Thoughts On The New Version CBU

For Stark, this works well for M&M (Credit to "Legend")

PL 2

Tony Stark
STR 1, STA 2, AGL 2, DEX 2, FGT 2, INT 9, AWE 2, PRE 0
Advantages: Benefit 1 (well-off), Inventor. 

Skills: Expertise: Engineering 3 (+12), Insight 2 (+4), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion 6 (+6), Technology 3 (+12).

Offenses: Initiative +2,

Unarmed +2 (Close, Damage 1). 

Defenses: Dodge 2, Parry 2, Will 2, Fort 2, Toughness 2. 

PL 11 - with Mark VIII Red and Gold Armor
STR 12, STA 13, AGL 9, DEX 9, FGT 9, INT 9, AWE 2, PRE 0
Offenses: Initiative +9
EMP -, Burst Area 4, Nullify Electrical Devices 11
Plasma Bolt +9, Ranged, Ranged Damage 13 (begins at rank 1, increments 100')
Repulsors +9, Ranged, Damage 11
Magnetism +9, Ranged, Move Object 9 (metal only)
Unibeam – Laser -, Line Area, Damage 11
Unibeam – Tractor Beam +9, Ranged, Move Object 6 (towards)
Unarmed +9, Close, Damage 12
Defenses: Dodge 9, Parry 9, Will 2, Fort 13, Toughness 13

On 11/2/2022 at 4:48 PM, djthefunkchris said:

The only real downfall so far, is the gameplay itself. It feels less personal then CBH did, because your not making a character, or playing a character.. Instead you're basically just hack and slashing with whatever characters are available, or at least that's my first impression. I have a feeling that after connecting with some of the characters, it will grow on you though.

I have the same thoughts as you here. I think my approach as to keep me closer to feeling like I have a personal character is to always use a few specific characters I like whenever possible so the story feels more focused on them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2022 at 12:44 PM, Eternal Phoenix said:

Damage resistance (or Resistance to Bodily Damage) varies from 0 (not having the power at all) to 3, with 0 being very low and 3 being extremely high. Captain Awesome and Mr. Infinity only have 2, for example, though the latter tacks on a partial for Physical Damage.

I know this is a very old post, but i need to ask about this

You said you checked the ranges for the sake of balance, so... Is there any character in the default database with a 3 in resistance to bodily damage? The way you phrased it makes it sound like there is, but i am pretty sure no such character exists

41 minutes ago, fabioman3 said:

I know this is a very old post, but i need to ask about this

You said you checked the ranges for the sake of balance, so... Is there any character in the default database with a 3 in resistance to bodily damage? The way you phrased it makes it sound like there is, but i am pretty sure no such character exists

Bluntly, no. I mentioned Mr. Infinity specifically because he's one of the very few to have a total of 3 to resist any kind of damage. The vast majority of character who are nigh invulnerable only have 2. I mean, since I wrote that I've glanced through the Greek Gods and the final version of Terminus, and yeah it holds up. Hence why I called having a 3 extremely high. Most characters in the default database would not be able to damage someone with a 3, and many of the ones who could lose the ability to once they've been damaged enough. Really I included 3 for completeness, as the power allows any rank from 1 to 3. So, technically the range of possibilities is 0 to 3. Even if it's never really used, it's still there.