When to start a Diary

Do Diaries need to be started at the beginning of a game save? Or can they be a few months in? I've played a game and I'm about 5 or 6 months in and I've been really enjoying it so I wanted to start writing one to see if I like it. But I don't remember all the little things I would want to include from the begining of the save. I was thinking of starting it off as a Booker that has kinda been cautiously guiding the ship to see what is what for the first few months before really taking the reigns and that is where I would start the diary. 

Your choice, really. Having a save you're enjoying and have an extended period of time in-game pre-booked is a great start. You can write what you already have booked, which means you have 5 or 6 months guaranteed of shows which is longer than many diaries (including my own from the past) go and would give you a foundation to continue building upon. You could also start writing from the point you're currently at and summarize what's happened up to that point. 

13 hours ago, Dawn said:

Your choice, really. Having a save you're enjoying and have an extended period of time in-game pre-booked is a great start. You can write what you already have booked, which means you have 5 or 6 months guaranteed of shows which is longer than many diaries (including my own from the past) go and would give you a foundation to continue building upon. You could also start writing from the point you're currently at and summarize what's happened up to that point. 

One thing I’ve wished I’ve done in the past is have diaries written and ready to go. It’s so easy for real life to get in the way. Then once your fall behind your schedule can be hard picking back up again. Would be good to have a few weeks in the bank ready to go keeping it ticking over rather than under pressure to play and write constantly. 

• Like 2

There is no real wrong answer. I'm playing an 86 game right now and I'm considering a diary with it. The first week of January there is a Saturday Nights Main Event that airs but its taped in December of 1985. Nothing Earth shattering happens at it so I figured I'd start the diary right after that so it would feel like I'm truly starting in 1986. I've had other games like a 99 Finger Poke of Doom game where I wanted to start after the Finger Poke because I thought the concept was interesting. There is no wrong time to start a diary. 

That being said as others have mentioned I try to write quite a bit of the diary before I start. Life gets in the way or the game itself gets in the way of a good diary. So I always try to book to my first big ppv or sometimes the night after or whatever. Just to give me that head start, just to get things flowing and then posting. Even then maybe hype up your diary in the diary preview, spend a few posts fleshing out the game world. 

Either way good luck with your diary if you choose to write it I'll keep an eye out for it.