CornellVerse Database Editing?

I have made changes to the main database over the years. Small things like I've given Dreadnought a contract with BCG, James Diaz a contract with Saisho but loyalty to PGHW. I've given QAW broadcasting deals with OnDem. Then they're changes I make after I start a save depending on the story I want to tell in that game. The SWF game I just started I gave Remo simmering tension with my user character Eric Eisen. I'll make other changes as the game goes on depending on what I want.

• Like 2

I mostly play TEW 2016 still, but my default database for the CVerse is pretty different from the original CVerse. I've added wrestlers (there's a whole new generation of DeColts in my DB), changed stats on a few personal favorites, and opened companies in the UK and Australia (and India in TEW 2020). Plus a few other changes that I tended to make after starting a new game anyway, I just codified them in to the game from the DB side.

• Like 1

Depends on the changes. If I want Sue Danes as my backstage interviewer I have to make her available before the game begins. Also, sometimes I set up my new company in the editor if it’s one I know I will use. Saves me the hassle of setting up events or training facilities.

On 1/19/2024 at 1:20 PM, VPrime said:

When starting a Cornellverse game, do you just start a game with the default database and make changes after taking control of a company, or do you edit the database at all?

I made a whole mod of changes! 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the CornellVerse and only play TEW in that world. That said, the 2020 default database is very disappointing to me and needs some work before starting a game. The biggest issue is that so little has changed from the 2016 database, despite what the game's narrative states. USPW has supposedly become the biggest and richest company in the world but they haven't made a single big signing in the four years since 2016. Not one! Even though their bio says fans are turning against them for poaching talent. They haven't poached anyone! Instead they've signed the likes of Jimmy Chipolata and Leaf LeBaum, rookies who can't cut it at this level yet and usually get released when their contracts come up. In fact, the only major US signing in the entire game world in those four years was Rocky Golden to SWF. Surely, a lot of contacts expired in this time but USPW couldn't lure anyone? 

The whole database is like this. TCW has something like 34 workers and 28 of them have been there for over 5 years. That company is supposed to be in the doldrums yet their two biggest stars Aaron Andrews and Wolf Hawkins seem to have both re-upped for 4 and 5 years. The few new workers they have brought include Maverick and Chris Flynn, while Davis Wayne Newton and Nelson Callum are still working once a month on the indies? TCW is supposed to be the workrate company, but the roster doesn't really reflect this. TCW and most other rosters are stale with 90% of the same workers from 2016, with only a few retirements and the odd new signing as changes.

It feels like the database was not naturally updated based on how things would have gone had the CornellVerse been real. As such, I used the 2016 database as a starting point then thought about who may have gone where over the 4 years until 2020. As such, USPW is much stronger having signing the likes of Sammy Bach, Mighty Mo, Brandon James, Atom Smasher, Rogue and more. The SWF, who suffered no consequences from the Richard Eisen scandal in the default data, are weakened as are TCW, who I've populated with a lot of indie darlings who can work. 

The game world feels more realistic to me after the changes I've made, although to be fair, it might be a little imbalanced with USPW being so powerful now. But this makes playing another company more of a challenge. This is just my opinion, of course, but changing the data lets me play in a game world I feel is more in line with the game's narrative and the natural flow of events. 

• Like 6