Nerf Grappling progression?

I've always thought the gains fighters get in wrestling and to a lesser extreme jiu jitsu were a little high compared to gains in striking.

Pictured is a fighter with 75 dedication, 65 potential from 21 to 26. The gym he has been at since the start of the save has good Boxing, good Jiu Jitsu but average wrestling yet boxing looks almost unchanged compared to the wrestling gains. Would the gym need to be high in kickboxing and muay thai as well to gain boxing skills? Still seems quite high in the wrestling area even if so

1.JPG.6b5c63cbe8742018b11d8cce3111469d.JPG2.JPG.2ac1327c883969254e5ac6c9e2b214d4.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

In my experience Potential doesn't really do anything. I thought it capped the max values,

In this example the camp doesn't have much to do with it. Seems like the boxing is just capped at 76%. His progression makes sense though as he's a BJJ fighter. He just "rolled" high for the hidden 'destiny' stat.

But you're right. The max values for wrestling seem high compared to the striking maxes.

• 1 month later...