1980s "Gaz" Sticker pack

I've been working on this for awhile and have now got a pack of about 1100 pics done that I use with a modified version of the 1985 mod. I'm curious if anyone is interested in these? I have all promotions done through like 1992 (used Gaz's stuff as well) but redid the pic pack from scratch. I am missing maybe 500 workers at this point from 1985 through 2000.

Here are samples:

YmtlPFk.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jaysin said:

I wish it was the square version instead of the weird slice, but insane that you put this together 

I like the slice! It gives room for the promotion logo to be in that corner which is extra nice when you do stables.

I have come to no longer like the nGo style (that I originated so not knocking anyone else!) of being super zoomed in and tight against the borders. I really like the clean looks this gives and it gives more room for art.

I've also done a lot of work restoring old pics to make them better quality.

Edited by justtxyank
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, justtxyank said:

I like the slice! It gives room for the promotion logo to be in that corner which is extra nice when you do stables.

I have come to no longer like the nGo style (that I originated so not knocking anyone else!) of being super zoomed in and tight against the borders. I really like the clean looks this gives and it gives more room for art.

I've also done a lot of work restoring old pics to make them better quality.

I applaud the work you've done. Also, I'm glad you're back bud. Missed ya!

I really like this style and have been using it for a 1986 mod I'm working on (thread coming soon). I've done quite a lot of pictures already but I'm sure there will be some I haven't gotten to yet if you'd be happy for me to include them as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I will be uploading this file this week. I will be continuing to update it of course, but I feel it's in a good place to use with either the Risky Business mod or the DOTT mod that are on here.

I've gone to painstaking effort to get images that are era appropriate and have done a ton of touch ups, colorization, photo correction, etc.

This first version will have 1200 pictures that were done exclusively for the 1980s timeframe and another 800 or so that are future workers.

My naming scheme:

- The main pic for a worker will be somewhere close to 1985.

- Additional pics will end with a year if I know the year (so Tully Blanchard.88 for example) or just use a number if I don't know for 100% certainty what year it was from.

Why do I name that way?

- It makes plug and play with mods easier as you mass edit to name.gif (like I did with DOTT and Risky Business for my own use). And then you can easily do agers with the files that have a year on them.

-This also makes it easier to update it for other mods as you can look at a 95 mod for example and find a pic with a 95 date on it.

- As long as @gazwefc83 doesn't mind, I will include his company logos in my upload so the pack is complete.

- I've also updated some belts, but not all of them. Only NWA, AWA, WWF and MACW belts.

- I've done a small handful of events for AWA, WWF, NWA, JCP.

- I've done a small number of broadcasters (TBS, MTV, ESPN)

- I've done a few tv shows to replace old ones cut years ago. I've used remini to improve picture quality.

- I've done a small number of new narratives

One thing I've taken away on events, broadcasters, etc. is the border. All of the skins now have borders in them, so the border on the actual picture just operates as a double border. I think it looks cleaner now.

I'll post some examples in another post in a moment.

• Like 2

Here are samples:

Belts:

nPURzBP.jpgfDV9OjF.jpgdJL7mhx.jpg

nqIMuny.jpg

Events:

n0Bq9yy.jpgL1KmEaS.jpgJkIjQh9.jpg

For Events I either used old ads and cleaned them up or recreated with the intent but blended the CVerse style backgrounds to make them more visually appealing.

Promotions:

Sh2FjiD.jpggMHHzGI.jpguXreHUc.jpgn5ymnGH.jpg

For promotions I try to get you alternate options (see AWA) as well as logo changes through the 90s. Using DOTT and Risky Business, I have every promotion through like 1999 covered.

Stables:

S3thtTE.jpgs4kIbRF.jpgsKTuQp9.jpgkwOdXVm.jpg

For Stables I looked at either old magazine pictures or tshirts as most of them didn't have "logos." I tried to copy the original "spirit" of the stable from those type of sources if there isn't a picture to use.

Broadcaster:

vjsal4Q.jpgFpZwAgp.jpg

Broadcasters probably the least important, but I tried to go back and find logos through the 80s.

TV:

FzNpBAO.jpg

Here is my new main screen when viewed in 1985: (includes new WrestleWar picture)

TREjyiK.jpg

Worker Samples:

k9Ekr6B.gifmZsTED5.gifArueqmL.gifvPYWIU7.gif

TLJbRlF.giftEIxACE.gifjWGNHbw.gif1Q72IUW.gif

KzhedSy.giftltSEDz.gifJ9p1dJT.gifhOh4KRi.gif

XMNixca.jpg

I do kayfabe the cut size a bit by trying to make the giants look bigger in the images. However, I stuck with Gaz's lines as best possible while still making the picture look good. Some guys have small bits of their heads cut off because of picture angles or because the source was too bad for me to recreate the top of their head.

Edited by justtxyank
  • Like 3

On 1/22/2023 at 4:27 PM, justtxyank said:

I will be uploading this file this week. I will be continuing to update it of course, but I feel it's in a good place to use with either the Risky Business mod or the DOTT mod that are on here.

I've gone to painstaking effort to get images that are era appropriate and have done a ton of touch ups, colorization, photo correction, etc.

This first version will have 1200 pictures that were done exclusively for the 1980s timeframe and another 800 or so that are future workers.

My naming scheme:

- The main pic for a worker will be somewhere close to 1985.

- Additional pics will end with a year if I know the year (so Tully Blanchard.88 for example) or just use a number if I don't know for 100% certainty what year it was from.

Why do I name that way?

- It makes plug and play with mods easier as you mass edit to name.gif (like I did with DOTT and Risky Business for my own use). And then you can easily do agers with the files that have a year on them.

-This also makes it easier to update it for other mods as you can look at a 95 mod for example and find a pic with a 95 date on it.

- As long as @gazwefc83 doesn't mind, I will include his company logos in my upload so the pack is complete.

- I've also updated some belts, but not all of them. Only NWA, AWA, WWF and MACW belts.

- I've done a small handful of events for AWA, WWF, NWA, JCP.

- I've done a small number of broadcasters (TBS, MTV, ESPN)

- I've done a few tv shows to replace old ones cut years ago. I've used remini to improve picture quality.

- I've done a small number of new narratives

One thing I've taken away on events, broadcasters, etc. is the border. All of the skins now have borders in them, so the border on the actual picture just operates as a double border. I think it looks cleaner now.

I'll post some examples in another post in a moment.

I don't mind at all, use anything of mine as you wish

• Like 1

Almost ready to upload. Here are some more samples.

6qWNYRZ.jpgJ1uwWJF.jpgBvLlzmO.jpgjs1wgYH.jpg

tevicQY.jpgQqjkC8Q.jpguoRdyBa.jpg5LYr96z.jpg

pEmNKbl.jpgucPuO5s.jpgqI25JnB.jpgxHYPast.jpg

wC3HXLX.gifdP8fC8N.gifbNdJ4mk.gifkTKg3OY.gif

As you will see from some of the events, I've made a lot of "custom" or "fake" events for other companies or generic ones. If you are like me, when you play in the 80s you end up wanting new events, buy out WCW or WWF, etc. Example, in my 83 AWA I have Pat Patterson so AWA created the Royal Rumble. Hence, a generic Royal Rumble:

XaF7nlV.jpg

Edited by justtxyank
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...