PzJCc3U.jpeg

Wild Stallions vs The Terrors
The Classic Era vs The Fantastics
Eddie Gilbert vs Michael Hayes
Barry Windham vs Hulk Hogan
Nobuhiko Takada vs Lex Luger
Powerhouse Simmons vs Stan Hansen

SYNOPSIS

This coming week, WCW finishes off the opening round of the 1994 campaign.

In Tag Team action, one week after The Terrors cost The Journeymen their opening round match due to a distraction, One Man Gang and Dan Spivey will open their season up with a match against the breakout team from the end of last season, The Wild Stallions. Will Benoit and Maggs be able to continue their upward momentum, or will The Terrors be out to avenge their final placement from last season? Plus The Fantastics return to the division after a one year absence due to Tommy Rogers' injury when they take on The Classic Era. Will they bounce back strong, or will Finlay and Eaton pick apart an obvious target?

In Division Two action, 'The Hotstuff Horseman' Eddie Gilbert takes on 'Freebird' Michael Hayes. This is the newest member of the Four Horsemen's debut match after winning the Power Plant Division Three last year. Opposite him is Michael Hayes in his first singles competition after being abandoned by former partner Terry Gordy. Hayes replaced Shane Douglas due to injury, as Douglas chose The Freebird and will be managing him this season while he recovers from his Torn Achillies.

In the Premier League, Hulkamania takes WCW's Premier League by storm as Hulk Hogan competes in his first match within the division, against a motivated Barry Windham. Barry is returning to the Premier League after being demoted at the end of 1992, when he finished one win shy of retaining his spot then. There is added tension to this match though, as Hogan filled in as a surprise partner against the Windham's team in the final match of 1993, and was victorious over the team. Hogan has referred to the match as a tune-up match, which Windham and his partner Dustin have taken great offence two... Plus, Powerhouse Simmons takes on 'Sugar' Stan Hansen of Flamingo Corp. Flamingo Corp has immediately built up a reputation of bending the rules to score points this season, but Simmons himself is no stranger to controversy - falling to DQ finishes and interference of his own during his rivalry / strange alliance with Kevin Sullivan.

And in the main event, it's a war between Lex Luger and Nobuhiko Takada. Takada is coming off of a redefining moment when Player Enterprises assaulted The Great Muta - but he's not alone, as Luger redefined himself when he aligned with Sting to save him from a beat down at the hands of Player Enterprises and we haven't seen him in the ring since the occurrence. Two of the biggest stars in all of professional wrestling collide, next week on WCW Saturday Night!
CURRENT STANDINGS

1PWfan : 3/6 - 50%
SonOfSharknado : 6/12 - 50%
Rekcut012 : 6/12 - 50%
Just here to look : 7/12 - 58%
DHK1989 : 7/12 - 58%
Dawn : 4/6 - 67%
Lord Byron : 8/12 - 67%
Nightshadeex : 8/12 - 67%
Old School Fan : 10/12 - 83%

I hear Wild Stallions I think Bill & Ted. And Benoit and Maggs (who I don't recognise to begin with) probably couldn't carry that off.

I like 'em more

See above

If Hogan's here to work he can do great things- besides, he's stupendously over and you don't waste that on a weekly show

My preferred Puro guys are A) English Gaijin and B) probably not born yet in dynasty. Luger gets a big win to cement his face turn

Simmons could be a really big deal for you

Terrors beat stallions- you mean that Benoit?

Fantastic beat Classic Era- I just kinda flipped a coin for this one

Gilbert beats Hayes- Uhh there was one ECW diary a couple months back I think that had Gilbert as like one of if not the main guy that got stopped and couldn’t be continued for a reason I forget, and that’s why I’m picking Gilbert.

Hogan beats Windham- I can see a story of Hulk started off bad but getting better later on. Heck, you could somehow make Hogan the underdog, two things which haven’t been put together in pro wrestling maybe ever. My counter argument for this is its Hulk Hogan ffs, that ain’t happening.

Luger beats Takada- I’d prefer Takada winning, however Luger kinda went and did a face turn or something and it’d be good to build him up.

Simmons beats Hansen- I like Simmons a bit more. 

opGeXZk.jpg

January 1994 : Week 3

r0ybISP.jpg

It’s been reported that ‘The Argentine Assassin’ El Gigante is suffering from back spasms and has returned to his native Argentina to recover. He won’t be expected to return for approximately two months and will ultimately miss out on two-to-three Premier League matches as a result. Flamingo Corp has been given 10 days to provide a suitable replacement for his matches.

b9fI6vP.jpg

Steve DiSalvo has quit IWAS, just two months after signing with the promotion.

NWA: New Jersey continues to bolster it’s initial roster, hiring on Sindy Paradise, Lord Zoltan, Super Destroyer #2, Taz and Ricky Vargas to handshake deals.

IWAS hires King Kong Bundy on a handshake deal.

WWF renews referee Tim White’s contract, inking a $380K contract over two years.

All Japan has fallen on hard times due to the recent downturn and have sold off their dojo.

Shungyosai Yoshikawa, a NJPW Dojo graduate, has entered the wrestling world and has immediately been signed to a NJPW contract. He is reporting to W*ING to begin his career.

00IofDH.jpg

Jerry Lynn defeated Mike Samson to capture the PWA Light Heavyweight Championship for the fifth time.

911 & Tiger Jeet Singh Jr won the vacant BCW Can-Am Tag Team Championships for the first time, defeating the team of Canadian Lightning.

Stevie Richards defeated King Kaluha to win the ECW World Television Championship for the second time.

tLPXx8m.jpg

W4WA Canadian Grand Prix Round 2/23; Card One

Gerry Morrow (1-0-0) def. Chip Thompson (0-2-0)
Canadian Tiger (1-1-0) def. Don Callis (1-1-0)
Kid Kash (1-1-0) def. Richard Charland (1-1-0)
Buddy Landel (2-0-0) def. Rob Van Dam (0-2-0)
Black Dragon (1-1-0) def. Keith Hart (0-2-0)
Owen Hart (2-0-0) def. Leo Burke (0-1-1)

Worthwhile Notes:

It was a shock victory for the relatively unknown Canadian Tiger who managed to surprise Don Callis with a roll up win.
The group of Danny Davis, Greg Valentine and Dick Slater, (accompanied by silent muscle, Nitron) proclaimed they are The Northern Collective and proceeded to put themselves over as the best wrestlers in Canada.
Next week, William Regal will be out for revenge as he takes on the man who broke his neck, Buddy Hart! He promises to return the favour!
MVP : Owen Hart

Xh1mINV.jpg

LPWA Women's Grand Prix Round 1/19; Card Two

Candi Devine (1-0-0) def. Terri Powers (0-1-0)
Lioness Asuka (1-0-0) def. Bambi (0-1-0)
Bison Kimura (0-0-1) and Denise Storm (0-0-1) went to a time limit draw.
Shinobu Kandori (1-0-0) def. Malia Hosaka (0-1-0)
Akira Hokuto (1-0-0) def. Manami Toyota (0-1-0)

Worthwhile Notes:

Magnificent Mimi made one more appearance to attempt to postpone the 94 season until she was ready to return. Her efforts were dismissed by Wendi Richter, who cut a passionate promo about returning to prominence and not waiting for no one to do it.
MVP : Akira Hokuto

dpoCIZF.jpg

SSW Division 4 Grand Prix Round 1/23; Card Two

Ice Train (0-0-1) and Doc Dean (0-0-1) went to a twenty minute draw
Blue Demon Jr (1-0-0) def. Gedo (0-1-0)
Leatherface (1-0-0) def. The Patriot (0-1-0)
Robbie Brookside (1-0-0) def. Chaz Taylor (0-1-0)
Jerry Lynn (1-0-0) def. Rikki Nelson (0-1-0)
El Dandy (1-0-0) def. Stan Lee (0-1-0)

AYqrmkw.jpg

PWFG Japanese Grand Prix Round 1/23; Card One

Norman Smiley (1-0-0) def. Dr. Luther (0-1-0)
Koji Kanemoto (1-0-0) def. Abdullah the Butcher (0-1-0)
Akira Maeda (1-0-0) def. Satoshi Kojima (0-1-0)
Masakatsu Funaki (1-0-0) def. Jerry Flynn (0-1-0)
Minoru Suzuki (1-0-0) def. Shoichi Funaki (0-1-0)
Gary Albright (0-0-1) and Doug Furnas (0-0-1) went to a 15 minute time limit draw.

Notes:

Dr. Luther portrayed a vampiric preacher during his debut. It was very out-of-place for the primarily gimmick-less promotion, but surprisingly well-received.

I feel like this is the most difficult to go against... Hansen and Simmons is the hardest to decide.

Hopefully a minor hiccup, had to factory reset my entire MacBook :D hoo boy... Apparently wineskin approach has changed... fingers crossed, going through support on resolving the license on a 'new' device. Everything is backed up so this delay should be minor.

• Sad 1

9fMJ3Fq.jpg

tBEcKDL.jpg

It’s January 15th, 1994, and it is nearly freezing in Atlanta! WCW Saturday Night is brought to you by Pink Dream, the official soft drink of WCW. After the intro video of downtown Atlanta nightlife, the camera’s take us inside WCW’s neon-lit blue and pink studios where we are standing by with the WCW Analysis Team, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race and Paul E Dangerously!

m7hmEdg.jpg
Welcome folks to another exciting night of WCW Grand Prix action! Tonight, in the main event, we will see Nobuhiko Takada take on Lex Luger in the final match of Round One. Plus, Hulk Hogan will make his WCW Premier League debut! And we will kick things off with what promises to be a hard-hitting war as ‘Sugar’ Stan Hansen of Flamingo Corp takes on Powerhouse Simmons. Speaking of Flamingo Corp though, Dusty Rhodes has a announcement to start off tonight’s broadcast - Dusty?
… Well, well, well… It looks like the sands of time have taken their first victim in the war that Flamingo Corp has begun… They have cheated their way through a couple of matches already this round, but that excessive involvement… if you will… has caught up with them…
You see, the big man himself - El Gigante - has seen a little too much action and has been left with a lower back injury that will prevent him from competing in a WCW ring for a couple of matches. For the first time in WCW’s Grand Prix, a competitor will miss Premier League matches! So! Scotty Flamingo! You have one week to find a suitable replacement for El Gigante or Flamingo Corp will be fined $750,000 for damages to the integrity of the Premier League! Who do ya got, boy?
yQXPnPd.jpg
Gee, what a big punishment! WCW really has shown that dastardly corporation, waiting for fluke circumstance to take care of one of the biggest problems that exists in the current WCW landscape. I’m surprised WCW doesn’t just give Gigante a giant bandaid to get him back in the ring, as band-aid fixes seems to be managements solution to everything around here…
HwXAX8e.jpg
m7hmEdg.jpg
Paul, you shouldn’t be so sour… It’s not like you have any wrestlers that you manage that are being affected by these decisions - anymore! So fellas, who are your Premier League Picks for tonight? I’ve got Hansen, Hogan and I think Luger and Takada go to a draw tonight, repeating their result from last year.
Well… I think that Flamingo Corp will be distracted by the loss of their ally and Powerhouse Simmons will take advantage of that. And I think that Hulk Hogan will show the whole world what he’s made of in his Premier League debut… And I think that in the main event, Lex Luger defeats Takada…
yQXPnPd.jpg
You want to know what I think? I think Haku runs in and costs Simmons the match. I saw it in my crystal ball last night. Or maybe it was my VCR, watching tapes of every other Flamingo Corp match… Then I think that Barry Windham shows the world just how out of touch Hulkamania has gotten. And, and lastly - I cannot wait to see Takada roundhouse kick Lex Luger’s head directly off of his body. Let’s send it down to the ring for our opening contest!
HwXAX8e.jpg

The neon night lights strobe in the set as the cameras zoom out and the analyst group continue to chat after their microphones are cut. Saturday Night theme plays and we cut to live shots of the ring and the crowd. WCW Saturday Night starts now!

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Powerhouse Simmons is out first for the opening contest of the night, followed by his opponent ‘Sugar’ Stan Hansen. Stan is accompanied by Flamingo Corp’s Alexandra York and Haku, as well as leader Scotty Flamingo who heads straight to the commentary booth where it looks like he’ll be joining them. He’s got a six pack of Pink Dream soda to give to JR and Schiavone. El Gigante, as previously noted, is absent and the group looks only slightly less intimidating as a result.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
We kick things off tonight with what promises to be an absolute slobberknocker, two big bad men who can do a world of hurt. My question is, which man can take a bigger beating?
And of course, every time that Flamingo Corp arrives on the seen, we are legally obliged to mention our sponsor, Pink Dream soda. I gotta say, Jim, ever since Scotty started supplying our team with this stuff, I’ve noticed my waistline expanding… Speaking of Scotty, he is joining us at the booth for commentary tonight.
1JITbbY.jpg
Jim Ross would call this match bowling shoe ugly, and he’d be right about that! The two big dudes slug away at each other and slam each other hard. Referee Nick Patrick gives up on maintaining order between the two out of self-preservation, giving them space to pummel each other to their hearts content.

Haku jumps into the ring with a chair, which has become status quo for Flamingo Corp. Simmons is ready though and disarms him and then lays him out with the chair. Hansen charges at him for the Lariat, but Simmons gets the chair up, causing a brutal looking collision. Referee Nick Patrick has no choice but to call for the bell, and after conference with the ring announcer it is announced that the match has been called a draw by way of double disqualification.

Simmons and Hansen are slow to get to their feet, but when they do, they are both frustrated by the result. Hansen is yelling at Flamingo and Haku for costing him the three point win, saying he would have won if they hadn’t gotten involved.

Stan Hansen (0-0-1) defeated Ron Simmons (0-0-1) in 14:40 by double disqualification. This was their first ever match up against one another.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The Classic Era are out first and they give nasty looks to the camera as they make their way to the ring. They are followed by the entrance for The Fantastics, who get a warm reception for their return to the tag team division. Tommy swings his arm around to show off that his shoulder is fully healed, and Fulton plays up that he probably shouldn’t be doing that yet.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
It is great to see The Fantastics back in action together in the WCW Grand Prix after their first season was cut short due to Tommy Rogers’ injury that would keep him out of the ring for the majority of last year. But they have a dangerous set of opponents as they stack up against The Classic Era - two of the absolute best in the tag team division today.
You know what? I honestly can’t think of a tougher team to have to go up against in your return to action than The Classic Era. Eaton and Finlay are experts at picking apart an injury and cutting off the ring. If Tommy Rogers isn’t careful, he could be back on the shelf before the end of the night.
1JITbbY.jpg
The Fantastics started things off with quick tags and fun offence, looking like they hadn’t lost a step since Rogers’ injury. However, Eaton was able to con Rogers into the Classic Era’s corner, and an assault on his injury ensued. The action moved towards The Classic Era keeping Rogers isolated and brutally targeting his damaged shoulder.

After a hot tag to Fulton is made, Fulton cleans house, exploding on the scene. His offence is fast and furious, until Finlay cheap shots him from the apron. Rogers feels he has no choice but to tag himself in, and his injured shoulder bites him in the ass as he struggles on an attempted suplex to Eaton, who in turn hits a swinging neck breaker on Rogers and gets the victory.

Bobby Fulton tends to his partner after the match, Tommy doesn’t seem too badly hurt though. Seems to be more upset about the loss than his shoulder… Meanwhile The Classic Era celebrate as they start the season off with a win.

The Classic Era (1-0-0) defeated The Fantastics (0-1-0) in 16:40 by way of pin fall when Eaton pinned Tommy Rogers. This was the first ever match up between the two teams.

We go backstage to a set designated for Gary Hart, who is standing by reporting on the results of WCW World Wide from earlier this week, while results from Friday Night’s B-show, WCW Main Event, scrolls on the bottom of the screen.

ZPkCtDG.jpg
Hello folks, it’s time for a recap of what went down this week on WCW World Wide. In Division Two action, Kevin Sullivan (1-0-0) defeated Larry Zbyzsko (0-1-0) in a battle of the demoted. Sullivan looked as dangerous as ever, while poor Larry continues to look more and more lost out there, as his fall from grace continued.
Meanwhile, in the main event of the evening, The Outsiders (0-0-1) went to a time limit draw with the debuting team of Thunder Dragon (0-0-1), Ricky Steamboat and Jushin Liger. The Outsiders came in cocky as they considerably outsized their opponents, but the sheer speed and talent of the two men continued to frustrate Nash and Hall. Neither team was able to score victory before the time limit was reached. Ricky Steamboat was the star of the show here, showing once again that despite his age, he is one of the best in the game today.

WCW Main Event #99 Results : Stan Lane def. Rikki Nelson | Lioness Asuka & Bull Nakano def. Misty Blue & Sindy Paradise | El Hijo del Santo def. Dave Johnson | Lance Storm and Chris Jericho (Sudden Impact) def. Ian McGregor & Robbie Brookside

Gary is then joined by Brian Pillman and Steve Austin, who are with him to hype next week’s WCW World Wide Main Event against The Wild Stallions, Joey Maggs and Chris Benoit. Pillman and Austin make fun of the ‘American Fails’ team that Maggs started off with when he was teaming with Bagwell, before mocking Chris Benoit for being too small to hang with The Terrors. They wonder if their opponents will even make it to World Wide. Pillman thinks they’ll both be coming straight from a hospital.

GzJCDYE.jpg

HwXAX8e.jpg
Hello Hello and welcome one and all to the Danger Zone! I’m your host, Paul E Dangerously, and today I have with me Arn Anderson and Cactus Jack ahead of their match next week on WCW Saturday Night. Guys, I gotta ask - you are both coming off a loss in the opening round and will need a strong rebound next week. Now, it’s not the end of the world - Rick Rude was able to over-come a 0-2-0 start to win the whole deal last year - but what would starting with two straight losses mean to you?
Ladies and gentlemen, I want to take a moment to address each and every one of you. Last time I stepped into that ring, things didn't go the way I wanted them to. And you know, I could stand here and talk about the reasons, the what-ifs, and the could-have-beens, but that's not the way I was raised. That's not the way we do things in the Anderson family.
Now, I've got a date with destiny, and that date is with none other than Cactus Jack. Now, I've been in this business for a long time, and I've faced some of the toughest competitors that this sport has ever seen. But Cactus Jack, he's a different breed. He's a wild man, unpredictable, and he's not afraid to put his body on the line.
Cactus Jack, you may be one crazy son of a gun, but I've faced crazier. I've faced tougher. And come the day of our match, I'm going to prove that I am one of the very best in this business. I need this win, not just for me, but for all of you who believe in the fighting spirit of a true competitor.
So, get ready, Cactus Jack, because Double A is coming, and I'm coming with everything I've got. This is my chance to show the world that no matter how hard you hit, no matter how tough the road, the Anderson name will always rise to the top.
7Au1NKJ.jpg” width=
HwXAX8e.jpg
Very passionate words from Arn. It seems he’s very excited to date our next guest, which is disgusting as looking at Cactus Jack, I see a man who probably hasn’t showered in a month. Cactus - what is your rebuttal to Arn?
You talk about needing a win, Arn. Well, guess what? So do I. And when you step into the ring with Cactus Jack, it's not just a wrestling match; it's a war. It's a battle of wills, a clash of styles, and I guarantee you, Arn, it's not going to be easy. You may be Double A, but I'm the embodiment of chaos.
So, Arn Anderson, bring your A-game. Bring everything you've got because you're going to need it. This isn't about respect; it's about survival. And when it’s all said and done., the one left standing will be the man who's willing to go to places others fear to tread. Get ready, Arn, because Cactus Jack is coming, and the pain train is about to roll right through you.
RTxlFij.jpg” width=
HwXAX8e.jpg
Well, ladies and gentlemen, what an intense and candid conversation we've had tonight on Talking Dangerously. A huge thank you to the Enforcer, Arn Anderson, and the unpredictable Cactus Jack for gracing us with their presence. It's been a wild ride, and I hope you've enjoyed every moment of it as much as I have.
Arn, Cactus, you've left us with a promise of a showdown that's bound to be talked about for years to come. The anticipation is palpable, and I can't wait to see what happens when you two collide in the ring.
This is Paul E Dangerously signing off, and as always, until next time, stay dangerous!

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Widowmaker’ Barry Windham makes his way to the ring with Dustin Rhodes at his side. Hogan makes an over the top entrance, complete with pink and blue confetti raining down from the ceiling. Blue and Pink neon lights line the entrance ramp and the crowd goes wild for him. Barry and Dustin seem a bit cheesed about the entrance before the match kicks off.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
This is it, folks! The Premier League debut match of Hulk Hogan! It has been a long time coming, but the wait is over. The biggest star in professional wrestling is about to compete in the most prestigious tournament known to mankind. Can you feel the electricity?
Don’t forget about his opponent here though! You know, Barry has accumulated 17 victories over two seasons including singles wins over Bam Bam Bigelow and Tully Blanchard. Barry is as tough as they come!
1JITbbY.jpg
The bell rings and right from the start, Dustin Rhodes is getting hot at ringside, and jumping up on the apron to argue with Hogan. They waste a few minutes with this, until referee Randy Anderson opts to eject Dustin from ringside. From there, Barry attempts to go on the offensive for a bit, with a sequence of moves to build up momentum, but then Hogan hulks up…

Big Boot, Leg Drop and that is all she wrote. Hulk Hogan is victorious in his Premier League debut!

Barry looks defeated, but Hogan approaches him and pulls him to his feet. He talks to him and it seems he’s apologizing for his comments. Hogan offers his hand and Barry shakes it. Barry leaves in defeat while Hogan poses for the crowd.

Hulk Hogan (1-0-0) defeated Barry Windham (0-1-0) in 10:34 by way of pin fall. The two previously competed in tag team competition against one another. Hulk Hogan improves to 2-0-0 all time against Barry Windham.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The Terrors are out first to a mixed reaction. The crowd has begun to sour on them as babyfaces and they seem to have a bit of a chip on their shoulders, having finished last season just one win shy of returning to the Premier League.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
I’m starting to wonder just how long these two brutes will be able to live down that devastating loss at the end of last season before they snap. They have been on edge since then, and their issues seem to be building up against the team that beat them, Al Snow and Chris Adams.
You know something, Jim? We shouldn’t brush off the Wild Stallions just yet. They started teaming together late last season and just have the right ingredients together. I wouldn’t be shocked if they end up out-scoring everyones expectations.
1JITbbY.jpg
The large team of One Man Gang and Dan Spivey dominate the early going, but are unable to put away the spunky underdogs. Several comeback attempts are made by Benoit and Maggs, but are negated by huge power moves. It seems as though The Terrors have full control.

Dan Spivey absolutely demolishes Joey Maggs, laughs and then tosses his carcass back to his corner. Benoit tags in, fires up, and goes full steam against his larger opponents, putting up a good fight for a bit, but his momentum is stifled by the larger opponents. Spivey lines up a chokeslam, but Benoit gets out of it, dropping behind Spivey and then shoving him head first into OMG. He then cradles Spivey for a shock pin! The Wild Stallions win!

The Terrors are pissed and they shove Benoit post match. The Journeymen come down to confront them, with Snow trying to calm them down, saying it’s gone far enough. Gang lays them out from behind and then Gang tackles Chris Adams through the barricade! Spivey looks conflicted by Gangs actions but then choke slams Snow through a stage side table! The crowd boos as The Terrors stand tall.

The Wild Stallions (1-0-0) defeated The Terrors (0-1-0) in 15:06 by way of pin fall when Chris Benoit pinned Dan Spivey. This was the first ever match up between the two teams.

JGgmXE7.jpg

The title graphic shows for WCW’s Inside the Squared Circle segment, and the show pivots to a studio segment featuring the legendary Jesse ‘The Body’ Ventura, and Magnum TA. At the bottom of the screen, a news ticker hypes next weeks WCW subsidiary shows.

3wSc89I.jpg
Well Jesse, the day has finally come - Hulk Hogan finally made his WCW Premier League debut after 6 months of anticipation. And boy, did he debut with authority, swiftly and definitively defeating Barry Windham to start his season 1-0-0. I gotta ask - Was it worth the wait?
Lemme tell ya something, Mag. Hogan has been parading around WCW for 6 months to get to this point and now begins the most arduous competition of his career. Yeah, he beat Barry soundly, but Barry has been competing at the highest level for the last two years, week in and week out. Hogan is here to show the best that he is the best but this was his first truly competitive match in WCW - he’s effectively had a long period of time to rest and recover. Let’s see just how dominant he is as the season wears on.
oOKr00n.jpg
3wSc89I.jpg
I get what you are saying, but this is Hulk Hogan. HULK HOGAN! The Immortal legend. The biggest star in all of wrestling. And he’s been out of the limelight for quite some time. I think the opposite reigns true - I think he carries his momentum as he competes for the hearts of all Americans and every little Hulkamaniac out there.
And that Immortal legend is going to have his momentum die when he runs head first into the brick wall that is Big Van Vader next round. What happens when the unstoppable force collides with the immovable object? Because Barry Windham is no immovable object but Vader - Vader holds the longest winning streak in WCW Premier League history.
oOKr00n.jpg
3wSc89I.jpg
I think you are selling Barry short here, the guy earned his spot in the Premier League… But I have to stop you here, Jess - Gary Hart is standing by for an exclusive interview with Kevin Von Erich.

SSW Round 2, Card 1 featuring El Hijo del Santo vs Rikki Nelson | PPW Round 2, Card 1 featuring Harlem Heat vs Nubian Nightmares, and Jeff Jarrett vs Al Perez | WFWA Round 2, Card 2 featuring Buddy Hart vs William Regal | LPWA Round 2, Card 1 featuring Lioness Asuka vs Wendi Richter | PWFG Round, Card 2 featuring Scott Armstrong vs Michiyoshi Ohara

Gary Hart asks Kevin about that sick punt kick he landed on Butch Reed last week. He says that Butch has been recovering since the move. Von Erich says that he has been reliant on his families identity with the Iron Claw, and it’s time for a change. Diamond Dallas Page approaches with The Diamond Doll by his side. Page says that he just finished watching his friend, Hulk, win in convincing fashion. Says that he is facing Kevin next round and that Kevin should think twice before using such a dangerous move against him.

Next week’s Saturday Night main event will be Rick Rude taking on The Great Muta for the first time ever. Duelling promos aired from the two competitors.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
*Rude stands there holding his gold proudly on his shoulder.*
The best thing I ever did was step away from everyone that was holding me back and step out onto my own - but Muta would need an army at his back to defeat me. I am the champion of champions. No one can touch the champion - especially not some Div 2 brat who can’t even respect his own partners. You are looking at the past, present and future of wrestling, and it’s simply… ravishing.
*Sitting silently in a dark room*
When the dust has settled - The Shining Wizard rises…
1JITbbY.jpg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Eddie Gilbert comes out with The Four Horsemen in tow, and the group looks to be having a blast. ‘Hotstuff’ seems confident leading into his debut match in WCW. His opponent, ‘Freebird’ Michael Hayes, is accompanied by the man he replaced in the tournament - Shane Douglas. Douglas is trying to coach or motivate Hayes as they enter, but Hayes doesn’t seem too enthused to be told what to do by the younger wrestler.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
I don’t know what Shane Douglas has to coach Hayes on - the guy has been doing this for ages at a high level and Douglas’s own career in the big leagues just getting started. The Freebird does not seem two thrilled about his arrogant manager here. I’ll let you what - these two have got to get on the same page if Hayes stands any chance of surviving his transition from tag team to singles competition.
Yeah - you are right Jim. And on the opposite side, how can Ric Flair be so upbeat tonight? He is fresh off of a loss to start his own campaign and yet he’s out here, living it up like he’s the champion already? I get that it’s Eddie’s night to shine, but Ric looks a little too happy given his own predicament.
1JITbbY.jpg
This one is slow to start out, as the two men masterfully feel each other out, seemingly searching for openings. Meanwhile on the outside, Shane Douglas is barking orders, all of which are seemingly the opposite of everything that Hayes does successfully.

Eddie Gilbert strings together a few big moves, building momentum in his favour. He whips Hayes off the ropes for the Hotshot, but Hayes counters with a dropkick. Hayes hits a few more moves and now it looks like he’s got the match in his hand! He… goes for the tag? And then realizes that he’s all alone as Shane Douglas yells at him from ringside. Hayes shakes his head to snap out of it, but turns into the hotshot and Gilbert picks up his first win in WCW.

Eddie Gilbert celebrates his victory with the rest of The Four Horsemen, while Shane Douglas argues with Michael Hayes.

Eddie Gilbert (1-0-0) defeated Michael Hayes (0-1-0) in 15:28 by way of pin fall. This was their first ever match up against one another.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Player Enterprises make their way out, minus The Great Muta who was decisively removed from the group last week. There is an air of unity to this group and it feels like a weight has been lifted and the dissension within the ranks has been eliminated. After they arrive at the ring, Lex Luger makes his entrance for the first time since joining Sting. The two get a massive pop from the live crowd, and Luger looks determined.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Tony, I can’t speak for you, but I think that Teddy Long’s group made a big mistake in turning their backs on The Great Muta. He is a promising young star, on the verge of breaking out in WCW’s Premier League. I can’t help but feel that ego overrode Takada last week when he laid out Muta. What I don’t get though is that Muta has proven himself as one of WCW’s elite - what does he have to gain from holding back Muta?
You got a great point there, Jim. I can’t help but be distracted though, by the increase in muscle that Lex has put on since we last saw him. This man is a physical specimen - you’d think he lives at the gym!
1JITbbY.jpg
As seen last year, Takada and Luger have found incredible chemistry in the ring, and the battle between the technique and striking game of Takada against the raw power of Luger reached a new layer of intensity with a newfound hero’s will to survive from Luger. Takada took down Luger early with submission holds, but Luger powered through each one, consistently finding new ways to use brute strength to break holds.

Takada hits Luger with a series of strikes that puts him down to the mat, but he kicks out of the pin attempts. Takada locks in a leg-bar, and Bigelow and Taylor are getting into it with Sting at ringside. All of the sudden, the lights hit and when they return, Muta is beside Sting! He sprays mist in Bigelow’s face! Teddy Long is freaking out and this distracts Takada. Luger recovers and grabs Takada and spikes him with an Attitude Adjustment Piledriver! Luger wins!

Sting and Muta stare each other down, before they nod and go their separate ways. Luger rejoices with Sting and Teddy Long is fuming at his team’s winless first round start. He’s yelling at Muta that they’re going to get him as the broadcast returns to the analysis panel’s studio.

Lex Luger (1-0-0) defeated Nobuhiko Takada (0-1-0) in 18:22 by way of pin fall. Lex Luger improved to 1-0-1 against Takada all time.

MCcWWhU.jpg

Replays are shown of the finishes from the night, followed by the updated leaderboards for WCW’s Grand Prix. Standing by for analysis as always is the team of Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, and Paul E Dangerously.

m7hmEdg.jpg
And with that, round one of the 1994 season is in the books. What a great night of action, folks! And for the second week in a row, the $10,000 bonus for performance of the week goes to a wrestler from the tag team division who competed on WCW World Wide! Ricky Steamboat is taking home the extra cash after bringing his newfound team ‘Thunder Dragon’ the distance against the team with the most wins in the history of the WCW Tag Team Division, The Outsiders.
Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat is out there proving each night that even at 40 years old and in a lower division, he is still a must-watch wrestler… I’ve seen many men try and claim immortality within these ropes, and while most clamour to find that one night where they are able to achieve immortality, Steamboat does it every single night… But let’s get to the topic of the hour - the ruling on the match for Hansen versus Simmons… Due to the double disqualification being a direct result of Flamingo Corp interference, both men’s disqualification penalties will be billed to Flamingo Corp.
yQXPnPd.jpg
I gotta admit, that is pretty painful to see for them. I know I’ve been ragging on WCW management for the handling of Flamingo Corp so far this season already, but they lost a wrestler, have been given a firm deadline and responsibility to replace Gigante, and now are incurring multiple penalties to pay for their opponents’ disqualifications? Touché, WCW. Touché.
HwXAX8e.jpg
m7hmEdg.jpg
Besides the constant issue that has been Flamingo Corp, what do you guys think about the other two Premier League matches that occurred tonight? I thought Hogan looked amazing in his debut, picking up a decisive victory that will probably demoralize Barry Windham. And I thought that the Luger and Takada match was superb and despite the loss, Takada looked as deadly as ever. If it weren't for the distraction from Muta, I think Takada may have pulled off the victory.
Harley… I saw the intensity between Muta and Takada last week, and I know that they will inevitably square off in Grand Prix competition. But… But they are scheduled too far out for this current beef - if you will… They aren’t set to square off until the halfway point of the season -that's too long to wait to see these two men mix it up… And WCW Superbrawl is only one month away…
yQXPnPd.jpg
No kidding, Dream. I think Luger should be penalized for Muta’s distraction. I really don’t like that Luger and Sting are on the same page now - and did you see how Muta and Sting nodded at each other? They’re in cahoots, I’m telling ya. Anyway folks, see you all next week for more WCW action as round 2 kicks off with Muta taking on the defending champion, Rick Rude!
HwXAX8e.jpg

WCW’s theme plays as the show fades out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ROUND 2 : WEEK 1 CARD

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Thunder Dragon vs Samoan Swat Team
The Journeymen vs The Classic Era
Terry Taylor vs Butch Reed
Johnny B Badd vs Mitsuharu Misawa
Arna Anderson vs Cactus Jack
The Great Muta vs Rick Rude

SYNOPSIS

Coming up this week, WCW kicks off round 2 of the 1994 campaign.

In Tag Team action, The Classic Era look to build off of their opening round victory as they take on (0-1-0) The Journeymen. Snow and Adams of The Journeymen are looking to rebound from a beating they took at the hands of One Man Gang and Dan Spivey - will they be recovered enough to even compete in their match? Plus the newly formed team of Thunder Dragon - Ricky Steamboat and Jushin Liger - compete on Saturday Night for the first time as the take on the hard headed Samoan Swat Team. Will Samu and Fatu’s vicious streak continue, or will the high flying Thunder Dragon team overcome the savages?

In Division Two action, Terry Taylor and Butch Reed compete to attempt to bounce back from first round losses. The looming story here however is whether Player Enterprises can bounce back from a winless start and the removal of The Great Muta from their ranks? Also, Mitsuharu Misawa looks to prove that he is the standard bearer after a tainted loss to Scotty Flamingo in Round 1 when he takes on ‘The Wild Man’ Johnny B Badd - Johnny has been racking up knockout victories as he hones in on his boxing background, and his manager Jody Hamilton seems to be guiding him up the rankings.

In the Premier League, Arn Anderson and Cactus Jack go to war in a desperate attempt to avoid an 0-2-0 start. These two warriors will stop at nothing to return to 500 to start the season off. Plus, Flamingo Corp has been given a strict deadline of this coming Saturday to announce it’s replacement for El Gigante until he is fit to return to the ring. Who will Scotty Flamingo recruit to his stable to compete in the Premier League?

And in the main event, The Great Muta steps into the ring for the first time since he was betrayed by Player Enterprises as he takes on the reigning WCW Premier League Champion, ‘Ravishing’ Rick Rude. The champion’s final stretch of 1993 was blessed with fortunate distractions for his opponents that ultimately led to his championship victory - will Muta succumb to a similar fate or will the 1993 Division Two Champion overcome Rick Rude? Will Player Enterprises make their presence felt? Plus, is there more to the mutual respect shown between Sting and Muta? All this and more on yet another loaded WCW Saturday Night card!
CURRENT STANDINGS

1PWfan : 5/12 - 42%
Just here to look : 10/18 - 56%
DHK1989 : 10/18 - 56%
Dawn : 7/12 - 58%
Rekcut012 : 11/18 - 61%
Lord Byron : 12/18 - 67%
Nightshadeex : 12/18 - 67%
SonOfSharknado : 12/18 - 67%
Old School Fan : 12/18 - 67%

• Like 1

opGeXZk.jpg

January 1994 : Week 4

b9fI6vP.jpg

The Patriot is suffering from a badly herniated spinal disc and will be out of action for a year. His SSW Division Four Replacement will be announced this week.
The Ultimate Warrior won the 1994 Royal Rumble.

NJPW renewed Riki Choshu with a 2 year contract worth $2.8M

WWF renewed Tim White with a 2 year contract worth $380K.

WWF signed King Kong Bundy to a 2 year contract worth $360K.

European promotion, the Catch-Wrestling-Association, is on it’s last legs as it faces bankruptcy. It’s likely that the promotion will be closing it’s doors really soon. The European economy has not fostered new promotions and it seems as though wrestling will be dying out for a while in Europe.

WWF signed Nailz (also known as The Convict) to a 4 year contract worth $514K.

After rumours were circulating that Sid Vicious would be replacing El Gigante in the WCW Grand Prix while Gigante recovers, he suffered a separated shoulder and will be out of action for NJPW for a few weeks.

00IofDH.jpg

Axl Rotten defeated Billy Jack Haynes to win the CAPW Heavyweight Championship for the first time.

Norio Honaga defeated Monkey Magic Wakita to win the UWF Super Welterweight Championship for the second time.

Shinichi Nakano won the Rings Mega Battle 1994.

Ricky Fuji defeated Rob Kaman to win the W*ING World Jr Heavyweight Championship for the third time.

Brutus ‘The Barber’ Beefcake defeated Jerry Sags to win the WWF Intercontinental Championship for the first time.

Luna Vachon defeated Rockin Robin to become the LMLW Florida Champion for the first time.

XqPNRiI.jpg

Power Plant Singles and Tag Team Grand Prix Round 2/15; Card One

El Negro Y La Plata (2-0-0) def. The Simpsons (0-2-0)
Davis & Barr (2-0-0) def. Sons of the Mountain (0-2-0)
The Moondogs (1-0-1) and the Heavenly Bodies (1-0-1) went to a double count out draw.
Harlem Heat (1-0-1) and Nubian Nightmares (1-0-1) went to a time limit draw.
Marquis ‘The Artiste’ Bagwell (2-0-0) def. Mr. Hughes (0-1-1)
Cobra (1-0-1) def. Manny Fernandez (0-2-0)
Great Kokina (2-0-0) def. La Parka (0-2-0)
Jeff Jarrett (2-0-0) def. Al Perez (0-2-0)

Worthwhile Notes:

The Sons of the Mountain seemed confused by their disqualification for using steel chairs in the match.
There was a showdown hyping next shows match between Rick Titan and Rayo De Jalisco Jr.
This was Al Perez's final match under a WCW contract before his UWF exclusive contract begins.
MVP : Negro Casas

tLPXx8m.jpg

W4WA Canadian Grand Prix Round 2/23; Card Two

Sledgehammer Anderson (1-1-0) def. Dick Slater (1-1-0)
Greg Valentine (1-1-0) def. B Brian Blair (0-2-0)
Danny Davis (2-0-0) def. Rey Misterio Jr (1-1-0)
Chris Jericho (2-0-0) def. Bruiser Bedlam (0-2-0)
Lance Storm (1-0-1) def. Ed Moretti (1-1-0)
William Regal (2-0-0) def. Buddy Hart (1-1-0)

Worthwhile Notes:

Buddy Landel came out after Lance Storms match to mock him and hype their Round 3 match.
MVP - William Regal

Xh1mINV.jpg

LPWA Women's Grand Prix Round 2/19; Card One

Madusa (2-0-0) def. Candi Devine (1-1-0)
Judy Martin (1-1-0) def. Linda Dallas (0-2-0)
Penelope Paradise (2-0-0) def. Malia Hosaka (0-2-0)
Debbie Malenko (2-0-0) def. Combat Toyota (0-2-0)
Lioness Asuka (1-0-1) and Wendi Richter (1-0-1) went to a 20 minute time limit draw.

Worthwhile Notes:

Madusa suffered a broken tail bone during her match against ‘Sweet’ Candi Devine. She will miss her next match, scheduled against Penelope Paradise. A replacement will be announced at the next show.
Manami Toyota is shown as saddened by her round one loss to Akira Hokuto. She writes home, stating she is planning on staying at her estranged cousin’s house while she works through the shame she has brought her household.
Grindhouse Vignette hyping Akira’s next challenger, Bambi. Boogaloo Brown is reintroduced as a samurai priest.
Lioness Asuka suffered a severely bruised eye socket after a wild swing from Wendi Richter connected. There is said to be bad blood between the two at this time.
MVP : Debbie Malenko

dpoCIZF.jpg

SSW Division 4 Grand Prix Round 2/23; Card One

David Sammartino (2-0-0) def. Gedo (0-2-0)
Rip Rogers (2-0-0) def. Leatherface (0-2-0)
Robbie Brookside (2-0-0) def. John Rambo (0-2-0)
Randy Rose (1-1-0) def. Tommy Jammer (0-2-0) - who was replacing Ricky Vaughn.
Brian Lee (2-0-0) def. Moondog Storm (0-2-0)
El Hijo del Santo (2-0-0) def. Rikki Nelson (0-2-0)

Brazo de Plata was revealed as the replacement for The Patriot.

AYqrmkw.jpg

PWFG Japanese Grand Prix Round 1/23; Card Two

Volk Han (1-0-0) def. Hans Nijman (0-1-0)
Masahito Kakihara (1-0-0) def. Gerard Gordeau (0-1-0)
2 Cold Scorpio (1-0-0) def. Mark Starr (0-1-0)
Yoshiaki Yatsu (1-0-0) def. Minoru Tanaka (0-1-0)
Tatsutoshi Goto (1-0-0) def. Dick Vrij (0-1-0)
Michiyoshi Ohara (0-0-1) and Scott Armstrong (0-0-1) went to a 15 minute time limit draw.

Notes:

MVP : Volk Han

• Like 1

9fMJ3Fq.jpg

tBEcKDL.jpg

It’s January 29nd, 1994, and it is very cold in Atlanta! WCW Saturday Night is brought to you by Pink Dream, the official soft drink of WCW. After the intro video of downtown Atlanta nightlife, the camera’s take us inside WCW’s neon-lit blue and pink studios where we are standing by with the WCW Analysis Team, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race and Paul E Dangerously!

m7hmEdg.jpg
Welcome folks, to the opening night of Round Two for the 1994 season! We have two massive Premier League matches on deck for tonight, as Cactus Jack takes on Arn Anderson and in the main event, the defending champion ‘Ravishing’ Rick Rude takes on The Great Muta. Muta of course is competing in his first match since splitting from Player Enterprises. Gents, what are your predictions for tonight?
Well, well, well… The show will open up with one of mah boys, Double A, taking on a mad man named Cactus Jack… Jack is a dangerous sort of cat - but Arn knows dangerous and has been to this dance before… I am calling for Arn to pick up the win here in what promises to be a hard hitting affair… And then, in the main event… Where the big boys play… The Great Muta has to prove to the whole wide world that he made the right choice in abandoning Player Enterprises, if you will… I think he does just that tonight with a massive upset over Ricky Rude.
yQXPnPd.jpg
I think you are wrong about both matches, Dream. I think that the dangerous Cactus Jack is unstable and deranged - just the right recipe for victories inside the squared circle. He’s disheveled and unconventional - my kind of cat. Then you think that our champion, OUR HERO, ‘Ravishing’ Rick Rude, is going to lose to some guy who’s never won a Premier League match before?!?!? He’s champion for a reason. Get your head out of your rear end and provide our champion with the respect he so rightfully deserves!
HwXAX8e.jpg
m7hmEdg.jpg
I gotta agree with Paulie on the main event - not to take anything away from The Great Muta, but he has so much going on at the moment with Player Enterprises turning on him, that I think he will be distracted here. But I’m going to side with Dusty on the opening contest - Arn is too consistent and too reliable to fall for the crazy antics of a madman. Before we send things down to the ring for our opening contest - is there anything you boys want to touch on?
Yes, thank you Mista Race… Tonight we will also see Thunder Dragon make their WCW Saturday Night in-ring debut. Folks, lemme tell ya something… Jushin Liger and Ricky Steamboat are two of the most exciting wrestlers in all of wrestling today… across all the globe… and the two of them teaming together? You have got to see this.
yQXPnPd.jpg
And I would like to implore you all to be sure to stay tuned for yet another inspiring segment of The Danger Zone, where I will be joined by Hulk Hogan and Big Van Vader as we discuss their upcoming match. But lets not waste any more time - we’re sending you down now to the ring, for our opening contest. WCW Saturday Night starts, now!
HwXAX8e.jpg

The neon night lights strobe in the set as the cameras zoom out and the analyst group continue to chat after their microphones are cut. Saturday Night theme plays and we cut to live shots of the ring and the crowd. WCW Saturday Night starts now!

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Arn Anderson is making his entrance down the stage when Cactus Jack sprints down the ring and bulldogs him on the stage! He smashes his face on the stage ramp a few times and then clotheslines Arn over the ropes and yells at Nick Patrick to ring the bell to start the match! Arn kicks out, but he’s in danger right as this one starts!

Yw8oqxT.jpg
That mad-man Cactus Jack is deranged - someone has got to get him under control. He’s a loose cannon and he has no regard for himself or his opponents. Referee Nick Patrick should have disqualified him for that pre-match assault, but I think that Arn has too much pride to allow that to happen.
I don't know how you can even go about controlling a maniac like Cactus Jack. He’s certainly accomplished within the ropes, holding a 20-8-3 all time WCW record, but I don’t think he’s all there mentally.
1JITbbY.jpg
Cactus squeals and grinds Arn down in the early going, determined to have this match wrestled at his speed. Arn weathers the storm and is able to take the fight back to Cactus. The two men brawl all around the ring and both get busted open in the process. This is just a wild brawl, the two are sloppy against one another and seem to be lacking real chemistry but thankfully the crowd is buying into the ugliness.

Cactus wants to go for a diving elbow drop, but Arn meets him on the top rope. They take a nasty fall and Cactus takes a disgusting bump onto the stage ramp. But the mad man crawls immediately into the ring, squeals, and immediately takes a Double A Spinebuster from Arn! Arn is limp on top of Cactus and gets the three count.

A dazed and bloodied Arn Anderson has his arm raised in victory. Commentary surveys the visceral carnage around the ring and suggests we get in a clean up crew at the first intermission.

Arn Anderson (1-1-0) defeated Cactus Jack (0-2-0) in 14:59 by way of pin fall. This was their first ever match against one another

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The Classic Era makes their entrance and they are accompanied by the debuting ‘Kiwi Queen’ Susan Sexton. She is revealed to be the new valet of Eaton and Finlay. Their opponents are Al Snow and Chris Adams. They make their way to the ring, but are distracted by a confrontation with One Man Gang and Dan Spivey, who are sitting in the crowd…

Yw8oqxT.jpg
What are those two clowns doing here? Dan Spivey and One Man Gang have proven that they are two bad dudes. It seems though that attacking The Journeymen wasn’t enough, they need to come ringside to continue to agitate them…
You know something, Jim? I’m extremely excited to see Susan Sexton make her debut as part of The Classic Era! The iconic lady may have called it a day inside of the ring, but she’s proven to be a hit with the fans and so it’s great to see her here in WCW.
1JITbbY.jpg
The Journeymen start this one off in control as they get the upper hand on Dave Finlay and cut the ring in half with frequent tags. Snow and Adams show how far they’ve come from Snow being an apprentice - it’s evident now the two partners are on par and Snow has learnt the trade. Finlay is able to break free though and tag in Eaton which turns the tables for a bit and then things break down completely with all four men getting their heat in.

Al Snow confronts OMG at ringside and steals his popcorn, riling him up. They’re shouting at each other and referee Mike Atkins stops them from getting physical. Sexton slides Dave Finlay her high heel and he gouges Chris Adams with it! Finlay locks in an Irish Deathlock and Adams is bleeding and unconcious. Referee Atkins calls for the bell, awarding The Classic Era the match by submission.

One Man Gang and Dan Spivey laugh at The Journeymen from ringside while The Classic Era celebrate with ‘The Kiwi Queen’ Susan Sexton.

The Classic Era (2-0-0) defeated The Journeymen (0-2-0) in 16:57 when Dave Finlay submitted Chris Adams to an Indian Deathlock The Classic Era improves to 2-0-0 against The Journeymen all time.

We go backstage to a set designated for Gary Hart, who is standing by reporting on the results of WCW World Wide from earlier this week, while results from Friday Night’s B-show, WCW Main Event, scrolls on the bottom of the screen.

ZPkCtDG.jpg
In Division Two action, Haku (1-1-0) defeated Nikita Koloff (0-2-0) after a distraction from Miss Alexandra York. And in Tag Team action, The Horsemen (2-0-0) were victorious when Steve Austin and Brian Pillman defeated the Wild Stallions (1-1-0) In other news, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash issued a challenge to Ricky Steamboat and Jushin Liger - they want a shot to finish what the two teams started when they went to a time limit draw during their Round 1 match. The rematch has been confirmed for Superbrawl 94.

2 Cold Scorpio defeated Perry Saturn | Bull Nakano defeated Linda Star | Owen Hart defeated Al Perez | Buddy Landel and Kid Kash defeated Sudden Impact.

The team of Steve Williams and Terry Gordy enter Hart’s booth, and The Miracle Violence Connection and threatened their opponents for next week’s world wide, Rock N Roll Express. Gary mentions that the tag team division has been the lifeblood of World Wide to start off this season.

GzJCDYE.jpg

HwXAX8e.jpg
Hello Hello and welcome one and all to the Danger Zone! I’m your host, Paul E Dangerously, and today I have with me The Mastadon Vader and Hulk Hogan, who will be competing in two weeks time. This is the battle of two men larger than life - Billed as The Unstoppable Force vs The Unmovable Object. Vader - what are your thoughts on this match?
They’re billing me as the Unmovable Object in this one, huh? Let’s talk facts. Fact - I hold the longest running win streak in WCW’s Premier League history. If that isn’t the definition of Unstoppable Force, I don’t know what is. Hogan - the way I see it, you are facing the Unstoppable Force and The Immovable Object all wrapped in one. Time for Hulkamania is over.. It’s time… It’s time… It’s Vader Time!
dmDBcAm.jpg” width=
HwXAX8e.jpg
It’s hard to argue with Vader’s comments. Hogan - realistically you have just arrived on the scene. You’ve dealt with exhibitions that saw you suffer injuries at the hands of a wrestler who isn’t even competing on a WCW level yet. You may have a legendary past, but how can you possibly prepare at this stage in your career to face off against a man like Vader?
Let me tell you something, brother Paul. In all my lives, they have stacked me up against the biggest of giants and the baddest of men. And each and everyone of them have fallen to ‘The Immortal’ Hulk Hogan. You see - the power of Hulkamania lives in the hearts of the millions of Hulkamaniacs that rally me through adversary. So, Vader, let me ask you something, brother. Whatcha gonna do… When Hulkamania runs wild on you?
gc27x0H.jpg” width=
HwXAX8e.jpg
A riveting response from Hogan as always. But, I have to ask… Hogan mentioned the power of the Hulkamaniacs - but we’ve seen in recent months that there is a waning in the sea of support. Sting himself has vocalized he doesn’t trust Hogan. Can the power that be Hulkamania be dying out? This is Paul E Dangerously signing off, and as always, until next time, stay dangerous!

PzJCc3U.jpeg

‘The Standard-Bearer’ Mitsuharu Misawa makes his entrance for his second WCW match, and he looks determined to pick up his first win. Next out is Johnny B Badd, accompanied by Jody Hamilton. The boxer-styled entrance for Badd continues to be emphasized.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
I am extremely happy that Johnny B Badd has maintained his managerial relationship with Jody Hamilton after the break up of the Shooters Club last season - Johnny has all the tools to be a big player in WCW but needs the guidance of someone who knows how to put them all together and Hamilton provides just that.
You know, Misawa arrived on the scene here with the name ‘The Standard-Bearer’ and his in-ring control over Scotty Flamingo in his debut proved that to be the case. But his skillful technique and mastery of the Japanese arts could be all for nothing if Johnny B Badd is able to connect with that Wild Thing Haymaker.
1JITbbY.jpg
B Badd plays up the boxer gimmick with a southpaw stance and some early strikes and shuffling feet, but Misawa neutralizes him with a series of strikes of his own. They play up the disparity of wrestling styles at play here and it works really well for riling up the live crowd.

They get into an escalating strike battle which Johnny begins to build up momentum with! B Badd goes for his Wild Thing Haymaker, but Misawa catches it and rolls into an armbar! Johnny has no option to tap out!

Jody Hamilton consoles his client in the ring. Johnny grips his arm in pain, but rises to his feet. Misawa and Johnny stand toe to toe and shake each other’s hands in mutual respect.

Mitsuharu Misawa (1-1-0) defeated Johnny B Badd (1-1-0) in 16:15 by way of submission. This was their first ever match against each another.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The Samoan Swat Team comes out and are mean mugging the camera and scare off a couple stage hands. Their opponents, Thunder Dragon, come out with a thunder-storm themed entrance complete with lightning strike pyro!

Yw8oqxT.jpg
This is the first time we are seeing the team of Thunder Dragon on WCW Saturday Night programming and let me assure you that this promises to be one of the most exciting teams you will ever see. Jushin Thunder Liger and Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat are two of the best in the game today and boast some of the most exciting offence in all of wrestling.
They may be the most exciting, but they are squared up against potentially the most dangerous team in all of wrestling - The Samoan Swat Team. Samu and Fatu are vicious savages that have no regard for their opponents well-being. They recently seriously injured Jim Brunzell and took pride in doing so. All the excitement in the world won’t matter when The Samoans break your legs.
1JITbbY.jpg
This kicks off with The Samoans attacking before the bell and the action spilling everywhere. We see Scott Hall and Kevin Nash enter and watch from the ramp. Right from the start, this one has a bit of everything. It takes a while for things to settle down a bit, as Steamboat finally gets control in the ring and he commands the ring for a while.

It doesn’t last though as things break down and bodies are flying around the ring at the speed of bullets. JR and Schiavone can’t keep up with the action. Steamboat and Samu go flying over the ropes and tumbling onto the floor. Fatu goes for a pop-up Samoan Drop, but Liger reverses it into a head scissor takedown. Liger goes up top and soars with a Shooting Star Press! That’s all she wrote as the building is shaking!

The Samoan Swat Team get back to their feet and are yelling in frustration at the loss as they return up the ramp. Liger and Steamboat regroup and celebrate as Thunderstruck hits the PA system again and the crowd loves Thunder Dragon! They motion to The Outsiders on the ramp and it looks like they are accepting the rematch for SuperBrawl!

Thunder Dragon (1-0-1) defeated The Samoan Swat Team (1-1-0) in 16:31 by way of pin fall when Liger pinned Fatu. This was their first ever match against each another.

JGgmXE7.jpg

The title graphic shows for WCW’s Inside the Squared Circle segment, and the show pivots to a studio segment featuring the legendary Jesse ‘The Body’ Ventura, and Magnum TA. At the bottom of the screen, a news ticker hypes next weeks WCW subsidiary shows.

3wSc89I.jpg
Hello and welcome to Inside the Squared Circle! I’m Magnum TA, and to my left is the esteemed Jesse ‘The Body’ Ventura. Jesse, we saw earlier in the broadcast tonight not one but two pre-match attacks in the ringside area. First Cactus Jack attacked Arn Anderson on the ramp ahead of the opening contest, and then The Samoan Swat Team jumped Thunder Dragon as they entered the ring. What do you think WCW should do to prevent these attacks.
Look - you come to the ring to get into a fight. If you aren’t prepared for the fight before you emerge onto the stage, you aren’t ever going to win the match anyways. The way I sees it, the second you are in the ringside area, you are fair game to your opponent. It becomes a risk on the attackers part because the second you circumvent the rules, you are creating openings for anything to happen and for the referee to use his discretion in disqualifying you.
oOKr00n.jpg
3wSc89I.jpg
But it blatantly gives the attacker an advantage? We have rules about outside interference, why not also prevent this indiscretion?
Lemme tell ya something, Mag. Who attacked in the Arn versus Jack match? And who won? And who attacked who in the tag match? And who won? If you create too many rules and regulations, you lose out on the excitement that is professional wrestling. As long as the combatants are only those involved in the actual match, I say it is fair play.
oOKr00n.jpg
3wSc89I.jpg
Okay, well clearly we aren’t going to convince you otherwise. I guess I shouldn’t expect anything else from a guy who’s motto was “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat…” We’re going to send things down to Gary Hart who is standing by with Sting and Luger who are eagerly awaiting confirmation on the replacement for El Gigante this round and next…

LPWA Round 2, Card 2 - featuring Akira Hokuto versus Bambi | SSW Round 2, Card 2 - featuring Blue Demon Jr versus Jerry Lynn | W4WA Round 3, Card 1 - featuring Lance Storm versus Buddy Landel | PWFG Round 2, Card 1 - featuring Abdullah the Butcher vs Minoru Suzuki

Gary Hart is with Luger and Sting who rattle off WWF jobbers who might replace El Gigante in Grand Prix action until he can return. Scotty Flamingo arrives with Stan Hansen and Miss York in tow. Flamingo says that he’s a man of resource and he’s using some Flamingo Corp reserves to pay for one of the brightest stars in all of wrestling. He’s hired a man who recently signed to NJPW, Davey Boy Smith! Luger and Sting are impressed but not phased. They joke about an American traveling to Japan to hire a Brit and Gary Hart says it’s time for a video package hyping next week’s match between Rich Flair and Barry Windham.

Next week’s Saturday Night main event will be Ric Flair taking on Barry Windham for the first in WCW Grand Prix competition, but have a long standing rivalry, having fought for the NWA title all across the United States. The two have Duelling promos aired from the two competitors. Flair is accompanied by his Four Horsemen peers, while Barry is with his partner Dustin Rhodes.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Vader - he scored the one-two-three on me, but he didn’t beat me! No! No! I am… The Man! The Nature Boy… Woooooo! Barry Windham, you sonofabitch, I’ve beat your blackjack ass all up and down this country, and you were a second rate member of The Horsemen when you were with us! These boys - they are bigger and brighter stars than you will ever be! I am The Man around here, and Barry, you cannot beat me! Wooo!!!!
Ric… We’ve been up and down this road a million times and each time I’ve learned another trick you are holding in your sleeves - I’ve mastered a thousand counters in my journey to this point. I was embarrassed against Hulk Hogan and need to rebound worse that anything. We keep doing this dance… You say your the 60 minute man, but we’re fighting in a 20 minute race. I think at your advanced age, it takes you at least 20 minutes to even get it up and started…
1JITbbY.jpg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

Terry Taylor comes out with Bam Bam Bigelow and Teddy Long of Player Enterprises - interestingly, no Takada though. They look like they mean business tonight, looking to bounce back from a terrible Round 1.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Terry Taylor looked like a man possessed coming down to the ring tonight, I think he’s got something to prove. But he’s got the raw power of Kansas City stand-out Butch Reed to contend with.
I don’t know who has more to prove here, Jim… Butch Reed who has two losing seasons to his name on quite and is likely winding down his career at this point, or Terry Taylor who has to live up to two separate members of Player Enterprises winning Division Two before him…
1JITbbY.jpg
Reed charges Taylor right off the bat, looking to use brute force to defeat Terry - but Terry has superior technique and uses it to consistently thwart each attack from Reed. As the match carries on, Taylor develops momentum with confident holds and simple throws, frustrating Butch Reed.

Butch Reed fights back and works Taylor to a corner. He elevates him, looking like he’s lining up a super-plex. Taylor grips the ropes though and kicks Butch away. Taylor then flies off the top with a Flying Forearm Smash and pins Reed.

Terry Taylor and the rest of Player Enterprises march straight to the back, clearly things are strictly business right now. Butch Reed is slow to his feet and Jimmy Jett checks on him. Reed refuses help and limps off.

Terrence Taylor (1-1-0) defeated Butch Reed (0-2-0) in 15:10 by way of pin fall. Terry Taylor improves to 2-0-0 against Butch Reed all time.

PzJCc3U.jpeg

The Great Muta comes out alone for his first match since being kicked out of Player Enterprises. He’s got a new entrance theme and fog shrouds his entrance. Once he’s in the ring, the familiar beat of ‘Everybody Wants to Rule the World’ hits and the champion makes his way to the ring. Rude is clad in gold and simply exudes greatness and ego at this point.

Yw8oqxT.jpg
Gold on Gold on Gold… Rick Rude may be the most self-centred man on the entire roster, and he may have the biggest ego out of anyone we have ever witnessed, but the man has to be acknowledged as a great champion. How he has gone about getting to the top is questionable at best, but his greatness is undeniable.
You know what, Jim? I am excited because we are about to see a brand new Muta. ‘The Shining Wizard’ is a master of mind games, and uses psychology to slowly tear apart his opponents, and this will be the first time that he will have to fully rely on his own abilities as he won’t have Player Enterprises in his corner to distract his opponents.
1JITbbY.jpg
Muta dodges and parries Rude’s initial attempts at offence and Rude slowly but surely gets annoyed by the savvy of his opponent. Muta adds a few of his popular flashy moves to his offence to win the crowd over, as he hits his Space Rolling Elbow and a frankensteiner, much to the crowds pleasure. The match is pretty much 75/25 in Muta’s favour, but admittedly they seem to be on different wavelengths and the timing is off on a few moves.

Muta hits a series of strikes and knocks Rude back, and one more kick puts Rude on his knees. Muta lines up for the Shining Wizard when Japanese music strikes and Takada walks out onto the stage. Muta is distracted and yelling at Takada, and Rude recovers and grabs Muta from behind, dropping him with the Rude Awakening. Rude picks up the win!

Rude celebrates, pounding his chest and demanding his title belts as he acts as though he dominated his opponent. Muta holds his neck as he recovers in the ring and stares up the ramp at Takada. They are staring daggers at each other as the broadcast from the ring fades out and the broadcast returns to the WCW studio.

Rick Rude (2-0-0) defeated The Great Muta (0-1-1) in 16:49 by way of pin fall. This was their first ever match against each other.

Replays are shown of the finishes from the night, followed by the updated leaderboards for WCW’s Grand Prix. Standing by for analysis as always is the team of Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, and Paul E Dangerously.

vtMYXBb.jpg

m7hmEdg.jpg
And with that victory, the defending champion Rick Rude moves firmly into first place for the time being, with 6 points. There we have it folks, night one of Round Two is in the books. Still, we have to award the $10,000 bonus to someone tonight, and for the second straight week it’s going to Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat for his outstanding performance in the Tag Team Division. Is there anything you gents want to discuss?
Well… I’ve had a chance to parlay with the powers that be for WCW… And the verdict is in… Simply put - we cannot wait until Takada’s inevitable match against Muta. There must be resolution and it has to happen before it affects the outcome of any further Grand Prix matches… So at Superbrawl, Player Enterprises will face Muta and two partners of his choosing… We already saw mutual respect between Sting and Muta - will Luger and Sting answer the call?
yQXPnPd.jpg
That sounds like a phenomenal main event worthy match, IF Luger and Sting are game. Else, I don’t know if Muta has made any other friends he can turn to… Speaking of finding friends - how about Flamingo’s announcement that he has temporarily signed Davey Boy Smith? That is sure to turn some heads!
HwXAX8e.jpg
m7hmEdg.jpg
For sure. Davey is a great decision for the ever-controversial Flamingo Corp. I gotta give it to Scotty here, he may be annoying as all hell, but he’s brought the goods to WCW, bringing in the likes of Stan Hansen and Davey. Speaking of Flamingo Corp, I am obliged to mention that our Post Show Panel has been brought to you by Pink Dream Soda, the soda of your dreams!
Davey Boy… Known to a large percentage of the American viewing audience as The British Bulldog… a champion in his own right… This will give WCW fans two never before seen historic matches as he’s guaranteed to square off against both Lex Luger and the Stinger… Massive, massive matches that only WCW can bring to you, and only WCW is willing to give to you on cable TV.
yQXPnPd.jpg
Well TV-land, it’s been a blast bringing you all yet another amazing night of WCW action. Next week, we’ll see Stan Hansen take on Lex Luger, Powerhouse Simmons against Nobuhiko Takada, and Ric Flair against Barry Windham. Until then, this has been World Championship Wrestling, the greatest competition in wrestling today.
HwXAX8e.jpg

WCW’s theme plays as the show fades out.

exitXjq.jpg

• Like 2

ROUND 2 : WEEK 2 CARD

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PzJCc3U.jpeg

PS Lucha vs The Fantastics
La Cultura Torcida vs The Outsiders
Diamond Dallas Page vs Kevin Von Erich
Nobuhiko Takada vs Powerhouse Simmons
Lex Luger vs Stan Hansen
Ric Flair vs Barry Windham

SYNOPSIS

Coming up this week, it's Week 2 of Round 2 of the 1994 campaign.

In Tag Team action, the team of PS Lucha (Solar and Blue Panther) look to continue their impressive start to their WCW by picking up a second straight win. Their opponents - The Fantastics - are determined however to rebound from a tough defeat at the hands of The Classic Era in Round 1. There is still questions about Tommy Rogers' shoulder and whether he's returned from injury too soon... One thing is for certain here - all four men are are known for working a slow pace and being experts at tag team psychology. Meanwhile, in other action, the other newly promoted team to WCW is looking to prove they belong after a first round loss. La Cultura Torcida - Konnan and Eddie Guerrero - have a tall task ahead of them though in order to do it, as they face off against the team with the most wins in WCW Tag Team Grand Prix history, The Outsiders. Nash and Hall are also looking to make a statement here as we head towards Superbrawl where they are scheduled to face Thunder Dragon in a rematch of their Round 1 draw.

In Division Two action, it's a battle between two stars who started off the season with a win, but two very different stories. Diamond Dallas Page is no longer seen as a rookie after his WCW Grand Prix debut last season and a strong first year. Plus, he's burst into the spotlight due to a budding friendship with Hulk Hogan. Across the ring from him will be the 18 year veteran, Kevin Von Erich, who has been struggling to get ahead in Division Two, but recently introduced a sick new weapon to his offence - a bare-footed punt kick.

In the Premier League, 'The Total Package' Lex Luger goes to war with Flamingo Corp's 'Sugar' Stan Hansen in a battle of behemoths. Flamingo Corp has consistently gotten involved in it's members matches, but the recently reformed Lex Luger will have his friend Sting in his corner. Will Sting neutralize the threat of outside interference? And will it even matter with a monster like Hansen across the ring from Luger? Plus, it's Takada vs Simmons II, as last years battle resulted in a time limit draw. The Great Muta will have his eyes on this match after he was distracted in his own round 2 match by Takada... 

And in the main event, 'Widowmaker' Barry Windham takes on his former Four Horsemen cohort, 'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair. Flair claims to be 'The Man' in WCW and doesn't think Barry has a chance at beating him, and if history has anything to say about the matter he may be right - Flair beat Windham up-and-down the states across the 80s... Will Barry Windham being able to overcome one of the greatest champions of all time?
CURRENT STANDINGS

1PWfan : 5/12 - 42%
Just here to look : 10/18 - 56%
Dawn : 7/12 - 58%
DHK1989 : 14/24 - 58%
Lord Byron : 15/24 - 63%
Rekcut012 : 16/24 - 67%
Nightshadeex : 16/24 - 67%
Old School Fan : 16/24 - 67%
SonOfSharknado : 17/24 - 71%

• Like 1