Styles and Skills

I'm probably missing it somewhere, but is there anywhere to find a description of the various styles and skills? For example, what is "Chain Wrestling" or "MMA" and how does the "Safety" skill affect gameplay? Also, while I have a pretty good idea what a Luchadore is, I'd like some clear definitions on the styles. For example, what does it mean to be a "regular wrestler" opposed to a "technician"? What about "Strike Shooter" and "Grapple shooter"? I'm loving this game, but could use some help in understanding all of its components.

Welcome to the board, Ron Garvin. Loved your title win over Flair; screw the haters. ;) Re: Styles... [QUOTE=Wrestling Spirit 1 Help file]A wrestler can have one of 12 styles, and these are used when deciding which wrestlers a promotion will want to sign. These do not change over time.[/QUOTE] Keeping in mind that styles are basically AI tools to help them hire and book their matches: A Regular Wrestler is basically someone who can go into a match with just about everyone and still look half-way decent doing it. As opposed to, say... a technician (someone with a strong amateur wrestling background) vs. a brawler (kick, punch, repeat). The Shooter styles, I imagine, are more reflective of the modern Ultimate Fighter stuff; or as a shoddier example, Bruce Lee is a Strike Shooter, Royce Gracie is a Grapple Shooter. As far as how Styles effect your character, it only really plays in as to where you'll get hired. You can create a super junior (a high flying quickster) then load his move set up with stomps, chair attacks, and mistings and play him as a psycho. It's pretty much relative, until looking for a job (in my opinion). Re: Skills... [QUOTE=WreSpi2 Help File]Each skill has a different use. Some will have a direct impact on your performance in matches. For example, the higher you raise your Aerial ("high flying") skill, the greater ability you will have to slip out of or avoid moves being performed on you. Others effect your chances of being hired. For example, if you wish to get hired by a Sports Entertainment promotion, the higher you can get your Charisma skill the more desirable you become to them.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]super junior (a high flying quickster)[/QUOTE] Actually, a cruiserweight would fit the 'high flying quickster' role better than a super junior who is more akin to a technical high flyer, while a luchadore would be a high flying technician. Chain Wrestling is a worker's ability to string together technical moves in a realistic and believable fashion. Mat Wrestling is basically the yang to Aerial's yin. As far as how styles affect getting hired, Regular Wrestler gives you the most flexibility. Entertainers fit best in Sports Entertainment and T&A type feds though they CAN be hired by other promotion types. MMA Crossovers fit best in Hybrid promotions. If you're looking to strike gold in a promotion like TCW (Traditional now :( ), you'd be best served being a Brawler or Technician though I think they also hire Entertainers (can't be 100% sure atm). Basically, if you know what kind of style a promotion uses, you can probably guess as to what styles they lean towards when hiring. Lucha feds lean more toward....luchadores! Same with Sports Entertainment and entertainers. But in all things, Regular Wrestler gives you the most flexibility and the ability to fit into pretty much any promotion style.

Archived