PSW: Welcome to my mid-life crisis

image.jpeg.735d1168f6e3c5eabefaa958685e592b.jpeg

All matches are hardcore unless specified otherwise

Barbed wire - Cerberus vs Doug Peak

Sky Man vs The Silencer

Acid vs Stuntman

PSW National Title No.1 Contenders' - Cage - Cowboy Buck Winchester vs The King vs Xavi Ferrera vs Xavier Reckless

PSW Tag Titles - Samoan Destruction Inc(c) vs The Dirty White Boys

PSW National Title - Jebediah vs Sayeed Ali(c)

Ernest Youngman vs Harry Allen

Art Reed vs Logan Wolfsbaine

PSW Title - Cage Match - Ash Campbell vs Nelson Callum(c)

Most correct predictions for this show will win a prize.

Predictions, feedback, queries, chants and signs most welcome. Enjoy!

Barbed wire - Cerberus vs Doug Peak

Sky Man vs The Silencer

Acid vs Stuntman

PSW National Title No.1 Contenders' - Cage - Cowboy Buck Winchester vs The King vs Xavi Ferrera vs Xavier Reckless

PSW Tag Titles - Samoan Destruction Inc(c) vs The Dirty White Boys

PSW National Title - Jebediah vs Sayeed Ali(c)

PSW Title - Cage Match - Ash Campbell vs Nelson Callum(c)

Doug is washed, Cerberus is TOUGH.

Sky Man vs The Silencer

It's a long way from Cali for the Sky Man.

Acid vs Stuntman

Normally you want to put the young guy over but since he's apparently not over...I'm sure the DAVE boys would love to have their friend win.

PSW National Title No.1 Contenders' - Cage - Cowboy Buck Winchester vs The King vs Xavi Ferrera vs Xavier Reckless

Xavi Ferrera Baby

PSW Tag Titles - Samoan Destruction Inc(c) vs The Dirty White Boys

DWB winning the titles at this stage of their career would make PSW literally NYCW but worse.

He's so good! How can he ever lose? He should hold all the titles at the same time!

I stand corrected on Ernest. He just needed a little push.

Logan has backup, even if Art Reed is still pretty damn good.

Not a certainty by any means, but it feels very "TEW diary" to put the title on the guy you made interesting, in a good way. Nelson can do anything in the meantime to try not to be poached by a bigger company which happens a lot.

Sky Man vs The Silencer

Acid vs Stuntman

Sky Man vs The Silencer

Acid vs Stuntman

Crowd Signs: Sky Daddy (for sky man)
Crowd Chants: We love Acid!; Youngman! There's no need to feel down; Ali, Ali, Ali Ali (Like Sami Zayn's Ole')

Sky Man vs The Silencer

Acid vs Stuntman

PSW National Title No.1 Contenders' - Cage - Cowboy Buck Winchester vs The King vs Xavi Ferrera vs Xavier Reckless

PSW Tag Titles - Samoan Destruction Inc(c) vs The Dirty White Boys

PSW National Title - Jebediah vs Sayeed Ali(c)

Lockdown.jpg.c818e97693e42fdee4194aa77c43764d.jpg

Preshow

We're kicking things off by visiting everyone's favourite self-help guru, The King. This time, he's mid-way through a session with Vendetta.

The King: "So there's this guy, Immortan Joe, and he's controlling the water right? And Tom Hardy drives his car there and back?

Vendetta: "Right."

King: "Okay, but I just don't see how that translates to wrestling. How do you base your whole life around a film like that? I mean there isn't even any dialogue."

Vendetta: "Release the river!"

King: "One moment please." King disappears into another room where his assistant Marina works on admin.

"You invite another loser like that into my office it will be you eating a backfist."

Marina Del Ray: "Did you not read his file, look." Marina highlights Vendetta's many workplace injuries.

King: "My god I'm a genius. Get out there now and don't let him leave."

King then takes his phone and makes a call: "Hey boss, I've found it, the way in. Send the lawyer."

We then move to the Sky Man, preaching from his altar at the St Peter and Paul church.

"Losing isn't bad. It's good. It teaches you things and I understand that.

"From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils in the power of scorpions to torment.

"Now go forth, bikers, and bring the belts back to the Family And seeing as other family members can't get this job done, I will take out the fallen soldier."

Wicked Lester approaches the altar once the rest of the family has gone.

Lester: "Oh Sky Man, I have upset you, I have disappointed you. But how can I redeem myself if you don't let me in the ring."

Sky Man: "You get a match Lester when you show me you care about this family and not yourself. And trust me, if you don't, I will have you removed."

Match 1: Blood Soldiers vs The Dogs of War

• The Blood Soldiers seem invigorated by the words of their leader, rushing the army lads from the start
  • As we've seen in recent weeks, without the Silencer, Desert Storm and Devil Dog look completely lost in the ring
  • And the star of the match is undoubtedly Zomboy, flinging himself at the soldiers without showing any emotion or regard for his own wellbeing
  • Perched on the top rope, ZomBoy delivers his double stomp to Desert Storm for the win

Winners - Blood Soldiers - Grade 26

Those who are early to the show see the tron move into a selfie view, with someone broadcasting live on Instagram.

Austin Smooth: "I'm telling you Bolty, I don't need to beat Jebediah in the ring, I can do that any time. All we need is a diss track."

Dead Bolt: "Dead."

Smooth: "No diss tracks are not 2020, they're still relevant, like me and you. And here's the man I've been wanting to see. Antix, drop some bars for me."

Antix: "Dog who do you think I am? Flo Rida? I ain't for sale and I sure as hell wouldn't work with a little dweeb like you."

As Antix finishes his rejection, Bolt slams into the back of him then bodyslams him on the concrete floor. 

Smooth: "Come on Bolty. We don't need him. I can do it myself."

Arthur Dexter Bradley vs James Diaz

• The return of ADB from injury sees him go straight for the man who broke his arm and put him on the shelf, then be palmed off on his cousin
  • At only 18-years-old, Diaz is a scary sight, huge, muscular and yet to be dropped in PSW
  • ADB tries his best to be the first, using his speed and lucha-libre influenced offence
  • But this spelled the end when he went for a flying cross-body, only to be caught and flung halfway across the ring with a release fallaway slam
  • Waiting for him to get to his feet, Diaz measures him then unleashes the thumb spike. ADB's twitching on the mat. Diaz mercifully covers him for three.

Winner - James Diaz - Grade 32

image.jpeg.8f30ca83e600530e6f5a821b15c01886.jpg.f96d2167aa9fa12c8e7606de11d5b018.jpg

Edited by jcarmjn
  • Like 6

Lockdown.jpg.c818e97693e42fdee4194aa77c43764d.jpg

image.jpeg.94556769b1ae9e7eee434a1b628d9683.jpegimage.jpeg.696d635c73c2b1924670dcd6847530ff.jpg.c9b74aeb5d98e45185dce14f28c55feb.jpg

“We are live and coming to you from the sold-out home of hardcore and streaming on Wrestleworld.
"I’m Mitch Naess alongside the Iceman Alex Braun. If you're thinking why are you two so chipper? There's no Eric Tyler for this first part of the show. Unfortunately for you guys, he is in the ring with a microphone...."

image.jpeg.6e4e13a321d320a1e4d237ee5fd0b106.jpg.bfe3f1aea3dc50a54f34aadaafc4b8da.jpg

Eric may have retired from in-ring competition, but he's still ready for a fight. Addressing a heavy member of the crowd: "Don't think you're too heavy for a tradition lift fat boy. You better shut your mouth before I make you bleed jelly. Go ahead champ."

image.jpeg.791f808934214c80e2a231c652d03125.jpg.4daa7e11e6e1f49fa48588e07f538a02.jpg

Ash Campbell used to be the most hated man in PSW, but there are definitely pockets of cheers now, not that he cares.

Ash: "Thanks Eric, and thank you to all of you for coming to tonight's buy one get one free offer. No, no, not your mom and your sister, tonight you get to see the Heir of Hardcore finally ascend to his rightful place atop PSW. And in the same show, you get to see the last of Nelson Callum. Because, let's face it, when I grind his bones against that cage (points upward) and soak this canvas with his blood, he'll finally be on his way. But where to next Nelson? Why SWF needs another bland babyface now that Valiant's gone, they can't handle a Campbell so that could be perfect for you. Or maybe your buddy Davis can get you a gig down in Puerto Rico? You could be the third wheel in Flex and Pecs, or job to Shawn Gonzalez's granddaughter."

image.jpeg.c64af5b022eb57c585c588614fef4dde.jpg.4000871beaec0313c843b5240fdb3c27.jpg

Braun: "Like the rest of us the champ's had enough."

Nelson Callum: "Now Ash, I know you've gone through a lot lately so I've tried to take the higher ground and be the better man here. But I will not have you question my commitment. Pittsburgh peeps. you've witnessed my rise, you may witness my fall, but you will witness it in a PSW ring. My blood, my sweat, my tears are embedded into this canvas. You're the Heir of Hardcore? You can have it, I don't give a s***. Nelson Callum is not hardcore, Nelson Callum is P-S-F******-W. See you in the ring Ashley."

Naess: "We're starting hot tonight folks. Words from the champ and now the tag titles are on the line"

image.jpeg.f0f229dcc9c1739e8662183f29b0360f.jpg.a2a48c261cc0d1eeb3642d757ef0e4f5.jpgimage.jpeg.314e9094074b1f6a6387797bad578b06.jpg.20fca289787af1995656ad13970a4aa4.jpg

image.jpeg.c72d32e00f12946e47a688db93201745.jpg.75c2dfd4a5283e67e8f780884e7f890c.jpgimage.jpeg.becc940c93df393205bf9af7359668ca.jpg.ac53516398b46d9e785bed0d5db92e51.jpg vs image.jpeg.1f24a7f9fc2f58a0deffbf5297d5dc2b.jpegimage.jpeg.3c05812b5173c381ca87924c30540f5c.jpeg

• This match sees us go back in time to when two big teams punched each other in the face to try and win the tag titles
  • For the first time in their careers, Samoan Destruction Inc seem to have more finesse than their opponents
  • And for another first, their opponents seem to have an equaliser
  • Umaga lurches forward to nail Lead Belly with a headbutt, only for Lead to lift up his armpit, nearly knocking Umaga out with the smell
  • But Destruction Inc has control of this one and look to have defence number 10 in hand when a hooded figure throws powder into the eyes of Umaga

image.jpeg.fbeaf7f02515dc20e29587b858eb6e7b.jpeg

• The Dirty White Boys take advantage and hit Machine with the Full Throttle. 1-2...........

Winners and new PSW Tag Team Champions - The Dirty White Boys - Grade 43

RemmySkye.jpg.a5f03ec2e964a20ca616fa6aa5d48f79.jpg  vs TheSilencer.jpg.4b64630662d86fdf5c432abaf90a9e60.jpg

• The Sky Man is out to congratulate his associates and stays out to face-off with the massive Silencer
  • The big man shows off his superior strength early on, gorilla pressing Remmy into the guardrail
  • But instead of showing pain, Sky Man just laughs, coughing up blood at the same time
  • Silencer's training hasn't prepared him for this, and the more the Sky Man laughs, the more The Silencer is thrown off his game
  • In one moment, the Sky Man sweeps, spiking the Silencer with a jumping DDT
  • A Skye dive follows for the three and what a night this is for The Family

Winner - Remmy Skye - Grade 36

Two matches in a row is far too much for PSW so we're headed to the backstage gym. Usually seen performing vanity sets, this tag team just perching on the edge of two benches, looking sorry for themselves...

image.jpeg.6056fc79f4cb13e67205ab8ebc9d1326.jpg.64fbdce38042cf1d572c8f180437a1b7.jpgimage.jpeg.bf51319f3d4ac11d39c1e0d854ad9d1c.jpg.38de9cb785d415a0d5c395f286dc68a1.jpg

But fear not Rich & Famous, help is at hand.

MightyCavanagh.jpg.73d42e9d569132bcf46692f73aabdda7.jpg

Mighty Cavanagh: "Now boys, I know we ain't been on the best of terms lately, but I know exactly you two feel. It sucks to be kicked out of a place you're not wanted, and I just wanted to let you know, me and Teddy, we're both here for you."

Jordan looks like he's about to respond, but he's beaten to it by Idol, whose response is a big chunk of phlegm that lands on Cavanagh's forehead.

Jordan: "Bro, what the hell did you do?"

A roar can be heard across the gym with Jordan and Idol running away in a cartoon-like fashion, with Cavanagh chasing behind. A shot of the gym shows an entire pulley has been thrown through a mirror and the door lies off its hinges.

Cerberus.jpg.a153237168b5cbd1257ab4b0604e4ac9.jpg vs DougPeak_alt_WF1(1).jpg.036d34cf1c26ab0eb55bc1c2adcc3f5e.jpg

• PSW has had its fair share of brutal matches, and this one is up there.
  • The barbed wire, forks, bowling balls, teeth, nothing is off limits for these two
  • Cerberus is getting a taste for destroying Warrior Engine alumni and it looks like he's about to do the same to Peak when he gets his chain around his neck
  • But Peak was ready for this, and in an incredible feat of strength (special effects), removes his muzzle and bites through the chain, breaking it.
  • Cerberus is standing there in shock, House of Horrors! 1-2-3 Doug Peak exacts vengeance for Gareth Wayne

Winner - Doug Peak - Grade 42

Acid.jpg.caee3d8d74b14ae212efa08ecef33dbd.jpg vs Stuntman.jpg.7d77328995823a25b9a6f4ccd3b90c86.jpg

• Even through the mask, you can sense the disdain Acid has for Stuntman, and this is shown in his offence
  • Using far more striking than he usually would, Acid punishes the Brit with pinpoint kicks and palm strikes
  • However you can't kick what you can't see, and Stuntman is like grease lightning, rebounding at all angles to attack Acid
  • Yet for all his aerial brilliance, Stuntman is liable to crash and burn, bouncing off the top rope into a Singapore cane shot
  • Acid decides to apply the Acidity Test for an exclamation, and Stuntman taps as a 'we love Acid' chant breaks out

Winner - Acid - Grade 41

Just because the bell's gone, doesn't mean Acid is finished. The veteran refuses to let his hold go, even after his protege has entered the ring.

AcidII.jpg.c4eb97b138c8d4979c8ce68081e754e2.jpg

Leaving just enough time to tease where his allegiances might be, Acid II attacks...

And his mentor is forced to break the hold and exit the ring. The segment ends with both Acids staring each other down and the crowd going ballistic.

Who's the coolest guy in PSW right now?

XaviFerrera_alt2.jpg.100c8ba86fdd1ef66f6f6123405ac055.jpg

It's Xavi Ferrera baby. But the babyface's prematch routine is once again interrupted by the hustler.

CarlBatch.jpg.08d64ca06c26c22650e52b090d5f68f4.jpg

Xavi Ferrera (rolling his eyes): "Who is it this time Batch? Have you got Kurt Laramee down here? I still see food left in the place so it's not King Kong Kennedy. You finally gonna grow a pair and challenge me yourself?"

Carl Batch: "Xavi, my dog, why the anger? I told you all along this was all a test, and you passed G. Good luck in your match tonight and remember, The Hustler's only ever one call away."

image.jpeg.070a3176ca47f4a89a182a836eb33636.jpg.1b8b4dfa1f1bf534f4f311bfa739e7cf.jpg vs DennyKing.jpg.02a865aa03c6c74804bf7313774e9a3e.jpg vs XaviFerrera_alt2.jpg.100c8ba86fdd1ef66f6f6123405ac055.jpg vs XavierReckless.jpg.d30b41e05aa9d53dc122cdf89369551d.jpg

• Madness is one word to describe this, with lariats, backflips, Pele kicks and garbage cans flying everywhere
  • Since his emancipation, Reckless is a man on fire, and takes the fight to Buck
  • But one attack too many backfires, lariat! Reckless is turned inside out
  • Yet just as Buck turns round he's met by a backfist by The King
  • With only Xavi left, King screams at Marina to get the coffee, who gets in position to hurl it at Xavi
  • But Xavi's too fast, and the double shot Americano hits the King square in the face, leaving him screaming on the mat
  • Leaping to the top in one fluid motion, Xavi soars through the air with his High Angle Frog Splash and we're done

Winner - Xavi Ferrera - Grade 49

PSW_National.jpg.6e0b32574c381b2b8359d48093ab13d0.jpg

Jebediah(1).jpg.97197a91b586a4c95003534a9db3e98a.jpg  vs SayeedAli.jpg.aed23cb5a95845cdfc38cd6728b27f29.jpg

• Jebediah comes into this one on a bit of a hotstreak, and is one of the few men on the roster who matches up in size to Ali
  • And the big Amish man starts off well, meeting Ali in the middle of the ring and throwing fists
  • Yet while Jebediah brings fists, Ali brings Timberlands, to-the-face
  • But Jebediah won't quit, and a ring-rattling powerslam brings a close two count
  • Ali knows he needs something drastic to put away the big man, and after a low blow puts him back in control, he places two chairs next to each other but facing in the opposite direction
  • Showing impressive strength, he hoists Jebediah up onto his shoulders and... GBH Driver onto the chairs

1-2-3

Winner - Sayeed Ali - Grade 47

Not usually one to hang around, Sayeed Ali waits for Jebediah to get to his feet, having bad intentions in his mind. But to the surprise of everyone in the arena, Jebediah gets a nod of respect, and Ali leaves.

It's late in the show but we're going backstage again, this time to the locker room of the Assassin of the Square Circle.

image.jpeg.7a48e7e678d7ac706f44f02bdc25a3a0.jpg.2a467baad3f449d94e8361ffbe2a77b2.jpgVenusAngeletti.jpg.805b9163ad237a21b7c6ef2b4dc684f9.jpg

Venus Angeletti: "You've beaten a giant, you've beaten a technical wizard and one of the best wrestlers to ever compete in DAVE, you've beaten a Samoan Savage, yet you still don't believe me do ya?"

Ernest Youngman: "I'm not back there yet. All these guys, they've been slow, too predictable."

Venus: "I knew you'd come up with something like this, so I found one of the pioneers of high-flying wrestling. You're welcome."

"Well howdy, folks."

image.jpeg.703bf19bcd330633a7aedb22f3df1e18.jpeg

image.jpeg.7a48e7e678d7ac706f44f02bdc25a3a0.jpg.2a467baad3f449d94e8361ffbe2a77b2.jpg vs image.jpeg.703bf19bcd330633a7aedb22f3df1e18.jpeg

• Anyone thinking Harry Allen might be past it was soon proved wrong when he backflipped on to his feet to reverse a German suplex then dropkicked Ernest out of the ring
  • The Former Young Gun then lands a beautiful tope suicida, rolling back the years
  • As in previous shows, Ernest finds himself on the back foot and lying on his back after being nailed with a superkick
  • With Allen perched on the top rope ready to attack, Venus screams middle, and Ernest is yet again stirred into action
  • Cutting Allen off on the top rope, Ernest brings him back down with a brutal-looking top rope gutbuster, even the crowd are wincing
  • As Allen struggles for breath, he's hit square in the face with The Hit. Another win for Ernest

Winner - Ernest Youngman - Grade 63

Fulfilling his contractual obligation so he can get paid Logan Wolfsbaine makes his way down to the ring.

image.jpeg.029934ec10e0c8b19e4566ebfa0693c6.jpg.5d124fe4f7404a004015a5c25f3ba0a3.jpg

Logan: "I'll keep this one brief as I'm not being paid by the hour. As you all know, The Big Ass Brawl is only two months away. Seeing as it's one of the biggest paydays of the year, consider this my declaration of entry. However, outlasting and eliminating 29 other men sounds like way too much work for one night, so I'll be entering at 30 when I win the qualifier next month. But that sounds like a lot of work, so I'm not wrestling tonight, later losers."

As Logan is about to leave the ring, music familiar to fans of Dave blares out of the speakers.

image.jpeg.efcd6b73d0799e836befe2083a5457fa.jpg.c4444cc88b373e6bb9dc7b4fd26dfc9d.jpg

Reed: "You're kidding aren't you? You're the next big thing everyone is talking about in Japan? You're lucky your uncle lives out there, or he'd personally be out here to kick your ass."

Logan: "Sorry, I don't know who the hell you are, but if you weren't listening, I'm leaving."

Reed: "I figured as much. Before I left Japan your uncle told me it was James who had all the talent in the family."

Logan: "I sent Diaz home after his match earlier. Ring the bell."

image.jpeg.efcd6b73d0799e836befe2083a5457fa.jpg.c4444cc88b373e6bb9dc7b4fd26dfc9d.jpg  vs image.jpeg.029934ec10e0c8b19e4566ebfa0693c6.jpg.5d124fe4f7404a004015a5c25f3ba0a3.jpg

• Art Reed looks like he's bitten off more than he can chew here, as Logan rushes him at the start of the bell
  • Clubbing blows, exploder, backdrop driver. And this one is not over, Reed manages to cling on
  • After 8 minutes have passed it's clear what Art's strategy is
  • And the longer the match wears on, the more tired Logan gets
  • All the skipping training, half-assing and partying has taken its toll on Logan, and he looks gassed
  • Reed takes advantage of this, sweeping his legs and locking in the Dread Lock
  • Logan barely trains anymore so he's got no idea how to get out of this hold, and taps!

Winner - Art Reed - Grade 58

PSW_Championship.jpg.f60862b81b8eb41e9433042b1ec196d1.jpg

image.jpeg.791f808934214c80e2a231c652d03125.jpg.4daa7e11e6e1f49fa48588e07f538a02.jpg  vs image.jpeg.c64af5b022eb57c585c588614fef4dde.jpg.4000871beaec0313c843b5240fdb3c27.jpg

• There's a real big fight feel as the cage lowers to lock in Ash Campbell and Nelson Callum
  • And the environment clearly favours Ash, who wastes little time in sending Nelson into the cage bars
  • Living up to his promise, Ash rakes Nelson's face along the steel, leaving the champion with a crimson mask
  • And due to the blood loss, he's a sitting duck for an Ash to Ash. 1-2.....
  • Nelson's kicked out. And explodes out of the corner with forearms that put Ash on the backfoot
  • Springboard flying forearm. Nelson's precursor to the finish, and he's calling for the Honey trap, but Tyler's slid something into the ring
  • It's Nemesis' bat, he lovingly customed with nails sticking out of it. Anyway Ash clocks Nelson over the head with it
  • Now Ash is climbing, all the way to the top. With fans cheering in his ears, he gives them the finger, then
  • SHOOTING STAR PRESS OFF THE TOP OF THE CAGE...

• MISSES! Nelson rolled out the way and Ash plummets to the ground
  • With Nelson slowly clambering back to his feet, he's dismayed to see Ash up on his knees: "F*** You" shouts Ash
  • Knowing Ash won't willingly stay down, Nelson locks on the rear naked choke
  • After what seems like an hour, Ash fades, and the referee calls for the bell.

Winner - Nelson Callum - Grade 67

image.jpeg.8f30ca83e600530e6f5a821b15c01886.jpg.f96d2167aa9fa12c8e7606de11d5b018.jpg

Show Grade 64

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AboardTheArk said:

The mark of a good show: I am completely wrong on predictions. 

Really really enjoyed the main event and a couple isolated character moments. Great stuff.

Thanks mate. Shame we're worse than NYCW now 😜

ATA's comments was pretty much exactly what I had in mind. Youngman/Ali/Ferrera/Logan all developing really well.

Loved the opening promo, Ash's stock has managed to at least stay the same if not go up even despite defeat so that's great. Shooting Star Presses of a cage certainly won't reduce the amount of cheers that are building for him. 

1 hour ago, christmas_ape said:

ATA's comments was pretty much exactly what I had in mind. Youngman/Ali/Ferrera/Logan all developing really well.

Loved the opening promo, Ash's stock has managed to at least stay the same if not go up even despite defeat so that's great. Shooting Star Presses of a cage certainly won't reduce the amount of cheers that are building for him. 

Thanks a lot mate, from a writer as accomplished as yourself that means a lot. I had clear ideas for Xavi and Ali at the start but Youngman and Logan have developed as the diary's gone on. Maybe one day Ash will acknowledge the cheers... Unlikely though

We're coming home

Eric Tyler: "How much?!?!?!?!" The Traditionalist Eric Tyler clearly doesn't approve of the PSW Booking Committee's decision to meet at a Brewdog.

Mitch Naess: "Gentlemen, we need to do this more. But the main reason we haven't been is that things are going so well. Match quality is increasing every show, gates are up and if we keep this progress, we'll catch TCW within the timeframe I set."

Alex Braun: "Steady on Mitch. Things are getting better, we can all see that, but TCW is on every week, and they could take our top talent just by clicking their fingers. We need to prepare ourselves, Ernest is wrestling better than 3/4 of the guys on national TV right now and you don't think Nelson has bulked up just for vanity reasons."

Naess: "Well Alex, what's our solution?"

Tyler: "Mine was to put the belt on Ash."

Braun: "Come on Eric. We all agreed Ash's story is nowhere near done. As for the solution, I think we need more shows."

Tyler: "Actually, I agree. Our roster's nearly doubled and guys are spinning their wheels some months. It would mean we can assess and find guys who can eventually step up to the main event."

Naess: "Speaking of, should we lose Nelson and Ernest, who can step up? JD?"

JD Morgan: "So Ash's feud with Nelson has taken him into the main event, even in defeat, Then we have Sayeed and Xavi, who just need that one big win to take them to that level, ability-wise they're both there right now. Speaking of already there, Logan's at Ernest and Nelson's level and could surpass them in the coming years. Then after that Acid II and Austin Smooth are probably the next in-line."

Naess: "The TikTok guy?!?!"

Braun: "Kid's the real deal Mitch."

Tyler: "He's going to need a lot of work for people to take him seriously, but leave that to us."

Naess: "Okay, here's what we'll do. The last On Tour show before Homecoming we'll make standard event length, and turn it into a regular thing. Then after Homecoming, we'll be doing two On Tour shows a month, but I want one of them to actually be on tour, please stop contradicting ourselves."

JD Morgan: "We might need more guys in to deal with the extra workload...."

Naess: "No, no more new wrestlers other than the guys we've planned for. So that's Ash's Homecoming opponent, the tag team, then that's it. I'll sanction more guys coming in when we're using all the talent we have. Until then, deal with short-term contracts if you need someone desperately. 

"Gentlemen, this has been good, let's keep up the momentum to Homecoming. After that, I'm expecting a full breakdown of the roster. Now, let's go somewhere with decent beer."

Predictions

@smw88 6

@MidKnightDreary 5 - so close again

@GreatreDRagon  5

@AboardTheArk 4

@christmas_ape 4

smw88 wins again and was the only person to predict Nelson Callum retaining the belt. Prize is on its way.

Thanks so much for all the comments guys! Hope you're enjoying reading this as much as I am writing it.

• Like 1

This won't be happening for On Tour shows, but seeing as it's the go-home show before Homecoming, let's do some predictions

PSW: The Night Before 

PSW Title - Nelson Callum(c) vs James Diaz

Ernest Youngman vs 'El Jefe' Handsome Stranger

Art Reed & Xavi Ferrera vs Logan Wolfsbaine & Sayeed Ali

Jackpot Jordan vs Mighty Cavanagh

Jake Idol vs Teddy Powell

The Samoan Family (Umaga, Machine & ADB) vs The Dirty White Boys & The Sky Man

Rap Battle - Antix vs Austin Smooth

Acid & Reckless vs Devil May Care

Cowboy Buck Winchester vs Prime Time Jack Pryde

*Plus; Ash Campbell, The King and the debut of A Lover And A Fighter

Most correct predictions from this show and Homecoming wins a prize.

Predictions, feedback, queries, chants and signs are most welcome. Enjoy!

PSW Title - Nelson Callum(c) vs James Diaz

Ernest Youngman vs 'El Jefe' Handsome Stranger

The Samoan Family (Umaga, Machine & ADB) vs The Dirty White Boys & The Sky Man

*Plus; Ash Campbell, The King and the debut of 

Not giving explanations for the On Tour show but it's actually a really fun card that feels a bit special on its own.

PSW Title - Nelson Callum(c) vs James Diaz

Ernest Youngman vs 'El Jefe' Handsome Stranger

The Samoan Family (Umaga, Machine & ADB) vs The Dirty White Boys & The Sky Man

The Samoan Family (Umaga, Machine & ADBvs The Dirty White Boys & The Sky Man

So, we have a problem.

Because I'm an idiot, I forgot to change the length of On Tour, which is still sat at an hour and nowhere near long enough to fit these matches in. Other than canceling the show, which I will do if I have to, is there anything else I can do?

1 hour ago, jcarmjn said:

So, we have a problem.

Because I'm an idiot, I forgot to change the length of On Tour, which is still sat at an hour and nowhere near long enough to fit these matches in. Other than canceling the show, which I will do if I have to, is there anything else I can do?

Is it set as a TV show or lesser event? In which case just run a new event on the same day and treat shorter one as pre show or as main Event depending which you want to score higher. You should be able to edit the time of a show right up to the day of. If this is on the show booking screen I'm not sure you can do anything now. Just kayfabe it and use as a throw away and rebook following week or whenever, we won't know 🙂

1 hour ago, jcarmjn said:

So, we have a problem.

You can go into the settings menu and change user preferences even after you have advanced to the show booking screen. So you can disable booking times and you'll be able to fit all these matches in the show.

• Like 1

It's back to the Church of St Peter and Paul for the PSW faithful. A pleased-looking Sky Man stands at the pulpit, with one Dirty White Boy carrying gold stood either side of him. Addressing the pulpit is a nervous Wicked Lester.

Sky Man: "My child, why so nervous? You did good last time, you showed me you care about this family and not just yourself. So lead the boys tonight against the fallen soldiers, and remember, getting up every day and going through this, again and again, is hard."

The Family (Wicked Lester & The Blood Soldiers) vs The Rogue Squadron

• This is a match-up we've all seen before and hopefully this will be the last time, as they've not been very good
  • The one beacon of light in this series has been The Silencer, who's gone from unknown to putting in some solid midcard performances
  • Wicked Lester was clearly buoyed by the Sky Man's words, and took it upon himself to direct traffic
  • But this led to ZomBoy missing a tope suicida, landing straight on his head
  • The Dogs of War then neutralise Lester, leaving Silencer to drop Deathwish with the Dropzone for the win

Winners - The Rogue Squadron - Grade 28

The King and Marina Del Ray are shown leading their newest client, Vendetta to the ring. The King is wearing sunglasses after having coffee thrown in his face. Marina is wearing concealer but clearly visible is a black eye.

Addressing Marina, The King says: "Count yourself lucky I have all that leftover skin cream, or I'd be bathing you in hot coffee right now. But enough of talking about insignificant people, here's the man of the moment, Vendetta!" *Crickets*

"As The King said to you last week, he has someone extra special for you to meet, so let me introduce you to the best lawyer in Pittsburgh."

image.jpeg.f0c17c25ad13db3bfdd57ac341f420f2.jpeg

PTJP: "Have you been injured? Had an accident at work that wasn't your fault? Then you are due compensation. And the sum could be increbidle. On your behalf, I've already initiated legal proceedings against PSW..."

image.jpeg.2e0ee9681d5d0bc0a5c957a08fdc09e9.jpeg

CBW: "The board of directors strongly denies any liability in Vendetta being a clumsy ass. Also, the board objects to any small claims lawyers stepping foot in PSW. So, are you going to leave or make my day?

• So our first ever battle of two lawmen, only one looks to uphold it while the other wants to manipulate it for financial gains
  • PTJP tries to get Buck to sign a contract admitting liability for any injuries he may suffer and nearly eats a lariat in response
  • This match belongs to the Cowboy, who beats Prime Time from pillar to post
  • He swiftly ends the match with a neckbreaker, sending a message to King and Vendetta

Winner - Cowboy Buck Winchester - Grade 33

The Family (Sky & The Dirty White Boys) vs The Samoans (ADB, Machine & Umaga)

• The introduction of Sky and ADB takes this match up a notch from their previous efforts, adding high-flying into some straight up brawling
  • The Samoans are angry, even more than usual, which means stereo headbutts for The Family
  • Umaga even Rhino Charges Grease Hogg though a ringside barrier, taking them both out of the match
  • But Lead Belly takes Samoan Machine out with a wrench, leaving a two-on-one in the ring
  • ADB is easy prey for the Skye Dive and The Family wins it

Winners - The Family - Grade 46

Both Austin Smooth and Antic enter the ring on opposite sides, ready to drop some bars.

Austin: "Now listen, yo. They call me A Smooth because I'm one of the romantics,

"Unlike that loser Antix,

"A to the S to the M double O,

"Like this rap, give me a follow!" Boooooooooooooooo

Antix: "I said yo. You start rapping, these fans revolt,

"The only over part of your act is Bolt,

"And you ain't even hardcore,

"Unlike yo mama, she's a w****" oooooooooooohhhhh

"Enough this battle, ain't no time for geeks,

"See yo bitch ass in two weeks." The crowd seems to think Antix won this one.

Jackpot Jordan vs The Mighty Cavanagh

• Jordan spends hours upon hours at the gym but he's not even close physically to Cavanagh who launches him across the ring with a biel
  • Still furious about being spat in the face, Cavanagh unleashes several corner slaps on Jordan, threatening to cave his chest in
  • But Jackpot has some success after aiming a superkick at Cavanagh's knee, then following up for a swinging neck breaker for a near fall
  • He then goes to the top rope and is caught, with Cavanagh showing tremendous strength
  • Sit-out spinebuster! 1-2-3

Winner - Mighty Cavanagh - Grade 45

• Taking place immediately after is a match between the other member of Rich & Famous and Man Feelings
  • And this one is fought at a completely different pace, with Powell desperate for the pin over Rich & Famous which has alluded him for months
  • This sees him go time-and-time again for the Motion Censor
  • After the first two attempts, Jake Idol gets wise to it, catching his leg and hitting a low blow
  • A Reality Check from Idol and this one's over. Powell's RIch & Famous curse continues

Winner - Jake Idol - Grade 46

Idol wastes no time getting on the mic after his win.

Idol: "Hey you two, geriatric and the Hulk, you wanna get your hands on us so bad, and who could blame you, then let's do it at Homecoming."

Cavanagh and Powell both nod in agreement and we've got a match.

Incredibly, the guy who's marched to the ring, Nelson Callum, doesn't yet have a match booked for our biggest event of the year.

Callum: "Pittsburgh Peeps, show me some love." The crowd roars

"Now, I'm thinking the same thing you guys are. Not you honey, you've got a filty mind. Who the hell is left for me to wrestle for this belt?" Pointing to his PSW Championship.

"Steel Circle? Done. DAVE legend Acid? Done. Ashley Campbell? Completed it mate. But there's one guy who got a jump on me, don't think I've forgotten about you James Diaz. Now I said the same thing to your cousin a few months ago, and the same applies to you, are you ready to move out of your boss' shadow? If so, I'll see you in the ring tonight, I'll even put this belt on the line."

It's a busy day backstage, and we're now going to catch-up with Venus Angeletti and Ernest Youngman.

Venus: "Are you feeling it now? You're having the best matches on the whole indie scene and you're winning, come on."

Ernest: "A bit."

Venus: "Well, that's the best I'm going to get right now isn't it. But look, tonight, you're on your own. This is your last test, I've found the biggest cheater out there. The sneakiest, sleaziest low-life out there and you've got to be him on your own. Then you'll be ready."

Ernest: "Ready for what?"

Venus: "I'll tell you later."

image.jpeg.140fb373059eabfa2fc208bf8f6c0bd4.jpeg

Handsome Stranger: "Hey chica, after the match how about El Jefe shows you how he's not just big in Puerto Rico."

Venus: "You're old enough to be my father."

• Xavi Ferrera starts this one hot, pleased to be away from Carl Batch's attentions. His unorthodox style seems to bamboozle Ali
  • But Logan's not having any of it, throwing Xavi around the ring with suplexes before inviting Reed into the match
  • And the Reed defeat seems to have lit a fire under Logan, who then does the same to the veteran
  • The only blip for his team is when Sayeed tags himself in, which causes a tense stand-off between the paur
  • However, this doesn't derail the heels, as Logan pins Xavi with a bellly-to-belly

WInners - Logan Wolfsbaine & Sayeed Ali - Grade 48

Just as Logan heads past the curtain and into the back, he's accosted by his cousin, James Diaz.

Diaz: "Where've you been man? It was Courtney's party last weekend and you didn't even call back."

Logan: "I was training."

Diaz: "Training?!?!?"

Logan: "Yeah, since you haven't got my back anymore I figured I better come up with a new gameplan."

Diaz: "Come on cuz, you sent me home last time. Are you backing me up when I face that geek Callum later?"

Logan chuckes: "You're on your own."

• The scars of the beating the original Acid dished out on Stuntman are laid bare here, with the Brit scared to face the masked man in the ring
  • When they do face off, Acid takes over and looks to have the match in control
  • But his protege tags in, which forces Acid to tag out to Reckless
  • As we've seen many times in the tag ranks, Acid II has Reckless' number and floors him with a Crescent Kick
  • Stuntman then scales the top rope and hits one of the most impressive moves in the company, the 720 splash
  • Acid II makes the pin, with his mentor nowhere to be seen

Winners - Devil May Care - Rating 50

Arriving later than usual, Ash Campbell enters the ring with his bloody steel chair and Eric Tyler by his side. The reaction is a mixture of boos, cheers and mockery at him having lost to Nelson Callum.

Ash: "I lost, yeah hilarious. You people want to know the reason I lost? Who's fault it is? Look in the damn mirror. I lost because like my father, I wanted to play up to you idiots and jump off a cage. Trying to please you people is not a mistake I will be making again. Oh and Nelson, I promise you this, I will kick your ass very, very soon my Philly Blonde friend. But to now. Homecoming's on the horizon, and like you losers, I don't have a date. So I'm sending a call out to all of the old hardcore fossils still trying to make a buck off my dad's legacy. Johnny Martin, I've seen you in the back, why don't you come on down? What about you over there on commentary, Ace Freeze? You couldn't make it in the big leagues so you had to beg off my father to save your career. No? Hardly suprising is it, whether it's Henry Lee, Brian Holmes, Chris Caulfield...

image.jpeg.5065579b00f897e667726bc7d223776e.jpeg

The Hardcore American rushes to the ring as fast as his battered body will carry him. Him and Ash then trade blows until an army of security guards manage to get in between them.

PSW Title - James Diaz vs Nelson Callum(c)

• Diaz represents a different challenge for the champ, as for the first time he's in the ring with someone, bigger, stronger and younger than him
  • And early on this shows, as Diaz drops him with shoulder tackles and brutal looking forearms
  • A Yakuza Kick even gains a long two count, but this seems to switch Nelson into gear
  • The champ uses all his experience to lure Diaz into bait-and-switch situations, nailing an impressive springboard forearm
  • With Diaz dazed at being floored, Nelson takes advantage and hits the Honey Trap for three, but an impressive showing from the rookie

Winner - Nelson Callum - Grade 61😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲

Ernest Youngman vs Handsome Stranger

• Youngman circles El Jefe, who promptly pokes him in the eye, and this sets the tone for the match
  • Whenever Youngman looks to gain control, Stranger cuts him off by resorting to dirty tactics
  • But unlike before, Ernest keeps his calm, and waits for his opportunity, catching Stranger's arm to avoid a low blow
  • 1-2-3-4-5 Germans in a row leave El Jefe on dream street
  • As he rises to his knees, he begs Youngman not to go for The Hit directly to his face
  • And Youngman obliges, bouncing off the ropes twice and striking him in the back of the head with The Hit
  • Stranger's mind is back in the Starfish costume, 1-2-3

Winner - Ernest Youngman - Grade 66

As Ernest gets to his feet, Venus enters the ring with a mic: "Nelson Callum, could you come down the ring please?"

The champ arrives with a cocky swagger: "What is it Venus? You finally want to live up to your moniker as the manager of champions and start managing me? I won't share you with Ernest."

Venus: "You've always thought you're so clever, but you miss out on the details. Like when you made that agreement in February, no member of the Steel Circle can challenge you for the title. Well, I don't see the Steel Circle anywhere, and you didn't specify about members. So how about it Nels, Homecoming, you versus Ernest, the guy whose been outperforming you since he got here."

Callum: "I may think I'm clever, but you and your man there, you think you're sooooo good at wrestling. But you haven't been watching. I've dragged rookies, has-beens and never will-bes to the matches of their lives. Imagine, just imagine, what I can do when I don't have to do that. I've already taken your dignity Ern, this time I'm taking your soul. Challenge accepted.

The show ends with our competitors for the Homecoming main event staring each other down.

*Thanks for baring with me everyone, been really busy with a new contract and had some technical issues to sort.

Edited by jcarmjn
  • Like 4

Ernest v Nelson always seemed like the big upcoming match and looking forward to see what will happen. It's definitely a rivalry I can see carrying a promotion forward. Lots of good stuff in the undercard like always, Caulfield is likely a perfect opponent for Ash to bounce back from his defeat although I can only imagine how angry Chris will be in game if you try put Ash over him. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, christmas_ape said:

Ernest v Nelson always seemed like the big upcoming match and looking forward to see what will happen. It's definitely a rivalry I can see carrying a promotion forward. Lots of good stuff in the undercard like always, Caulfield is likely a perfect opponent for Ash to bounce back from his defeat although I can only imagine how angry Chris will be in game if you try put Ash over him. 

Thanks mate, I did have Ash in the main event at one point but I think I'll only get one chance to do Nelson vs Youngman at Homecoming before they both move on to bigger things, no offers for either of them yet though.

To quote Chris Caulfield: "I'd be furious with that decision."

Hopefully I didn't ruin El Jefe...