WCW - Saving The Legacy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Stennick said:

I'm glad to see this back Togg. I really love your layout style its so unique compared to everyone else. 

Unique is a good thing... right? 😆 (Thank you)
Glad to have it back. It's hard writing a diary and not booking all your ideas at once! I've got planty of them in reserve 😀

I read through this whole thread over the last week and it's great. I love how grounded it feels: staying true to the roster of the time and gradually reintegrating bigger names like Kevin Nash and Goldberg rather than going big-name crazy or giving instant mega pushes to stars who emerged later in the decade. The first significant WWE pickup was an interesting one too rather than an obvious choice.

I was caught off-guard by so much at the last PPV. I thought Sting would retain easily, I didn't see Mysterio losing, I thought it might be Jindrak's time and I didn't see Steiner surviving five men with no allies in the match, and yet everything made total sense in the end, with the Kanyon-Awesome blindside perhaps my favourite of the twists.

It feels like almost everyone on the roster has something going on, helped by having the overarching storyline, and it feels like you have so many people who can slot into the occasional main event when needed and seem credible like Dustin Rhodes has recently. Excited to see how the rest of the year unfolds.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 9:24 PM, 619 said:

I read through this whole thread over the last week and it's great. I love how grounded it feels: staying true to the roster of the time and gradually reintegrating bigger names like Kevin Nash and Goldberg rather than going big-name crazy or giving instant mega pushes to stars who emerged later in the decade. The first significant WWE pickup was an interesting one too rather than an obvious choice.

I was caught off-guard by so much at the last PPV. I thought Sting would retain easily, I didn't see Mysterio losing, I thought it might be Jindrak's time and I didn't see Steiner surviving five men with no allies in the match, and yet everything made total sense in the end, with the Kanyon-Awesome blindside perhaps my favourite of the twists.

It feels like almost everyone on the roster has something going on, helped by having the overarching storyline, and it feels like you have so many people who can slot into the occasional main event when needed and seem credible like Dustin Rhodes has recently. Excited to see how the rest of the year unfolds.

Wow thank you for all the kinds words! Also sorry for any typo's in the diary 😀.

Its great to see someone 100% got my direction of booking WCW, from not rushing the roster with big name returns to signing "WWF" stars that would have been unrealistic. Thank You!

WCW New Blood Rising is sort of what i would call the "Direction setting" PPV. I much prefer a curveball now and then, compared to predictable outcomes 🫢. The Main Event with Steiner was one of those main events where there is no way he walks out champion, too much is against him. The Elite Era however are proving too powerful 😁. Its my vision of what the Main Event Mafia should have been 🧐.

Hopefully my plan to cycle the roster will keep it from getting stale on the road to Starrcade. Now to book Dustins return as Seven🤣

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I definitely get that philosophy of not rushing big-name returns or unrealistic signings. And it makes a nice narrative as it's almost the opposite of the approach that almost destroyed the legacy before you took over to save it.

Another good show. It's such a fun idea to have Jarrett and Chyner as allies, there's some nice momentum building for Kanyon and you've got me intrigued as to Stasiak's direction: whether he's transitioning to his Invasion full-on laughing stock character or if he can get back on track.

• Like 1

Intrigued to find out what Elite Era have cooking for War Games, what with Jarrett saying we won't see it coming and Steiner referencing an ace up their sleeve.

Forget Austin v Goldberg or Undertaker v Sting, Flair v Chyner is what doing a dynasty in this era is all about. Not exactly a dream match only because it's a pairing that not many people would've even contemplated, and therefore so unique that it feels like a significant attraction.