Fuerza Guerrera
  • Jun Ogaqauchi (E)
  • Junya Fukumasa (E)
  • Kinta Tomoaka (E)
  • Masato Yoshino (E)
  • Milano Collection AT (E)
  • Mototsugu Shimizu (E)
  • Nitohei Oyanagai (E)
  • Raimu Mishima (E)
  • Ricky Marvin
  • Second Doi (E)
  • Shuji Kondo (E)
  • Skayde (Booker)
  • SUWA
  • Takamichi Iwasa (E)
  • Takashi Okamura (Owner)
  • Takayuki Mori (E)
  • Takayuki Yagi (E)
  • TARU
  • Touru Owashi (E)
  • Ultimo Dragon
  • Vampiro
  • Villano III
  • Yasushi Tsujimoto (E)

Notable exceptions to the "short term" rule are Takashi Okamura, Skayde & Ultimo Dragon. I decided to make Ultimo owner & booker of Toryumon, and in turn make Okamura owner of UDG with Skayde the booker. I didnt want to inflate Skayde's stats enough to the point if you make him owner/booker he doesnt hire a different booker, and felt this was a good compromise. Okamura is set to only be a Road Agent with UDG despite being an Occassional worker for Toryumon. Fuji, CIMA, SUWA, and TARU are on short term deals.

UDG has no proper titles. They do have the Young Dragons Cup, and I added the Yamaha Cup and its active so their will be a 2002 Cup, although it didnt return until 2003 IRL.

Edited by MrCanada
  • Like 4

LAST UPDATE BEFORE RELEASE:

Mexico is "done", meaning AAA, CMLL & Toryumon Mexico.

I went through and adjusted a bunch of random stuff across the world, mostly cosmetic stuff.

I also decided to give the UK & Europe some love. So Europe will be active, but I think there are like 6-workers there (Hello Claudio!) And UK now has FWA in a better state and all their workers balanced.

The big thing I'm doing before releasing the data is making sure "vital" workers for 2001-2005 are in the data. Vital meaning workers who debut in that team and had a notable impact in a major company (WWE, AEW, TNA, ROH, the big Japan companies) Most are people who debut between 2001-2005, but there are a few guys who are already wrestling. Its also worth noting MOST that would be on this list are already in the data, even added recently, but this is the current list I'm working through, no guarnatee they all amke it (for now):

TO ADD:
MVP/Antonio Banks
Nick Nemeth
Bobby Lashley
Sterling James Keenan
Mark Magnus
Karl Anderson
Shaun Ricker
Da Beast/Shad Gaspard
Neighborhoodie/JTG
Elijah Burke
Aron Stevens
Mustafa Ali
Raymond Rowe
Ryan O'Reilly
Mike Mondo
Cliff Compton
Antonio Thomas
Romeo Roselli
Caylen Croft
Pat Buck
Kevin Matthews
Tank Toland
Luke Gallows
Hirooki Goto
Naofumi Yamamoto/Yoshi Tatsu
Ryusuke Taguchi
Toru Yano
Yujiro Takahashi
Katsuhiko Nakajima
Suwama
Akebono
Taichi
Kazushi Miyamoto
Kazuchika Okada
Taiji Ishimori
Shingo Takagi
BxB Hulk
Naoki Tanizaki
Akira Tozawa
Go Shiozaki
Kotaro Suzuki
Jay Lethal
Bobby Fish
Davey Richards
Kyle O'Reilly
Eddie Edwards
Delirious
Roderick Strong
Matt Jackson
Nick Jackson
Ryan Drago/Simon Gotch
Brandon Cutler
Human Tornado
Brodie Lee
Colin Olsen
Jimmy Olsen
Scorpio Sky
KC McKnight/Dax Harwood
Steven Walters/Cash Wheeler
Player Uno
Stupified
Keith Lee
QT Marshall
Mike Bennett
Chuck Taylor
Trent Beretta
Julius Smokes
Azrieal
Deranged
MASADA
M-Dogg 20
Josh Prohibition
Joe Doering
Shawn Spears
Xtremo (July 31, 1984)
Jagged/Scott Parker
Shane Matthews
Fergal Devitt
Drew Galloway
Sheamus
Paul Burchill
Zack Sabre Jr.
Pac
Tommy End
WALTER
Alex Koslov
El Hijo del Fantasma
La Sombra/Andrade

WOMEN:
Rebecca Knox
Britani Knight
Sara Del Rey
Sarah Stock
Melina
Awesome Kong
Candice LeRae
Mercedes Martinez
Jillian Hall
Shantelle Taylor
Talia Madison
Danyah Rays (Feb 24, 1982)
Kana/Asuka
Emi Sakura
Trinity
Tenille Dashwood
DIVA SEARCH

• Like 1

LAST UPDATE IN THIS THREAD EVER I PROMISE THIS TIME:

I added DDT to Japan. I wanted too add Ibushi as a future worker, and figured DDT needed to exist too so I added DDT.

I intend to flesh out some future workers (not that entire list above but a couple handfuls) and maybe play with some TV networks too. Update should be in a week or three. Do not ask.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I've been enjoying the newer version of the game for the past couple of days. I created GAEA with Chigusa Nagayo and I'm trying to dominate the joshi scene in Japan.

I noticed a mistake: the DSF broadcaster (German one) covers all of Japan at a medium level.

I also have some opinions/suggestions, but please don't take them as orders:

• The "Yet to Open" companies shouldn't be set on "Founders are Preferred" so that the companies can still open even if potential founders are under contracts elsewhere. It would be more fun, especially if you want to jump ship. (Even if not opening them make it less realistic)

• Some wrestlers are at the start of their careers with 100 Experience, (like 5 or less years in) which seems a bit weird and takes away the joy of seeing them improve over the years.

• It could be cool to have another narrative for La Felina changing her name to Gail Kim in late 2002.

• Chigusa Nagayo's stats seem underrated. Boosting her technical, star quality, and mental attributes could be more realistic for her.

That's all. Thanks again for all your hard work. I'm having a blast! :D

49 minutes ago, RobinS said:

I've been enjoying the newer version of the game for the past couple of days. I created GAEA with Chigusa Nagayo and I'm trying to dominate the joshi scene in Japan.

I noticed a mistake: the DSF broadcaster (German one) covers all of Japan at a medium level.

I also have some opinions/suggestions, but please don't take them as orders:

• The "Yet to Open" companies shouldn't be set on "Founders are Preferred" so that the companies can still open even if potential founders are under contracts elsewhere. It would be more fun, especially if you want to jump ship. (Even if not opening them make it less realistic)

• Some wrestlers are at the start of their careers with 100 Experience, (like 5 or less years in) which seems a bit weird and takes away the joy of seeing them improve over the years.

• It could be cool to have another narrative for La Felina changing her name to Gail Kim in late 2002.

• Chigusa Nagayo's stats seem underrated. Boosting her technical, star quality, and mental attributes could be more realistic for her.

That's all. Thanks again for all your hard work. I'm having a blast! :D

Are you still playing the beta or the first release because there's a new thread for that

7 minutes ago, grock9640 said:

oh it had a comment i had, i thought you replied to me thats my bad

No worries! I was just so confused lol My reply seems snotty and I didn't mean that in that way at all. Sorry if it came across that way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ValiantJoey said:

The download links in the first post aren't downloading for me? I might be doing it wrong! Looking forward to trying the fast forward data!

Also, any chance of a version of the data to be compatible with gif photos in the future?

Full version has been released and its no longer a beta. Had to go a few posts further down teh forum.