21CW Presents:

21CW Alt Logo.jpg 21CW United.jpg

Episode 18

Wednesday, Week 1, June, 2020

Des Greeves.jpgMartin Bloydell.jpgJeff Nova.jpg

Calling the action: Des Greeves, Martin Bloydell and Jeff Nova

Overall Rating: 70

image.jpeg

We opened with clips of the attack on Adam Matravers last week, in which Aldous Blackfriar saved the veteran from the brutal assault by Grave Digger and his THREE big, powerful, heavies… One of which, it is believed, is fellow HellBound stablemate Blackheart… Online, the group have been known as ‘The Black Hats’ due to their headwear… As the show came back live, The Black Hats followed Grave Digger to the ring for the opening contest… A match we never thought we’d see, between Grave Digger and one half of the 21CW United Tag Team Champions: UK Dragon…!!

image.jpeg21CW U vs.jpgGrave Digger 2.jpg w/ Compton 3.jpgBlackheart 3.jpgLangton 3.jpg

UK Dragon [vs] Grave Digger w/ The Black Hats

Great opener, but it was pretty one sided. Grave Digger is too big and too powerful for most men – but he is double the weight of UK Dragon and much, much taller. He hit his ‘R.I.P’ Piledrive to end it, before telling The Black Hats to do their thing!!

image.jpeg Grave Digger 2.jpgCompton 3.jpgBlackheart 3.jpgLangton 3.jpg

The Black Hats stomped on UK Dragon, while Grave Digger regained his composure… but the 3 on 1 beatdown didn’t last long… Dragon’s fellow Tag Team Champion Clifford Wilson sprinted out to make the save…

image.jpeg

Alone, Wilson was no match for Grave Digger’s crew… but he soon got some help, in the form of Aldous Blackfriar… whose music elicited a huge reaction from the crowd…!!

image.jpeg

Grave Digger told his group to leave, as the numbers looked a little more in the babyfaces’ favour now…

Des Greaves: “Grave Digger’s group are outta here…!!”

Martin Bloydell: “They could have done more damage, but they chose not to… strange…”

Jeff Nova: “Aii… Bo’ with Jonathan Faus’ comin’ back NEX’ WEEK… whose side will he be on…!? If he joined Aldous, it’d be Toooop Noootch!!”

image.jpeg

Sebastian Koller 2.jpg21CW U vs.jpgPhillip Cooper.jpg

‘The Rock ‘N’ Roller’ Sebastian Koller [vs] Phillip ‘Cooper Man’ Cooper

Great battle here, that could have gone either way. Both could be future challengers for Edward Cornell’s 21CW World Title, but it was Cooper who stole the win tonight. He hit his ‘Cooper Fly Splash’ (Frog Splash) after first knocking Koller off the top by pushing the referee into the ropes!

image.jpeg

Backstage, ‘The Unsung Hero’ Chuck Frisby was stood with his muscle, ‘The Icelandic Body’ Gulliver…

Chuck Frisby.jpgGulliver.jpg

Chuck Frisby: “Once again, your ‘Unsung Hero’ Chuck Frisby is giving opportunities to lower… lesser… talents… Last week, I debuted the ‘Chance Against Chuck’ initiative, where I took on some unemployed schmuck and gave him the ULTIMATE opportunity on 21CW television…”

Frisby beat Puffy The Sand Iron Player, a local, independent, hardcore legend… who he's known for a long time... and cheated to beat him…

Chuck Frisby: “The segment was such a HUGE success, they want me to do it again next week… So… lazy bums… I’ll see one of you in the ring in seven days…!!”

image.jpeg

Elsewhere in the back, BW Eddie walked up to Antithesis, who was bizarrely cuddling his Fire Extinguisher…

Antithises.jpg BW Eddie.jpg

BW Eddie: “I know you miss your (21CW UK) Title… I can help you get it back… NO ONE, knows (current Champion) Viktor Beskov better than me…”

Antithesis: “What… About… Yuri Iliakov…?!”

BW Eddie: “Well… Yeah… Okay… Apart from Yuri… NO ONE, knows Beskov better than me…”

Antithesis: “How about his Mum…?!”

BW Eddie: “Right… right… Okay… Apart from his Mum… NOBODY… knows Beskov better than me…!!”

This went on for around another minute… until Eddie said that he knew how ‘The Anarchist’ could get to the current Champ… The big ‘Russian Bear’ is apparently known for falling asleep when getting hair cuts and beard trims backstage… Eddie said that this would be the PERFECT time for someone to get one over on him…!!

image.jpeg

image.jpegYuri Iliakov.jpg21CW U vs.jpgAssassin.jpgVinny Vigilante.jpg

The Red Devils (Beskov and Iliakov) [vs] Assassin and Vinny Vigilante

Speaking of Beskov and Iliakov, this was only the 7th time that The Red Devils have teamed up in 2020, but it was great to see them throwing Vinny Vigilante around. Once they were done with him, they allowed Assassin to tag in for a bit more of a challenge. Assassin and Beskov had a great fight, but in the end, Iliakov hit some big suplexes, and then won it with a ‘Kiev Krush’ Bear Hug.

image.jpeg

In the back, Kenobi High were, well… on a high… after becoming Number One Contenders for the 21CW United Tag Team Titles…

Christopher Lister 5.jpgJase Cole 4.jpg

Christopher Lister: “We did it…!! We’ve got a Title shot…!!”

Jase Cole: “One final mission… The unenviable task of fighting Clifford Wilson and UK Dragon…”

The two legendary sets of competitors will battle at 21CW FIGHT NIGHT at the end of June… But Kenobi High were interrupted mid-flow here… by NEW arrivals on United…

Emmett Askey.jpgMark Misery.jpgSmiling John Smithie.jpg

Askey, Misery and Smithie were dismissive of Lister and Cole… and called the whole thing (including their United arrival) ‘boring’… Kenobi High said they’d welcome the straight-talking newcomers in the ring next week…!!

image.jpeg

Boulder and Flynn headed to the ring next, and explained that they were giving BW Eddie one more try tonight… WIN… and his debt with them is wiped…

Beau Boulder 2.jpg w/ Darin Flynn 2.jpg21CW U vs.jpgBW Eddie.jpg

Beau Boulder w/ Darin Flynn [vs] BW Eddie

Another solid match here, and another win for the Boulder and Flynn Detective Agency. Boulder’s ‘Swandive Headbutt’ from the top rope is a site to behold, and he hit it perfectly to win this one.

Darin Flynn slid into the ring, and raised Beau Boulder’s hand… as they stood over BW Eddie… But they did not see Antithesis arrive in the squared circle behind them…!!

Beau Boulder 2.jpgDarin Flynn 2.jpg BW Eddie.jpg image.jpeg

‘The Anarchist’ had his Fire Extinguisher with him, and he slammed it into the back of Flynn’s head… knocking him to the floor… Boulder turned around to try to fight Antithesis, but he SPRAYED the fire extinguisher in Boulder’s face…!! Before dropping him with a double-arm DDT… He then picked BW Eddie up, and seemed to thank him for the advice earlier in the show…

image.jpeg

Backstage, The Bern Boys (Fabian Schwarz and Hans Piccard) were stood with their manager The Professor…

Fabian Schwarz.jpgHans Piccard.jpgThe Professor.jpg

Fabian Schwarz: “Las’ week… Vee vere beaten by pure… blind… LUCK…!!”

Hans Piccard: “Nex’ week… vee are in action again… and vee… vill… VIN…!!”

image.jpeg

Joey Beauchamp.jpg21CW U vs.jpgJ-B Cash.jpg

‘The Breeze’ Joey Beauchamp [vs] J-B Cash

It was great to see these two veterans do battle, with 45+ years combined experience. Both men are one or two wins away from the very top of the card, but Beauchamp being fairly new to the 21CW scene needed it more. He was able to lock in his ‘Breeze Block’ (double arm lock, with headbutts) until Cash gave up!

image.jpeg

Main Event time next, and it was supposed to be Apollo Prince versus Edward Cornell 1 on 1 for the 21CW World Championship… But when Cornell made his entrance, he was accompanied by his entire House Of Business stable… and his four accomplices intimidated the young challenger while the announcer did his introductions in the ring…

Apollo Prince.jpg image.jpegMark Adonis Suit.jpgLuke Cool Suit.jpgRolling Johnny Stones Suit.jpgDoomsday Suit.jpg

But before things got too much for Prince, he got some help… A lot of help…

Leo Price.jpg Roly Muckletruck.jpgBeast Bantom 2.jpg Lance Martin.jpgKelly Martin.jpg

Leo Price lead Roly Muckletruck, Beast Bantom, Lance and Kelly Martin to the ring… and they pointed at Mark Adonis, Doomsday, Luke Cool and Rolling Johnny Stones… There wasn’t a 4 on 4 fight, because Adonis chose to take his group away through the crowd… Price and co. gave chase… and the House of Business was ran off…!! Edward Cornell didn’t know what to do…!!

image.jpeg

Apollo Prince.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Apollo Prince [vs] ‘All Business’ Edward Cornell (c)

Main Event time now, and a match for Edward Cornell’s 21CW World Championship. Apollo Prince was aiming to become the youngest ever 21CW World Champion, while the leader of the House of Business – Edward Cornell, was looking to extend his TEN MONTH run, in his third reign. Chasing down the thirteen monther he had in his second reign. Prince started brightly, but Cornell slid out of the ring to regroup a number of times. Normally, he’d rely on Doomsday, or his larger group of friends for advice and often cheating measures. But tonight, he had no one. Still, his regular breaks frustrated the young challenger, and it allowed Cornell to use all of his experience to gain an unfair advantage. However, there was something about Prince tonight. He didn’t stay down long, and even kicked out of the ‘Black Lightning Bomb’ (Blue Thunder Bomb) which has put down many a challenger. Cornell beat Adam Matravers twice and Dark Angel to win World Championships with that very move, but Prince shot a shoulder up, and the crowd loved it. Soon afterwards, a SHOCKING return to 21CW, five years since he left for America...

JOSS THOMPSON walked out onto the stage, to his old, familiar entrance music!!

image.jpeg

Edward Cornell looked like he’d seen a ghost! Joss Thompson is also a three-time World Champion in 21CW, and has gone on to win the World Title in USPW since leaving the company. More importantly than that – Cornell and Thompson have been tag team partners in the past, and Cornell screwed him in his final 21CW match! Cornell kept mouthing “you can’t be here” over and over again, until Prince got up behind him and dropped him with a ‘Sling Blade’. Joss Thompson’s mere presence was enough for Cornell to not hit a single bit of offence again, and Prince would go on to hit ‘Apollogy’ (Inverted Bulldog) to become the NEW 21CW World Champion to the shock of everyone in the building!!

NEW CHAMPION…!!

image.jpeg Joss Thompson.jpg Edward Cornell 2.png

A wild end to the episode of United, and we have a new 21CW World Champion!! Joss Thompson has returned to the company… Edward Cornell’s ten month stranglehold over the company is over… The new-look House of Business have a bunch of enemies… And we’re just two nights away from the Kingdom Pay-Per-View: WAR DRUMS…!!

image.jpeg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, GreatreDRagon said:

I love a surprise TV world title change 🔥🔥🔥

Me too brother :D

In truth, I'd have probably kept the Title on Cornell longer... but he picked up an injury, which he could 'work through'... I have this rule, that if someone picks up an injury, even if they can work through it, I will write them off TV... or take a Title from them... Because the game doesn't give lots of injuries and throw up curve balls like that... unless you turn the injury settings to high or extreme, but then it seems too high to me.

Prince is someone I have high hopes for. I'd like to think this diary continues for years - and if it does, I have a great story arc for him in mind :D 

Predictions for 21CW Kingdom Presents: WAR DRUMS, 2020

Number One Contendership Match:
‘Rough Justice’ Tommy Cornell [vs] Loxley Robbins w/ The Ozzie Invasion

21CW National Title Match:
‘D-B-F’ Daniel Black Francis (c) [vs] ‘The Neanderthal’ Andrew Lee [vs] ‘Beautiful’ Blake Belushi

Buck Winchester & Alfonso D’Angelo [vs] Dangermouth & Grandmaster Phunk w/ DJ Reason

Match V in the Best of VII Series:
‘The Most Dangerous Man in Britain’ BEDLAM [1] [vs] War Machine w/ Cliff King [3]

21CW Kingdom Tag Team Title Match:
Landon Mallory & Leigh Burton [vs] The Brat Pack (c)

21CW World Heavyweight Title Match:
‘The Barcelona Bull’ Buff Martinez (c) w/ Kathleen Lee [vs] ‘Awesome’ Wade Orson

Bonus Questions:

Which Match will be the Match of the Night?: ____________________

How many Title changes will happen? Out of a possible three: ____________________

Will Alfonso D’Angelo join The Booth?: ____________________

What will the Overall Rating of the show be?: (within five gets 1 point, bang on gets 2 points)____________________

Cornell

I'm far more interested in Cornell going for the belt than Loxley

DBF

This is actually a far more interesting match up in my opinion. Belushi is a good option, as is Lee. I personally feel Lee is destined for more than the National title. Belushi.... ehhh. So I'll keep the belt on the champ

Winchester and D'Angelo

Honestly a coin flip

War Machine

Another coin flip

The Brat Pack

Mallory and Burton shouldn't be a tag team going forward

Martinez

I'm not a huge Orson fan in this project. There are more interesting guys on the roster (Andrew Lee, Tommy Cornell, Loxley Robbins) who I'd prefer to take the belt off of Martinez. I'd question how you think Buff's reign has gone on Kingdom? For me, I find the United brand to be dominating the "war" between the two. 

MOTN will be Cornell/Robbins

0 title changes

D'Angelo will not join

Show rating 72

Edited by DAVEFAN95

Number One Contendership Match:

‘D-B-F’ Daniel Black Francis (c) [vs] ‘The Neanderthal’ Andrew Lee [vs] ‘Beautiful’ Blake Belushi

Buck Winchester & Alfonso D’Angelo [vs] Dangermouth & Grandmaster Phunk w/ DJ Reason

‘The Most Dangerous Man in Britain’ BEDLAM [1] [vs] War Machine w/ Cliff King [3]

The Barcelona Bull’ Buff Martinez (c) w/ Kathleen Lee [vs] ‘Awesome’ Wade Orson

Bonus Questions:

Which Match will be the Match of the Night?: Main Event

How many Title changes will happen? Out of a possible three: 1

Will Alfonso D’Angelo join The Booth?: Yes

What will the Overall Rating of the show be?: (within five gets 1 point, bang on gets 2 points) 85

‘Rough Justice’ Tommy Cornell 

‘D-B-F’ Daniel Black Francis (c)

Buck Winchester & Alfonso D’Angelo 

War Machine w/ Cliff King [3]

The Brat Pack (c)

‘The Barcelona Bull’ Buff Martinez (c)

Which Match will be the Match of the Night?: _______tommy_____________

How many Title changes will happen? Out of a possible three: __________1__________

Will Alfonso D’Angelo join The Booth?: __________no__________

What will the Overall Rating of the show be?: (within five gets 1 point, bang on gets 2 points)_________85___________

11 hours ago, The Lloyd said:

Me too brother :D

In truth, I'd have probably kept the Title on Cornell longer... but he picked up an injury, which he could 'work through'... I have this rule, that if someone picks up an injury, even if they can work through it, I will write them off TV... or take a Title from them... Because the game doesn't give lots of injuries and throw up curve balls like that... unless you turn the injury settings to high or extreme, but then it seems too high to me.

Prince is someone I have high hopes for. I'd like to think this diary continues for years - and if it does, I have a great story arc for him in mind :D 

Shame about Edward Cornell picking up an injury, but it's a huge opportunity for Apollo Prince to step up. Interested to see how he goes as the main man.

Predictions for 21CW Kingdom Presents: WAR DRUMS, 2020

Particularly with the injury to Eddie you need your big performers at the top of the card, and they don't come any bigger than Tommy Cornell!

‘D-B-F’ Daniel Black Francis (c) [vs] ‘The Neanderthal’ Andrew Lee [vs] ‘Beautiful’ Blake Belushi

You do love your Ozzies

I'm going for a D'Angelo betrayal here

You could close this off early and give War Machine a huge push, but I'm not sure where Bedlam would go from a 4-1 loss

There's already tension between Mallory & Burton, and a loss could start a fun feud between the two

‘The Barcelona Bull’ Buff Martinez (c) w/ Kathleen Lee [vs] ‘Awesome’ Wade Orson

I can't see you going for two World title changes in a matter of days

Bonus Questions:

Which Match will be the Match of the Night?: Main Event

How many Title changes will happen? Out of a possible three: 1

Will Alfonso D’Angelo join The Booth?: Yes

What will the Overall Rating of the show be?: (within five gets 1 point, bang on gets 2 points) 79

Bonus Questions:

Which Match will be the Match of the Night?: Buff Martinez vs Wade Orson

How many Title changes will happen? Out of a possible three: 1

Will Alfonso D’Angelo join The Booth?: No

What will the Overall Rating of the show be?: (within five gets 1 point, bang on gets 2 points) 83

image.jpeg

Steve Smith.jpgDane Rawley.jpg

Calling the action: Steve Smith and Dane Rowley

Overall Rating: 81 (Highest Rated show of 2020)

image.jpeg

The 21CW Kingdom branded Pay-Per-View: War Drums opened with a special performance from the Thames Valley Percussion Orchestra, which got the crowd hyped for the night of WARS to come… Buff Martinez puts his 21CW World Heavyweight Title on the line against Wade Orson… plus Landon Mallory and Leigh Burton, a tag team thrown together at random, will challenge for the 21CW Kingdom Tag Team Titles against The Brat Pack…!! But up first… in his first match for over two months, Loxley Robbins will step into the ring with ‘Rough Justice’ Tommy Cornell…!!

image.jpeg

This match didn’t really live up to people’s expectations unfortunately – due in part to the lack of chemistry between Cornell and Robbins. It was a sloppy affair, with both men missing key opportunities to capitalise on a ‘moment’, and Loxley completely mis-timing a super kick. The franticness of the action made it very watchable though, because the viewer never knew what was going to happen next. For the finish, Loxley looked for a short-arm clothesline, but Cornell ducked it and kept hold of the Australian’s hand. He pulled him in tight, and dropped him with the ‘Guilt Trip’ Russian Leg Sweep to win it!

After the match, Loxley slumped into the corner and Tommy Cornell stood over him… but before he could either mock him, or show his respect, we got a surprise arrival from the crowd… Loxley’s fellow Australian Vicki Company…!!

Tommy Cornell.jpg Loxley Robbins UP TO and including War Drums.jpg Vicki Company.jpg

Company slid into the ring and ran right past Cornell… into the waiting arms of Loxley Robbins… She hugged, kissed and caressed her man… and the crowd were shocked… The announce team commented that we hadn’t seen Company in months either… since her split with Mark Misery – which has resulted in Misery, Smiling John Smithie and Emmett Askey moving over to United… Cornell left, and Loxley and Company soon followed… As they made it to the top of the ramp, Loxley’s stablemate ‘Beautiful’ Blake Belushi remained in the ring for his scheduled match…

image.jpeg

Belushi practically ignored Loxley and Company… as he hopped around and warmed up... focused and ready to challenge for the 21CW National Title… While we got ready for the National Title Match - Gorilla Lee and JK Lee of The Lee FamiLee were shown in the crowd… and introduced the hotly anticipated arrival of their Cousin… known as ‘Cousin Konrad’…!!

Gorilla Lee.jpgJK Lee.jpg Konrad Makinen 2.jpg

Andrew Lee’s entrance soon followed… as did National Champion Daniel Black Francis… and the next match was underway…

image.jpeg

The second best match of the night was an exciting one, involving three of Kingdom’s rising stars. All three have the potential to kick on to the Main Event, but a strong National Title reign would help no end. ‘D-B-F’ is the current Champ, and he came out to defend it like he always does – with vigour and enthusiasm. Andrew Lee and Blake Belushi were still feeling the affects of their double-knock-out in the Number One Contendership Match on Kingdom. They were both cleared to compete, but they both seemed like they had cobwebs to shake off. Belushi got some help late on, as The Brat Pack made their way to ringside. There are no rules in a Triple Threat Match, so the referee could do nothing about their presence. Thurston Darcy III got too close to Cousin Konrad, and had his back to the Swedish grappler. Konrad hopped the guard rail, and locked in his ‘Swedish Grapevine’ (Kirifuda Clutch), and wrapped all of his limbs around the young Australian! Artemis Eyre-Rochester came round to help his teammate, but JK Lee and Gorilla Lee stood between them. Artemis had to back down, and Konrad left the hold in. But in the ring, the important action was going down. Daniel Black Francis knocked Andrew Lee down with a Super Kick, but was distracted by the commotion outside, and Blake Belushi shoved him out through the ropes. Belushi then hit his ‘Axe Kick’ on Lee, and pinned him to WIN the Title!

image.jpeg

Backstage, Ricky Storm and Sifu walked up to Landon Mallory – who was watching the action in the previous match…

Ricky Storm.jpgSifu 2.jpg Landon Mallory.jpg

Storm and Sifu said that Thurston Darcy III will be lucky to make it to their Title defence against Mallory and his partner Leigh Burton… after being locked in the ‘Swedish Grapevine’ by newcomer Cousin Konrad…

Ricky Storm: “But I gotta tell ya man… something you already know… you CAN’T trust Burton… He is bad news… You’ve got a huge advantage tonight, with Thurston hurt… Artemis’s face hurt… but if you guys win, Burton will screw you somehow… and your reign will be…”

Sifu: “OVERRRRRR…!!”

Ricky Storm: “Before it begins…”

Mallory thanked the pair, and said he understands their feelings towards Burton… He suggested that Storm and Sifu’s vision was blurred by their hatred of Burton, and that he’ll take ‘The British Lion’ at face value…

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Interesting match here, featuring two young future stars of the company in Alfonso D’Angelo and Dangermouth. They were both backed up by Americans, in the form of ‘Cowboy’ Buck Winchester and the veteran Grandmaster Phunk. DJ Reason’s Booth stable have been trying to recruit Alfonso D’Angelo for weeks, but the ‘Furious Bi-Curious’ has rebuffed their advances at every turn. Tonight, he and Cowboy won it, when Buck hit a number of Lariats, and then hit his ‘Neckbreaker Onto Knee’ on Dangermouth to win it.

After the match, DJ Reason grabbed a microphone, and slid into the ring between the two tag teams…

Alfonso D'Angelo.jpg Buck Winchester.jpg DJ Reason.jpgDangermouth.jpgGrandmaster Phunk.jpg

DJ Reason: “Great victory guys… You do realise, you just beat the FUTURE of 21CW, and the LEGEND that is the Phunkmiester…?! So I gotta ask… As you know… There’s a spot available in ‘The Booth’… Will you take it…?!”

Alfonso asked for another mic, and categorically said ‘NO’ to DJ… He told him to give up asking, because it’ll NEVER happen…

DJ Reason: “Ohhhh Phonzy… baby… I didn’t mean you sugar… I meant ‘Cowboy’…!!”

Cowboy shrugged, and looked as confused as anybody… Alfonso began to answer for his friend… but as he turned to face Buck Winchester, the American unleashed a vicious Lariat, which almost knocked Alfonso out of his wrestling boots…!! Buck stood side by side with ‘The Booth’, despite defeating them moments earlier as the segment ended…!!

image.jpeg

In the back, Leigh Burton walked into the Locker Room, and found his former friend ‘Awesome’ Wade Orson taping his fists…!!

Leigh Burton 2.jpg Wade Orson 2.png

There was instant tension between the two, as Burton made a comment under his breath that Orson didn’t like… Burton shouted that with Storm and Sifu saying stuff behind his back, he thought his ‘friend’ would have his back… Orson said they’re not friends… they never will be… and that even with The Brat Pack’s respective injuries, there’s no way Burton leaves tonight as a Tag Team Champion…!!

Leigh Burton: “Me…?! What about you…?! You have NO-ONE, now Wade… And you’re going into a fight against Buff Martinez, which you will LOSE… and then what?! You drop down, to mid-card, mediocrity, where you belong…”

Orson and Burton came to blows, and had to be pulled apart by officials and other wrestlers… The two shouted at each other that there’s no way either of them win tonight…!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The match a lot of people had been waiting for: Match Number 5 in the Best of Seven Series, with War Machine going into it 3-1 to the good. BEDLAM knew tonight was must-win, and he used a ‘stick and move’ approach to gain the upper hand. He landed big strikes including elbows and low kicks, but got out of Machine’s clutches quickly and efficiently. Once War Machine got his hands on his rival though, there was almost no stopping him. Cliff King’s ‘Giant Client’ squeezed ‘The Most Dangerous Man in Britain’, and tried to pull his arms off! However, along with Cliff King, War Machine got over-confident and cocky. BEDLAM was able to jab his opponent from behind with a low knee block. BEDLAM continued to focus on the knee, with a frantic assault, and then suddenly locked in his ‘Mind Strangler’ seated choke. War Machine is huge, and extremely powerful, but he passed out like everybody does, and BEDLAM pulled a win out of his hat!

Steve Smith: “It’s BEDLAM 2, War Machine 3, Dane…!! This series twists and turns…!!”

Dane Rowley: “What’ll happen next…?! Bore Machine and WEDLAM… I…”

Steve Smith: “Dane, please… calm down…”

Dane Rowley: “I’m calm, I’m calm… The Sest of Bevan series, is AWESOME… BEDLAM just delivered a Blushing Crow to War Machine with that win…”

image.jpeg

The next match was the 21CW Kingdom Tag Team Title match, and the challengers came out first… separately… The Brat Pack then arrived together… Thurston Darcy III trying to shake off the vicious ‘Swedish Grapevine’ from Cousin Konrad in the show, and Artemis Eyre-Rochester still wearing his face mask as he recovers from a broken nose at the hands of Tommy Cornell…

image.jpeg

Landon Mallory and Leigh Burton were thrown together randomly for a Tag Team Title shot, and their chemistry is awful. However, they were up against wounded, battered, and injured duo in The Brat Pack. It was still a competitive match, but it was only ever going to go one way. Blake Belushi did his bit on the outside, but he was distracted by his newly won 21CW National Title on his shoulder. For the finish, Leigh Burton hit some big strikes, and a rising knee to the broken nose of Artemis Eyre-Rochester. Burton fell into the cover, and hooked a leg. The referee counted Artemis down, and we had new Champions!!

image.jpeg

We cut to a video updating the latest big stories on the other brand: UNITED…!!

image.jpeg Edward Cornell Suit 2.png Joss Thompson.jpg

The first huge story, is that Edward Cornell’s 10 month 21CW World Title reign is over… He was beaten by Apollo Prince, who becomes the youngest 21CW World Champion in history…!! Prince was able to achieve this, thanks in part to the return of JOSS THOMPSON… ‘The Complete Package’ is back on UK shores after 5 years back in the states…!! His arrival on the stage distracted Cornell, and Prince took full advantage…!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Buff and Orson know each other extremely well, having been opponents six times previously in 2020. This was their best outing, culminating months of rivalry and story, into a 20 minute brawl. Buff took the upper hand early on, chasing Orson to the outside of the ring, and being free and loose with the rules. He slammed Orson’s head off the guard rail, ring steps and ring post, however when he brought his rival to the announce desk, Orson countered with a vicious elbow, and threw the Champion into Steve Smith and Dane Rowley. Orson was quick to break the count and then capitalise, stomping on Buff, and maintaining the advantage. The announce team recovered in the end, but there was a period where no one was on the call. The theme of Orson using Martinez to throw into staff members continued throughout the match. ‘Awesome’ Wade launched the Champ over the barricade at one point, and he landed on the bell ringer and ring announcer, taking them both out of commission for a little while too. But it was when Buff and the referee collided heads accidentally that the match changed completely. Orson made sure it happened by side-stepping an on-rushing ‘Barcelona Bull’, and pushing him towards Jacob Bailey. With the referee down, one half of the NEW 21CW Kingdom Tag Team Champions: Leigh Burton, made his presence felt.

image.jpeg

Burton and Orson used to be friends, but the two had fallen out recently. Their friendship in tatters, earlier tonight the pair argued and almost came to blows backstage. Burton comfortably won his match tonight, and became a Champion for the first time in five years – but he told Orson that he would FAIL in his quest to become 21CW World Heavyweight Champion. ‘The British Lion’ watched the action from ringside for a while – clearly there to ensure Orson did in fact fail. Kathleen Lee paid him no mind, also believing he was out there to stop Orson from cheating and winning. However, just as the referee began to stir, Burton slid into the ring and hit the same lifted knee strike he hit on Artemis Eyre-Rochester earlier in the show. He hit the move, on Buff Martinez, to the shock of everyone in the building! There was one man who knew it was coming though – ‘Awesome’ Wade Orson!! The challenger laughed maniacally, before picking ‘The Barcelona Bull’ up and dropping him with a powerslam. He waited for Buff to get back to his feet, and then hit the ‘Bounce Back’ Pounce – which sent Martinez’s weakened body flying across the ring. Orson sprawled into the cover, and looked into Burton’s eyes as the referee counted to three!! Both men were delighted with what had gone down!! Kathleen Lee was beside herself, but we had another NEW World Champion, and the THIRD Title change of the night!!

Leigh Burton and Wade Orson laughed in the ring together, before hugging and both raising their Championship Belts high above their heads…

Leigh Burton Champ.jpg Wade Orson Champ 2.png

The two were in on it the entire time… There was no falling out… The fans couldn’t believe they’d been hoodwinked in this way, by two complete slimeballs… and now they’re BOTH Champions…!! The show ended there, and the announce team told us to check out Kingdom this week for all the fall out…

image.jpeg

• Like 5

On 12/27/2023 at 9:23 PM, DAVEFAN95 said:

I'm not a huge Orson fan in this project. There are more interesting guys on the roster (Andrew Lee, Tommy Cornell, Loxley Robbins) who I'd prefer to take the belt off of Martinez. I'd question how you think Buff's reign has gone on Kingdom? For me, I find the United brand to be dominating the "war" between the two. 

Yeah the injury to Edward Cornell has changed a lot of plans to be fair. I didn't want Orson as the first World Heavyweight Champion, as the way I tend to write his character is too similar to Cornell really. Heel that cheats to win, and hides behind his friends etc. I've booked Orson as Cornell's right hand man in the House of Business in the past for that very reason. I could have put it on Tommy, but he's just too over, and is too unbeatable - leaving the only outcome to be a heel beating him, while Edward Cornell is Champion on the other brand.

Buff was the only real option to be the first Champ. I see him in a similar role to that of Hangman Page in the Dark Order, as he's the 'older brother-in-law' of the comedic Lee FamiLee. He's not married to Kathleen... Kathleen is in no way related to the group... Who are also, not related to each other... So the way they look up to Buff is kind of weird - and would be even weirder if he was a decent upper mid-carder. The title reign has given him momentum and status right out of the gate, and I could easily see him dethrone Orson to be the 3rd holder.

Apollo winning on United was a catalyst for this change too. I'm glad you like the red brand more. The Prince/Cooper feud has helped them a lot. BEDLAM / War Machine was supposed to be Kingdom's 'version' of that. Long-running, hard to predict, etc.

I'm just finishing up July where I'm writing, so I'm around six weeks ahead of where you're reading. Things shake out a lot from here, but I still think United is the stronger brand - particularly with Joss Thompson coming in!! There's another big name (who I just signed) ready to slot in at the top of the card, and I think he'll go to Kingdom to shake things up a bit (a lot). 

On 12/28/2023 at 9:28 AM, Charasmatic Enigma said:

You could close this off early and give War Machine a huge push, but I'm not sure where Bedlam would go from a 4-1 loss

Imagine a 4-1 win in a best of seven series :D BEDLAM would be dead in the water. It might be something I use in the future if someone gets stolen by a bigger company though. Good way to have them written off TV. Wade Orson's contract came up recently, and he was approached by all the big companies!! I had to throw a lot of money at him to keep him. If I'd lost him, maybe a best of 5 series where he loses 3-0 to Gorilla Lee or something could have worked :D 

@KyTeran - congratulations on top scoring for War Drums with 6/11... Your prize will be with you shortly...

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, The Lloyd said:

Yeah the injury to Edward Cornell has changed a lot of plans to be fair. I didn't want Orson as the first World Heavyweight Champion, as the way I tend to write his character is too similar to Cornell really. Heel that cheats to win, and hides behind his friends etc. I've booked Orson as Cornell's right hand man in the House of Business in the past for that very reason. I could have put it on Tommy, but he's just too over, and is too unbeatable - leaving the only outcome to be a heel beating him, while Edward Cornell is Champion on the other brand.

Buff was the only real option to be the first Champ. I see him in a similar role to that of Hangman Page in the Dark Order, as he's the 'older brother-in-law' of the comedic Lee FamiLee. He's not married to Kathleen... Kathleen is in no way related to the group... Who are also, not related to each other... So the way they look up to Buff is kind of weird - and would be even weirder if he was a decent upper mid-carder. The title reign has given him momentum and status right out of the gate, and I could easily see him dethrone Orson to be the 3rd holder.

Apollo winning on United was a catalyst for this change too. I'm glad you like the red brand more. The Prince/Cooper feud has helped them a lot. BEDLAM / War Machine was supposed to be Kingdom's 'version' of that. Long-running, hard to predict, etc.

I'm just finishing up July where I'm writing, so I'm around six weeks ahead of where you're reading. Things shake out a lot from here, but I still think United is the stronger brand - particularly with Joss Thompson coming in!! There's another big name (who I just signed) ready to slot in at the top of the card, and I think he'll go to Kingdom to shake things up a bit (a lot). 

I think my preference of the red brand is more due to the characters and stories over there (Eddie, Apollo, Cooper, Blackfriar, Koller, Frisby, Antithesis, Matravers, Kenobi High, Beauchamp, Martin Twins, Adonis, Cool, RJ Stones and Thompson now). Speaking of United, I disliked the title change. Not narratively, just dislike world title changes on free TV unless you are a product that is TV orientated (RAW in CV, AEW in RL). Course it's more a change due to the injury, which I think you probably could have gotten away with given there's not a PPV for awhile I believe. If Apollo won at a PPV, I'd prob love it as making new stars is the point of wrestling. 

Anywho, the PPV review. 

Graphics first. Kudos for making them relevant to the PPV name, which is a weird one. They worked well.

Cornell/Robbins was better than I expected grade wise, even with negative chem and it had the right winner. Cornell v Orson should be pretty interesting, more on this later. 

The national match was something I was looking forward too. I honestly thought anybody could win it and I think Belushi is a solid new champ. Where does DBF go from here though? You call him a rising star but at 35, he's probably past becoming a main eventer, so what does he do? I'm interested. You don't seem too keen on Lee going for the big belt so he'll probably stay on the same level now. 

Buck joining the Booth. Huh, fair enough. I honestly liked face Winchester, we'll see if The Booth can help him go up the card. 

I haven't been invested Bedlam v War Machine, I just War Machine to go for the big belt, but with Orson as champ and Cornell as challenger, I can't see that now.

The one thing I am very excited for coming out of this PPV, the whole Orson/Burton/Mallory sitch. I can see Mallory becoming a challenger down the line and this being the catalyst. Burton will surely turn on him as it's clear where his allegiance lies. Mallory could be the next champ if you play your cards right. 

The fact that Buff/Orson got an 83 is a shock to me. However, I thought is was a fun build with Burton and Orson and probably should have seen it coming seems Buff has kinda been an afterthought in the build up. Like DBF, where does Buff go from here? Burton? He's a tag champ, so unless you plan on a Hot Stuff reunion, I'm not sure about that. Feuds are few and far between on Kingdom. Maybe he stays in the world title picture, I guess we'll see. Honestly, I don't see anybody being able to carry the brand all that well. I's Tommy or bust for me. I understand why you'd keep him away from the title and I'm very happy you did not put Robbins over him, we'll see where it goes.

Overall, it was a good show, but I do see United as a much stronger brand as I've mentioned, though I'm interested to see where some stories go on Kingdom. 

On 12/31/2023 at 12:28 AM, DAVEFAN95 said:

I think my preference of the red brand is more due to the characters and stories over there (Eddie, Apollo, Cooper, Blackfriar, Koller, Frisby, Antithesis, Matravers, Kenobi High, Beauchamp, Martin Twins, Adonis, Cool, RJ Stones and Thompson now). Speaking of United, I disliked the title change. Not narratively, just dislike world title changes on free TV unless you are a product that is TV orientated (RAW in CV, AEW in RL). Course it's more a change due to the injury, which I think you probably could have gotten away with given there's not a PPV for awhile I believe. If Apollo won at a PPV, I'd prob love it as making new stars is the point of wrestling. 

Anywho, the PPV review. 

Graphics first. Kudos for making them relevant to the PPV name, which is a weird one. They worked well.

Cornell/Robbins was better than I expected grade wise, even with negative chem and it had the right winner. Cornell v Orson should be pretty interesting, more on this later. 

The national match was something I was looking forward too. I honestly thought anybody could win it and I think Belushi is a solid new champ. Where does DBF go from here though? You call him a rising star but at 35, he's probably past becoming a main eventer, so what does he do? I'm interested. You don't seem too keen on Lee going for the big belt so he'll probably stay on the same level now. 

Buck joining the Booth. Huh, fair enough. I honestly liked face Winchester, we'll see if The Booth can help him go up the card. 

I haven't been invested Bedlam v War Machine, I just War Machine to go for the big belt, but with Orson as champ and Cornell as challenger, I can't see that now.

The one thing I am very excited for coming out of this PPV, the whole Orson/Burton/Mallory sitch. I can see Mallory becoming a challenger down the line and this being the catalyst. Burton will surely turn on him as it's clear where his allegiance lies. Mallory could be the next champ if you play your cards right. 

The fact that Buff/Orson got an 83 is a shock to me. However, I thought is was a fun build with Burton and Orson and probably should have seen it coming seems Buff has kinda been an afterthought in the build up. Like DBF, where does Buff go from here? Burton? He's a tag champ, so unless you plan on a Hot Stuff reunion, I'm not sure about that. Feuds are few and far between on Kingdom. Maybe he stays in the world title picture, I guess we'll see. Honestly, I don't see anybody being able to carry the brand all that well. I's Tommy or bust for me. I understand why you'd keep him away from the title and I'm very happy you did not put Robbins over him, we'll see where it goes.

Overall, it was a good show, but I do see United as a much stronger brand as I've mentioned, though I'm interested to see where some stories go on Kingdom. 

Thanks man, I appreciate the detailed input. Lots to unpack, probably too much, so I'll just say thank you and respond to a couple of bits...

Mallory is a very interesting addition to 21CW... Like Koller, Bantom, Konrad, Beauchamp, and one or two others, he had a ton of success in Europe... His stats are very impressive, and I've managed to slowly raise his popularity in the UK with the right victories over the right people (the mini feud with Stevie Stoat helped a lot). This story and randomly drawn together tag team (and it was random, from about 12 people) is his first chance at a major feud / story. We'll see where it goes for now, but I'm certain he'll be a World Title contender off the back end of it.

Buff / Orson was great wasn't it. They had an 82 at World War, and a 76 at Head To Head, so I knew it would be the show closer - particularly with Cornell and Loxley's poor chemistry. You're right about Buff being the afterthought. Sadly, I do this a lot. I write for the character who is going to win the Title, far more than the outgoing Champion, leaving the former Champ in a bit of a hole. I find changing a Title feud really hard too - except in WWE saves, with things like Rumble wins, MITB, etc. Orson's 2020 is fully planned out for me now (maybe with the Title, maybe without)... Buff is much looser... meaning he's free to slot into positions I need him in.

Roster and Champions Update incoming...

image.jpeg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21CW World

21CW United World.jpg Apollo Prince Champ.jpg

Apollo Prince

Held for 0 days

0 Title defences

Prestige: 89 (-1)

Previous Champions:

Edward Cornell (3)

Adam Matravers (4)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21CW United Kingdom

21CW United Kingdom.jpg Viktor Beskov Champ.jpg

Viktor Beskov

Held for 25 days

1 Title defences

Prestige: 58 (no change)

Previous Champions:

Antithesis (2)

Roly Muckletruck

Bedlam

21CW United Tag Team

21CW United Tag Team.jpg Clifford Wilson Champ.jpgUK Dragon Champ.jpg

Clifford Wilson and UK Dragon

Held for 25 days

0 Title defences

Prestige: 62 (no change)

Previous Champions:

Absolutely Flawless (Lance & Kelly Martin) (4)

Men Of Steel (Mark Adonis & Mass Hulk) (2)

21CW World Heavyweight

21CW Kingdom World Heavyweight.jpg Wade Orson Champ 2.png

Wade Orson

Held for 0 days

0 Title defence

Prestige: 80 (+1)

Previous Champions:

Buff Martinez

21CW National

21CW Kingdom National.jpg Blake Belushi Champ.jpg

Blake Belushi

Held for 0 days

0 Title defences

Prestige: 65 (+1)

Previous Champions:

Daniel Black Francis

21CW Kingdom Tag Team

21CW Kingdom Tag Team.jpg Landon Mallory Champ.jpgLeigh Burton Champ.jpg

Landon Mallory and Leigh Burton

Held for 0 days

0 Title defences

Prestige: 64 (no change)

Previous Champions:

The Brat Pack (Artemis Eyre-Rochester & Thurston Darcy III)

The Cornell Cup

Beast Bantom 2.jpgRoly Muckletruck.jpg

2020: Beast Bantom & Roly Muckletruck

Prestige: 81

Previous Winners:

2019: Hot Stuff (Buff Martinez & Jay-B)

2018: he Cornell Cousins (Tommy & Edward Cornell)

• Like 1

Predictions for Kingdom, Episode 19, Week 2, June 2020

‘The Most Dangerous Man in Britain’ BEDLAM [vs] Lone Wolf

A Move from the Top Rope Wins It:
‘The Irish Stretching Machine’ Merle O’Curle [vs] ‘The King of the Cruiserweights’ Phil Harmonic

The Lee FamiLee (JK and Gorilla) w/ Andrew and Cousin Konrad [vs] The Underdogs (Joe Simpson and Michael X)

Crouching Storm, Hidden Sifu [vs] Nightmare and Ruin

Welsh Dragon and Aurelian Bradley [vs] Kevin Jones and Jeremy Allen

‘The Barcelona Bull’ Buff Martinez [vs] ‘The British Lion’ Leigh Burton

The Most Dangerous Man in Britain’ BEDLAM 

‘The King of the Cruiserweights’ Phil Harmonic

The Lee FamiLee (JK and Gorilla) w/ Andrew and Cousin Konrad

Crouching Storm, Hidden Sifu

Welsh Dragon and Aurelian Bradley 

‘The British Lion’ Leigh Burton

Predictions for Kingdom, Episode 19, Week 2, June 2020

‘The Most Dangerous Man in Britain’ BEDLAM [vs] Lone Wolf

Bedlam is coming off the back of a big win to keep the best of 7 series vs War Machine alive, and this keeps the momentum rolling

A Move from the Top Rope Wins It:
‘The Irish Stretching Machine’ Merle O’Curle [vs] ‘The King of the Cruiserweights’ Phil Harmonic

If Phil can't beat Merle with this stipulation he won't ever beat him

The Lee FamiLee (JK and Gorilla) w/ Andrew and Cousin Konrad [vs] The Underdogs (Joe Simpson and Michael X)

Aussie interference?

Crouching Storm, Hidden Sifu [vs] Nightmare and Ruin

Storm & Sifu have their eyes on Leigh Burton, and this win could propel them towards a title shot

Welsh Dragon and Aurelian Bradley [vs] Kevin Jones and Jeremy Allen

Could see this going the other way, but the Jones/Allen story hasn't really gone anywhere yet so hoping there is more to come from them

‘The Barcelona Bull’ Buff Martinez [vs] ‘The British Lion’ Leigh Burton

I'm banking on more shenanigans here

7 hours ago, Temes1066 said:

You have incorrectly listed the people in the Stable "House of Business" in the latest updated roster list.

Great spot! :D I must have used an old image for the fourth image... Changed the layout of my roster updates (and how I update them) and it's definitely right on the next two :D 

Thanks man. Hope you're enjoying the diary?