Big Signings that Backfired?

Have you ever signed someone thinking that they would be a huge asset for you, only for them to completely blow up in your face? I had a situation like that recently, and I'd be interested in seeing everyone else's stories.

I was doing a casual playthrough with MHW recently, and I picked Mustang Blanco Jr. as a part of my starting roster because he did fairly well in a previous attempt at the promotion for me. My original plan for him was for him to hang around the midcard for a little while and pick up wins before entering the title scene. Unfortunately, he ended up being one of the biggest backstage problems that I've ever had to deal with in a stage for seemingly no reason. He ended up either starting fights or physically attacking people three times in six shows, and I ended up having to cut my losses and fire him before he could drag down the backstage morale any more. He ended up only having a couple of matches, and never coming anywhere close to the title scene.

Anyone else had a story like this?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I snapped up Remo for my growing CZCW as SWF faded. I immediately had him in the main event picture and soon in the title picture where he met my CZCW Champion Spencer Spade. They pulled a 76, the worst match on the show, when I still had a main event focus. I was determined though, and put them together again on TV the following week, drawing a 73 and putting Spade on the shelf for 3 months. Spencer’s my guy and has always, to this point, delivered. Remo’s dead to me.

• 3 weeks later...

In TEW2016, I signed Scout from TCW as CGC within the first year of the game and inserted him into the main event as a new heel to take on the DeColts and their allies. He immediately had poor chemistry with both Jack and Ricky, and then got injured after about 3 months. By the time he was back, other guys had surpassed his level, and while still popular enough to be on the fringe of the main event, just never found a great role/feud for him, and he became just another guy on the roster for the rest of that game.