BOW: A New Home For British Wrestling (C-Verse)

Great first show! I’m only familiar with some of the names, but you’ve done well to introduce the big players. There’s a lot of people on the roster, so it’ll take a bit of time to get used to them!

Also always nice to see a big angle to finish the show to set up the big bad stable for the start of the promotion.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 4:34 AM, DAVEFAN95 said:

COYBIG

The luck of the Irish was in full force as all three won their matches!

On 10/23/2023 at 5:39 AM, HiPlus said:

GIVEN ME CHRISTIAN BLITHE AS CHAMPION! IT IS ALL I WANT, I NEED!

A young, talented and handsome wrestler, I am sure there's gold in the future for Blithe don't you worry about that! Embarrassingly, while writing these replies I realised I incorrectly referred to Blithe as Australian, when he's in fact from New Zealand. I'll be sure to have the commentary correct the record moving forward.

On 10/23/2023 at 12:16 PM, KyTeran said:

Bali Daljit vs Walker van Cleer
Comments: I think the tag guy loses.

Sadly, I think you were mistaking Walker van Cleer with EWA's Frank Van Heer. If it's any consolation, I don't think you were the only one to do so.

On 10/23/2023 at 2:41 PM, Charasmatic Enigma said:

Out of interest, what popularity does BOW start at? 

I'll cover this in a bit more detail in another post, but I've started with a flat 50 across the entire British Isles to start with.

On 10/23/2023 at 4:36 PM, John Lions said:

'Showcase' Battle Royal - Damian Dastardly
Comments: Going to go out there with my choice of winner, if you poached one guy from Australia then I'll hedge on the top prospect in all of Oceania, with a gimmick that fits perfectly for a battle royal win.

I know this is probably a hugely unpopular opinion within the fandom of the TEW series, but I am just not a fan of ZEN in the slightest. To be honest I can't even put my finger on why - if it existed in real life I can imagine having a lot of laughs watching it on YouTube or something. APW and DIW are my Australian TEW companies, and I like Milton Hittlespitz as a babyface for a hardcore division. That said, Dastardly is a talented worker for sure.

On 10/25/2023 at 11:42 AM, willr0ck said:

'Showcase' Battle Royal

Comments: Jack Bruce is clearly the only logical choice here 

This made me laugh out loud

On 10/27/2023 at 4:09 AM, John Lions said:

Great event, you made the most of your roster and I love that you referenced everyone's history outside of BOW. I love all the custom renders for everyone. England and Europe are pretty dire for star power and you've managed to make a lot of different wrestlers all feel pretty important in just one show. Looking forward to see where this goes, and the divergences you and Charismatic Enigma have as the shows go on.

Thanks for your comments, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Charasmatic Enigma's NWF is turning out to be a really fun diary to follow, and I can see both a lot of similarities and differences already.

On 10/27/2023 at 1:37 PM, HiPlus said:

I am bad at this but can't wait to see who is on the next conference press conference. I'll give my show thoughts on the next card.

Not bad at all - first shows are probably the hardest to predict, particularly of new companies! I'm worried it will be too predictable moving forward.

23 hours ago, knkmaster69 said:

That show was fantastic and I can't wait for more. You did a great job setting up your roster and now i'm excited to see what they do!

Thank you, glad you liked it!

20 hours ago, Scottie said:

Great first show! I’m only familiar with some of the names, but you’ve done well to introduce the big players. There’s a lot of people on the roster, so it’ll take a bit of time to get used to them!

Also always nice to see a big angle to finish the show to set up the big bad stable for the start of the promotion.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed. You're right about the large roster, but again a 'behind the curtain' explainer type post should give more understanding of why that is.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 11:51 AM, azzak said:

Overall I'm really glad with the numbers you all managed to get, I think it was a good reflection of a show that was not too predictable but also honoured the knowledge you all had of C-Verse lore (except Will, who got very lucky with his guesses!) 

Malarkey! I was definitel y not guessing. I'll have you know that I used a very detailed algorithm and several spreadsheets to make my predictions!

My Jack Bruce prediction was money!

• Haha 1

BOW Night Of Wrestling #1:

Match Card:

Jason Dempsey vs BOW World Champion Stevie Stoat
non-title match

BOW Tag Team Championship Tournament Quarter-Final:
The Shooters vs Ward & Owen

Landon Mallory vs Colin Picalo

Thea Davis vs Viper McKenna

Bali Daljit vs JK Lee

Gram Gorman vs Jermaine Granger

BOW Night Of Wrestling #1:

Match Card:

Jason Dempsey vs BOW World Champion Stevie Stoat
non-title match

Imagie losing your first non-title match after winning the championship. Sounds like something a field mouse like Soat would do. I'll vote for him reluctantly.

Thea Davis vs Viper McKenna

Bali Daljit vs JK Lee

• Like 1

Match Card:

Jason Dempsey vs BOW World Champion Stevie Stoat
non-title match

I cannot see the World champ losing his first match after winning the title.

I think The Shooters are shooting to the top here.

Sorry Colin, no way are you beating Landon at this point.

With the heels winning last month I think Thea gets the win here.

Bali Daljit vs JK Lee

JK Lee was the runner up in the battle royal last month while Bali lost his match, yeah giving this one to Lee.

I remember seeing Jermaine as being described as a brash youngster, so I think he is going to lose here considering he was the second elimination in the battle royal.

• Like 1

BOW.png.122d771583ee42e8328b6995bc15a8ca.png

British Omega Wrestling

Night Of Wrestling #1

Wednesday Week 1 February 2020

London, Southern England, British Isles

BOW_Banner.jpg.d8b823f304c31e372bf54277e6cc37bf.jpg

The show opens with Dunton Hall stood in the ring.

DuntonHall.jpg.4270f52c3d1d489a2f734ab1fd5bb028.jpg

Dunton Hall: Here in Britain, the weekends are dominated by football, the summer is reserved for Wimbledon, and now, Wednesday belongs to wrestling. Welcome to the first ever episode of Night Of Wrestling! We have a lot going on tonight, our new World champion Stevie Stoat is in action, Thea Davis and Viper McKenna go head-to-head, and in our main event, The Shooters will face Glen Ward and Gavin Owen in the first match of a tournament to crown the inaugural BOW Tag Team champions! And what’s more-

Before Dunton can finish, the entrance theme of Stevie Stoat kicks into action, with the new BOW World champion stepping out onto the entrance ramp.

StevieStoat_alt.jpg.aa47c14471dbcd46548c0be5db0b547f.jpg

LouiePeyton_alt.jpg.73d57705d7e18736ee89c9d0e7f1f71a.jpg StefanRaynor_alt.jpg.c9c22e7a879855a2008adbdfcdab9ae4.jpg

The first thing noticeable about Stoat is the elegant, shimmering gold World championship belt draped over his shoulder. The second is that he is clad in a new leather jacket, his usual dour stare concealed by a pair of black sunglasses. The third notable aspect of Stoat’s entrance is the fact that he’s not alone, with The Assassins’ Guild members Louie Peyton and Stefan Raynor walking either side of him, dressed in matching attire.

Having collected a microphone from a stagehand during his entrance, Stoat stands toe to toe with his boss in the middle of the ring, still flanked by Peyton and Raynor.

Stevie Stoat: What do you think you’re doing?! Who do you think you are?! Coming out here and opening my show! See this belt on my shoulder? It means that I am this show. You had better learn darn quick that I’m the man who runs this place, you’re just the one signing the cheques. Now get the hell out of my ring!

Stoat snatches Hall’s microphone from him and tosses it to the canvas. The BOW Owner initially looks like he wants to stand up to Stoat, but when the champion leans in and his cohorts step closer, Hall thinks better and reluctantly leaves the ring as the crowd boos the nefarious champion.

Stevie Stoat: That’s right, you keep walking. The fact you’ve booked me on free TV is bad enough, but the fact that I’m not even in the main event is a travesty! So I’m not gonna wait around in this hell hole for a second longer. My match starts now.

Stoat throws down his microphone in a rage and turns his attention to the entrance ramp.

MartinBloydell.jpg.030f0180bbdc15f156dff10d74389ebf.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.7b23aaa95060ccf09da1d56e938df5c2.jpg JackieGoldstein.jpg.2c2810b90ddec1958f8ab3ea34d428db.jpg

Martin Bloydell: Good evening folks, and what an explosive start to the debut episode of Night Of Wrestling! Our new World champion Stevie Stoat getting in the face of Dunton Hall and, slighted by the fact that he’s not in the main event, demands that his match start the show!

Melanie Florence: I think slighted is an understatement Martin, and he wasn’t just annoyed about not main eventing the show, he was furious about the fact that he even has to wrestle at all.

Martin Bloydell: His opponent Jason Dempsey making his way to the ring now, and he’s got to be a little put out of place, this match wasn’t scheduled to be until the middle of the show.

Melanie Florence: Yeah, but Dempsey is a tenacious scrapper, he’s always up for a fight. And having won the first ever BOW match following his victory at Reckless Abandon, he now has the opportunity to win the first ever match on Night Of Wrestling, against the World champion no less!

Jackie Goldstein: Ladies and gentlemen, your opening match scheduled for one fall, with a twenty-minute time limit. Introducing first, making his way to the ring, Jason Dempsey.

Jason Dempsey climbs into the ring, as The Assassins’ Guild depart to the ringside area after a final few words with their leader.

Jackie Goldstein: And his opponent, already in the ring, he is the new British Omega Wrestling World champion, Stevie Stoat!

Match One:

JasonDempsey.jpg.27922254ecc9738ab4e3b0df7e6e1338.jpg vs.jpg.f83c29832e4d87a8a6761345c78d0803.jpg StevieStoat.jpg.58309a80b0e525e76fdca87d59cc614e.jpg

Jason Dempsey vs BOW World Champion Stevie Stoat (w/ Louie Peyton and Stefan Raynor)

An exciting first bout for the new BOW television show, with both men fresh off a win at BOW’s debut event. They looked to keep the early momentum of the company’s first weekly outing going by engaging in a hot brawl, but sadly Stevie Stoat showed a fair few signs of age beginning to catch up with him, proving his Reckless Abandon outing may have been a one off for the veteran, justifying 21CW’s decision to cut him from their company last year and signalling this is the beginning of a final hurrah for the career heel. Dempsey meanwhile is enjoying the biggest platform of his career and puts on another solid outing and he’s quickly shaping up to be an important mid-carder for the fledgling promotion. In a surprising plot to the proceedings, neither Peyton nor Raynor on the outside factored into the action much, instead allowing the bout to be about the competitors in the ring. Perhaps the focus was to show off Stoat as a legitimate wrestler, not requiring the interference of his lackeys at every turn. In that sense it paid off, and Stoat put an end to Dempsey’s spirited performance with a Super Kick for the win after 10 minutes.

StevieStoat.jpg.58309a80b0e525e76fdca87d59cc614e.jpg

Winner: Stevie Stoat via pinfall.

Immediately after the bell rings, The Assassins’ Guild re-join Stoat in the ring, one handing him his championship belt, the other passing him a microphone.

Stevie Stoat: Cut my music. Alright, now that’s done with, let’s get down to the real business. I’ve heard talk in the back that some people aren’t too happy with my win at Reckless Abandon. Now, I would be offended, but frankly I don’t give a [expletive] about what people think of me. I am the World champion, I run this place. Stefan and Louie here, they recognise my greatness. Which is why they volunteered to be my problem solvers. They are going to handle all whatever little nuisances arise while I focus on keeping this belt where it belongs, around my waist. Anyone who wants to cross us, give it your best shot. But it doesn’t matter who you are or what you try, because if you cross the three of us, you get smoked out.

The crowd raise their hands in the air to the boos of the crowd, when they are interrupted by a sea shanty blasting out of the sound system. The trio turn their gaze to the entrance ramp, where a man saunters out onto the stage, microphone in hand.

HughdeAske.jpg.463e3d9f0120d63bb47abb9a74e6ea01.jpg

Jackie Goldstein: That’s Hugh de Aske!

Melanie Florence: The Dread Pirate from Belgium is here in British Omega Wrestling!

Martin Bloydell: And he’s headed straight for the champion!

Hugh de Aske rolls into the ring, unafraid of confronting the champion and his cohorts.

Hugh de Aske: Ahoy!

The crowd shout ‘ahoy’ back at the newcomer.

Hugh de Aske: Ahoy!

The crowd return the cry.

Hugh de Aske: Ahhhoyyyy!

The crowd give out the chant once again, but before Hugh de Aske can respond, Stoat interrupts.

Stevie Stoat: Who the hell are you?!

Hugh de Aske: I’m Hugh de Aske, b*tch.

There is a breezy 'woah' from the crowd at de Aske's vigour. 

Martin Bloydell: Did he just call the champion a female dog?!

Melanie Florence: No. He called him a b*tch!

Jackie Goldstein: And I’m here for it!

Hugh de Aske: You see matey, being the Dread Pirate, I spend a lot of time sailing the Seven Seas. And while out at sea, I like to keep lookout on what’s going on in the wrestling world. Particularly in the lands of my ancestors. That’s how I found BOW. I saw Reckless Abandon and bucko, what a show it was! Watching the action, I says to myself that I want to be a part of this show. That was until the main event. I was really looking forward to the main event. ‘Pride O’ Britain’ Nate Manchester versus ‘The Smasher’ Stevie Stoat! Only, Stevie Stoat didn’t show up. Instead, an imposter bilge rat was in his place. Sure, the face was the same, well maybe a bit older, a bit fatter, but the man I saw was not Stevie Stoat the scourge of the seven seas I once admired. It wasn’t Stevie Stoat, ‘The Smasher’, it was Stevie Stoat, the rapscallion. Stevie Stoat the landlubber. Stevie Stoat the scallywag!

The crowd join in on the fun, repeatedly chanting ‘Scallywag’ at an irate Stoat.

Hugh de Aske: Of course, with Stevie Stoat the scallywag nothing was above board. Because Stevie Stoat the scallywag had recruited himself a couple of swabs! And so, for Stevie Stoat the scoundrel and his two new swabs, it was all hands-on deck with their nefarious plan to steal the treasure.

de Aske pauses to point at the World title.

Hugh de Aske: That treasure.

The crowd boos at being reminded of Stoat’s underhanded victory to win the belt.

Hugh de Aske: Now being a pirate, I can appreciate the dedication to getting your hands on the loot. But being a pirate, I can smell opportunity when it arises in the crisp, saltwater air. And with Stevie Stoat the scallywag posing as Stevie Stoat ‘The Smasher’, I smell the chance to claim the treasure he holds.

Stevie Stoat: Let me get this straight, you want a shot at my title?

Hugh nods.

Stevie Stoat: No-one just gets a shot at this title. But this is the prime example of what I was talking about earlier. You can have a shot at this title, sure, but only if you beat Louie Peyton here next week. Because as I said, Peyton and Raynor, they’re here to deal with pesky little problems that I don’t have time for. Problems like you.

Hugh de Aske: Oh I am a problem for you scallywag. A big problem.

Hugh de Aske throws the microphone at the feet of the World champion.

Melanie Florence: Wow, what an arrival!

Hugh de Aske’s sea shanty plays once more as he exits the ring to an abundance of cheers.

Martin Bloydell: Hugh de Aske with a huge opportunity next week as he faces Louie Peyton for the right to challenge Stoat for the World title.

Melanie Florence: And also a chance for Peyton to prove his worth to his leader by eliminating the threat!

Martin Bloydell: It sure is. Now during all that hostility, Jackie has managed to sneak to the backstage area, where he is standing with Viper McKenna ahead of her match with Thea Davis.

JackieGoldstein.jpg.2c2810b90ddec1958f8ab3ea34d428db.jpg ViperMcKenna.jpg.690e1321f1aa47ce693cc2ec4bd4a5be.jpg

Jackie Goldstein is stood aside the stoic Viper McKenna, her scowl a complete contradiction to the cheery demeanour of the young ring announcer.

Jackie Goldstein: Viper, tonight you face Thea Davis one on one in what many consider to be a clash of the two best British women’s wrestlers. How are you feeling heading into the match?

Viper McKenna: Let me be clear Jackie, we may be the two best that Britain has to offer, but only one of us is the best. That one is me. It’s not even close. Thea Davis may be the best one day, but that day will only come when I hand it to her by calling it a day. Unfortunately for her, I don’t plan on hanging up these boots anytime soon. So Thea I suggest you stop people from mentioning your name alongside Viper McKenna, because it’s pissing me off. And tonight, I’m going to take that frustration out on you.

McKenna storms off before Jackie Goldstein can respond.

Martin Bloydell: Tense words from Viper McKenna there Melanie, and one must think-

The live feed cuts out to static, before returning in a greyscale filter to what looks to be the derelict, concrete staircase of an abandoned warehouse. Sat on one of the steps is Night Spyder, his cold glare looking directly into the camera. Behind him the long, fishnet stocking covered legs of Laurel Wreath begin to bend until she is crouching beside him, her hand resting on his shoulder. She leans in and whispers something in his ear. Once she finishes, she bites his ear lobe, before also turning to face the camera.

NightSpyder.jpg.d52bc4657839a80a7a1d408f478f6922.jpg LaurelWreath.jpg.5c8aeb4aa85875ca2c4fe5d8e208cf39.jpg

Night Spyder: The careers of the Irish Daredevil and the Gothic Stalker, intertwined for eternity. Both men pushing each other far beyond the limits of normal men, bathing in each other’s blood as they take residence in the deepest, darkest realms of their own twisted minds to punish each other in ways that sicken those of a normal disposition. And then in a surprising twist of fate an unholy union arose from the tendrils of violence. A newfound mutual respect led to the forging of an alliance. And success in this mind’s eye went from destroying you, to empowering you. Such a shame that empowerment went unreciprocated. Instead, all that siding with you brought me was seeing you be presented with unearned opportunities from beside you rather than opposite you. When we were shades of light and dark, your undeserved successes fuelled the fiery rage within me. But as your partner I thought things would be different, I thought you would make me rise with you. More fool the stalker who doesn’t fully appreciate his muse. Seeing you presented with the opportunity to come to this new house and shape it in your design, that was the final straw. From foe to friend, and full circle we come once again. This time I do not allow you this opportunity Matthew Macks. The Devil on my shoulder has whispered so softly into my ear. She wants me to take this opportunity from you. For this time, it shall be mine.

The feed turns to static once again before returning to the arena.

Match Two:

JKLee.jpg.d630b61ee9fca25f1e9a14be0142ee0a.jpg vs.jpg.f83c29832e4d87a8a6761345c78d0803.jpg BaliDaljit.jpg.a0a195f2c3ac50061c06b3113645d77c.jpg

JK Lee vs Bali Daljit

Both Lee and Daljit were looking to rebound from their disappointing night at Reckless Abandon, with JK Lee coming close to winning the battle royal and Daljit bested by Walker van Cleer. Lee was quickest out of the gate here, controlling the pace of the match by keeping Bali grounded, stopping him from using his speed to gain a foothold in the combat. Eventually Daljit was able to hit a snap suplex by countering Lee’s own attempt at the same move, allowing him to up the ante as the crowd began to rally behind him. A nice-looking springboard dropkick impressed the audience, and Dali found himself in full control of the match. Lee used the rulebook to frustrate Bali and the fans, halting his opponent’s momentum on several instances by rolling out of the ring or protecting himself within the out of bounds confines of the ring ropes. An irate Daljit was suckered in, taking the bait as he tried to pull JK Lee back into the ring from the apron. Lee countered with a northern lights suplex, and once again cooled the tempo of the bout to his methodical approach. An attempt to lock in his Crossface gave Daljit the opening to reverse and start one final burst of energy, hitting Lee with a flurry of strikes before landing a neck breaker and heading to the top rope. He jumped off for his Shooting Star Press, but mirroring Reckless Abandon, JK Lee was able to avoid the impact and instead locked in his Crossface, leaving Daljit with no choice but to submit after a 10 minute match that got the crowd buzzing.

JKLee.jpg.d630b61ee9fca25f1e9a14be0142ee0a.jpg

Winner: JK Lee via submission.

Martin Bloydell: A huge win for JK Lee here tonight, forcing Daljit to tap out to his signature Crossface.

Melanie Florence: With a win like that, Lee has thrust himself into the limelight here in BOW and must be excited about his prospects moving forward.

JK Lee walks the entrance ramp, arm aloft in victory, when suddenly his music is cut in favour of Gram Gorman’s.

JKLee.jpg.d630b61ee9fca25f1e9a14be0142ee0a.jpg GramGorman.jpg.32327ecf17c4dc1d244e317b02c578de.jpg

Gorman marches to the ring, his typical no-nonsense expression and almost trademark lack of smile. He crosses JK Lee, who’s body language shows how irate he is at having his celebration cut short. The two exchange a tense stare before Gorman continues.

Martin Bloydell: A stand off between Lee and Gorman there between matches, I wonder what Gorman’s intention was here, interrupting Lee after his victory.

Melanie Florence: I’m not sure Martin, maybe production is trying to speed things up and get back to the anticipated timeline after Stoat’s enforced last-minute change to the schedule earlier tonight?

Martin Bloydell: Who knows Melanie, but looking at Lee, he’s certainly taking offence to the perceived lack of respect.

Match Three:

GramGorman.jpg.32327ecf17c4dc1d244e317b02c578de.jpg vs.jpg.f83c29832e4d87a8a6761345c78d0803.jpg JermaineGranger.jpg.3d7187317960f61117646a68ab56a2ef.jpg

Though not an entirely one-sided affair, Gram Gorman dominated much of this match, his experience and versatility being too much for the rookie Granger to handle. The youngster did get to show flashes of his potential, rocking his competition with impressive looking dropkicks and rolling him with a few compact back suplexes. The resilient Gorman withstood the spurts of pressure every time, putting Granger through a baptism of fire with an array of stiff chops and headbutts that left Granger’s chest covered in swaths of bruises. A muscle buster positioned Granger perfectly for Gorman to climb the turnbuckle and hit his Gorman-Aghast twisting senton for the win.

GramGorman.jpg.32327ecf17c4dc1d244e317b02c578de.jpg

Winner: Gram Gorman via pinfall.

Martin Bloydell: Another day at the office for Gorman here tonight, barely cracking a smile as referee Humphrey Woolsey raises his arm in victory. Melanie Florence is heading backstage to speak with Royal Air Force, but before that let’s look back at the outcome of the all-important World championship match at Reckless Abandon.

Martin Bloydell and Jackie Goldstein run through a recap video of the match between Nate Manchester and Stevie Stoat, particularly the finish in which The Assassins’ Guild team of Stefan Raynor and Louie Peyton cost Manchester the match, while disguised as Royal Air Force.

MelanieFlorence.jpg.7b23aaa95060ccf09da1d56e938df5c2.jpg JonMichaelSharp.jpg.6878f12c8f0c1693c4e26977d699994b.jpg MartinHeath.jpg.af8c94bfcf633b3ff250a658a878243c.jpg

Melanie Florence: Jon, Martin, you’ve requested this time to discuss the actions of The Assassins’ Guild at the end of Reckless Abandon, in which they helped Stevie Stoat defeat your close friend Nate Manchester in the world title match. What exactly do you want to say?

Jon Michael Sharp: I’ll get right to the point Mel, we’re angry. We are angry and so is Nate. Angry that The Assassins’ Guild were able to jump us, steal the clothes off our backs and trick the world into thinking that we would ever betray our friend. And now, thanks to them, a coward wears the crown!

Martin Heath: We aren’t for hire like Peyton and Raynor, our loyalty runs much deeper than to serve the highest bidder. Alongside Manchester we are the Three Lions, our bond is our pack. And when Nate returns next week, we begin our hunt for vengeance…

In another area backstage, Clubber Kohl breaths heavily, his mouth practically foaming as his unblinking eyes stare right down the camera lens. Beside him Eva Berlin grimaces as if chewing a wasp.

ClubberKohl.jpg.91e24e1c7a0609bcef7b8a418ac8894f.jpg EvaBerlin.jpg.a6a404475f2c0ea68a3af45c51049432.jpg

Eva Berlin: I must keep the War Dog on a short leash. Not for my safety, but for everyone else’s. He is an angry beast, wildly violent when given the chance. Right now, he is angrier, hungrier, and more violent than ever. I guarantee that no-one is safe, because when Kohl is angry, you should be afraid. Especially as I just let him off the leash.

Kohl lunges out, screaming in rage as he swipes at the camera, sending it to the floor and the feed is lost.

Jackie Goldstein: Wow a lot to unpack there!

Martin Bloydell: First Royal Air Force promise vengeance, and then Eva Berlin promises violence at the hands of a very angry Clubber Kohl.

Jackie Goldstein: Things sure are heating up in BOW, and I would hate to be the man who stands in the way of the War Dog!

Martin Bloydell: I completely agree Jackie, but it’s time for you to go and introduce the next match, starting with the man who was able to beat Kohl at Reckless Abandon, Landon Mallory.

Match 4:

LandonMallory.jpg.512e288bafa9b34673516c5ea4f42a70.jpg vs.jpg.f83c29832e4d87a8a6761345c78d0803.jpg ColinPicalo.jpg.235fa8220a809b77245a872a71c7222c.jpg

The second match of the night to descend into a chaotic brawl, this match proved to be the bout of the night yet, as Mallory, who is quickly becoming an important figure in this company, took on Colin Picalo, a man whose toughness is perhaps overlooked due to his small stature. Despite preconceptions, the Norwich-born Hooligan is a former amateur boxer, and those skills came in good stead for him in this exchange of hard shots. This match wasn’t a technical affair, but instead earned its plaudits through both competitors willing to wallop and welt one another. Picalo opted to focus his shots on the midsection of the taller Mallory, targeting his ribs to cut him down to size. After equalling the height problem, Picalo offered a stiff elbow to the side of the Springbok’s head that left him dazed. You got the sense that one final strike for Picalo could be the difference maker, but that final blow eluded him, as Mallory fought back into the match through sheer will to land his Springbok Ram headbutt for the pinfall. This was a brilliant match for the company in their short tenure, with the Reckless Abandon World title match being the only one better so far. And even then, it’s a tight call.

LandonMallory.jpg.512e288bafa9b34673516c5ea4f42a70.jpg

Winner: Landon Mallory via pinfall.

Jackie Goldstein: Mallory with his second victory here in BOW, remaining undefeated in his early career here.

Martin Bloydell: It wasn’t easy by any means, but he showed his determination to grind out the result against a dogged Colin Picalo tonight.

As Landon Mallory celebrates on the top rope, he stops raising his arm aloft to move his hands round his waist, motioning the placement of a title belt.

Melanie Florence: Wow, Mallory not being shy about his intentions here. If we needed any indication as to what Mallory is aiming for, well this couldn’t have been clearer!

In the backstage area Walker van Cleer watches Mallory’s celebration on a monitor. He shakes his head with disproval before walking away.

A complete contrast to the dark and dreary stairwell inhabited by Night Spyder and Laurel Wreath earlier, this time a room pure in church white appears on screen. In the middle of the room stands a man, his back to the camera. He stands straight and tall, wearing a crisp white suit, with long, platinum hair draping over his shoulders.

???: Darkness rears its head from the breast of evil from which it feeds, to seep through from the crevices of the underworld in order to poison our own. Jealousy doth madden the minds of men, but when it manages to claim a soul already as tainted as yours be, it threatens to unleash a demon. I see you Night Spyder.

The man turns to face the camera, his face half covered in a pure-white, phantom-of-the-opera-esque mask. He is Brilliant White.

BrilliantWhite.jpg.cf2d4f8b49433d917c2982e7c531978b.jpg

Brilliant White: And it is my job to stop you. Next week, I blind the darkness with the light.

MartinBloydell.jpg.030f0180bbdc15f156dff10d74389ebf.jpg TheaDavis.jpg.7ce793c124a68a0692cc7a29adb6de7a.jpg

Martin Bloydell: Folks I am joined at this time by Thea Davis, who will face Viper McKenna in just a few moments time. Thea, earlier tonight we heard from McKenna, what do you think about what she had to say?

Thea Davis: Well Martin, let me start of by saying she’s right. Me and her are the two best women in British wrestling today. But she’s wrong to think that I am a distant second. If that’s what she thinks, then she’s in for a shock later tonight. Viper you say people need to stop mentioning my name alongside yours. Well tonight after I beat you, they will only be saying one name. Mine.

Davis walks off, energised for her upcoming match.

Martin Bloydell: Thea Davis there, ready for her upcoming match, I’ll meet you back at the broadcast desk-

???: Excuse me just one second.

FinkFinkleton.jpg.9826fdc58fdeb69c79b6d60abb3bded8.jpg

A bald man dressed in a sharp suit walks into the frame. He points to the microphone in Bloydell’s hand.

???: Can I borrow that if you would be so kind?

A tentative Martin Bloydell hands his microphone over to the man.

???: Yeah, you can go now.

The man pushes Martin Bloydell out of the shot.

Fink Finkleton: or those of you who don’t know me, my name is Fink Finkleton. Modest as I may be, some people like to call me the slick savant. An astute businessman with a nose that can sniff out opportunity from a mile away, I have come to BOW because unlike all the other talentless hacks around these parts I know potential when I see it. And at Reckless Abandon, I saw great potential in not one, but two men, two great wrestlers. So I offered them my services. And now here I am. Boys, why don’t you come and join me?

Finkleton is joined by Pavel Vanzycha and Nigel Svensson by his side.

NigelSvensson.jpg.95a2cd498f28c517da230c039528c062.jpg PavelVanzycha.jpg.e016d76a294821c083c01fbd87cef81f.jpg

Fink Finkleton: Meet the newest tag team who, under my guidance, will dominate the BOW tag team division for as long as we want. Starting next week.

Jackie Goldstein: Things in BOW getting hotter by the second!

Martin Bloydell: Yeah, it’s just a shame that jerk had to show up and spoil it all at the end there.

Melanie Florence: Jerk? It looked like you had made a new friend from where I’m sitting.

Martin Bloydell: Oh please. Anyway, let’s not dwell on the arrival of Finkleton, because up next we have the highly anticipated match between the two best that Britain have to offer, as Viper McKenna and Thea Davis go one on one!

Match Five:

TheaDavis.jpg.7ce793c124a68a0692cc7a29adb6de7a.jpg vs.jpg.f83c29832e4d87a8a6761345c78d0803.jpg ViperMcKenna.jpg.690e1321f1aa47ce693cc2ec4bd4a5be.jpg

Unfortunately for all the hype in the build up to this match, the two women failed to deliver a performance beyond distinctly average. Perhaps misguided in an attempt to highlight on the storytelling of their important encounter, focusing on the in-ring action may have yielded better results. Matters weren’t helped by the fact that Viper McKenna is well past her prime at this late stage of her career, and despite her saying otherwise earlier in the night, retirement may well be a reality sooner rather than later. Still, there was a few good moments in this match, and Davis’ match winning Flying Elbow Drop will always be a thing of beauty, regardless of how non-descript the action that came before it might be. Her victory was the right choice here, as she is undoubtedly the premier babyface of this fledgling women’s division. Matches against her career rivals in Zofia Jankovic and Karen Bilous will do more to earn her the adulation of fans though.

TheaDavis.jpg.7ce793c124a68a0692cc7a29adb6de7a.jpg

Winner: Thea Davis by pinfall.

Martin Bloydell: Thea Davis with an important victory here tonight, giving her the bragging rights over McKenna.

Jackie Goldstein: Davis may have won tonight, but don’t think for a second that The Viper is going to take this defeat well, I’d hate to be in her sights after this setback.

Mo Adebola stands backstage with his two clients, The Northern Lights, stood either side of him.

AltonVicious.jpg.757f255f1ae8a48f7e3b1aa4f07c11b3.jpg MoAdebola.jpg.c3f411f5310b6ca4a57100d6c05ffcf9.jpg RiddickJordan.jpg.205756bd7489e1dc96037dd6e0012a4c.jpg

Mo Adebola: At Reckless Abandon, under my instruction, my clients Alton and Riddick here, they attacked Eric Future and Petey Barnes. Why did I tell them to do this? To prove that they could. Not to me, I already knew what they were capable of. I wouldn’t represent them if I didn’t. They attacked Future X to show you all what they can do. So that when I stand here and tell you how they are violent offenders who enjoy little more than desecrating the ring mat with the blood of their enemies, defiling the arena with their merciless brutality, and decimating their opponents without remorse, you believe me. The Northern Lights destroy their opponents because they can. They will claim the tag team titles because they want to.

Dunton Hall sits at a desk in an office backstage.

DuntonHall.jpg.4270f52c3d1d489a2f734ab1fd5bb028.jpg

Dunton Hall: Ladies and gentlemen earlier this evening I was due to address you all regarding some substantial proceedings here in British Omega Wrestling. Unfortunately, due to the actions of the BOW World champion Stevie Stoat I was unable to conduct this announcement. So I want to take the time now to inform you about the upcoming BOW Tag Team Championship tournament. Eight teams will compete in an elimination tournament, with the finals of this tournament taking place on the second Saturday of March, at our next premier event, For Whom The Bell Tolls. Furthermore, this will not be the only championship introduced at the event. When I founded BOW, I promised that this would be a wrestling promotion for wrestling fans. And as such, I believe we need a championship that honours good, pure wrestling. So at For Whom The Bell Tolls there will be a four-way, one fall match for the new British Omega Wrestling Honour championship. After his victory in the ‘Showcase’ battle royal, Konrad Makinen has earned a spot in this match. So too have Merle O’Curle and Padraig O’Hearne for their victories at the same event. These three men will compete for the pride of being crowned the first ever Honour champion thanks to the strength they showed during their matches. But there are many ways to show Honour, not just strength, but also resilience. A man can prove how honourable he is by overcoming adversity, by getting back up to fight after being knocked down. So the fourth challenger will be decided next week in a second chance for the men beaten by O’Curle and O’Hearne at Reckless Abandon, Christian Blithe and Lenny Mochin. Now, best of luck to both The Shooters and Ward and Owen, may the best team win.

Martin Bloydell: A huge announcement from Dunton Hall there!

Melanie Florence: And what a match that will be at Reckless Abandon! Merle O’Curle, Konrad Makinen and Padraig O’Hearne are all tremendous wrestlers, as are both Blithe and Mochin. Whoever raises that title will make a fine first champion.

Jackie Goldstein: Don’t forget about the Tag Team Championships too, and could one of these two teams be in the running to lift those titles at For Whom The Bell Tolls?

Match Six:

BillyRobinson.jpg.4cd758379e22cbc8e99527d65b58a0df.jpgDonHenderson.jpg.d53e8855bdaf32f15cb233d8638a12db.jpg vs.jpg.f83c29832e4d87a8a6761345c78d0803.jpg GavinOwen.jpg.edb9a3c49f7e18e0e9a3291515f41daf.jpgGlenWard.jpg.63eae774dcfcfdf94714f1a6b03fc4f0.jpg

BOW Tag Team Championship Tournament Quarter Finals:

Save the best ‘til last, as the old adage goes. Many will argue this was the case for BOW tonight, with the tag team main event being a great bout to close out the show. If you asked 100 fans which was better, this or the Mallory vs Picalo match earlier tonight, the split would be 50-50. Throw the Stevie Stoat and Nate Manchester Reckless Abandon title match into the mix for the best BOW match of their short history, and it will be 33 votes apiece with one smart man who refuses to choose. One thing all will agree on is that this one was by far the best from a technical point of view. The Shooters were great technicians when they were last a team a decade ago, now they are brilliant ones. Ward and Owen both have legitimate credentials in judo, and their stature (or rather lack thereof) is not befitting of their ability between the ropes. They certainly looked to prove as such tonight, taking the early advantage in this bout by overpowering Billy Robinson with slick throws and quick tags, cutting down the ROF alumni as soon as he showed signs of fighting back. Dunton Hall spoke about resilience before this match, and it was Robinson’s ability to display such a feat that allowed the tides to turn in this competition, evading a leg sweep from Gavin Owen to tag in his partner. Henderson took down both his opponents with shoulder blocks before creating division amongst them when he threw Ward from the ring and locked Owen in his Scottish Deathlock. Right at the second Owen looked like he would tap, Ward regained his composure to break the hold and regain the advantage for the heel duo. They even managed to lock the Scot in a web of submissions, Ward with his Judo Choke-Sleeper and Owen with a leglock, but Donny boy was close enough to desperately grab a fistful of rope to force them to break the hold. Not only did this give him hope, but the crowd too, who were eating up the action at this point. A spirited fight back from Henderson and a second hot tag of the night allowed Robinson to re-enter the match, bringing the house down as he did so. Sending Ward over the top rope with a clothesline, he caught Owen and locked in the Capital City Crucifix, earning huge cheers from the capital city crowd. With the excruciating hold cinched in, dead centre of the ring, Owen tapped out and The Shooters advance to the semi-finals.

BillyRobinson.jpg.4cd758379e22cbc8e99527d65b58a0df.jpgDonHenderson.jpg.d53e8855bdaf32f15cb233d8638a12db.jpg

Winners: The Shooters via submission.

Martin Bloydell: The Shooters win, The Shooters win! They are the first team to qualify for the semi-finals, but who awaits them?

The tournament brackets appear on the entrance screen as The Shooters celebrate their victory in front of the crowd as the broadcast ends.

BOWTagChampionshipTournamentWeek1.thumb.jpg.910ba77825af2a2033e53d27124a2b61.jpg

• Like 3

So with the debut event and debut episode of the TV show in the history books, I thought I would give a bit of an insight into my thought process behind this diary, and answer a few of the questions that have come up since I started.

In terms of the game world set up, I have essentially used the default database, save for a few changes that I have made along the way over the years. Much of this doesn't impact this particular save, such as having added a women's division to a couple of companies in the USA and the COTT division. I have expanded the active areas of workers in Europe/British Isles to provide more of a crossover, including some of the workers in the BOW roster (though not all, some I have convinced during negotiations - particularly the workers from the Oceania region as I haven't given them a natural crossover to work in the British Isles region). 

The company started with a flat 50 popularity across all of the regions in Britain. I wanted the company to start small, but with enough of a following to reflect the hype of the new company starting, and the character of Dunton Hall (who himself starts with ~42 popularity across the UK). The formation of AEW a few years back is (somewhat) an inspiration for the story, with similarities between Hall and Khan in being very wealthy wrestling fans able to start their companies at a national level. They ideally start with a comparable style in so much as wanting to be a wrestling first, but still entertaining, company. (Whether AEW still meets this is a debate for another time and place!) Mainstream to a point but with any of the Sports Entertainment tropes being a supplement to the wrestling action, rather than taking precedence over it. Naturally, the product is Wrestling Nerd Nirvana, which requires three specific match types per show, a Steal the Show match, a Storytelling match, and one of either a Wild Brawl, Car Crash or Mayhem - I tend to lean towards a Wild Brawl but my booking style is to specify a match type for most of my matches, whether required or not by the product, so I usually meet the requirements without behest anyway, as well as adding other match styles in, notably technical masterclass once my workers are over enough to avoid the overexposure penalty. Speaking of which, no workers have had their popularity altered, so many of them can't feature on shows for longer than 15 minutes, though for some unknown reason I don't seem to get a penalty for matches between two unimportant workers - I don't know why this is as I don't believe I've turned off any settings to allow this, so my thought process is that maybe a new company (BOW is set to debut January 2020 in the editor) gets a period of grace for this? If anyone knows the reason why I'd be interested to know...

BOW are based in the Southern England region, which may cause some problems with 21CW also being based there if/when BOW rises in size, so that could be an interesting thread down the road. I don't anticipate 'going to war' with them to replicate a WWE/WCW or WWE/AEW war in C-Verse Britain, but if the game naturally goes in that direction then I'm not opposed to it either. Both companies certainly won't be enjoying an alliance either though. I'm open to creating alliances with other smaller companies, should they fit the story. If BOW grows I may look to set up arrangements with CWW, UEW and/or VWA - given a lot of my roster comes from these companies, it would be beneficial to get in their good graces.

All workers that have been signed are on non-exclusive written deals for one year. Over time with size rises, I see this changing to exclusive deals, at least for the top stars on the roster, if/when BOW rises to Medium. I wanted to allow the younger/inexperienced workers to remain working for the smaller promotions to keep improving, plus with no house shows running it makes sense that they would work elsewhere when not booked on TV or for an event. Speaking of which, I have a large roster, but some of those signed are there to gain familiarity working with them (in-game), watching their progress, and they are essentially currently viewed as enhancement talent signed to deals. I'm sure the positioning of many workers is starting to become clear in the shows, but over time it should be obvious enough.

When setting up companies, I like to divide them into specific divisions, based around whatever titles are in the company. There is always a 'Main Event' division for the World/primary title, and a Tag Team division. Speaking of tag teams, I prefer that division to be made up of dedicated tandems, rather than two individual workers who occasionally team. Obviously the Women's division is a third division. The image I have for BOW is the undercard being split into two separate divisions, the 'Honour Championship' division that is intended to resemble something of a 'pure' division, and a [Spoiler alert] 'Hardcore Championship' division, that is self-explanatory. This is how I separate my roster, which worker fits in which space, with usually around 5 or 6 faces and heels per division, therefore ~10/12 workers per 'division'. Hence the large roster when you consider that I prefer tag team workers to be loosely in that division only. That said, in terms of kayfabe I work the complete opposite, and don't think wrestlers should be assigned to a division in a company on-screen, so in theory any worker can vie for any title (save for gender restrictions). If a worker gains enough popularity and momentum (again in kayfabe) to pursue the World title, they shouldn't be restricted to do so because they're considered a 'Hardcore' guy, for example. 

With incoming workers, I don't foresee many new signings, and I don't intend to fill my roster with workers that leave 21CW either. That said, there are three in particular that I want to sign when their contracts expire, should they be given up by the company. I may look at others if they aren't renewed by 21CW and I come up with solid plans for them, but other than that I'll try to avoid needlessly signing 21CW alumni just for the popularity boost.

I actually ran an original version of this save a few months ago, with the intention of creating this diary, but I got carried away enjoying the game and ended up playing over a whole year in-game and the thought of going back to write up an entire years worth of shows was too much. I'm being much stricter this time around, not allowing myself to play past the a show until I've written up the previous one, so things may go a bit slower than I'd like, but it's well worth it to create this diary. In terms of write-ups, angles will usually be written in full, but matches will almost always be dirt sheet-esque reviews. Wrestling is very much a visual art, I don't think that writing a beat by beat breakdown of the match is fun reading really, certainly not for every match at least. Instead, I may toy with writing certain important matches differently, but this will likely be big blow-off or title matches at events. Two notes from this; 1. Battle royals are an exception to the rule, I think these can be fun to read 'as they happen' due to eliminations etc, but write-ups on these will predominantly focus on the eliminations and entrances (if a Royal Rumble/lottery style battle royal) and not an entire match write-up. 2. Events will be taking place on a ~6 week basis, unless things change. I find that every month leads to a lot of pointless/repetitive matches that water down events as a whole. The plus side to this is it allows for more meaningful title matches on the TV show, more space/time to let storylines play out, and more gravitas to the event matches. I like to stay in the confides of the game as much as possible, and so with BOW currently airing both television and events on the internet subscription based GBTV Sport, I'm not 'convincing' fans to purchase a specific pay-per-view, giving me leeway with events, at least until BOW moves to a pay-per-view broadcaster for their events, if they do. 

Apologies for the long text with little structure to it, I was writing things as they came to me that I felt pertinent to explain. I like seeing behind the curtain in diaries in terms of both the game world database set up and the writer's intentions, it adds to the interest in a diary for me personally. Of course most, if not all, of the above is adaptable and open to change as the game progresses, it may be that Dunton Hall / I am forced to shake things up.

• Like 3

After the first episode of BOW Night Of Wrestling, the prediction scores are as follows:

@Charasmatic Enigma - 6/6

@KyTeran - 6/6

@DAVEFAN95 - 5/6

@John Lions - 5/6

@HiPlus - 4/6

There is still plenty of time for anyone else to join, with the next premium event (PPV) not happening until Saturday Week 2 March, so don't feel discouraged if you want to join in the guesses!

Here is the match card for the next TV Show:

BOW Night Of Wrestling #2:

Wednesday, Week 2, February 2020

Match Card:

Hugh de Aske vs Louie Peyton w/Stefan Raynor
If Hugh de Aske wins, he gets a BOW World title shot against Stevie Stoat
Comments:

The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan) vs A Pair Of Aces (Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard)
Comments:

Christian Blithe vs Lenny Mochin
The winner will participate in the BOW Honour Championship four-way match at For Whom The Bell Tolls
Comments:

Hardcore Match:
Brilliant White vs Night Spyder
Comments:

Vanzycha & Svensson (Pavel Vanzycha & Nigel Svensson) vs School Of Wrestling (Aurelian Bradley & Wes Stryker)
Comments:

Gordon Leve vs Walker van Cleer
Comments:

Comments: Good way to set up Stoat's next challenger

The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan) vs A Pair Of Aces (Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard)
Comments: I feel that the attack on Future X will result in a confrontation in finals.

The winner will participate in the BOW Honour Championship four-way match at For Whom The Bell Tolls
Comments: I feel like Christian may have more upside than Lenny.

Hardcore Match:
Comments: I like both guys, but I feel that Brillant Light will fail to defeat the darkness

Vanzycha & Svensson (Pavel Vanzycha & Nigel Svensson) vs School Of Wrestling (Aurelian Bradley & Wes Stryker)
Comments:  Not sure who to go for here, so I'll give it to Pavel and Nigel.

Comments: Feel like I have to make up for my mistake from last time when I said that Walker was a tag guy

• Like 1

Comments: Seems pretty cut and dry

Comments: I'm a big Northern Lights guy, hope they take the whole thing.

Comments: I could see this going the other way, if you want some international flair in the first Honour title match, but Lenny Mochin is a pretty established British wrestler in his prime, and I think at the current stage of his career a midcard title scene is the perfect place for him. Blithe is great but needs some seasoning.

Hardcore Match:
Comments: Continue to build towards his feud with Macks

Comments: Pavel and Nigel are such a no-brainer team up, they are perfect for each other and should rocket up your tag division.

Comments: Landon Mallory is always the guy singled out as the next big breakout star from the European scene for obvious reasons, but I think WVC is right up there with him. He's in his prime, he's a great wrestler, great entertainer, great star quality. He's not the "ace" but at this stage of his career he's damn good.

• Like 1

Hugh de Aske vs Louie Peyton w/Stefan Raynor
Comments: Yeah, this isn't a question really.

The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan) vs A Pair Of Aces (Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard)
Comments: Taypen and Buzzard are pretty good but Northern Lights are pretty much the pinnacle of the UK scene

Christian Blithe vs Lenny Mochin
Comments: I'll take Mochin. Blithe probably isn't over enough yet

Brilliant White vs Night Spyder
Comments: This is my own personal preference

Vanzycha & Svensson (Pavel Vanzycha & Nigel Svensson) vs School Of Wrestling (Aurelian Bradley & Wes Stryker)
Comments: Think this is an obvious one

Gordon Leve vs Walker van Cleer
Comments: Gordon Leve is a midcarder at best.

• Like 1

CzHugh de Aske vs Louie Peyton w/Stefan Raynor
Comments: I think they drag it out a little longer before Hugh is officially the man taking on Stoat next. Some shenanigans so he ends up losing his chance for now.

BOW Tag Team Championship Tournament Quarter Finals:
Comments:

Comments: Hopefully Blithe wins here, though I don't see him getting the title. 

Hardcore Match:
Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

I also really enjoyed the behind the curtain look at booking. the depth of it all was good, and I agree with the 6 weeks premium events purely to not dilute the product. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, azzak said:

Speaking of which, no workers have had their popularity altered, so many of them can't feature on shows for longer than 15 minutes, though for some unknown reason I don't seem to get a penalty for matches between two unimportant workers - I don't know why this is as I don't believe I've turned off any settings to allow this, so my thought process is that maybe a new company (BOW is set to debut January 2020 in the editor) gets a period of grace for this? If anyone knows the reason why I'd be interested to know...

Great write up - to this point, I had this exact same thing happen. I can't remember exactly because it was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure it's because you are small. I think the unimportant worker penalty started kicking in once I hit Medium size.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Lions said:

Great write up - to this point, I had this exact same thing happen. I can't remember exactly because it was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure it's because you are small. I think the unimportant worker penalty started kicking in once I hit Medium size.

Ah sure, I can see why size would be the case - luckily I'm not anticipating getting up to medium before enough workers have risen above the unimportant level.

12 hours ago, azzak said:

So with the debut event and debut episode of the TV show in the history books, I thought I would give a bit of an insight into my thought process behind this diary, and answer a few of the questions that have come up since I started.

In terms of the game world set up, I have essentially used the default database, save for a few changes that I have made along the way over the years. Much of this doesn't impact this particular save, such as having added a women's division to a couple of companies in the USA and the COTT division. I have expanded the active areas of workers in Europe/British Isles to provide more of a crossover, including some of the workers in the BOW roster (though not all, some I have convinced during negotiations - particularly the workers from the Oceania region as I haven't given them a natural crossover to work in the British Isles region). 

The company started with a flat 50 popularity across all of the regions in Britain. I wanted the company to start small, but with enough of a following to reflect the hype of the new company starting, and the character of Dunton Hall (who himself starts with ~42 popularity across the UK). The formation of AEW a few years back is (somewhat) an inspiration for the story, with similarities between Hall and Khan in being very wealthy wrestling fans able to start their companies at a national level. They ideally start with a comparable style in so much as wanting to be a wrestling first, but still entertaining, company. (Whether AEW still meets this is a debate for another time and place!) Mainstream to a point but with any of the Sports Entertainment tropes being a supplement to the wrestling action, rather than taking precedence over it. Naturally, the product is Wrestling Nerd Nirvana, which requires three specific match types per show, a Steal the Show match, a Storytelling match, and one of either a Wild Brawl, Car Crash or Mayhem - I tend to lean towards a Wild Brawl but my booking style is to specify a match type for most of my matches, whether required or not by the product, so I usually meet the requirements without behest anyway, as well as adding other match styles in, notably technical masterclass once my workers are over enough to avoid the overexposure penalty. Speaking of which, no workers have had their popularity altered, so many of them can't feature on shows for longer than 15 minutes, though for some unknown reason I don't seem to get a penalty for matches between two unimportant workers - I don't know why this is as I don't believe I've turned off any settings to allow this, so my thought process is that maybe a new company (BOW is set to debut January 2020 in the editor) gets a period of grace for this? If anyone knows the reason why I'd be interested to know...

BOW are based in the Southern England region, which may cause some problems with 21CW also being based there if/when BOW rises in size, so that could be an interesting thread down the road. I don't anticipate 'going to war' with them to replicate a WWE/WCW or WWE/AEW war in C-Verse Britain, but if the game naturally goes in that direction then I'm not opposed to it either. Both companies certainly won't be enjoying an alliance either though. I'm open to creating alliances with other smaller companies, should they fit the story. If BOW grows I may look to set up arrangements with CWW, UEW and/or VWA - given a lot of my roster comes from these companies, it would be beneficial to get in their good graces.

All workers that have been signed are on non-exclusive written deals for one year. Over time with size rises, I see this changing to exclusive deals, at least for the top stars on the roster, if/when BOW rises to Medium. I wanted to allow the younger/inexperienced workers to remain working for the smaller promotions to keep improving, plus with no house shows running it makes sense that they would work elsewhere when not booked on TV or for an event. Speaking of which, I have a large roster, but some of those signed are there to gain familiarity working with them (in-game), watching their progress, and they are essentially currently viewed as enhancement talent signed to deals. I'm sure the positioning of many workers is starting to become clear in the shows, but over time it should be obvious enough.

When setting up companies, I like to divide them into specific divisions, based around whatever titles are in the company. There is always a 'Main Event' division for the World/primary title, and a Tag Team division. Speaking of tag teams, I prefer that division to be made up of dedicated tandems, rather than two individual workers who occasionally team. Obviously the Women's division is a third division. The image I have for BOW is the undercard being split into two separate divisions, the 'Honour Championship' division that is intended to resemble something of a 'pure' division, and a [Spoiler alert] 'Hardcore Championship' division, that is self-explanatory. This is how I separate my roster, which worker fits in which space, with usually around 5 or 6 faces and heels per division, therefore ~10/12 workers per 'division'. Hence the large roster when you consider that I prefer tag team workers to be loosely in that division only. That said, in terms of kayfabe I work the complete opposite, and don't think wrestlers should be assigned to a division in a company on-screen, so in theory any worker can vie for any title (save for gender restrictions). If a worker gains enough popularity and momentum (again in kayfabe) to pursue the World title, they shouldn't be restricted to do so because they're considered a 'Hardcore' guy, for example. 

With incoming workers, I don't foresee many new signings, and I don't intend to fill my roster with workers that leave 21CW either. That said, there are three in particular that I want to sign when their contracts expire, should they be given up by the company. I may look at others if they aren't renewed by 21CW and I come up with solid plans for them, but other than that I'll try to avoid needlessly signing 21CW alumni just for the popularity boost.

I actually ran an original version of this save a few months ago, with the intention of creating this diary, but I got carried away enjoying the game and ended up playing over a whole year in-game and the thought of going back to write up an entire years worth of shows was too much. I'm being much stricter this time around, not allowing myself to play past the a show until I've written up the previous one, so things may go a bit slower than I'd like, but it's well worth it to create this diary. In terms of write-ups, angles will usually be written in full, but matches will almost always be dirt sheet-esque reviews. Wrestling is very much a visual art, I don't think that writing a beat by beat breakdown of the match is fun reading really, certainly not for every match at least. Instead, I may toy with writing certain important matches differently, but this will likely be big blow-off or title matches at events. Two notes from this; 1. Battle royals are an exception to the rule, I think these can be fun to read 'as they happen' due to eliminations etc, but write-ups on these will predominantly focus on the eliminations and entrances (if a Royal Rumble/lottery style battle royal) and not an entire match write-up. 2. Events will be taking place on a ~6 week basis, unless things change. I find that every month leads to a lot of pointless/repetitive matches that water down events as a whole. The plus side to this is it allows for more meaningful title matches on the TV show, more space/time to let storylines play out, and more gravitas to the event matches. I like to stay in the confides of the game as much as possible, and so with BOW currently airing both television and events on the internet subscription based GBTV Sport, I'm not 'convincing' fans to purchase a specific pay-per-view, giving me leeway with events, at least until BOW moves to a pay-per-view broadcaster for their events, if they do. 

Apologies for the long text with little structure to it, I was writing things as they came to me that I felt pertinent to explain. I like seeing behind the curtain in diaries in terms of both the game world database set up and the writer's intentions, it adds to the interest in a diary for me personally. Of course most, if not all, of the above is adaptable and open to change as the game progresses, it may be that Dunton Hall / I am forced to shake things up.

I'd be interested to know what sort of ratings your shows are getting in game? I toyed with a Dunton Hall backed Medium sized company to challenge 21CW before settling on my NWF save. The issue I had with that game was I was struggling to consistently get 50+ rated TV shows with the workers available at the start of the save. Just wondering if you were seeing the same issues?, although having no penalties for unimportant workers may help with this somewhat.

• Like 1

Match Card:

Comments: Hugh seems to be set up as the next guy to face Stoat. I was interested to see who would follow Manchester as challenger, as the cupboards are a bit thin on faces over enough to challenge for the main belt. I think Aske is a good option, he's talented enough that he may be able to drag an aging Stoat to a decent match and the pop he starts with in the UK means in game he makes sense as a challenger.

Comments: You've paired The Northern Lights with my man Mo Adebola, so they look like they're being set up for success.

Comments: Lenny fits the Honour scene well, so could see him getting the nod here.

Hardcore Match:
Comments: He has a cool mask and is probably more over at game start

Comments: Svensson's always been one of my favourites, so I'll go for his team

Comments: Walker probably has more upside, and could be a real player down the line

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Charasmatic Enigma said:

I'd be interested to know what sort of ratings your shows are getting in game? I toyed with a Dunton Hall backed Medium sized company to challenge 21CW before settling on my NWF save. The issue I had with that game was I was struggling to consistently get 50+ rated TV shows with the workers available at the start of the save. Just wondering if you were seeing the same issues?, although having no penalties for unimportant workers may help with this somewhat.

I don't have the exact numbers but its ranged from mid 40s to mid 50s. The no penalty for unimportant vs unimportant is certainly doing its fair share of lightening the load, I'll be the first to admit that! It does feel as though its going to take a long time for it to get beyond that stage though, and I don't see the company growing in size until I have way more than the three to five workers I currently have at recognisable and above. But it makes the game fun this way, and I suppose will assist in fending off 21CW from attempting to poach my roster. 

• Like 1

Woohoo! I got on here in time to make predictions this go round. Knowing the roster now, I could have and probably should have gotten on TEW and done some research on these guys being that I still know nothing about the UK Scene. But where is the fun in that. So I'm just going to guess again.

Comments: Normally I would bet against the tag guy but Hugh de Aske is a pirate and pirates belong on ships, not in wrestling rings. Tell me one time in the history of wrestling when I pirate gimmick actually got over. So that means Peyton punts that peg legged putz back to whatever harbor he sailed into. 

Comments: The Nothern Lights because I know these guys and they are cool and pretty good at the wrestling. A pair of Aces, more like A Pair of Losers, am I right!?!

Comments: You spell honor wrong! Just kidding, you guys invetned the language and all so that means I spell honor wrong. Lenny Mochin, because Lenny is close to Lemme and Motorhead f%$king rules!

Hardcore Match:
Comments: Brilliant White has a mask so that kind of rules. That probably also means he is a highflyer/daredevil/vanilla midget who does flippity spotfu stuff. I'm behind this 100%. 

Comments: These guys rule! Svensson and Pavel will tie you in knots, I don't know the other guys but I can't pick against two of mmy favorite Euro guys to hire. With that being said, moving forward we will refer to the School Of Wrestling as the School Of Suck whenever they are in the ring with either Pavel or Nigel.

Comments: Always go with the dude with 3 names. Looks like it's time for Leve to play the game! Huzzah, see what I did there?

You forgot to post the bonus question but I totally knew what you were going to ask so I answered below - 

Bonus tie breaker questions: What wrestler's name rhymes with Yack Juice? Jack Bruce of course

• Like 1

Match Card:

Comments: HdA is the biggest star and has more riding on it. I back him in.

Comments: Vicious and Jordan are so cool and very strong. I back them to win.

Comments: I like Blithe, but Mochin is more established.

Hardcore Match:
Comments: No idea!

Comments: Backing the European pair.

Comments: I’ve only (vaguely) heard of one of them. So I’m going with him.

• Like 1

Match Card:

Comments: I will always support my pirate king.

Comments: The Northern Lights to the top!

Christian Blithe vs Lenny Mochin
Comments: Lenny about to drink some henny after he gets this big dub bossman

Hardcore Match:
Comments: Night Spyder nuff said

Comments: School of Wrestling are going to need more studying after this ass whooping

Comments: Walkie Talkie baby

• Like 1