21CW: The Land Of Second Chances

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.gif

Hi guys, Lloyd here. I guess it’s fair to say, I’m back, and I’ve been working on something…

It’s been a strange 18 months for me, home and work life wise… Nothing bad, I changed jobs/careers and we have our second baby on the way (very, very soon)… Towards the end of my time in my previous job, I ‘lost my mojo’ and stopped writing/creating… The switch over to the new boards didn’t help… Then I also seem to remember the game crashing and not working for a bit?!

I’m rambling here, but I still have full shows of my most recent WWF Invasion diary written out… It just became almost impossible to post them on the new boards without a ton of editing… I’m fairly basic with my computer skills etc, so I really struggled… Plus I had no idea the switch to the new boards was even happening – as I only ever looked on the dynasty boards…

Since I always write a couple of months ahead of where I post, I essentially haven’t written any new content for a little under a year!! Which is the first time that’s happened to me in a long, long time… But over the last few weeks, I've been building a stock of shows ready to go, so that should get us off to a nice start.

Aaaaanyway… You can view ALL of my previous works on my profile, and while they didn’t transfer well, hopefully you can see that when I start a project, I tend to run it for a long time… This ain’t no flash in the pan diary kids… We’re here for the long haul…

I'm sure I'll miss some people here... But in the next post, a certain Australian will be pleased to read about a signing or two I made. King Bison's renders continue to inspire many people to write as he brings the game to life in such an epic way. Christmas_ape, Kijar, michgcs, you guys have been friends to me from the start. Togg, Uncrewed, RKOwnage, DaveFan95, Dalton, Historian, TheBigBad1013, smw88, DevilofNG and I'm sorry if I've missed anyone. You've all been so nice to me over the years pretending you like my Sandbox style diaries.

And on that note… Just to give you a little ‘teaser’… This 21CW diary is going to involve a BRAND SPLIT (for reasons I will make clear in the next post)… and the two brands, thanks to the excellent work of BestForTheBusiness, will be called ‘KINGDOM’ and ‘UNITED’… I’ll also be using some of his Belts, and the logo and banner at the top were also his… Found here: https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/54546-alternative-cornellverse-2022-mod-version-104-released-30-sep-22/page/4/#comment-1435384

image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like 7

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Frequently Asked Questions, which nobody has asked:

Why 21CW…? I feel like I’m a bit of a ‘creature of habit’ in a way… I like a Sports Entertainment Company, and I can never seem to get a women’s division to work… But the main reason for using 21CW is that it’s the only time previously that one of my diary’s ended due to computer failure… As I mentioned, I tend to write a couple of months ahead of where I’m posting… So when my computer broke a number of years ago, I lost a LOT of 21CW shows that were fully written etc… I guess I feel that I have unfinished business with them…

Why a Brand Split…? I’ve often thought that 21CW was a strange company… The National School of Wrestling would churn out 4 or 5 bald… bland… beardy… 17 year olds every year… Occasionally one would have hair… Occasionally one would be a pretty decent prospect… But their roster rarely changed much from game to game… In 2020, they have something like 51 active workers? Waaay too many for their one, 2 hour TV show each week… But not enough for a brand split… Essentially, I think they’re set up for you to come in, and fire 15 guys… Something which could be fairly easy…

However… At the top of the card, you have the following list of Main Event level guys:

Tommy Cornell, Edward Cornell

Adam Matravers, Jonathan Faust, Sebastian Koller

Leigh Burton, Wade Orson, Buff Martinez, J-B Cash

To a slightly lesser extent Phillip Cooper, Kevin Jones, War Machine, Roly Muckletruck, Beast Bantom, Apollo Prince

And a bunch of others just below that… which, if you fired from the bottom, would leave a very top heavy roster...

With one or two key signings (more on that later), there’d be enough Main Event talent for a brand split… The problem came with the tag division, and the jobbers… A lot of the lower card guys are 300+ lb beasts… Some with potential… So I figured with a brand split, and me needing to sign 15 guys, I could add jobbers and tag teams easily and fill the ranks up on both sides…

Which 15 guys did you sign…? It’s mostly enhancement talent… The top of the card is pretty strong… and whilst the tag team division could use some work, I’ll mostly be putting talented current guys together… I just needed to pad the roster out…

That said, I began with FOUR guys from RAW in Australia… (you’re welcome Satyr) All pushable… Loxley Robbins, Blake Belushi, Artemis Eyre-Rochester and Thurston Darcy III all seem to fit into 21CW as heels who think they’re better (and better looking) than everybody… I edited their popularity to reflect their level in the company, with Loxley going in at the Main Event level and 7th most popular guy on the roster… Blake Belushi more like 11th… and then the Brat Pack a middle of the pack tag team…

Landon Mallory also came in… I feel like he probably would be signed by 21CW in canon for the ‘next game’ if there is one… He’s so talented, and has a unique look… Easy to push… If not 21CW, then pretty much any other company in the world would want the South African… He’s 31, so very surprised he wasn’t picked up already…

Stevie Stoat and Nate Manchester are over enough to help the card below them… Stoat’s bio said he left 21CW because he lost a lot… Sorry Stevie… but that’s not going to change this time around…

Joey Beauchamp is my user character, and has long been one of my favourites in the game… He starts this one injured for 3 months, and again, I edited his popularity a little to sit him somewhere in the lower/middle of the pack – where his skills on the mic can be utilised…

Chuck Frisby – great jobber, with a gimmick, good on the mic

Cain Carlisle – never had a fair run in a ‘major promotion’ (did well in my last 21CW diary in that role)

Jase Cole and Christopher Lister – I loved this tag team when I first played the game, and I have an idea for them!!

Cowboy Buck Winchester – I wanted an American, and he’s again, got a gimmick, and decent entertainment skills

JK Lee – For a silly little idea I’ve got… Good wrestler, but poor ent. Skills

Dangermouth – pretty much the opposite of JK Lee… In canon I feel like he’d either leave the business OR get a mega push with 21CW for the next game… So maybe Dangermouth, but certainly Mallory, and the Ozzies could be pushed… The rest are jobbers really…

There are THREE big names whose contracts come up inside the first eight months, so expect to see me throw money at all three (as none will leave their company easily)… There’s also space for one or two others as I progress as both rosters have around 32 wrestlers currently… I could easily move a couple of useless ones on if they don’t develop…

Do you have enough referees and Road Agents for a brand split?! No, probably not… So I signed Canadian former CGC official Francis Long to help referee… and Leo Price to join the Road Agents… I definitely had enough announcers, but still found space for Martin Bloydell… DJ Reason is so talented, so I’ve transitioned him to a backstage interviewer role… and who knew Colin Chalke could talk?! He’s the GM of Kingdom… 😉

• Like 3

21CW Alt.jpg

21CW King Banner.jpg

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

Here’s how the rosters split…

Kingdom Roster 1.jpgKingdom Roster 2.jpg

United Roster 1.jpgUnited Roster 2.jpg

As you can see, I’ve used a LOT of King Bison’s work here, as I often do in the Cverse… I just think he’s fantastic… There are of course, a lot of fantastic renderers on the boards… And I’ve dabbled in one or two of theirs too… For the most part, I've used Bison's free stuff, and a lot of his newer stuff which is amazing... Editing / alting some for my own requirements, repurposing others... 

I'll try and introduce each worker well throughout the story so you know who the picture is, as I know it can be confusing when I do things like that :D

• Like 2

image.jpeg

I should probably bring you up to date on the save now… So I started just playing as 21CW, and hadn’t planned on doing a diary… But I found writing things down was fun, and then, why not make a diary right? But as I got a couple of shows in, I realised how stacked the Main Event and upper mid card scene is…

I’m now three weeks in, so this diary begins the show AFTER the Steel Cage Challenge Pay-Per-View, which is Week 3 of January… Here’s what happened on that show:

Wade Orson defeated Sebastian Koller, Buff Martinez, J-B Cash, Kevin Jones and Phillip Cooper to become the Number One Contender for the World Championship (he would later be drafted AWAY from the Champion, Edward Cornell)

Apollo Prince defeated Daniel Black Francis to end their feud

Leigh Burton defeated Adam Matravers

Roly Muckletruck beat Bedlam to win the United Kingdom Title

The Men Of Steel (Mark Adonis and Mass Hulk) beat The Underdogs (Michael X and Joe Simpson) to retain the Tag Belts

Absolutely Flawless beat Crouching Storm, Hidden Sifu

Edward Cornell retained the 21CW Championship in a triple threat over his cousin Tommy Cornell, and Jonathan Faust

Again, using BestForTheBusiness’s Belt alts, The Champions look like this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21CW World

21CW United World.jpg Edward Cornell Champ.jpg

Edward Cornell (3)

Defeated Adam Matravers (4)

Held for 5 months

5 Title defences

Prestige: 90

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21CW United Kingdom

21CW United Kingdom.jpg Roly Muckletruck Champ.jpg

Roly Muckletruck

Defeated Bedlam

Held for 0 months

0 Title defences

Prestige: 58

21CW United Tag Team

21CW United Tag Team.jpg Mark Adonis Champ.jpgMass Hulk Champ.jpg

Men Of Steel (Mark Adonis & Mass Hulk) (2)

Defeated Absolutely Flawless (Lance & Kelly Martin) (3)

Held for 5 months

4 Title defences

Prestige: 61

All three recognised Championships were drafted to United, so Kingdom needs its own set of Champions… Right now, they’re all vacant, and are all Brand New Championships…

21CW World Heavyweight

21CW Kingdom World Heavyweight.jpg

VACANT

Defeated NOBODY

Held for 0 months

0 Title defences

Prestige: 80

21CW National

21CW Kingdom National.jpg

VACANT

Defeated NOBODY

Held for 0 months

0 Title defences

Prestige: 65

21CW Kingdom Tag Team

21CW Kingdom Tag Team.jpg

VACANT

Defeated NOBODY

Held for 0 months

0 Title defences

Prestige: 65

Edited by The Lloyd
  • Like 3

With just four weeks until the biggest show of 2020 - WORLD WAR - the first episode of Kingdom is Main Evented by two men who will no doubt benefit from the Brand Split... Wade Orson and Buff Martinez have always felt like they were on the cusp of the Main Event scene... With the likes of Adam Matravers, Jonathan Faust, Sebastian Koller and Edward Cornell on the other show, space has opened up on the blue brand... Only one of them can win the first Main Event of Kingdom though... Elsewhere, Landon Mallory makes his 21CW debut... and we'll meet a group known as The Lee FamiLee... (you'll see)...

Predictions for Kingdom, Episode 1, Week 4, January 2020

Landon Mallory [vs] ‘The Misanthrope’ Mark Misery w/ Vicki Company

‘DBF’ Daniel Black Francis [vs] ‘The MVP’ Kevin Jones

‘The Neanderthal’ Andrew Lee [vs] Stevie ‘Smasher’ Stoat

‘The Underdogs’ Joe Simpson and Michael X [vs] Nightmare and Ruin

‘The Quiet One’ Sifu w/ ‘Sensational’ Ricky Storm [vs] War Machine w/ ‘The Executive Consultant’ Cliff King

Wade Orson [vs] ‘The Barcelona Bull’ Buff Martinez w/ Kathleen Lee

Edited by The Lloyd

‘The Quiet One’ Sifu w/ ‘Sensational’ Ricky Storm [vs] War Machine w/ ‘The Executive Consultant’ Cliff King

Landon Mallory [vs] ‘The Misanthrope’ Mark Misery w/ Vicki Company

‘The Quiet One’ Sifu w/ ‘Sensational’ Ricky Storm [vs] War Machine w/ ‘The Executive Consultant’ Cliff King

Wade Orson [vs] ‘The Barcelona Bull’ Buff Martinez w/ Kathleen Lee

Landon Mallory [vs] ‘The Misanthrope’ Mark Misery w/ Vicki Company

‘DBF’ Daniel Black Francis [vs] ‘The MVP’ Kevin Jones

‘The Neanderthal’ Andrew Lee [vs] Stevie ‘Smasher’ Stoat

‘The Underdogs’ Joe Simpson and Michael X [vs] Nightmare and Ruin

‘The Quiet One’ Sifu w/ ‘Sensational’ Ricky Storm [vs] War Machine w/ ‘The Executive Consultant’ Cliff King

Wade Orson [vs] ‘The Barcelona Bull’ Buff Martinez w/ Kathleen Lee

21CW Presents:

image.jpeg

Episode 1

Wednesday, Week 4, January 2020

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Calling the action: Steve Smith and Dane Rowley

Attendance: 12,057

Overall Rating: 72

image.jpeg

The first episode of 21CW Kingdom kicks off with a pyro display, and new General Manager Colin Chalke in the ring… along with a podium and a velvet cloth covering what looked like a Championship Belt…

image.jpeg

‘The Steamroller’ is a former 3-Time MOSC UK Champion, and commands respect…

Colin Chalke: “Ladies and Gentlemen… WELCOME… To a brand new era… WELCOME… To Kingdom…!!”

With the biggest show of the year: World War just three weeks away, Chalke announced that Kingdom needed champions… since all three current Titles were drafted to United… So… tonight… we’re going to find out one of the matches from the blue brand…

Colin Chalke: “Wade Orson was the Number One Contender for the 21CW Title… Tonight, he’ll battle Buff Martinez… If the former Hot Stuff member can defeat Orson… then the two will square off at World War, for the NEW World Heavyweight Championship…!!”

Chalke paused, and then slowly removed the cloth… revealing the Brand New Belt, to big cheers...

image.jpeg

Tonight, it’s Orson versus Martinez… The message to Buff is: “Win and you’re in!!”

image.jpeg

Landon Mallory.jpgimage.jpegpg Mark Misery.jpg w/ pg Vicki Company.jpg

Landon Mallory was the surprise debut to kick off the first episode of Kingdom… The new signing from VWA in Europe is a hot prospect, and got a big debut win over Mark Misery, who complained about everything.

image.jpeg

We cut to the back next, where veteran former 21CW World Champion DJ Reason was standing by with an unfamiliar guest…

pg DJ Reason.jpg Dangermouth.jpg

DJ Reason: “DJ Reason here… with another edition of ‘The Reason’… and my guest… a fellow music man, and new kid on the block here in 21st Century Wrestling… Grime artist… Dangermouth…!!”

Reason welcomed Dangermouth to the company, and asked him his ‘Reason’ for wanting to come and work here…

Dangermouth: “Yeah… good question… and the answer is a simple one… You already know this, mate… but I look up to you… In so many ways… My first studio album featured a track called ‘The Reason’, and it was ALL about your Title reign… I’m here to try an’ emulate that, yu know…? (Jeff) Nova… Gimme a chance… I’ll prove to the world… that you don’t have to be some flippy, floppy, jumpin’ jack in the box to entertain the crowd… Gimme a mic, and someone I can punch… I’ll do the rest…”

Reason applauded his young guest, and offered to take him under his wing… an offer the newcomer gladly accepted…

image.jpeg

pg Daniel Black Francis.jpgimage.jpegpg Kevin Jones.jpg

Two very well decorated former Champions doing battle here. Jones got the win when a mysterious music hit, and distracted both DBF and the referee.

pg Loxley Robbins.jpgpg Blake Belushi.jpgpg Artemis Eyre-Rochester.jpgpg Thurston Darcy III.jpg

Steve Smith: “THE RUMOURS ARE TRUE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN… We’ve been hearing ALL week, that Jeff Nova has poached four of the best talents from the other side of the world, and they’re HERE… in 21CW… ”

[I should point out at this point, that Dane Rowley’s gimmick is that he uses spoonerisms when he’s excited…]

Dane Rowley: “That’s Loxley Robbins… Blake Belushi… Artemis Eyre-Rochester and Thurston Darcy III… All HERE…!! I can’t believe it Steve… The Ozzie Invasion has begun… and they’re marching to the ring…!! If you’ve been chipping the flannel on your TV, and you’ve landed here… I suggest you stick around folks!!”

pg Daniel Black Francis.jpg pg Kevin Jones.jpg

One person who didn’t stick around, was Kevin Jones… ‘The MVP’ looked like he was going to stand side by side with Daniel Black Francis, but he quickly left the ring when the four Ozzies got in it… They circled DBF, who was returning to his feet… and took their time… but eventually, Robbins ordered his troops to take the fan favourite out!!

The Ozzie Invasion have arrived!!

image.jpeg

pg Andrew Lee.jpg w/ pg Gorilla Lee.jpgpg JK Lee.jpgimage.jpegpg Stevie Stoat.jpg

‘The Neanderthal’ Andrew Lee w/ Gorilla Lee and JK Lee [vs] Stevie ‘Smasher’ Stoat

Fun match here. The group known as ‘The Lee FamiLee’ got the crowd behind their leader well, and he ultimately overcame a very experienced operator in Stevie Stoat.

image.jpeg

We cut backstage next, and found Mark Misery complaining to his long suffering wife Vicki Company… when an unexpected arrival did little to alter the mood in the room…

pg Mark Misery.jpgpg Vicki Company.jpg pg Smiling John Smithie.jpg

Mark Misery: “What are you so happy about…?!”

The expression on Smithie’s face was the exact opposite of a happy one… and he said he was there to see Misery about his defeat tonight…

Mark Misery: “If you’re here to console me… don’t bother… I don’t need it… What you could do, is go see that referee… His count was way too fast…  Not just for the pin, but throughout the match… Not giving me until five to break holds… terrible… I hate him… I hate EVERYONE…”

Smiling John Smithie: “Right enough… The officiating round here, has been dour of late…”

Smithie sat down next to misery, and the two men sighed at the same time… before staring off into space…

image.jpeg

pg Joe Simpson.jpgpg Michael X.jpgimage.jpegpg Nightmare.jpgpg Ruin.jpg

A complete mis-match here in terms of size, and the Underdogs worked hard to get a watchable match out of the two big men. In the end they somehow beat their larger, more menacing opponents when Simpson rolled up Ruin for a flash pinfall!

image.jpeg

In the back, The Lee FamiLee bumped into another ‘Lee’… Kathleen Lee… and she wasn’t too impressed by their antics…

pg Andrew Lee.jpgpg Gorilla Lee.jpgpg JK Lee.jpg Kathleen Lee.jpg

Andrew Lee: “Auntie Kathy… Did ya see me out there tonight…?! Did ya…?!”

Kathleen Lee was far already annoyed, but to be called ‘Auntie’ by the younger group looked like the final straw… They’ve been trying for weeks to get her to ‘join up with her FamiLee’… but she’s not related to any of them… In fact… they’re not related to each other…

Kathleen Lee: “LOOK… I’ve been nice about it up until now… but we are NOT Family… I’m not your Auntie… I’m not anything… and you three… CHILDREN… need to leave me alone… The man I DO manage – Buff Martinez… has a HUGE match tonight… Got it?!”

The three young Lee FamiLee members looked down at the ground… like they’d just been told off by their… Auntie… JK Lee wiped away a small tear, as the group pleaded their case and said sorry… Kathleen Lee threw her arms up in the air and stormed out…

image.jpeg

pg Sifu.jpg w/ pg Ricky Storm.jpgimage.jpegWar Machine.jpgw/ pg Cliff King.jpg

War Machine’s first match of 2020 after a short lay off due to injury was a fast paced one – it always is against Sifu or Storm. Sifu got some nice strikes in there, and came off the ropes to good effect late on. However in truth it was a dominant performance from War Machine. He won it with his ‘Choke Bomb’ and then threatened Storm as he came into the ring to pull his partner out after the bell.

image.jpeg

Backstage, world-renowned grappler ‘Rough Justice’ Tommy Cornell bumped into ‘The British Lion’ Leigh Burton…

pg Tommy Cornell.jpg pg Leigh Burton.jpg

Leigh Burton: “It should be YOU heading to World War, surely…?! You were screwed at Steel Cage Challenge… I gotta say it man… being overlooked like that… for Wade Orson and Buff Martinez…?! I’d be pissed…”

Cornell looked like he didn’t trust Burton, but the youngster was right… Jonathan Faust forced his way into his final showdown against Edward Cornell… It was supposed to be Cousin versus Cousin for the Title… but it ended up being a Triple Threat… and when Tommy had Edward pinned following a ‘Guilt Trip’, Faust illegally pulled the referee out under the ropes… Edward ended up retaining by pinning Faust, and Tommy couldn’t quite make it back in…

Tommy Cornell: “Is there summin’ you wanted mate…?”

Leigh Burton: “All I’m saying is… On their BEST day… Orson and Martinez aren’t on your level… I know Orson pinned you late last year, and yeah, sure… maybe you’re past your best now… but still…”

Tommy Cornell: “Woa woa woa woa… I see what this is… Listen son… You’ll go far in this business… Trust me… I’ve had my eye on ya… But don’t get it twisted… You wanna fight me…?! All you have to do is ask… Don’t play games boy…”

Burton backed away, and told Cornell no… and that he respects the former EIGHT time World Champion… He didn’t mean any confusion or offense at all… and then left the scene…

image.jpeg

pg Wade Orson.jpgimage.jpegBuff Martinez.jpg w/ Kathleen Lee.jpg

Wade Orson [vs] Buff Martinez w/ Kathleen Lee

The second best match of 2020… only bettered by the Tommy/Edward/Faust Triple Threat at Steel Cage Challenge. Two impressive, and rising stars in 21CW did battle to close the first show of the new era. Buff Martinez looked a little lost at times, without his usual partner J-B Cash, who was drafted to United. However, Kathleen Lee’s presence at ringside paid dividends in the end. She distracted Wade Orson, only slightly, but just enough for Buff to hit the ‘El K.O’ spinning back fist and score a huge win, meaning he’ll now challenge Wade Orson for the vacant World Heavyweight Title at World War!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Dane Rowley: “He did it… Duff Bid it…!!”

Steve Smith: “We’re going to run this one back at World War, Dane… Orson versus Martinez II on the biggest stage of the year… Can Buff do it again…?! What we know for sure, is… one of them, will become a World Champion for the first ever time…!!”

Dane Rowley: “My money’s on Muff Bartinez, Steve… I’m calling it early… He’s living rent free, in Wade’s head after that win…!!”

Steve Smith: “We’ll see about that one, Dane… Don’t write off Orson just yet… He was BUILT for super stardom… and this will take him to that next level he’s been craving… Guys, thanks for joining us… we are out of time here… See you next week… on KINGDOM…!!”

21CW Kd Close.jpg

Edited by The Lloyd
  • Like 5

Predictions for United, Episode 1, Week 4, January 2020

Rolling Johnny Stones & Roly Muckletruck [vs] Apollo Prince & J-B Cash

Kenobi High (Christopher Lister & Jase Cole) [vs] The Red Devils (Viktor Beskov & Yuri Iliakov) w/ BW Eddie

‘The Real Angel of the North’ Nate Manchster [vs] Grave Digger w/ Blackheart

Evan Alpass [vs] Antithesis

‘The Rock N’ Roller’ Sebastian Koller [vs] Luke Cool

‘Mile High’ Adam Matravers w/ Phoebe Plumridge [vs] ‘The God’ Jonathan Faust w/ Blackheart & Grave Digger

Edited by The Lloyd

Kenobi High (Christopher Lister & Jase Cole) [vs] The Red Devils (Viktor Beskov & Yuri Iliakov) w/ BW Eddie

The Ro‘ck N’ Roller’ Sebastian Koller [vs] Luke Cool

‘Mile High’ Adam Matravers w/ Phoebe Plumridge [vs] ‘The God’ Jonathan Faust w/ Blackheart & Grave Digger

Not too familiar with 21CW but let's take a stab at it

Rolling Johnny Stones & Roly Muckletruck [vs] Apollo Prince & J-B Cash

Kenobi High (Christopher Lister & Jase Cole) [vs] The Red Devils (Viktor Beskov & Yuri Iliakov) w/ BW Eddie

The Rock N’ Roller’ Sebastian Koller [vs] Luke Cool

‘Mile High’ Adam Matravers w/ Phoebe Plumridge [vs] ‘The God’ Jonathan Faust w/ Blackheart & Grave Digger

Rolling Johnny Stones & Roly Muckletruck [vs] Apollo Prince & J-B Cash

Kenobi High (Christopher Lister & Jase Cole) [vs] The Red Devils (Viktor Beskov & Yuri Iliakov) w/ BW Eddie

‘The Real Angel of the North’ Nate Manchester [vs] Grave Digger w/ Blackheart

Evan Alpass [vs] Antithesis

The Ro‘ck N’ Roller’ Sebastian Koller [vs] Luke Cool

The Rock N’ Roller’ Sebastian Koller [vs] Luke Cool

21CW Presents:

image.jpeg

Episode 1

Wednesday, Week 4, JANUARY 2020

Des Greeves.jpgMartin Bloydell.jpgJeff Nova.jpg

Calling the action: Des Reeves, Martin Bloydell and Jeff Nova

Attendance: 12,227

Overall Rating: 75

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

In a similar vain to last night’s episode of Kingdom, Jeff Nova opened the show and confirmed his role as General Manager and Match Maker…

Jeff Nova.jpg

Jeff Nova: “Colin Chalke over on Kingdom is one of mah cloosest friends, an’ I trust him with the other shoow… Bo’ on Thursday nights… Ah’m in charge… Ah make tha matches… Ah say what goes… an’ tonight… Just three weeks away frum World War… We need ta start makin’ plans…”

Later on tonight, Nova has made Adam Matravers versus Jonathan Faust… Two of 21CW’s premiere talents, with seven World Championships between them, doing battle in a huge Main Event… The winner will head to World War to face Edward Cornell for his 21CW Championship…

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

Rolling Johnny Stones.jpgRoly Muckletruck.jpgimage.jpegApollo Prince.jpgJ-B Cash.jpg

Four great talents on show here, in two sets of strange tag teams. Prince and Cash looked like they’d teamed up before, but their egos got in the way at times and they failed to capitalise on their early isolation of Stones. In the end, despite Roly Muckletruck’s attempts to squash them, they teamed up well to pin Roly and score the win!

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

We cut to a pre-taped video of twins Lance and Kelly Martin next…

Lance Martin.jpgKelly Martin.jpg

The tag team known as Absolutely Flawless are three time former 21CW Tag Team Champions, and have also won the ROF Tag Titles three times… but the duo, who were dethroned by the current Champs Mark Adonis and Mass Hulk, said in the video that they feel ‘disrespected’ at times…

Lance Martin: “If we were four time Champs… that respect would be on our names more…”

Kelly Martin: “NO team has won the Belts more than three times… Not Storm and Sifu… Not The Ivanoffs… Not Beskov and Iliakov… Like us, they’re all on three reigns… Adam Matravers… three reigns…”

Lance Martin: “There is ONE man, with four… A man we respect a heck of a lot… ‘The Lion’ Leo Price…”

Price has won the Belts with Leigh Burton (2), and Joss Thompson… and has even had a reign with Nate Manchester, during his first run with the company… Lance and Kelly confirmed that THEY were next in line for a Title shot against Adonis and Hulk at World War… and that Price has agreed to be in their corner for the match…!!

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

Christopher Lister.jpgJase Cole.jpgimage.jpegViktor Beskov.jpgYuri Iliakov.jpg w/ image.jpeg

An action packed fight here, with Kenobi High showing they’re no push overs. Newcomers to the UK scene, but veterans of the European one, Lister and Cole could become players here in 21CW. They almost got the upset win, but in the end, Beskov’s ‘Red Devil Lock’ was enough to make Cole tap out.

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

A promo package aired next, hyping the arrival to United of ‘The Unsung Hero’ of wrestling… Chuck Frisby…

image.jpeg

The video showed Chuck training in a gym, while the American voiceover made reference to the fact that we haven’t seen him in a 21CW ring for eleven, long, years… But that he’d be back ‘soon’…

Chuck Frisby: “I’m here… To tackle the UK’s Obesity Crisis… One lazy bum at a time…!!”

Frisby’s cocky smile was instantly hateable… It’s not what he said, it’s how he said it… ‘The Unsung Hero’ arrives in 21CW in a few weeks…

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

Nate Manchester.jpgimage.jpegGrave Digger.jpg w/ Blackheart.jpg

A mis-match from the very beginning here. Grave Digger made light work of his smaller opponent, but Nate, a former 21CW Tag Team Champion, made the pure domination watchable.

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

We cut backstage to an office, where Beau Boulder and Darin Flynn were sat behind desks…

Beau Boulder.jpgDarin Flynn.jpg

The sign behind them read ‘Boulder & Flynn Detective Agency’… and they were busy working on a case…

Beau Boulder: “The Case, of the missing BEAST… Is a curious one my dear Flynn…”

Darin Flynn held up a newspaper with ‘MISSING: BEAST BANTOM’ on the front cover… and he agreed with his partner… He then exclaimed that he thinks he knows JUST the man to interview about his disappearance…

Darin Flynn: “The last person to see him… Was 21CW United Kingdom Champion… Roly Muckletruck!! And I say, we speak to him next week to begin our investigation…!!”

The pair agreed, and we cut away…

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

Evan Alpass.jpgimage.jpegAntithises.jpg

Antithesis is great to watch, especially his entrance. The veteran managed to intimidate Alpass, who is a promising young brawler, and ended it after 5 minutes with his Full Metal Jacket submission hold.

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

image.jpegViktor Beskov.jpgYuri Iliakov.jpgimage.jpeg

The House of Business were in a private bar area next, boasting about how ‘everything is coming up Edward Cornell’ right now…

Edward Cornell: “Think about it… I’ve been Champion for FIVE months now… in my third reign… and after a brutal Steel Cage Challenge, all of my main challengers are runnin’ scared…”

Edward said that Tommy Cornell ‘ran scared’ to Kingdom, and won’t be a problem for a while… Meanwhile, Jonathan Faust has to EARN another shot, in a match against Adam Matravers later tonight…

Edward Cornell: “And we all know… Faust can never get past Matravers… He’s like his, ‘bogey opponent’… So when Adam wins tonight… I’ll deal with him at World War… and not my two biggest threats… I say we celebrate boys…!! To a victory for the Red Devils tonight… and… to ME…!!”

Cornell raised his glass of champagne, and the group cheersed him and the groups’ accomplishments…

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

Sebastian Koller.jpgimage.jpegLuke Cool.jpg

A chance for Sebastian Koller to show why he’s destined to move up to the Main Event scene next. The former 2-time United Kingdom Champion was drafted to the ‘United’ brand, and now that there’s a split, space has opened up for him to climb the ranks a little quicker than originally planned. He put away Luke Cool here – a 3-time United Kingdom Champion in his own right here, in a solid co-Main Event.

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

An in-ring interview segment next… Des Greeves hopped in between the ropes with new 21CW signing: ‘Captain Crash’ Cain Carlisle…

Des Greeves.jpgimage.jpeg

Des Greeves: “Standing in the ring in 21CW… you’ve FINALLY been signed to a long-term contract… Cain… after years of making one off appearances for the company… How are you feeling…?”

Carlisle was about to speak… but he was interrupted by the music of Phillip ‘Cooper Man’ Cooper… who strolled to the ring… His flamboyant ring attire and catchy music make him a fan favourite as soon as his theme song hits… but then he talks… or acts like a total airhead egomaniac…

image.jpeg

Phillip Cooper: “Uhhh… Brah… I have two questions for ya… Who are you… and what are you doing, in MY ring…?!”

Cooper climbed in to the ring… and he laughed at the youngster…

Phillip Cooper: “Ohhh wait… I remember YOU… You’re that kid who comes in sometimes… loses easily to one of our bigger guys, and then f***s off back to whatever scummy little town you’re from… Now’s your chance, brah… Make yourself famous… Who are ya…? And what are you doing… in my ring…?!”

Carlisle asked for the mic from Greeves… and looked right into Cooper’s eyes…

Cain Carlisle: “My name is Cain Carlisle… and I’m from Cornwall… And I’m not afraid of you… “brah”…!!”

And with that, the young high-flier slapped Cooper across the face, and then hopped out of the ring to a big ovation… The crowd HATE Cooper when he speaks, and the way he acts in the ring… He grabbed Des Greeves by the scruff of the neck, but a glare from Jeff Nova at the announce desk forced him to release the owner of 21CW’s fellow announcer…

21CW Utd Banner.jpg

Adam Matravers.jpg w/ Phoebe Plumridge.jpgimage.jpegJonathan Faust.jpg w/ Blackheart.jpgGrave Digger.jpg

Adam Matravers is the only man to have won four 21CW World Titles. But with three reigns to his name, Jonathan Faust is no slouch either. The two Main Event stars fought hard for almost 20 minutes here, before a flying cross-body from the top rope to the outside took out all three members of Hellbound. Matravers didn’t land well, and both he and Faust were eventually counted out for a double count out, meaning we don’t know who the number one contender for the 21CW World Title is!!

Final result: DRAW

Des Greeves: “What does this MEAN, Jeff…?!”

Jeff Nova: “Ach… Ah dunny know Des… This wasn’ne the plan a’ all… Matravers took a big risk… It did’ne work ou’ for him…”

Martin Bloydell: “Well let’s not put you on the spot right now, Jeff… We’re signing off here, after an excellent show, and an even better Main Event… Thanks for joining us on United… We’ll see you next week…”

21CW Utd Close.jpg

• Like 7