The Search for the new Background Continues...

The Search for the new Background Continues...  

87 members have voted

1. 1. The Search for the new Background Continues...

• Background 1
    • Background 2
    • Background 3
    • Background 4
    • Background 5
    • Background 6
    • Background 7
    • Background 8
    • Background 9
    • Background 10

[QUOTE=panix04]I'm just speculating here but im guessing most people who voted for 5 really dont wanna change from kyky. I know some people love the background and heaven forbid you try something colourful! But come on peeps, vote for the bluey cagey background! Disprove the theory that wrestling fans are all 12 year old fan-boys who listen to nothing but limp bizkit and are all wannabe goths![/QUOTE] Why was I not informed that is what I was suppose to be doing years ago! :rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=panix04]I'm just speculating here but im guessing most people who voted for 5 really dont wanna change from kyky. I know some people love the background and heaven forbid you try something colourful! But come on peeps, vote for the bluey cagey background! Disprove the theory that wrestling fans are all 12 year old fan-boys who listen to nothing but limp bizkit and are all wannabe goths![/QUOTE] Tbh, I've always thought little of kyky. For EWR, I used to just find pics and cut/resize portions and have no bg at all. 8 all the way... is it even worth recutting pics onto the grey bg, might as well just stick with kyky.

[QUOTE=NGW4LIFE]Love #8 but would hate to lose all my pixs.... anyone wanna transfer over about 800 pics for me??[/QUOTE] Again... You dont have to delete or stop using them... You dont even have to START using the Offically unoffical new background... it's just a thing we're doing to try and make it where we're all on the same page for something new (those of us that wanna do it)

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli]Again... You dont have to delete or stop using them... You dont even have to START using the Offically unoffical new background... it's just a thing we're doing to try and make it where we're all on the same page for something new (those of us that wanna do it)[/QUOTE] Nah you are misunderstanding me bro... I meant I love that background and would absolutely love to use it ONLY. I just would hate to not have the pics I have become used to using. I have been collecting pix since back when kyky first started making them. don't always use the most current pix. So I was asking if there'd be anyone will ing to convert the pix i do use?

I voted 5 as its probably the only one I think is better than KyKy's, but in truth I think changing is all well and good if you've got a small number of pics, I like others i'm sure have collected up an aweful lot on KyKy, so unless someone cuts 750+ pics I don't think its worth changing. If some people want a change as they are bored though then fair enough but if the peeps who cut pics could put the cuts on both new and KyKy then that would suit all imo.

All the people who don't want to change are voting for Number 5, which is horribly skewing the results, because they won't use the new picture pack anyway. The idea was to get a new background for those who want to change from KyKy because it's boring for them, and people who aren't going to change make the results look misleading. No one's forcing you to change to the new background KyKy-fans, if you want to keep it then keep it, it's your choice :p

[QUOTE=berrysi]I voted 5 as its probably the only one I think is better than KyKy's, but in truth I think changing is all well and good if you've got a small number of pics, I like others i'm sure have collected up an aweful lot on KyKy, so unless someone cuts 750+ pics I don't think its worth changing. If some people want a change as they are bored though then fair enough but if the peeps who cut pics could put the cuts on both new and KyKy then that would suit all imo.[/QUOTE] I understand your point. However the whole point of this execise is that we all agree on a background and from henceforth people will cut pics to that background so in 6 months time there will be 1000+ pics all on the background we choose here. I for one have about 100 PNG's ready to stick onto a new background, so there is 100 cuts for starters!

[QUOTE=panix04]I understand your point. However the whole point of this execise is that we all agree on a background and from henceforth people will cut pics to that background so in 6 months time there will be 1000+ pics all on the background we choose here. I for one have about 100 PNG's ready to stick onto a new background, so there is 100 cuts for starters![/QUOTE] Fair enough, I still like 5 the best as its more clean cut, classy, is wrestling related, would fit in nicely with the in-game graphics and the pics look best on it whilst not being over the top. I think peeps (like me) who aren't great at cutting pics are just worried (not greatly as it just a game, but enough) that we are going to end up with half our collection on one and half on another, or half on a background which isn't very good. I'm open to change as long as the peeps who can cut pics are open to helping convert peeps pics that aren't very good at cutting pics (me included).

to me the problem with background 8 is the camera flashes......The are taking away from the cut.......also it is a hell in the cell cage......atleast with Kyky background there is some what blank on the company.......I see Arenas in Japan that look like that and the same in the states.......that is why i pick #5 [QUOTE=panix04]I'm just speculating here but im guessing most people who voted for 5 really dont wanna change from kyky. I know some people love the background and heaven forbid you try something colourful! But come on peeps, vote for the bluey cagey background! Disprove the theory that wrestling fans are all 12 year old fan-boys who listen to nothing but limp bizkit and are all wannabe goths![/QUOTE] Wannabe goths? dude most the wrestling fans i find listen to pop-rap you know stuff like 50 s*it and m&m........... Before i get flamed.......i am sorry if you do like the pop-rap......but geez why dont like MTV take you balls with your mind......

[QUOTE=darkfire423]to me the problem with background 8 is the camera flashes......The are taking away from the cut.......also it is a hell in the cell cage......atleast with Kyky background there is some what blank on the company.......I see Arenas in Japan that look like that and the same in the states.......that is why i pick #5 Wannabe goths? dude most the wrestling fans i find listen to pop-rap you know stuff like 50 s*it and m&m........... Before i get flamed.......i am sorry if you do like the pop-rap......but geez why dont like MTV take you balls with your mind......[/QUOTE] I asked my elder brother who is an IT manager/web designer which he thought the best background was and he actually said number 5, i then showed him the original background with a pic on and his exact words were "what the hell has that got to do with wrestling?" As for the music comment, as per usual my tongue was firmly located in my cheek when i said that and i have to confess that i have been known to put on the odd Nu-Metal song in my slightly younger days, but to be honest im still living in the 80's and i'd much rather listen to Def Leppard or Bon Jovi.

[QUOTE=berrysi]I voted 5 as its probably the only one I think is better than KyKy's[/QUOTE] BETTER than kyky? The guy made no effort whatsoever to make a background. He googled arenas, found a pic, made a gray overlay and called it a bg. It's cheesy, it's generic, and it's boring. Just because it's wrestling doesn't mean the bg has to be. There's nothing wrong with "studio style" looking backgrounds or something that's non wrestling related. The original Ravex blue gradient bg had more effort put into it.

Is there anyone out there that would be kind enough and have enough spare time to consider putting the 400 pics i use for my small diary game on background #8?? I obvioulsly wouldn't expect them to be down overnight or anyhting. but if so, let me know and I'll zip some up and get them to you.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne]BETTER than kyky? The guy made no effort whatsoever to make a background. He googled arenas, found a pic, made a gray overlay and called it a bg. It's cheesy, it's generic, and it's boring. Just because it's wrestling doesn't mean the bg has to be. There's nothing wrong with "studio style" looking backgrounds or something that's non wrestling related. The original Ravex blue gradient bg had more effort put into it.[/QUOTE] Its just how I see it, my personal choice, shoot me. Everybody see's things different, just stating what I thought, no need to get all caps lock on me.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne]BETTER than kyky? The guy made no effort whatsoever to make a background. He googled arenas, found a pic, made a gray overlay and called it a bg. It's cheesy, it's generic, and it's boring.[/QUOTE] I'm lost, are you talking about bg #5 or kyky? Your description seems to apply to both.

[QUOTE=sebsplex]I'm lost, are you talking about bg #5 or kyky? Your description seems to apply to both.[/QUOTE] kyky's. [QUOTE=panix04]yep its all a good laugh and joke until someone hits the caps lock button![/QUOTE] I didn't hit the cap lock, I held shift, and that was only for one word. It's not like my whole post was like that. The emphasis was on the word "better".

[QUOTE=darkfire423]atleast with Kyky background there is some what blank on the company.......I see Arenas in Japan that look like that and the same in the states.......that is why i pick #5[/QUOTE] That's why I like it too, it could be any wrestlign arena. Also with it and Kyky it's wrestling related plus the black and white gives it that for lack of a better word "classy", business look. Which I like with TEW with it being a booking sim, however with WreSpi, I like using ones with a more colourful BG. I voted for 5 anyway, 8 would be my second choice though, in fact I have made several on it already. I started to make BG's the other day with the wrestlers countries flag in it but I didn't like em so I axed it. Plus it was annoying having to flip between BG's while cutting a few. Once a new BG is choosen if people start using it we will finally see the return of the "can someone re-cut this on "insert bg of choice" for me". Been a long time since we had one of those.

Archived