Can stat decline caused by addiction be undone?

Can I save Brian Pillman? 

So I started as Bruce Hart (Curse you OSW for making me love this man) in Jan 92 reopening Stampede and we have had an incredible couple of years and are starting to steal some talent from the bigger guys, broke the bank slightly for Pillman because narratively it felt right and I really wanted to change how things went, for the better.

So in the 6 months he's been here Pillman has just been beyond all my expectations, hot move, hot catchphrase, everything he's in is utter gold. I was struggling a little to get anyone to break that 70 pop barrier, Pillman has hit 80 in some areas without it feeling like I'm giving him the mega push. He's raised pretty much everyone he works with in pop, it just clings to the man. Drops the tag belts after 6 months to lower guys no problem, making them into stars, didn't even dent him. 

The plan was to then put my main title on him and let him go to the moon. BUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT...... I decided to just dig a little into him and see physically hes declining badly at 32. Stamina is the worst one, its dropping every month. So I tested the entire roster, I think we had like 15 out of 40 fail it. I sent everyone to rehab. I think he's out for 6 months and is now a former pain killer abuser but I think there's still drinker/smoker on there.

So the question is what do I do with him? Do I keep testing him until he gets clean? If he's what say 33 and clean, could things like Stamina improve or is it going to be too late for him at that point and I should just ride the rocket till it runs outta gas? 

14 minutes ago, JackH2020 said:

If he's what say 33 and clean, could things like Stamina improve or is it going to be too late for him at that point and I should just ride the rocket till it runs outta gas? 

Once a worker no longer has the negative attribute then the related stats would stop declining, so it could potentially go back up (provided there is no other reason to prevent gains). Pillman would be very unlikely to have started his natural physical decline at only 33, so if you get him clean he should have at least a few years of improvements to offset the damage.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

Once a worker no longer has the negative attribute then the related stats would stop declining, so it could potentially go back up (provided there is no other reason to prevent gains). Pillman would be very unlikely to have started his natural physical decline at only 33, so if you get him clean he should have at least a few years of improvements to offset the damage.

Cheers Adam, so you're telling me there's a chance.....

Seriously though that's all I wanted to hear, that mechanically its feasible without knowing too much. Having an absolute blast with this save BTW most fun I've had in a GDS game. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...