EraVerse: The Age of Purity

[CENTER][U][B]EraVerse[/B][/U] The Age of Purity[/CENTER] EraVerse is a completely unique wrestling world. Aimed at taking you through 50 years of wrestling. See the way the industry changes throughout half a century. For awhile I have kept silent on these boards, however I have been busy working on a new Verse for TEW 2005. The first chapter is known as, The Age of Purity. Wrestling promoters in 1960's EraVerse have a very different job to what they do in present day real world. The wrestling community is noticeably small, showing how isolated the wrestling business is at the time. While the mod isn't completed it is my main agenda to get it so, as it is extremely fulfilling to do. Feel free to ask questions as I have purposefully made this starting post as brief as possible to see what fellow gamers think about the mod. Thanks Dan Clark

[QUOTE=TCP1]Is it a new universe or a mod set in the 1960s? Either way, great idea and one that I've been considering myself for a while. Good luck.[/QUOTE] EraVerse is a new universe. The aim is to show how the wrestling world develops over 50 years. [QUOTE=jonlawson]Ouch, was testing the 1960's idea myself, then saw this thread :) I'm hoping it's a 1960's mod that is simmed for 50 years and then released to be played to the public...maybe?[/QUOTE] The public will be able to download each chapter in this new wrestling universe. The aim is to create a new chapter for every 10 years. Meaning that EraVerse starts in 1960 and ends in 2010. However mini chapters that will only be slightly updated will show what happened inbetween each chapter. For example 1960 will be release, followed by 1970 then 1965 will be released which will show how 1960 transformed to 1970... well at least thats the plan ;)

[QUOTE=JWideman]That's incredibly ambitious. I hope you see it through.[/QUOTE] Well im enjoying it and ive got a quite a bit done so hopefully i'll see it through. Last time I attempted something like this my computer died on me :( so im ganna back everything up :D

This sounds like it could be really cool. I'll definately try it out, when it comes out. If I were you, I'd consider getting all the main releases('60, '70, '80 etc.) out of the way, before you get into the "mini chapters". That way those mini chapters will mean more, as you'll probably have more of a fanbase who know this EraVerse. Plus, you may get burnt out before you finish otherwise. Either way, I'm looking forward to the first release.

[QUOTE=Showtime4Lajf]This sounds like it could be really cool. I'll definately try it out, when it comes out. If I were you, I'd consider getting all the main releases('60, '70, '80 etc.) out of the way, before you get into the "mini chapters". That way those mini chapters will mean more, as you'll probably have more of a fanbase who know this EraVerse. Plus, you may get burnt out before you finish otherwise. Either way, I'm looking forward to the first release.[/QUOTE] That's a good idea. It will help me keep fresh for longer as I wont be doing the same thing over and over again. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
This is my first update for a while as I dont want to keep bashing you to death with "Just added a new worker!!!!!!" updates and so on. However I do have a little request. I would pratically worship at the feet of anyone who could make me some killer logos for my promotions in this game. For anyone who is reading this who can do those sorts of things then I would love: A logo for a promotion called: American National Wrestling Alliance I would like maybe an eagles head faded into a wrestling ring canvas with the promotions name underneath. Or something along the lines of that. Another logo would aslo be a promotion called: United States Wrestling Federation (or just simply USWF). For that I would like the USA flag being texture for the promotion's name. Pretty basic but im a graphics idiot. Anywho thanks in advance if anyone would like to have a shot at doing something like that for me. Obviously your name would be included in the very honorable "With thanks to:" section of the help file :D

• 2 weeks later...
I made a little reply to this asking if anyone would like to help me in this project that will be originally completed for TEW 2005 but later updated to TEW 2007, but after working on the data for a long time after that I decided that I would be ok on my own. Well here I am again asking if anyone would like to help out. It would be a great way to burn the time leading up to TEW 2007 release. Thanks

Archived