Revamp relationship entires

Had an idea, but it's not fully fleshed out, but figured I'd bring it here before I forget.

I'm working on a data set and sometimes more than one relationship applies. Like DDP for example, Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA, and Jake Roberts were all mentor figures for him, but in the case of Dusty and Jake, they were also very good friends. 

My idea is that worker relationships have tick boxes like Company Relationships and can include things like blood relationship, protege, friendship, and any other ideas that make sense going forward. 

It would make the relationship system less jagged and more dynamic. Often times, blood relatives are also mentors to their younger family members and this would be able to make that possible. 

Any ideas or constructive criticism? 

• Like 4

To add to this, add new dynamics to the Divorced & Split Up relationships. Divorced can either be set to Amicable or Irreconcilable. If Amicable, then when you go to negotiate with someone who is divorced from someone on your current roster, there won't be an issue. But if Irreconcilable, then the pop up saying that it would be awkward comes up. For Split Up, the settings can be something like Still Friends & Bad. Still Friends, no issue negotiating with someone who is split up with someone on your current roster. Bad, you get the pop up from the worker on your current roster saying that it's not a good idea to hire their ex.

• Like 3

On 12/1/2023 at 4:04 PM, Mattywood said:

To add to this, add new dynamics to the Divorced & Split Up relationships. Divorced can either be set to Amicable or Irreconcilable. If Amicable, then when you go to negotiate with someone who is divorced from someone on your current roster, there won't be an issue. But if Irreconcilable, then the pop up saying that it would be awkward comes up. For Split Up, the settings can be something like Still Friends & Bad. Still Friends, no issue negotiating with someone who is split up with someone on your current roster. Bad, you get the pop up from the worker on your current roster saying that it's not a good idea to hire their ex.

Yes absolutely. It would solve problems like Macho getting Liz hired by WCW despite them being divorced. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...